he/him
November 10
paniola town, alola
pansexual
ranger
cadet
5'2" height
5'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
12 posts
part of
TAG WITH @faolan
faolan ashbaker
close encounters [m]
POSTED ON May 16, 2024 18:41:29 GMT
faolan ashbaker Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Even prior to his arrival in Hoenn, Faolan rarely had the pleasure of any off time. It felt wrong to just rest when a world of opportunities, once completely closed off to him, sprawled out ahead of him like the vast ocean. With no missions currently assigned to his name, the young ranger figured he would take this chance to patrol some of the areas he had yet to visit, taking time to really immerse himself in his new environment. He really wasn't one for city life, and so he had been quick to escape the rather suffocating confines of Lilycove City after arriving there. Route 124 was a seemingly immeasurable mass of saltwater and jutting crags, and it simply called to Faolan despite his lack of a surfing Pokemon. In one's place, he'd borrowed a rather shoddy rowboat from Lilycove -- he had no intentions of going out too far, but just enough to satisfy his cravings for a little ocean outing.

With him were Bourbon and Brandy, who were small and light enough to not make much of a difference on the boat. Though Brandy was exceptionally well-behaved and calm in the face of such adventure, plopped down at Faolan's side while sweeping the ocean with a brilliantly curious and awe-struck gaze, Bourbon was unable to keep himself still. The little Yamper raced from one end of the boat to the next, bright bouts of electricity sparking from the end of his tail. Half of Faolan's time was occupied with restraining the little dog by the scruff to keep him from leaping into the water and quite possibly killing them all with the electric current he would surely send jolting through the boat.

So hyper-focused was Faolan on Bourbon that he failed to notice the dark shadow forming beneath the water -- and it was dangerously close. The one who did notice, however, was Brandy, whose little body began to puff up with obvious fear and the dreadful sight. A pitiful whimper escaped the young Fidough, and she shrunk closer to her trainer, who had finally wrangled the happily panting and completely oblivious Bourbon into his arms. Faolan, huffing from the effort, glanced down at Brandy with mild concern, but before he could even open his mouth to question her, something emerged from the water.

Faolan barely got a glimpse of it. To say it was massive was a horrible understatement, it's gigantic bulk casting a dark shadow over the group as it arced through the air. Brilliantly glowing rings adorned its broad fins and underbelly, making it obvious that it wasn't just some oddly energetic Wailord. Before Faolan could process the sight enough to start making guesses on what exactly it was, the incredible splash resulting from the creature re-entering the water sent the boat rocketing backward. The way it endured blasting wave after wave, it was a miracle that it stayed upright. However, the ranger and his two Pokemon were now absolutely drenched to the bone, though in the aftermath of what they'd just seen, it went almost completely unnoticed.

Bourbon stood at the edge of the boat, barking incessantly as his eyes followed the slow-moving shadow beneath the waves. Faolan, rattled both physically and emotionally, knew he was clearly in no position to battle the creature. Swallowing a lump in his throat, the ranger promptly began to row his boat to one of the nearby rocky outcroppings, hoping that getting his feet onto land would give him a better perspective of the situation.
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,739 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
close encounters [m]
POSTED ON May 16, 2024 19:16:42 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

When and his pokemon would approach the strip of land they would find... more dogs. A Herdier, a Bolthund, and a Dashbun who seemed to be lazily laying in the sun. Odd place, since there was no food here. All three of the dogs looked fat, healthy, and happy; they even have on collars with tags hanging off of them.[break][break]

The three pokemon would perk up from their lazy sleeping, the Dashbun in particular standing from his sunning to slowly approach the boat, fat tail wagging slowly and head tilted.[break][break]

From the opposite shore, a sudden splash of water as a figure rose out of it. A man in a Sharpedo themed wetsuit, riding on the back of one. The Sharpedo was massive, large fin sticking out of the water.[break][break]

Tempest Quinn blinked in something like surprise at seeing someone else out here, pulling the rebreather from his slacked jaw to let it hang by his shoulder.[break][break]

"Who the hell are you? Don't you know it's dangerous out here?" In Tempest's hand was a large syringe, filled with thin blue liquid.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 the lawless sea

[attr="class","pkmn"][break][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

tybaxel

fay
he/him
November 10
paniola town, alola
pansexual
ranger
cadet
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
12 posts
part of
TAG WITH @faolan
faolan ashbaker
close encounters [m]
POSTED ON May 17, 2024 1:19:06 GMT
faolan ashbaker Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Adrenaline surging through his bloodstream in the way that it was, Faolan hadn't even noticed the small group of dogs on the little outcropping until he had sloppily parked his rowboat. With frantic urgency, he tossed the terror-paralyzed Brandy ashore before scrambling out himself, Bourbon tagging close behind. With drenched clothes uncomfortably plastered to his skin, he watched the shadow beneath the water as it circled menacingly around the little island, as if honing in on unsuspecting prey. He was being targeted.

Bourbon, with his one-track mind, seemed to disregard the imminent danger in pursuit of the newfound company. With a broad, doggish grin stretched across his face, the Yamper approached the Dachsbun with a furiously wagging tail. His nose was nearly pressed against the other's as he sniffed in a curious and enthusiastic greeting, eventually nabbing the attention of both Brandy and his trainer. The Fidough in particular was quick to rush to Bourbon's flank with a drooping tail, as if convinced the little dog could protect her. Faolan was puzzled as to how these Pokemon got here -- clearly well-fed and pampered, they were anything but wild. Not only that, but they seemed...unusually calm. Was their trainer nearby? Maybe-

His train of thought was abruptly cut short when the Sharpedo emerged from the water, casting waves against the rocks and splashing up onto his already-soaked uniform. Wiping saltwater from his eyes, Faolan gawked in stupid disbelief at the man surfing on top of the sizable Pokemon.

"I-I should be asking you the same! You don't look like a ranger!" he exclaimed over the roar of the waves, silently noting the rather...tacky wetsuit. "We should both get out of here! There's something in the-"

Faolan trailed off as he noticed the syringe in the man's hand, filled with something he couldn't put a name to. Despite this, a sense of dread seemed to envelop him at the sight of it. At the same time, an enraged, earth-shattering screech -- similar to a Wailord's cry, but higher pitched and infinitely more formidable -- rose up from the water as if heralding an imminent doom. His brow narrowed as he tried to push past his ever-growing panic, trying to keep his gaze fixed on the man ahead of him.

"...What are you holding?!" His tone was shaky but accusatory -- it was obvious that he was young and inexperienced, but still trying to put on a brave face with great effort. "Do you know something about that creature?!"
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,739 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
close encounters [m]
POSTED ON May 25, 2024 4:25:26 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

The sea started to churn, unnatural clouds gathering for rain to start to pour.[break][break]

Tempest raised a brow at , cocking his head to the side. He lifted the syringe up by his face, shaking the liquid inside a bit. The needle was capped quickly before he tried to attach it to his hip, clipped with his pokeballs.[break][break]

"Blood. I stole it from..."[break][break]

The leviathan's call echoed from the water, high pitched and angry. Tempest winced some, knowing what was to come.[break][break]

"Her. Better run off, little Ranger." For his part, Temp didn't seem directly aggressive for the moment. The three dogs tails wagged slowly, as if confused, all three of them unsure if they should follow after their Trainer or keep trying to play with their new companions.[break][break]

Tempest produced a set of empty balls from his belt, lifting them to call back the three canines. Stepping back, he made his way back to his Sharpedo.[break][break]

"I just came back for my pets." Tempest flicked his eyes over to the little dingey the Ranger had rode up in. "Do you think you're getting away in that?"

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 i forgor to link the ref of his outfit!

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

tybaxel

fay
he/him
November 10
paniola town, alola
pansexual
ranger
cadet
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
12 posts
part of
TAG WITH @faolan
faolan ashbaker
close encounters [m]
POSTED ON May 26, 2024 2:20:45 GMT
faolan ashbaker Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Blood. For some reason, part of Faolan had been expecting such a gruesome answer, and yet it still amplified the sensation of freezing dread in his core. The cries of the gargantuan beast beneath the waves seemed to summon storm clouds on demand, rolling in from the horizon to blanket the sky overhead. He glanced upward, squinting as fat droplets began to fall. It was obvious this wasn't your run-of-the-mill Pokemon, but it was a Pokemon nonetheless. Protecting them was the duty he'd been given, right? He wasn't particularly knowledgeable when it came to creatures of legend and myth...but he couldn't idly stand by as this guy paddled off with an ancient blood sample. What did this citizen want with such a thing, anyway? Unless...

"...You're from Team Rocket, aren't you?" As the words left Faolan's mouth, another bellowing cry split the air, thick with fury and unprecedented power. The ranger felt his knees weaken. This was his first encounter with someone of the famed terrorist organization, and he wasn't backed up by his superiors. He was truly, utterly alone, and with a furious predator circling beneath his feet...it was a true nightmare scenario.

As the man called back his dogs, Faolan stood himself almost protectively in front of his own. Bourbon was visibly confused at the disappearance of the newfound company, while Brandy sheltered herself behind her trainer's legs. The new ranger gripped Whiskey's ball, still fastened to his belt -- she was his strongest partner, and if things were to escalate, he knew he could rely on her strength...but he really was not a fighter by nature. Perhaps he could take a different approach.

"...You need to hand that over." Faolan's voice of authority was shaky and weak, his confidence clearly wavering amidst this rather frightening predicament, "You've clearly made it upset! It's going to attack us both...or the people in Lilycove!" At the mention of his boat, he glanced briefly over at it as it rode the waves rather pathetically, water splashing along the edges and filling the inside. It was true that he wasn't going anywhere in this weather. The Pokemon churning the storm needed to be calmed. "Please...j-just do the right thing and give it to me. We can both make it out of this."

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,739 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
close encounters [m]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2024 16:09:29 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

A shake of the head 'no'. Tempest secured his sample to the best of his ability, tucking it away in a special pocket on his bodysuit. Just for times like this, to keep delicate objects from breaking. He was a professional, after all.[break][break]

"Yeah? What clued you in to that?" Tempest snorts, half rolls his eyes at . He doesn't mean to be dismissive. Usually people take one look at him and know exactly who he is and start shaking in their boots. There was a reason that he only went on high-profile missions.[break][break]

Tempest turned, going back to his Sharpedo. The shark pokemon stared out of the water with beady eyes at the trainer and his canines. There was a pause before he mounted her again, left this Ranger to their fate...[break][break]

The whale-call sounded in the distance. Rain was already spattering on the sand with a fast growing intensity.[break][break]

Turning his head, he glanced back at the Ranger and his dogs.[break][break]

"Kyogre has been frenzied since it's bonded up and left the Region. She would attack Lilycove regardless of what I did or didn't do."[break][break]

Tempest tilts his head, regards Faolan carefully for a few long moments.[break][break]

"You really don't recognize me, do you?" A pause, careful contemplation. A sharp, shark's smile breaks over his lips after a few moments. The rain is beating down even harder now.[break][break]

"I can respect your moxie. Sniveling in your boots, but you're still trying to fuck with the big dogs. How's this; I feel bad for you, so I'll let my girl here pull your little boat out of Kyogre's kill-zone." Tempest pats the Sharpedo proudly. "Then I go home with my sample, and you get to go tell the other newbie Rangers you survived an encounter with Tempest Quinn. Sounds fair to me."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 i forgor to link the ref of his outfit!

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights