he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,624 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
Ranger 101: Obstruction
POSTED ON May 22, 2024 6:03:44 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","leprosearlo1"] -----

[break]
[attr="class","leprosearlo"]

"This isn't too hard right Rika?" he questions one of his workers who help him put the training together. The construction lady gives him a bit of a 'seriously?' kind of look in response but he wasn't too sure what it meant without looking to Salem to translate it for him. So far his Elites have beaten it for the most part, their success rate pretty high. [break][break]

But the cadets and trainees? [break][break]

Not so much, so he had called for Eris to come, she was a gremlin for danger she could do this right? And if she could do it so should his rangers, though maybe his sense of training is still somewhat skewed due to Rocket vs what was seen as normal training.

[break][break]

[attr="class","leprosearlo1"]

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Mission: Voltorb Obstruction[break]
use one of these names in a post in any capacity: giovanni, bertha, clay, hapu, rika.

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Hammersmith One]
[newclass=.leprosearlo]background-color:rgba(35,35,35,1);padding:20px;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo i]font:11px Roboto;font-style:italic;color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo b]font:10px Hammersmith One;color:#b13e53;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo a]color:#84c5d0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo1]margin:-14px 0px -9px 0px;background-color:#b13e53;color:#2b2b2b;text-align:center;font:10px Oswald;padding:5px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo1 a]font:10px Oswald;color:#2b2b2b!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
5,226 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 22, 2024 8:45:47 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[attr="class","eris101"]WHEN YOUR SKIES ARE GREY, AND YOUR WHOLE WORLD IS SHAKING
[break]
[attr="class","eris102"]TO THE MOON AND BACK, I'LL LOVE YOU MORE THAN THAT
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]"What's this meant to be?"[break][break]

No, seriously. What is this? A whole field of Voltorb? All looking rather pissed off and ready to explode at the slightest touch? Even Reiner seems slightly perturbed by the sight. Though that's more likely because he's been dragged from the comfort of his favourite napping spot in the backyard, only to be greeted with this.[break][break]

"What am I supposed to do here?"
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]mission
[attr="class","eris103"]
[attr="class","eris103"]MUSIC
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.eris99]width:500px;height:250px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris100]width:500px;height:30px;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;line-height:30px!important;color:#f5f5f5;background-color:#333333;letter-spacing:2px;position:relative;z-index:1;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris101]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris102]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris101]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris102]opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103]width:100%;padding:10px 0px;background-color:#a0bad6;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;letter-spacing:2px;color:#333333;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103 a]color:#333333!important;font:8px Helvetica;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris109 b]font:bold 10px Helvetica;color:#a0bad6;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Montserrat:400,700]
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,624 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
POSTED ON May 22, 2024 23:18:32 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

The captain looks back as he hears the familiar voice as she seems to question him too. He gives a simple 'yo' in welcome as he allows her to take in the field, see if he couldn't get her first impressions on the matter. Though it seems like maybe he was in the minority of this being a completely normal training course. [break][break]

"Its a speed course... of sorts, get through the field of voltorbs to the other side with as little of them exploding as possible," he explains the rules in their overall simplicity. "You may us pokemon to try and stop their explosions as you go by and even help you across, but you might find that some of your bigger pokemon might struggle getting across without touching one," hence the numbers, "the only exceptions being you can't fly or teleport[break][break]

"Some of my men think this is too difficult to use for training, but it seems normal... right? I mean if nothing else if you can do it so could the trainees at least."
that was his logic for this.

[break][break]

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Mission: Voltorb Obstruction

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.leprosearlo]background-color:rgba(35,35,35,1);padding:20px;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo i]font:11px Roboto;font-style:italic;color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo1]margin:-14px 0px -9px 0px;background-color:#b13e53;color:#2b2b2b;text-align:center;font:10px Oswald;padding:5px 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,226 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 24, 2024 8:09:06 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[attr="class","eris101"]WHEN YOUR SKIES ARE GREY, AND YOUR WHOLE WORLD IS SHAKING
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]"Is that meant to be speed, or agility?" She squints, still trying to wrap her head around the whole layout of the field. "Is this meant to simulate a minefield?"[break][break]

It's meant as a joke but deep down, she does find herself balking at how easily those words slip off her tongue. Another look at the field. Yeahp, still angry Voltorb ready to explode.[break][break]

"Is this really considered normal training?"[break][break]

Do Rangers really need to be prepared for such a situation? Maybe it's meant to simulate the whole battle experience against powerful foes like Groudon and those Precipice Blades... but wouldn't you want to focus on how to neutralise such a threat? Kind of like how SPECTRA worked -[break][break]

She holds her tongue, words that would probably mean very little to most but could still land her in quite a fair bit of trouble.[break][break]

"Isn't it kinda weird to use me as a baseline for what cadets can or can't do?"
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.eris100]width:500px;height:30px;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;line-height:30px!important;color:#f5f5f5;background-color:#333333;letter-spacing:2px;position:relative;z-index:1;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris101]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris102]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris101]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris102]opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103]width:100%;padding:10px 0px;background-color:#a0bad6;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;letter-spacing:2px;color:#333333;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,624 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
POSTED ON May 25, 2024 8:19:32 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

"Its meant to simulate the dangers that could be in your way, to be able to take in the environment around you as you go forward to the goal, and see if you can move yourself and your pokemon to ensure you're both safe," he answers back, thinking back to war grounds both in Kanto and Hoenn when Rocket and League were fighting. Using the training to try and learn how to navigate all of these things at once. He looks to her hoping his explaination made sense but after hearing the question, and seeing the look on both his assitant and Salem his shoulders can't help but slump a bit. [break][break]

"I mean... I thought it to be normal?" yet again he is shown that what his 'normal' was not the norm for majority of society. Just a child who was groomed for war rather than live the average childhood. [break][break]

"Why would it be weird? If a young teenager could do it then so could an adult?" again his reasoning was based off how he had come to learn things, "But uhhh... if all of you think this might be too much maybe I should rethink this course?" he offers slightly rejected, and embarrassed over an oversight that would probably be so simple to others.

[break][break]

[break][break]

+

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,226 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 27, 2024 1:30:39 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]"Hmmm... Well, when you put it that way..." Crossing her arms, she nods to herself. "Yeahp, makes sense!"[break][break]

Does it really? Reiner begs to differ, but at this point, anyone who questions what normalcy is in Hoenn are the ones that are abnormal.[break][break]

Reaching up to the skies, Eris takes a moment to stretch and shake her legs out. "I can give it a go." Then as she taps her toe on the ground, she begins to zip up her jacket and tuck in all the loose straps. "No sygna or any special gear, right?"
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,624 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
POSTED ON May 28, 2024 1:00:26 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

Salem gives Eris a look as it seems she just wants to humor his trainer and seems to make a comment about it being a bad idea. One that would go completely misunderstood to all be the pokemon around them. Though Razz seems happy about it that there was someone outside his Elites willing to test this. Though this would probably prove just how wrong he was, either way something would come of it. Maybe it was just the stress he was under? [break][break]

"Nah sygna suit is fine, as well as any gear we can provide the Ranger's usual gear if you'd think any of it would help," he offers as he shows off his belt that he wore showing the rope, baton, and even poke treats. "the only real rule is no flying and no just going around the course," near anything else was up for her use. The sygna especially as he was sure it would buffer some damage should she set anything off.

[break][break]

[break][break]

+

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,226 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 28, 2024 8:21:46 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]She stares real hard at the gear, pursing her lips before finally reaching a conclusion.[break][break]

"Your poke treats." A hand outstretched and she will receive her prize (much to Reiner's amusement). After all, the topmost priority is not gearing herself up, but gearing her pokemon on the sidelines to prevent potential mishaps.[break][break]

"You're in charge."[break][break]

The order is passed onto Captain Einar, who nods all too solemnly as he receives the treats from her. And he is flanked by Lieutenant Nessie and Socks as they gasp in awe at the precious package.[break][break]

"You guys know the drill. Reiner and I won't be too long!"[break][break]

No need for sygna suits. She doubts that most of the cadets would possess such gear. Though Reiner has a proper z-move, this would probably be a good time to test their natural limits and see how far they've come.[break][break]

Oh, one last question before she steps onto the field. Turning back to Razz, she feels Reiner tug at her hand and gently grasps back.[break][break]

"Are you gonna time us?"
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,624 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
POSTED ON May 30, 2024 2:06:02 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

"We... have extras?" he offers her as he is actually on top of how much they have. Though with her hand already out reached he just gives in and unclips it from his own belt and hands it over. It seems to get a chuckle out of the observer as well as several of his pokemon watching. Not that he minded it any as Eris seemed to getting herself prepared mentally. Razz curious to see just how she would go about it all. [break][break]

He gives a nod as he takes out a timer, "Will keep your initial time, then you get added time for every voltorb that goes off," he warns, "Timmer starts whenever you take your first step in"

[break][break]

[break][break]

+

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,226 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2024 3:04:30 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]A penalty from setting the Voltorb off is expected, but that won't stop her from pursing her lips in thought.[break][break]

"Alrighty then."[break][break]

A few last hops, breaths to get her heart pumping. And then she's off, Reiner following close on her tail.[break][break]

The Voltorbs' movements are erratic, rolling about as they bounce off walls and one another. And with each touch, they buzz angrily at each other, as if cursing and threatening to explode that very instant. All she has to do is find the gaps in which she can slip herself into.[break][break]

Growl. A little to the left. Nudge. Take a few steps more forwards. Bark. No, not there. Reiner is faster at predicting their movements, and quite honestly, athletic enough to jump, twist and zip over possible collisions. She, on the other hand, has to factor in her limited field of vision and -[break][break]

A rough bump against her side. An electrifying spark that sets off every alarm in her head. But before she gets caught in the explosion, she feels something wrap around her chest and yank her back. As always, Reiner has her back, keeping her steady on her feet before releasing his grip and continuing to lead the way.[break][break]

Beside , a Ralts suddenly pops into existence, a low pressure emanating from their presence. One that is quickly suppressed as the Woopers begin to crowd them and cheerfully offer a cookie.
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,624 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2024 5:40:20 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

The moment she takes off is when Razz starts the time and he watches not seeming too worried about the teen. Razz just casually watching as his aide seems to watch with stress as the kid is taking it on. He gives a side glance wondering if she should be as worried as her, if his stress and lack of sleep have really affected his judgement in making this course. [break][break]

He nods in approval though as they're using Reiner's natural instincts and electric field to sense where the voltorb would be ahead of time. Razz thinks if Eris had more training herself she might be able to do this better. "That's good evasion!" he calls out to try and encourage her before the 'Ralts' suddenly appears, and the woopers offer them snacks. Ah so that's what the treats were for. [break][break]

kUZw8RnV[break]
[With the nice use of pokemon if the above roll is 25 or lower more voltorb will go off for a worse score, if higher then it'll be one round with no voltorb going off]

[break][break]

[break][break]

+

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,226 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 5:24:19 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]Time is ticking. She needs to pick up the pace, she can't let herself get run down by -[break][break]

Another Voltorb comes barreling in from the left, forcing her to tuck and roll before it touches. And Razz might even feel a sudden spike of unease in his chest, the Ralts having climbed upon his shoulder as they watch their ward's attempt rather intently.[break][break]

"Reiner!"[break][break]

Her call draws him right in, the Luxray sweeping by her side and scooping her right up onto his back. She has to admit it. On her own, she wouldn't be able to catch the dangers coming from her blind spot. But when they're together, she could very well help guide Reiner when he doesn't have to worry as much about her.[break][break]

Just like a volcano full of Precipice Blades.[break][break]

Two Voltorb up ahead on a collision course. Reiner readies to leap over them, but Eris presses a hand against his shoulder.[break][break]

"Straight through." She murmurs, her palm heavy as doubt encroaches on her judgement. But he will believe where she begins to falter, keeping his pace as he barrels on through. Sure enough, the Voltorb crash into one another and in a sudden spark of electricity, open a path as they blast themselves apart.
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,624 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2024 4:31:44 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

If his nerves weren't already shot from outside stress, they were certainly spiking again as time after time Eris seems to try for narrowly avoiding several voltorbs. Though as he feels the weight on his shoulder he understands the sudden emotion. Seems like someone was worried, but he does give the 'ralts' some reassuring pats, "Shes going to be fine, you choose her for a reason right?" he questions the guardian to reasure them and hopefully not put this extra panic in him before he watches on. [break][break]

The young teen seemingly want to go for risk for a better score rather than taking the cautious route, which was definitely a choice. One he didn't prefer, but if she thought it would help her out then sure. He would have to dock points for the voltorb she allows to self destruct, but will give her something to using the blast to help with momentum. [break][break]

hqBH_DuT

[break][break]

[break][break]

+

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,226 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 7:36:23 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]The pats provide momentary comfort, the unease subsiding as the topic of trust is touched upon. And yet, a part of them still remains antsy - For they have spent more than enough time with Eris to understand the basic gist of what goes on inside her head.[break][break]

Speed against caution. Surely Razz would be the kind to prioritise safety over speed, but Eris truly doesn't think in such situations. Instead, she simply feels her way about the presented problem, follows her gut instincts and stumbles her way into solutions. Most times, it falls to the Luxray to truly tear through the problem successfully.[break][break]

There will be no exceptions here. With Eris calling out paths and Reiner fixing the plans with his own gut instincts, they zig and zag way through the field, tumbling past the finish line without any further mishaps.
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,624 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 18:18:59 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

Seems like speed over caution was a good way to go for the most part, and the trust she had in Reiner definitely went a long way as it allowed her to just focus on the running. Its not the way he would've done things but he's learned to expect different results from different people as he's taken up captainship. Not everyone followed proper protocol but they still gave desirable results and so he has learned to allow. [break][break]

He stops the clock and begins to walk over towards the finish line after asking his assistant to tend to the voltorb that did explode. "You did really well," he calls out to Eris as he walks over giving the 'Ralts' a look, "see told you she'd be fine." Once he gets close he would help with the in depth analysis of her race. About what she did right, his opinions about her risk etc etc because Razz did this with the rangers who tried it out so far. [break][break]

"So calculating the voltorb you let explode, your time is at 2:20, which is slightly better than the average, so what do you think of the course?" the reason he brought her here in the first place to see if this seemed like a good idea because he knows his own thoughts were skewed.

zw4xFUM7

[break][break]

[break][break]

+

[googlefont=Oswald]
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times