12 posts
cato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cato
cato
remember that one training montage in rocky [m]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 21:19:45 GMT
cato Avatar
For Arceus's sake, at least it's the nice one.

Frowning to themselves, Cato reaches up a hand to rub at the edge of his eye, poking and prodding at a fresh bruise, before glancing upwards with a guilty expression. Another day, another mission failed— another defeat met at the hands of a curious ranger, and a couple more stolen goods lost in the process.

Usually, they'd have been a bit more stubborn about their many failures— but there's something about Tempest, so mysteriously kind, so seemingly careful with what he says, that he can't help but feel like he'd disappointed the man.

"I'll do better next time." It's an empty promise, made through gritted teeth, as their head turns down to, once again, return to their usual routine of staring at the floor.

"...You're just so good at it." Fighting. Battling. Getting your blood pumping. It's almost strange, how someone so gentle and nurturing can push himself to the bitter end. That, unlike Cato, there's no sign of cowardice between his eyes. He doesn't run.

"How?" ...How do you do it? Keep standing like that, all the while?

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,038 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
remember that one training montage in rocky [m]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 6:25:03 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Don't touch it." The tone is gentle. Tempest hooks a finger under 's chin to tilt it back, brown eyes glancing over the bruised skin. His free hand brushes strong smelling and thick cream over the bruising; it would tingle. When he's done, Tempest would pull back and smile, hands on his hips much like a parent might pose.[break][break]

"I've been in Rocket for years. Was a Gym Leader before that; you just haven't had as much practical experience." Cato's concern is waved off, but not unkindly. Tempest understood where the other came from. He'd been a dogshit battler before becoming a Gym Leader. It was only the backing of his father, who was the original candidate, that he even got the position. Tempest had only ever been good at beating the shit out of things himself.[break][break]

He cocks his head to the side like a curious dog might, blinking down with some confusion at the other. As always, his face breaks into a smile before he shrugs.[break][break]

"Every person in Rocket is under my protection, so what kind of Beast would I be if I couldn't defend them?"

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 canon connections

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times