He/Him
May 14
Slateport City
Demisexual
Hacker
Civilian
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casper
casper linton
Disrupt the Disrupter
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2024 8:02:40 GMT
casper linton Avatar
The atmosphere in the hotel was subdued. Not unusual for the time, 2AM wasn't exactly peak roaming hours. Still, Casper had expected more people to be celebrating victories, nursing bruised egos, or staggering in after late seminars from the CFT event at the nearby convention center. The multi-day gathering drew in a good crowd and he expected that at least a third of the rooms booked in the hotel that night were hackers like him.

He topped his categories, of course, the name Prometheus would hold claim to some notoriety, but he'd been still hungry for more of a challenge. Bug-bounty money was consistent at least, and messing with Rocket kept him entertained, but he was feeling a desperate need to test his wit. The message had come at the perfect time, perfectly encrypted. Room 109.

It wasn't uncommon for some less ethical hacking to take place under the cover of the larger event. Over time Casper and a few trusted names built up a circle that would compete with each other in disrupting a renowned organization, without malicious intention, even if the law didn't agree with their idea of good-natured fun.

He expected a server set up specific to their purpose behind the door. But he couldn't help but hesitate, hand on the knob of the propped open door. The lights were off inside. Even if he was the first there, it was too quiet. He heard no shuffling from hotel patrons down the hall, or weary cleaners rolling equipment over carpet. He hadn't kept his identity secret for so long by not being cautious. Casper turned on his heel, but even though his mind was ready for a fast getaway, his body hadn't been. His stumbled over his own foot and dropped his laptop bag with a thump that seemed to echo against the walls. "Shit."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Disrupt the Disrupter
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2024 8:33:24 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","angel"]
[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","avatarimg"]

[attr="class","pkmnteam"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","symbol"][attr="class","fas fa-fire"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

Toppling the best was a game of cat and mouse more enjoyable than most give credit. She'd done it before, taking hold of without issue, and now she aimed to do again. Although, the target was more of a nuisance than any online critic.
[break][break]

Prometheus. A young hacker whose name fit the outrageous trouble he's caused.
[break][break]

It took time tracking his whereabouts. A few other prominent figures were also on the list of gnats needing squashing, and killing one would only send the others into hiding. So she needed wait. Just long enough to set up a spiderweb wide enough to capture them all in one swift swoop.
[break][break]

Step after step, Penelope's steps were enunciated with a solid click of heel hitting wood. Slow, calculated, the sound was the ticking of a clock marching closer and closer toward the end.
[break][break]

"Seems like you got my invitation," she smiled. There was no need to rush the moment - guards were already stationed at every corner, both inside and out. If he ran, it wouldn't be far. "I was starting to think you wouldn't show."
[break][break]

[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".angel"]--accent:#A54339; --headercolor:#2E2B2B;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel"]width: 490px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius: 5px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border: 1px solid # #2d2d2d; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel b"]color:var(--accent); font:14px/16px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel a"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 14px/16px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel i"]color:#ddd; text-decoration:underline solid #444; letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .inner"]padding: 30px 30px 30px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .sidebar"]width: 100px; padding-top: 20px; float: left; text-align:center; display: inline-grid; justify-content: center; justify-items: start; [/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .postbox"]color: #eee; font: 12px 'Poppins'; text-align: justify; margin-left: 120px; border-top: 1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding: 15px; border-color: #292929;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .avatarimg img"]width: 90px; height: 90px; float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin-left:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .chartag"]font:15px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); text-align:center; margin-top:40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .pkmnteam"]width: 130px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .pkmnteam img"]margin-left: -30px; margin-bottom: -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .headerh"]height:20px; background:var(--headercolor); opacity:0.5;[/newclass]

[newclass=".angel .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom: 28px; opacity: 0.3; right: 9px;[/newclass][newclass=".angel .mcredits a"]font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; color:#8f9f9f;[/newclass][newclass=".angel .mcredits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".angel .symbol"] position: absolute; bottom: 10px; color: #757575; font-size: 230px; opacity: 0.03; z-index: 2; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins|Abril+Fatface]
close tab

played by

popcorn

He/Him
May 14
Slateport City
Demisexual
Hacker
Civilian
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
3 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casper
casper linton
Disrupt the Disrupter
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2024 20:39:37 GMT
casper linton Avatar
Casper sucked in a breath. He didn't recognize this woman and that was never a good sign. Someone might have had a loose tongue or purposely sold information on him and his associates. It didn't much matter now. A chill ran down his spine, a poor omen that seemed to suggest he wouldn't be able to talk his way out of this. In any case, he'd be damned if he didn't try.

He attempted to use picking up his dropped items as a moment to gather his composure. He turned his gaze to the brow of the woman in front of him, hoping a bit of false confidence would cover for how unsettled he truly felt.

"Sorry, I think I've got the wrong room, and you've got the wrong person." Casper pretended to scroll through his phone, "Ah, yeah. I'm in 116," he cleared his throat, "I'll just be going then."

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing