48 posts
Kokou Inudai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kokou
Kokou Inudai
[Mission] On Top of the Utility Lines
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2024 2:15:24 GMT
Kokou Inudai Avatar

It was high noon in Rustboro City and Kokou had just got done working the best, and by beat I mean that he was beating the crap out of Rich Boy's for Team Rocket. Kokou was a hired thug for Rocket, he dealt with debtors most often, but he liked to call himself a mercenary. It wasn't honest work, but it was hard work and someone had to do it. Kokou loved being that someone. 
[break][break]
Walking down the loosely packed streets, Kokou noticed that there was little breeze today. Fu, Kokou's Rowlet, was flying somewhere high in the sky above him, watching his master and keeping an eye out for any funny business. Fu was Kokou's starter Pokemon, he had gotten him from his Aunt Sango when he was just a child, and Fu was Kokou's most loyal Pokemon. Fu was a mischievous prankster, always getting Kokou into trouble when they were young, but as Kokou got older and became more strict with his Pokemon, Fu took more of a leadership role in the team. Tekko, Kokou's Metagross, greatly respected Fu and protected him with it's life. All of the Pokemon loved Fu.
[break][break]
Flying high in the sky, Fu swooped down and landed on Kokou's shoulder. That meant that Fu had spotted something, and as the owl Pokemon was on Kokou's shoulder, he pointed up in the sky at the power lines. To Kokou's surprise, there was a rather large Swellow flapping it's wings above the power lines. In it's beak was all sorts of straw, and it seemed the Pokemon was trying to build a nest. It was flying in chaotic patterns and Kokou wondered if it was perhaps drunk on berries. Sometimes pecha berries over ripened and turned into alcohol. It taste terrible but some Pokemon found a taste for it. Kokou stared up at the power line with Fu, watching the bird Pokemon try to make a nest.

Mission: Cuckoos Nest
close tab

played by

Aphrodite

Ai
She/Her
Twenty-Five
June 12th
Rustboro City
Heterosexual
Ranger Nurse
Cadet
n/a
Single
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @airi
AIRI WATANABE
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2024 3:44:09 GMT
AIRI WATANABE Avatar

Airi and Bean, her Mudkip, made their way through Rustboro City completing the rounds before shift change. "Well, at least the weather isn't too bad, right Bean?" Airi spoke to her azure aquatic partner, who is walking closely behind her. The Mudkip nodded his head in response before jogging ahead of his trainer a bit. "Bean! Don't wonder off too ahead of me!" She called out to the mudfish Pokémon. She sighed and shook her head at bit at her partner. Energetic as always," she giggled as she continued to walk along the path.

As Airi continued to follow the path ahead, she soon felt her cell phone vibrating against her hip. She carefully removed the device from her utility belt to read the alert across the screen. Apparently, a wild bird Pokémon has been seen trying to build its nest on a few power lines within the city. Unless the said Pokémon is a Kilowatterel, there is a good chance the flying-type's life is going to be put at risk. Airi quickly marked the location of the crisis on her device. Luckily, she is not too far from it. Hopefully, she will be able to make it there in time before the bird turns into fried or roasted bird.

Up ahead, Bean found himself approaching a rather dark, and mysterious trainer and his Pokémon. Bean, being the curious individual that he is carefully move closer towards them. He glanced up and stared at the trainer for a few seconds before greeting him with a loud and cheerful bark as he titled his head to the side a bit.

Thankfully, Airi was not too far behind her Mudkip. "Bean! I told you not to wonder off to far ahead of me!" She called out to the water-type Pokémon, carefully picking him up and carrying him inside of her arms. "My apologies," she said to the younger trainer, barely making eye contact with him. However, her deep azure eyes did make contact with the flying-type above trying to make its nest within the power lines. "This isn't good. I am going to have to find a way to stop that Swellow before it hurts itself. I will also need to make sure that no one else gets hurt, too." She spoke more to herself than to anyone else around her.

close tab

played by

King of Cats

The Caged Bird - Torikago
He/Him
July 31st
Verdanturf Town
Heterosexual
Mercenary
Grunt
5'10" height
5'10" height
"For so long we talk about our dreams..."
awards
48 posts
Kokou Inudai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kokou
Kokou Inudai
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2024 4:33:45 GMT
Kokou Inudai Avatar

ToKokou's surprise, there was a noisy bark from down below. Turning his gaze from the bird in the power lines, Kokou looked down to see a little Mudkip roaming the streets. It had chosen him to pick on, and was looking at Kokou quite curiously. "Aren't you.. a little thing." Kokou said to the Mudkip named Bean. Fu get a hoot, alerting Kokou of what was happening in the power lines.
[break][break]
Next to where the Swellow was trying to build it's next, there were several rattata's forming a line going back and forth from the straw the Swellow had placed, and back to the ground. The Rattata were stealing the birds home! Kokou thought the whole ordeal as quite comical, but turned his attention back to the Mudkip.
[break][break]
"Where'd ya come-" Kokou was beginning to ask Bean before he was interrupted by Airi. "Oh good." Kokou said flatly when Airi picked up her Pokemon. As she apologized, Kokou recognized Airi from Trainer's Eye. She was the sexy older lady he had dropped a line on, to no avail. He wondered if she would recognize him. It was hard to miss him with the dyed blonde undercut and long mohawk. Not to mention the tattoo below his eye. Kokou looked like a ruffian. Trying not to give away the fact that he noticed Airi, and recognized her by name, Kokou said, "Oh, it's no worries. Some Pokemon like to run off, I guess." Kokou's Pokemon didn't act like that. They were strictly trained soldiers for Kokou, they had the utmost respect for him and protected him with their lives. If he said to stop, they stopped. But not everyone's Pokemon were just so, Kokou figured Airi was just another weak trainer.
[break][break]
When Airi mentioned the Swellow, he turned his head to look back at the scene above. "Yeah that's a nightmare waiting to happen. Power could go out for the whole district." Kokou paused for a moment, considering what Airi had just said. "And the Pokemon could get hurt." He scratched the back of his head. "I could help ya, I'm Kokou." He introduced himself with a handshake. Kokou's hands were rough from training with a sword. "I'm not much of a hero, but I have Pokemon that could help." Kokou retrieved a PokeBall from his utility belt and showed it to Airi.

close tab

played by

Aphrodite

Ai
She/Her
Twenty-Five
June 12th
Rustboro City
Heterosexual
Ranger Nurse
Cadet
n/a
Single
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @airi
AIRI WATANABE
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2024 1:36:55 GMT
AIRI WATANABE Avatar

At least the other trainer did not seem to be too bothered by Bean's present and that was a good thing. Airi giggled softly, then nodded her head at the other person. "Yeah. He is quite the curious one. A little mischievous at times, too. But I do not think that is by he needed up here. It seems that he may have sense danger," She added, her deep blue eyes making eye contact with his darker orbs for a few seconds. He seems to look a little bit familiar to her, but she cannot remember exactly where she may know him from at the moment. It is not that she is horrible with faces, just more so preoccupied with more important matters as the moment, then to figure out how she knows him.

"Exactly, this why I am going to have to intervene before anything bad can happen," she stated, shifting her attention back towards the bird and the power line as she took a moment to assess the situation. Her thoughts were soon distracted when the male trainer offered to help them introduced himself to her. She sighs a bit, debating on if she should allow him to help her not. It is not that she does not want him to help her, but more so along the lines of not wanting a civilian taking a major risk and potentially getting injured. "Nice to meet you, Kouki. I am Airi. Listen... I will let you help me out, but you have to promise me two things... First, you are going to have to listen to me. Secondly, you have to promise me that you will not attempt to harm this Pokémon." she shook his head, introduced herself, then hit him with the guidelines for helping her out. If he agrees to her words, then she will allow him to help her.

"If you have a flying-type then follow me." She told him, taking out a Poke Ball and releasing her majestic Dragonair. The Dragon-type lets out a mystical cry as her trainer approaches her, then gives her an affection pat on her head before climbing onto her body. With a quick signal from her trainer, Cream extended her wing-like ears and took flight in the air.

As Airi, Bean, and Cream approached the Swellow, Airi prepared to make an attempt to reason with the flying-type. "Swellow, you cannot build your nest here. It is not safe. Please, allow us to help you find a safe area to build your nest," she spoke out to the Swellow, hoping that it will take her request into consideration.

close tab

played by

King of Cats

He/Him
July 31st
Verdanturf Town
Heterosexual
Mercenary
Grunt
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
48 posts
Kokou Inudai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kokou
Kokou Inudai
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2024 2:03:16 GMT
Kokou Inudai Avatar

When Airi told Kokou that he could help her, he couldn't help but smile. Kokou loved helping women do various tasks. It made him feel good to be useful to the fairer sex. Kokou tossed his PokeBall on the ground and released Tekko the Metagross. Tekk roared loudly and looked around. Usually Tekko was Kokou's ace Pokemon, and he only saw action when Kokou was really putting the beat down on civillians. Tekko looked around, confused, and then grumbled to Kokou. Kokou let out a series of whistles, telling Tekko, "We are helping this woman. Fly me up to that bird." Tekko looked happy to oblige and folded his legs up, then started levitating above the ground using his psychic power.
[break][break]
Following the Pokemon Ranger, Kokou floated up to the power line. He held on tight to Tekko's various metal grooves, making sure not to fall to his death. Kokou followed Airi up to the nest. 
[break][break]
As Airi spoke to the swellow, Kokou did his best to shoot away the Rattata. They were real pests, stealing straw from the drunken Swellow, and Kokou didn't have any problem using force. He drew his gun from his belt loop, it was a snub nosed .38, and shot a round into the air, shouting at the rat Pokemon. The Rattata fled from the utility pole.
[break][break]
Drunk on fermented berries, Swellow ignored Airi. It continued to adjust it's small collection of straw and linen. Until Kokou fired his gun, then the bird turned around and lunged at Airi.

close tab

played by

Aphrodite

Ai
She/Her
Twenty-Five
June 12th
Rustboro City
Heterosexual
Ranger Nurse
Cadet
n/a
Single
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @airi
AIRI WATANABE
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2024 3:39:42 GMT
AIRI WATANABE Avatar

Airi's heart almost jump out of her chest as the sound of a gunshot echoed through her sensitive ears. Her azure eyes immediately glancing over at Kokou and thinking the worst possible incident that could have happened only a few seconds ago. "Hey! Are you crazy! You need to put that gun away before you hurt someone!" She shouted at him, slightly relieved that he did not shoot at a Pokémon, but into the air instead. "I am thankful that you did not harm a Pokémon with that little weapon of yours, but remember everything that goes up must come down," she explained to him, not that she expects him to listen to those words of wisdom.

Airi sighed, then turned her attention back towards the Swellow, who chose to ignore her request. If everything was not bad enough, Kokou would take it upon himself to fire another gunshot in the air. Unfortunately, Airi was not able to scold him for his actions due to the Swellow attempting to attack her. Cream quickly retrieves away from the aggressive flying-type using her agile and graceful movements. The majestic dragon let out a cry warning cry as she locked eyes with the bizarre Swellow. The Swellow puffed out its chest, cawed loudly, and flapped its wings wildly at Airi and her Pokémon. "Cream, calm it down, please." Airi instructed her Pokémon in calm down.

Cream let out another loud and mystical cry, this time the precious blue crystal around her name started to glow a gorgeous light blue hue as she summoned a dark rain cloud over the Swellow's head. Within seconds, a downpour occurred of its head. The Swellow cawed out loud and flapped it wings even harder before slowly calming itself down thanks to the cool water drenching its feathers and soothing sound of the train sounded off inside of its ears. After the bird calm down a bit more, the storm cloud eventually faded away.

"Let's give this another shot... Swellow, we have to find another nesting area for you. The power lines are not a good place to make a nest. It could cause harm to you and your future eggs. There's a forest not too far away from here. Please, allow us to guide you there." Airi spoke out to the rather large bird, hoping that it has a clearer mind and more open to her suggestion.

close tab

played by

King of Cats

He/Him
July 31st
Verdanturf Town
Heterosexual
Mercenary
Grunt
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
48 posts
Kokou Inudai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kokou
Kokou Inudai
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2024 22:25:25 GMT
Kokou Inudai Avatar

After he shooed away the Rattata, Kokou floated on Tekko, closer to Airi. She was much more nimble in the air than Kokou was, so he had to be careful as he was whistling to direct Metagross where to fly. Kokou shouted to Airi, "You're going to have to be more forceful. Wild Pokemon don't understand spoken words, show her you are willing to fight for the spot!" Kokou cheered Airi on.
[break][break]
The Swellow was getting frustrated when Dragonair put a rain spout on her. She squeaked and chirped, then landed directly on the power line. Preening herself, Swellow stood firm that she was going nowhere.
[break][break]
Floating closer to the bird now, Kokou started shouting at it. "Go on! Git!" He said, then pulled a PokeBall from his utility belt and released his Decidueye, Fu. Fu swooped out of the PokeBall and flew right next to Airi. Kokou let out a sharp whistle, commanding Decidueye to attack.
[break][break]
Drawing a feather and aiming, Fu charged up his ghostly powers and then released the arrow. The feather struck the bird and pushed it down towards the ground. The Swellow squaked some more and then the arrow made it's mark. The arrow phased through Swellow and hit the ground, cursing the bird to stay put for as long as Fu commanded it.
[break][break]
"Haha! Got her!" Kokou said to Airi and began flying over to the sidewalk where Swellow was pinned to the ground.

close tab

played by

Aphrodite

Ai
She/Her
Twenty-Five
June 12th
Rustboro City
Heterosexual
Ranger Nurse
Cadet
n/a
Single
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
47 posts
part of
TAG WITH @airi
AIRI WATANABE
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2024 0:40:41 GMT
AIRI WATANABE Avatar

Airi frowned at Kokou's words. The last time she checked did not ask for his advice. In fact, she gave him two simple orders to obey, and he appeared to be having a hard time with following through with them. "Some Wild Pokémon do understand our language. Rushing and showing aggression right away doesn't do anything, but make the matters worst. It is always worth a shot to at least reason with someone before acting out with force," she told him in a stern tone.

Airi sighed, her plan did not seem to be too effective. At first, she thought the shower of rain was enough to snap the Swellow back to its senses, but that does not seem to be the case. Airi keep a watchful eye on the Swellow as she took a few seconds to brainstorm another idea. She rolled her eyes as she watched Kokou attempt to "shoo" the Swellow away. He just told her that Wild Pokémon do not understand human speech, yet he is trying to tell the Swellow to go away. Airi shifted her attention away from the young trainer, then focused them on the majestic owl flying beside her. "Kokou, remember what I said, okay?" She said, hoping to remind him of her request from earlier then though he has disobeyed her words a couple of minutes ago.

Again, her words are in vain. She watched as Kokou's Pokémon attack the Swellow, knocking it down from the air and pinning it down against the ground with its unique powers. "Do you ever listen?!" She shouted at him, if she was closer to her, then she would have twisted his ear or something to express her frustration towards his actions. Luckily, the Decidueye's attack was ghost-type, which meant that it would not deal any serious damage to the Pokémon's body. However, the special effects of the attack still seem to be effective.

Airi signal for Cream to lower them back down to the ground. The Dragonair nodded her head before flying lower towards the ground. Airi carefully jumped down from her partner's back and landed on her feet in a graceful manner. Meanwhile, Bean decided to stay put on Cream's back. "You could have at least warned me about your plan. We are supposed to be working as a team after all." She expressed to him. "Sorry, Swellow. We really need to find another place for you to build your nest. A place that will be a lot better than this place. I am sure that Kokou will be able to free you right away if you promise to follow us," she spoke in a gentle tone, a warm smile curled against her lips. Bean standing on Cream and using his voice to translate the Swellow's words.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven