awards
734 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
Foxxy Shenanigans [Mission w/ Lulu]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2024 6:43:18 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
One of the things that Makoto quickly learned with time, was their love for fox pokemon. Particularly, that of the Zorua family. They were clever creatures - creatures who often had to hide away to survive, and did that very well, oftentimes in plain sight. There was no way for one to know whether the person you were looking at was a human or a pokemon, unless you knew the pokemon well.

But of course, the illusions they weaved to do so didn't come from nowhere. The Zorua or Zoroark had to will that illusion into existence from their own imagination; which whilst vast, required experience and training to get its fullest potential out.

Which was why Makoto was here, in a quiet corner of the training facilities of Rocket HQ. Though they didn't necessarily like being in the submarine - it often leaving them at ill ease - it was the most ideal place for them to practice away from civilian or League eyes. They didn't necessarily like the idea of publicly flaunting their illusionist foxes - it felt like something akin to a magician revealing his tricks.

A number of their pokemon - Tsume, Kuro, Shiro, and Yukine - are all present. Shiro and Yukine, being the newer ones, are the students here - whilst Tsume and Kuro demonstrate a few different illusions to them.

Makoto, too, is a part of the lessons. "We don't take appearances from just one person. If someone recognizes that person, it can lead to situations where one has to improvise heavily, which can be... Awkward, to say the least." They explain - particularly to Yukine, as the newest one. "So, we blend together different features, to make a new person up entirely. A nobody that can be fit into whatever role we need."

Though, even if they had made a point to look for a quieter part of the facility... Perhaps their work would draw a certain someone's attention?
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,682 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2024 4:41:06 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango lulu"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
”get out of there, now!”[break][break]

following orders, the head scientist’s revavroom sped through an opening as a cyclizar circled it. their battle had been neck-and-neck, but the final punch was on its way.[break][break]

with a u-turn, it sped back, shifting gears before spinning out into its opponent to send it flying to the floor.[break][break]

when the battle was over, they were quick to leave the grunt and their fainted cyclizar behind. there was someone else who’d entered the facility and captured her attention.[break][break]

she approached, joined by the floating multi-cyl pokemon.[break][break]

?”

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".lulu"] --accent:#7C6678!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; overflow:hidden;} .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
Fox tails hidden under wedding dresses
awards
734 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2024 22:12:10 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
It takes them a bit by surprise, when Makoto hears a voice. They jump a hair, before turning to see Lulu and her accompanying Revavroom. There is some recognition here - though they did not know Lulu as infamously as say, Cillian, or as personally as Howard or Temp. "Yes," They respond - nodding.

What had drawn the scientist's attention?

Yukine's curiosity, however, is piqued by the newcomer. As if to try and practice, there is a strange shimmer - a morphing - as the little Zorua attempts to shape an Illusion from Lulu's appearance!
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,682 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2024 5:39:37 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

it was such a plain response that she struggled to discern whether there was any recognition.[break][break]

”my name is lulu flint,” she said after a beat. ”i’m aware you’re part of former head scientist ’s team nebula.”[break][break]

”and that you are now in possession of deoxys.”[break][break]

her gaze flitted to the illusion of herself that the zorua attempted. she was reminded of zoroarks at the star soiree years ago, playing the roles of many young s.[break][break]

it went unmentioned, though her revavroom hovered closer, intrigued by the masquerade. lulu’s gaze returned to makoto.[break][break]

”i’m curious how it’s doing.”[break][break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; overflow:hidden;} .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
734 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2024 4:59:43 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
Makoto does take a second to respond, beyond a nod to Lulu's assessment of them - mulling over Lulu's inquiry as their gaze turns to Yukine to see what he was doing.

The Zorua in question appears to be attempting to mimic Lulu's demeanor - crossing his arms in a stoic but calm fashion, expression matching as he watched the approaching Revavroom. It seemed to be his way of familiarizing himself with other people, Makoto had found - learning through trying to copy others.

But, it isn't much longer than that glance before Makoto does give a response. "Deoxys - Erebus - is well. I'm still familiarizing myself with it - but we've gotten along thus far." Even if things like 'friendship' probably wasn't priority in Rocket, it was also likely that they'd prefer knowing that Erebus wasn't ripping their face off, over the possibility of it being hostile to them.

"Were you interested in meeting Erebus?" They asked. "I only have my Zorua and Zoroark with me at the moment, as I was training with them."
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,682 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2024 13:28:46 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]the zorua's copying act went mostly ignored, though she found it impossible to keep from glancing briefly as she saw it too accurately mimic her body language. her varoom hovered to circle around the fox, inspecting lulu's doppelganger from all sides.[break][break]

”that’s good to hear.”[break][break]

to have ‘gotten along’ with deoxys was much better than she’d managed herself, but lulu had always suspected the creature’s hostility to have much to do with her bitter rivalry with its former avatar.[break][break]

”we’ve met, actually. its first contact with its old avatar, killian decker, took place in my own laboratory.”[break][break]

it had been a few years since then, though she’d struggled against it a few times during its stay on the ground.[break][break]

”did rose happen to fill you in about plans for a space mission before he left?”[break][break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
734 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2024 1:37:32 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
At the mention of a laboratory, Makoto blinks a second, but nods in understanding. Erebus was iffy about being in the scientific parts of HQ, to put it simply; though they never did pry into why the Deoxys felt that way. Did something like that 'first contact' have anything to do with it?

Well, in any case, the mention of a space mission was a curious one - and they'd shake their head. "No, he hadn't." At least not directly. Who knew what might gleam, from the files that had left behind for Nebula?

There was no telling, at least not until Howard combed through every 1 and 0 of it. What would a space mission look like, though - and what could it have to do with Erebus, if anything? "Might I ask about the plans - assuming he shared them with you?"
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,682 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2024 23:33:53 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]“team rocket has conducted a handful of space missions over the last couple of years. during the most recent, our ship was almost destroyed near the moon by a cresselia, before it escaped.”[break][break]

it had been her most dangerous mission to date, the memory still rattling when she found herself among the stars again in her daydreams.[break][break]

flight was already long overdue.[break][break]

“when planning for our next mission, i knew i’d need better firepower, so i approached rose to ask about deoxys.” a pause, before she corrected, ”erebus.”[break][break]

”it’s an extraterrestrial psychic-type. given a dark tera shard, i believe it would do very well against cresselia in space.”[break][break]

although, the thought of being in a spaceship together with the deoxys that had tried to kill her was nearly as nervewracking as the threat she knew awaited them beyond the mesosphere.[break][break]

”rose had agreed to go on the mission, and bring it along – but he’s gone now.”[break][break]

an implied question hung in the air, not yet asked. she eyed makoto for a moment, as though still deciding something about them.[break][break]

”battle me.”[break][break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
734 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2024 0:02:04 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
As Lulu explains the overall plan, Makoto nods along a little - it all sounds solid. "I'm not in possession of any Dark Tera Shards at the moment..." They soon respond honestly; and really, to find one would likely take time. It wasn't the easiest to just break one off of the larger crystals, after all - and you had to find the right typing in the first place.

"... But I'll come with," They concluded, not about to question or go against their senior.

But that being said, the notion of going to space - this time for real, rather than in a simulation like during the Trinity Trials or RKS simulation - was equal parts fascinating and unnerving. Would it feel the same as here, in the HQ? Or when they were left drifting in a derelict spaceship alongside ? That closed-in sensation?

They didn't want to think too hard on it. It was unlikely that Cresselia would be on the same scale as that eldritch-divine hand that came down upon them in the RKS sim anyhow, right?

Mulling it over, they almost miss Lulu's demand(?) for a fight - causing them to blink. "... With my Zorua and Zoroark?" Makoto asks after a moment, somewhat unsure. Sure, the more experienced ones knew how to fight - but that wasn't really the niche for the illusionary foxes. "Or with Erebus?" That made a bit more sense, at least to them - but who knew what Lulu wanted exactly?
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,682 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2024 0:59:41 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]”i’m sure we can fix that.”[break][break]

after all, team rocket had taken over many of the tera tunnels beneath hoenn with operations like project tower, claiming much of the crystal’s garden for their own.[break][break]

makoto accepted a question not yet asked, but it made lulu smirk nonetheless.[break][break]

”wonderful.”[break][break]

she’d meant to test their skills first, but that could still be done. her varoom needed more training for the day. two birds, one stone.[break][break]

”with your zorua and zoroark, why not. we can bother erebus another time. we have weeks to prepare.”[break][break]

she plucked a pokeball from her pocket, the orb still small in her fingers.[break][break]

”what do you say? two on two?”[break][break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
734 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2024 4:14:17 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
Two on two, then? Makoto nodded a bit - though they did briefly wonder what, exactly, Lulu's other pokemon of choice would be. Glancing to the foxes at their side though...

... They'd gesture forward Tsume - the one Unovan Zoroark that stood out amongst the group stepping forth. It was clear that he was old - hints of greying in his fur - but despite age, he was still plenty able as a fighter.

Of the Zorua, it took a second for Makoto to consider, until... "... Come on out. You should get some practice, too."

It became clear who their words were directed towards, when Kuro emerged from Makoto's shadow. It was distinctive with its shiny colorations and Illumina markings across its fur. The ghostly kit was visibly shy and timid - but taking in a deep breath, it'd step forth to join Tsume's side. Of the three Zorua, Kuro had the most capability - even if it preferred a more passive approach, typically.

"I'll go with these two."
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,682 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2024 3:38:01 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]the zorua’s mutation was easy enough to identify with its markings. ”an illumina pokemon.” she eyed it with interest, not having seen one of its species before. ”let’s see what it can do.”[break][break]

she walked to the other side of the practice ring, where she turned again to face makoto and their pokemon. the ball in her hand expanded and cracked open, releasing a minior, its core a bright and beautiful blue hue.[break][break]

perhaps deceptively, it seemed to smile as it spun idly in the air, awaiting command.[break][break]

”your move, makoto – unless you'd prefer us to go first.”[break][break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
734 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 18:41:27 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
A Minior? Makoto hummed a bit thoughtfully as they regarded the floating meteor. Really, there had been things they'd wondered about more space-faring pokemon like Minior, and their relationships or similarities to Deoxys like Erebus. Perhaps it was something they could ask one of the other more intelligent Rockets about...

... But, that was getting off track. Instead, as Lulu gave them the first move, Makoto would direct their pokemon. "Daze. Jealousy."

Tsume was the first to act at their command - letting loose an inky-black shockwave as he used Night Daze! However, rather than use it to damage, it was instead used to obscure - to provide cover...

... So that Kuro could try to come in close, and breathe out a ruby gout of Burning Jealousy at the Revavroom!
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,682 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2024 20:12:27 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]”foxes are so clever.”[break][break]

lulu had many of her own in the form of alakazam, though despite her fondness for dark-types, she kept not a single zoroark.[break][break]

the revavroom’s steel burned red, weakening under the heat of kuro's burning jealousy.[break][break]

”sludge, while it’s close!” lulu called out, and toxic purple filth spewed steaming from hot metal pipes at the hisuian zorua.[break][break]

meanwhile, the minior stayed back as the zoroark did, taking the moment to autotomize.[break][break]
[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
734 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2024 23:50:26 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
As Lulu speaks, Makoto can't help but nod in agreement. "I admire them, honestly..."

This close up, there isn't much that Kuro can do to avoid the incoming Sludge. It yelps as its deluged - sent skittering away a short distance as it tries to shake the poison from its fur. However, the little Zorua doesn't remain idle - letting loose another Burning Jealousy at the steel-type..!

Tsume, meanwhile, glanced to the blue Minior. The Zoroark could see what it was trying to do - and with a 'tch', would begin to bark some less than kind words at the rock-type in a Taunt! Really, was it going to leave this fight a two-on-one, or did it have some actual spine for a fight?!
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP