ghostfinch

she/he/they
march 11
fallarbor
pansexual
grunt
5'6 height
5'6 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
197 posts
part of
TAG WITH @clover
clover matamata
ULTRA PLANT: HC #2
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2024 18:08:41 GMT
clover matamata Avatar
18 recover notes from disintegrated megalopolan remains that suggest no other pokemon apart from ultra beasts resided here.
30 hear haunting human-like or pokemon-like screams within the electrical currents of this world.
33 discover fulgurite, natural tubes or crusts of glass formed by the fusion of silica (quartz) sand or rock from a lightning strike. these stones act similarly to thunder stones.
35 allow a stakataka or xurkitree that you own to guide you safely through the realm, or have them encounter previous members of their kind that believe it to have betrayed them.
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/he/they
march 11
fallarbor
pansexual
grunt
5'6 height
5'6 height
awards
197 posts
part of
TAG WITH @clover
clover matamata
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2024 18:16:47 GMT
clover matamata Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cloverbody"]

Ultra Beasts didn't belong in their world... anomalies... "So, how are they here?" This world isn't meant for you or me, so the life left behind is a mockery. How could that be true? Earth Mother created their world with the help of Her Sisters. She sat at his prompting, making herself comfortable on a rock. They were completely invested in this, now. They'd gotten the impression that Howard was shooting straight with them so far. [break][break]

And the Stakataka had barely looked like a pokemon at all. She felt a twinge of homesickness as she prepared to listen to the story. Her entire life had been listening to stories from her community members to learn how the world was created and how to walk through life as a Hoyeon. This was yet another learning opportunity.

notes

[GoogleFont=Open Sans:400,700|Ubuntu:400,700]
[newclass=.crushbody]width:550px;background-color:#705eb2;font-family:open sans;font-size:8.5pt;color:#ccc;text-align:justify;border:#222 solid 1px;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cloverbody b, .crushbody i]color:#a189c4;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cloverbody a]font-family:ubuntu;font-weight:bold;color:#eee;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cloverbody h1]font-family:ubuntu;font-weight:bold;font-size:14pt;color:#a189c4;text-align:right;border-bottom:#a189c4 solid 1px;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 20px 0px 10px 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,074 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2024 6:49:45 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"This world should not exist."

There was no other way than to describe Ultra Plant than with that single sentence. It explained every other world in Ultra Space as well. Alternate worlds that had been consigned to humanity's scrap heap when they had failed for one reason or another. Whether it was due to the Megalopolans or DRK Triad meddling, this world had lost its purpose.

It was a world that had lost its ideals, and Howard and Clover were simply scurrying over the blackened bones of this dead world.

"But it does. This Stakataka remains, whether as some natural evolution to this world's environment or due to being tossed here like worthless dross." There was no Earth Mother here. A shuffling of papers appeared as Howard pulled out some scribbled notes from a prior journey here. "It's why I'm here with you. Nothing else should exist here, but they're dangerous."

"This world is the remnant of a war. There is something here that I once sought, but it eluded me."

FIND NOTES ULTRA BEASTS AREN'T REAL

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/he/they
march 11
fallarbor
pansexual
grunt
5'6 height
5'6 height
awards
197 posts
part of
TAG WITH @clover
clover matamata
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2024 15:15:42 GMT
clover matamata Avatar
[nospaces]

He sounded so sure. But it didn't sound possible. Still, the odd weather in the horizon and the rare pokemon left them inclined to believe that there was something wrong with the area... but could its existence itself be the anomaly? [break][break]

There is something here that I once sought... She hummed thoughtfully. "Like a bigger Stakataka?" Maybe there was like an alpha out here. She wasn't sure there was much else, though she saw something spindly in the distance with a spiky-electric head, and she had little interest in seeing that thing. She poked at the dirt by her feet, curious to see how different it was from that that filled the outside world. [break][break]

A small shard embedded itself in her finger. She flinched, investigated, and saw that it was like glass. But it was unnaturally warm and filled with energy not unlike an evolution stone. "This place is weird, but what could have made it, like, accessible? Are we actually entering another world when we step through the rift?" How was this not blasted on the news every night? It sounded so impossible, she wasn't sure why every scientist wasn't working on it day and night.

notes

33 discover fulgurite, natural tubes or crusts of glass formed by the fusion of silica (quartz) sand or rock from a lightning strike. these stones act similarly to thunder stones.

[newclass=.crushbody]width:550px;background-color:#705eb2;font-family:open sans;font-size:8.5pt;color:#ccc;text-align:justify;border:#222 solid 1px;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cloverbody a]font-family:ubuntu;font-weight:bold;color:#eee;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cloverbody h1]font-family:ubuntu;font-weight:bold;font-size:14pt;color:#a189c4;text-align:right;border-bottom:#a189c4 solid 1px;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 20px 0px 10px 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,074 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2024 17:47:07 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
No, not a Stakataka. Something bigger, before she had taken it and ruined everything.

Yet that story wasn't relevant. It wasn't here. It had been caught, stuffed into a Pokeball, and returned to the world it had been born in. There was no use crying over spilled milk. He'd cross that road when he came to it, and it wouldn't be with Clover.

He was just a guide for the kid, nothing more.

That, and a storyteller.

"Yeah, something like that. A really big Stakataka." No need for them to know the truth. They'd never see it again. "A few years back, rifts opened everywhere around the region. It's a byproduct of when the Ultra Beasts invaded our world."

A gross oversimplification, but it was better than telling a seventeen year old that reality was ending.

"But I'm not a scientist. This is another world but how it works is... funky. I don't know all the specifics. Not my field."

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/he/they
march 11
fallarbor
pansexual
grunt
5'6 height
5'6 height
awards
197 posts
part of
TAG WITH @clover
clover matamata
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2024 17:52:26 GMT
clover matamata Avatar
[nospaces]

Clover really wanted to see a mega-giant stakataka. When Howard finished, she rose to her feet and dusted herself off. "Well, what are we waiting for? We should put your field to work, and maybe your Stakataka too, if it likes to sightsee. Your thing is fossils, yeah? What kinds do you think we can find here?" They really wanted to explore the area and see what was going on. Since the storm on the horizon wasn't at them yet, there was still some time to take advantage of the odd, unbelonging world. [break][break]

Archen cawed in support of the idea. "I could always use a friend for him, if there are little, um, feather fossils? Around?" They rubbed at his head, which the bird cooed at. "My dad likes fossils and stuff, got me into rocks. He also helped me with this lost little Archen. We found some remnants of his fossil in Fallarbor, but we don't know who actually revived him." And who could abandon such a cute face?

notes

Clover forgot Archen came from a plume fossil.

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,074 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2024 20:22:02 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Cute was subjective, but Howard agreed. Clover's Archen was the cutest boy in the whole wide world, even if his species was fundamentally defeatist in nature. The admin's eye sparkled as he regarded the prehistoric Pokémon.

Cute little fella.

"I'm sure we can find your Archen a friend. I can likely get you one." had a fossil restoration machine in his manse, somewhere. If the admin groveled enough and supplied something worthful, maybe the underboss would let him revive something in it. Otherwise, it was back to Rustboro to do it himself.

He really didn't want to do it himself.

"Fallarbor has a lot of fossil freaks. Big community out there. Doesn't surprise me, given all they can do is farm or look up at the stars." Nothing better to do than mark time by the stars and mark the passage in the earth. "We'll see what we can find here."

Behind the admin, his Stakataka roused itself from the wall it disguised itself as. It gave Clover's Archen a side-glance, before the individual bricks began to roll towards the exit.

"Much of the life here was electrified and turned into ash." A distant moan emerged from an electrical current and Howard trembled. "I doubt we'll find much that explains what happened here. We'll learn what this world was like, though."

Likely eerily similar to their own.

GET LEAD BY STAKATAKA
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/he/they
march 11
fallarbor
pansexual
grunt
5'6 height
5'6 height
awards
197 posts
part of
TAG WITH @clover
clover matamata
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2024 21:03:25 GMT
clover matamata Avatar
[nospaces]

He claps his hands together excitedly at the prospect of getting a buddy. "If you get one, we can match." They weren't sure about fossil freaks, but there was a bit of excitement in his hometown about fossils. Under Earth Mother, deriving pokemon from fossils was surely one of Her gifts for them. [break][break]

"Let's learn, then," she responded eagerly, hands on her hips as she let the Stakataka pass her. She walked in line behind it, keeping her eyes on it in case it tipped backwards. Being smushed by one would be less than ideal. "If we're quick, we can avoid that thunder storm or whatever that keeps inching forward." It loomed in the distance, promising trouble.

notes

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,074 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2024 23:16:30 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Let's learn, then." He echoed the youths words with increasing excitement. "If we're quick, we can bring back some good specimens."

Archaeology was not a quick process. It was the act of ripping imprints of life from the earth and ensuring that it did not get forgotten over the course of millennia. Such a hobby required patience, a deftness of hand, and a gentleness that few possessed. When dealing with rocks thousands of times older than the average human, it was easy to act hardhanded.

Such hardhandedness resulted in the loss of valuable artifacts, and such pieces could never be replaced.

Near the power plant, they found a large cliff of earth where layers of rock bent and crushed each other under their own monumental bulk. It was good to be out of the building, where the electricity whispered in the guise of human tongues.

"I have an Archen, actually. I'll show you her next time." The admin whistled as he inspected the wall. "Let's get to work."

THE LIGHTNING TALKS TO MEEEEEEEEE
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/he/they
march 11
fallarbor
pansexual
grunt
5'6 height
5'6 height
awards
197 posts
part of
TAG WITH @clover
clover matamata
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2024 23:31:36 GMT
clover matamata Avatar
[nospaces]

They had pep in their step as they walked along the wall. "Yeah? My Archen and yours can become besties." She was eager to give her pokemon some playdates. Her trusty companion was the culmination of her love of flying types and her inherent affinity for more grounded pokemon. [break][break]

"Okay," she said as she squared herself with the wall, "is rock slide going to be too dangerous for opening the wall up a bit?" They had less equipment than an average archaeologist site might have, but they had more pokemon. She wished she had more burrowers on her team.

notes

my archen tryna smash

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,074 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2024 23:37:14 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
He looked at Clover like they were asking if getting stabbed hurt.

"Yes. You'll bring the whole damn wall down." Howard rolled his eye and began inspecting it. "Be gentle. In terms of archaeology, stone is indistinguishable from glass. Both are equally fragile in our eyes."

Besides, he didn't trust an Archen to do this work. They were, put simply, birdbrains. The bird would have to help by breaking large rocks that were safe to break.

"You're gonna strike the wall here, here, and here..." His voice trailed off as they began their work in earnest. As they tapped at the wall, a storm began to brew, and something shifted within.

The shard of a legacy.

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP