June 11
Saffron City
Heterosexual
Info Broker
Grunt
me, myself, & i
5'7 height
5'7 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
21 posts
ceres DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceres
ceres
Poking In, Poking Out
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 5:20:29 GMT
ceres Avatar
"It's difficult, maybe even absurdity, but Rocket's done it before, in Kanto." Kanto was different, though. It didn't have beings thought to be Gods intervening and freaks from different dimensions. Maybe he had a point. Approaching anything in Hoenn like Kanto... maybe that'd been Silas' folly. 
Howard's question, while simple, peels at her ego uncomfortably. She was weak. It was a fact she'd known since her youth.

Weak-willed, weak-bodied, weak-hearted, weak. It saturated her insides like a second skin she couldn't remove; yet another fact she despised of herself. Thankfully, in her years, she'd grown adept at playing the role of someone strong. As long as others perceived her as such, or at least as weaker than herself, what she actually was didn't matter.

While she could easily lie and keep that guise going that she wasn't just as cowardly or simpering as a common grunt, Ceres spoke truthfully.

"I'm smart." She retorts without hesitation. "While strength wins the war, the smart commands the victors." 

"What about you? Excuse me for making assumptions, but you don't seem like the type who enjoys going in, guns blazing and bodies falling." For even someone as weak as herself, no, she wasn't intimidated by any prowess Howard may have possessed. Call it foolish arrogance that somehow existed in her anxious mess of a mind, but, he didn't necessarily seem 'strong' to her. 
No, he seemed 'smart' too. And that was what made him a threat in her eyes. 

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,073 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Poking In, Poking Out
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 7:30:00 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
In his experiences with archaeology, assumptions were often somewhat correct. With people, less so. He wondered why that was. As flesh decayed and left only bone and stone, did the deceptive nature of humanity erode until only the truth remained? A skeleton could not lie.

Ceres could.

"We do what is expected of our rank. If I am ordered to level a city, then it will fall. There's little that I can do personally, but if I am dispatched, I will go where I am commanded. You will as well, if you are called." She would be. It didn't matter how weak she was, the call would be answered. "And you will hate every moment of it."

Howard certainly had, when he had been called to wage war near Dewford on an island that no longer existed. Regice had sustained it, and Regice had been seized by him. With it, he was now tied further to their cause.

Their drinks arrived. The admin closed his eye and took a sip, before looking at Ceres.

"If you're smart, Ceres..." He took another sip.

"...why are you here?"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven