littleroot
bisexual
bar owner, drug manufacturer
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
A World Away, A Dream Dismay
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2024 18:23:33 GMT
Absinthe Blackwood Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","absinthe"]
[attr="class","body"]

absinthe mulls the information over in her head. she's no physicist, but she's certainly taken more than a few classes pertaining to the subject in university. quantum weirdness can often only be explained under the guise that quantum states may diverge into an infinite number of worlds and superimpose upon each other until they are measured. an oft difficult concept to wrap one's mind around.[break][break]

absinthe crosses her arms over her chest. "not really," she returns. "theories about these things have existed for millennia. the time we have been born in gives us a chance to confirm them."[break][break]

she glances at the ice golem once more, and she tilts her head to the side.[break][break]

"have you asked its sibling?" absinthe wonders aloud. "can they speak to one another?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- n/a

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".absinthe"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,074 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2024 7:19:32 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I doubt it. Besides, we can't speak its language." He gestured at the alien pattern flashing on the golem's face. They were random, indescribable, alien. A form of braille communicated through seven static dots beeping in an infinite number of sequences. "I've been working on it for a hot minute. I'm pretty close to figuring it out."

It was an interesting puzzle, to be fair. How long had it been since he struggled with an ancient language? Besides Draconid's strange varieties, the golem's method of communication eluded him.

Oddly, it didn't upset him. It was exciting to struggle over a problem and slowly piece together a solution.

"But you're not wrong. We live in an era of gods and heroes. May as well get the most of it. We're living through history, Absinthe." Howard's eye flashed with excitement. "Sometimes, I feel fortunate that we live in such an age. Other times..."

He shuddered as he walked past her to start climbing back up towards the shrine.

"Less so."

close tab

played by

sunny.html

abby, lady taipan
she/her
31 years old
November 3rd
littleroot
bisexual
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2024 18:42:24 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

absinthe follows his gesture to the face of the golem, the only chance he has of understanding it. like morse code, or braille. an entirely new form of communication unique to the ones that came before. absinthe's eyes narrow.[break][break]

"the multiple worlds view of quantum mechanics theorizes that each new universe is the product of infinite variables shifted in the tiniest amounts," absinthe murmurs as she turns to follow howard back to the shrine. "like how shifting the alphabet by even one letter can turn a message into nonsense."[break][break]

she sets her eyes squarely on the shrine's silhouette in the distance. "and every cipher has a key."[break][break]

the chemist leaves it at that, falling into silence shortly thereafter. she instead focuses on how every sound throughout the cave echoes back until the sound grows weak enough to die, to fade into nothing. it is the fate of most humans, kept in remembrance for a generation or two before being thought of for the last time. howard strikes absinthe as the kind of man to be immortalized in history books. she wonders if he cares what side of history he will be on.[break][break]

"and history is watching you," absinthe chimes in. "for the future's sake, i hope you are able to kill a god."[break][break]

hope. a fickle word. naive, even. nonetheless, absinthe hopes.

[break][break]

NOTES

- n/a

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".absinthe b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,074 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2024 9:21:09 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Every cipher had a key. If the key was lost, they could simply forge another. If that was the case, could Absinthe ever reforge her idea of hope? That wonderful, childish emotion that made miserable times worth bearing with? Was such a thing even possible?

That was for her to decide.

Yesterday. Tomorrow. There had once been a time where Howard had studied yesterday in order for others to save tomorrow, but that did not matter anymore. Little did. Other people did little to salvage tomorrow, in spite of the admin's hope that humanity would band together.

Pessimism told him that they would only do so when it was too late. Hope told him that they would still find a way to succeed.

They would preserve today, and it would be hell glorious.

"Thanks, Absinthe." He said from the top of the bank. He didn't turn for a moment, if only to wipe his face of any undesired emotion. "It means a lot, even if that hopeful nature doesn't suit you."

He turned to offer her a hand up.

"Now come on."

close tab

played by

sunny.html

abby, lady taipan
she/her
31 years old
November 3rd
littleroot
bisexual
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2024 21:14:02 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

absinthe looks up at howard from where she stands beneath him, his back turned to her, his expression a mystery. absinthe scoffs at his words.[break][break]

"don't make me take it back, howard," absinthe murmurs as she takes his hand in hers. "i think it suits me plenty."[break][break]

her sarcasm is palpable as she uses his hand as leverage to pull herself back up to the bank. hope has never suited her. she is a consummate pessimist, too stoic for her own good, sometimes even apathetic on matters of the future. absinthe and hope are like oil and water. but there is nothing else for her to do. she imagines howard has prepared as much as he can for the task left ahead of him. when preparations are finished, plans have been made, and all logic has been exhausted, the only thing a person can do is hope.[break][break]

so howard better damn well kill a god. absinthe doesn't like betting on losing horses.

[break][break]

NOTES

- n/a

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,631 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2024 4:46:37 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven