ghostfinch

she/he/they
march 11
fallarbor
pansexual
grunt
5'6 height
5'6 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
197 posts
part of
TAG WITH @clover
clover matamata
salt of the earth [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2024 22:12:05 GMT
clover matamata Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cloverbody"]

She'd gotten some subtle discouragement from meeting with Mr. Cillian from the people she'd spoken to for directions. She'd received suspicious reactions upon explaining she had a gift. Then, suspicion made way to pleasant surprise when she identified the gift. [break][break]

Apparently, shadow pokemon were good gifts. [break][break]

The shadow Flygon floated above their shoulder as they knocked on the door. "Mr. Cillian?" She tried to think of a good introduction for herself. A sliver of doubt made its way through her mind, that maybe this was a little forward, but after talking about Rocket's projects with , they wanted to meet as many people as they could to improve their odds of getting involved in anything related to the Protectors.[break][break]

Plus, her fellow Hoyeon recommended he get on Cillian's good side, so he must be a good contact.

notes

recruitment: act ii |

[GoogleFont=Open Sans:400,700|Ubuntu:400,700]
[newclass=.crushbody]width:550px;background-color:#705eb2;font-family:open sans;font-size:8.5pt;color:#ccc;text-align:justify;border:#222 solid 1px;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cloverbody b, .crushbody i]color:#a189c4;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cloverbody a]font-family:ubuntu;font-weight:bold;color:#eee;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cloverbody h1]font-family:ubuntu;font-weight:bold;font-size:14pt;color:#a189c4;text-align:right;border-bottom:#a189c4 solid 1px;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 20px 0px 10px 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
I want corruption, I think I'm the devil in disguise.
awards
8,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
salt of the earth [m]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2024 12:41:07 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian doesn't appreciate spontaneous meetings, especially on such a tight schedule. Ellis has turned away all but the most determined of visitors, citing the importance of the underbosses time.[break][break]

His secretary would've done the same to , had she not uttered the magic words.[break][break]

Shadow Pokémon.[break][break]

His eyes glow in the low light of his office as Cillian opens the door. Shadows surround him, curling like snakes around his limbs. Umbral claws swipe hair from his eyes, that he might get a better look not at Clover, but at the beautiful specimen that floats behind her.[break][break]

The gleam in his eye could be described as frightening in its intensity.[break][break]

His attention shifts to her.[break][break]

"Hello." There is an unusual warmth to his deep voice. It thrums with barely contained excitement. "I'm told you have something for me."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/he/they
march 11
fallarbor
pansexual
grunt
5'6 height
5'6 height
awards
197 posts
part of
TAG WITH @clover
clover matamata
salt of the earth [m]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2024 13:45:48 GMT
clover matamata Avatar
[nospaces]

Whatever she expects, it isn't this. Cillian's reputation does his stature and his shadow no justice, really, and she admittedly gapes at him. Their breath is caught at the base of their throat for a long moment. Then, quietly, "Oh, Mother, you are so freakin' cool." Who knew Earth Mother let people hold onto shadows like pokemon. [break][break]

She has the sense to sidestep just so the Flygon and hover closer to him. The shadows they're both bathed in move as if its darkness has a mind of its own. They can't imagine what that it feels like to have it be a part of themselves. [break][break]

"Um, Mr. Tempest said you would appreciate this kind of thing. I happened to just find it... and it doesn't seem to like me." So you might as well try to make use of the stubborn thing.

notes

[newclass=.crushbody]width:550px;background-color:#705eb2;font-family:open sans;font-size:8.5pt;color:#ccc;text-align:justify;border:#222 solid 1px;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cloverbody a]font-family:ubuntu;font-weight:bold;color:#eee;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cloverbody h1]font-family:ubuntu;font-weight:bold;font-size:14pt;color:#a189c4;text-align:right;border-bottom:#a189c4 solid 1px;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 20px 0px 10px 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
salt of the earth [m]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2024 9:33:15 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Accustomed to inspiring either fear or disgust in others, the open awe displayed by Clover is both unexpected and, he has to admit, a little wholesome. His lip twitches.[break][break]

Mother is registered; it's the same way Temp sometimes swears beneath his breath.[break][break]

"You're Hoyeon." His brows arch in surprise. They're small in number and he's sure he knows all of those from Pacifidlog, the amount of times he's visited with Temp. They've always treated him like part of the family, inspiring a warmth and respect he had trouble expressing.[break][break]

Then she mentions Temp by name, and Cillian supposes he shouldn't be surprised.[break][break]

"He's right." It's followed by a soft laugh, and Cillian stepping out of the office to close the door behind him. "Shadows rarely like anything, so I wouldn't take it personally."[break][break]

They do tend to like him, though, and he approaches the Flygon without fear and with an evident fascination. Recognizing subtle biological differences, he asks, "Does he have a name?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/he/they
march 11
fallarbor
pansexual
grunt
5'6 height
5'6 height
awards
197 posts
part of
TAG WITH @clover
clover matamata
salt of the earth [m]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2024 21:55:28 GMT
clover matamata Avatar
[nospaces]

You're Hoyeon. Clover grins. "That's right. Earth sect, so I am cooler and more right than Mr. Tempest is, in case you're keeping track." It comes easily. For as terrifying as he should've been, she feels warmed by his understanding of her heritage. [break][break]

And it's good shadows don't tend to like anything, since Clover prides himself on being pretty damn likable. At least it was the shadow Flygon's own issue. "No name! But I don't think this fella would've responded to my calling them anyhow." Then, as curiosity's won the battle against politeness, they gesture to Cillian's whole body. "You, uh, do the shadow thing just like they do?" [break][break]

Clover's a smidge bitter as the Flygon nudges at Cillian with an adoration it would've never sent her way.

notes

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
salt of the earth [m]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 5:43:50 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"I'm afraid I must disagree on principle." There's a glimmer of amusement in his gaze, suggesting he's not actually offended as he follows up with, "That's my husband whose honour you're insulting."
[break][break]
Upon being questioned about his abilities, Cillian doesn't answer with words. Instead, the MIASMA that drifts in subtle orbit around him seems to suddenly solidify, stretching into the tendrils of a SHADOW HOLD that reaches for air rather than any target.
[break][break]
Lifting a hand, Cillian demonstrates the slow spread of darkness over his skin as his aura manifests into wicked black claws. They look as smoky and ethereal as the miasma.
[break][break]
He doesn't demonstrate their sharpness. Thankfully.
[break][break]
Instead, he retracts the aura before scratching the Flygon beneath its chin, its own fondness reflected silently in the eyes of the underboss. It was a blessing to be so beloved to these creatures of hatred.
[break][break]
"Where did you find him?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/he/they
march 11
fallarbor
pansexual
grunt
5'6 height
5'6 height
awards
197 posts
part of
TAG WITH @clover
clover matamata
salt of the earth [m]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2024 17:52:05 GMT
clover matamata Avatar
[nospaces]

Husband? Tempest didn't share that information! "He might be the coolest of them," she partially concedes, "but if you stick with me, I think you'll see that we do things better. I bet he'll come around." Clover jabbed a thumb at their chest for emphasis. Clover was raised to communicate through food, but they also had a penchant for burning things, so they needed to brush up on some skills before trying to out-do Tempest. [break][break]

Clover's jaw drops at the shadow display, the way it curls around him so naturally despite its supernatural nature. Clover can't decide if the miasma has a mind of its own or if it's more of an extension of Cillian's will, but it's badass all the same. "Damn, can you teach me to do that?" They look between the Flygon and its new master with renewed inspiration, unaware of how impossible the ask is. [break][break]

"It might be more accurate to say it found me. I was leaving the Safari Zone when it struck. Took Archen a lotta effort to subdue it." Clover had thought the shadows were some secret move they'd never seen before, but when it had fainted, it was still surrounded by the odd effect.

notes

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
salt of the earth [m]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2024 1:42:31 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

A light laugh follows their words. "I'll hold you to that."[break][break]

There's no way anyone could convince him that his husband's not the best of them, but she's more than welcome to try.[break][break]

He's forced to disappoint them when they ask after his power.[break][break]

"I'm afraid Lugia's blessing is not mine to share."[break][break]

He states it lightly, diplomatically, but conceals the jealousy at its heart. I wouldn't want to share it. This power was his. He had been chosen. She had deemed him worthy, and would it not dilute that worth to select another?[break][break]

He looks shocked as he processes Clover's next words.[break][break]

"Wait, you managed to bring down a Shadow with an Archen?" As an expert in Shadows and fossils both, he was uniquely positioned to understand the difficulty of such a feat. Archen were infamously DEFEATIST, weakening considerably when wounded. Shadows were vicious, relentless creatures. "Is the Archen all right?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/he/they
march 11
fallarbor
pansexual
grunt
5'6 height
5'6 height
awards
197 posts
part of
TAG WITH @clover
clover matamata
salt of the earth [m]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2024 18:54:27 GMT
clover matamata Avatar
[nospaces]

Clover deflated a little at the rejection. He didn't know anyone else who had the capacity to control shadows like Cillian, but maybe there were other patrons that could, and they didn't know it yet. He'd have to ponder it more. "Archen's okay... but I guess I should share credit with my Oricorio. She kept the thing confused long enough for Archen to get in some good blows." Clover's smile faltered again as they rolled up their short shirt sleeve to reveal a bandage on their shoulder. [break][break]

"It got me pretty good with its claw." But, hey, it'd been subdued! A victory, even if it wasn't seamless. "It put up a lotta fight, just like the Shard in the Desert [Regieleki]. Mr. Howard's Stakataka team kept us from, like, getting electrocuted." Seeing it up close had only inspired her further to pursue the Guardians to protect Hoenn after all of the unnatural disasters that plagued it. had protected them from the Ultra Desert threat, but now she needed to do everything in her power to protect themselves in the face of another Guardian. Fangs was the logical next target.[break][break]

They shook their head to clear the thought. "In any case, I'm glad it's your problem." She crossed her arms, assessing him openly. "I know you've already been brought into the fold-" emphasized with wiggling fingers, "by a Hoyeon, but now that I've met you, I approve of you for my cousin." Cousin being used loosely, of course. "You're welcome in my sect, too, if you find yourself in Fallarbor."

notes

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP