Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Your Sense of Justice Is Yours
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2024 18:31:38 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Nineteen people.

That was how many people this monument sat in remembrance to. He had already been here twice, to discuss the meaning of preservation with and the struggle of childhood with . There were too many teaching moments to be gained from the masses of the slaughtered.

Yet if they had to die, then it was best for the living to learn from their folly in order to ensure the happiness of those who still stood. How could Howard preserve the world if he couldn't preserve nineteen lives? His name should've been carved here, and they should have lived.

Yet the world was not just.

"Have you ever wondered why we fight?" He turned to face the Paldean who had opposed him with Terrakion. There was no need for a mask. His face had changed, and his identity had melted along with it. The man known as Howard Slayte still existed, but his records were now outdated. "Why your sheriff fights so hard against the tide of Eternatus?"

He raised an eyebrow. Behind him, an Unown flickered into existence, a reminder that was watching this unnecessary march into Dewford that existed for the sole purpose of self-punishment.

"Where's Terrakion?"

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
when everything is in disarray, i think we'll be okay!
awards
734 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 10:53:49 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddiecircle"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
The sweltering heat must have finally gotten to him; that was Eddie's first thought when he heard that voice, as familiar as an aching scar, come from who he first thought was a stranger standing before the memorial. The soldier's eyes narrowed with suspicion as he regarded the one-eyed man, changed by forces beyond his comprehension. Fists clenched at his sides, knuckles straining against their bandages, [break][break]

“I know why I'm fightin',” Eddie asserted, folding his arms across his chest, “I'm fightin' ta keep fuckers like you from turnin' this whole goddamn region into an icebox, or a crater, or fuckin' Kanto. [break][break]

Though, when he stopped to think about it, the one-eyed man's motivations were something of a mystery to him. It was so easy to assume he was just entirely evil, because what else would you call a man who had frozen over Dewford for his own ambitions? Who had participated in the takeover of Petalburg on the side of Rocket? [break][break]

But then Eddie recalled that fateful encounter with Regice, and how this man had fought alongside them, and how had cradled the admin's body with the care owed to a fallen brother. That recollection was enough to ease away some of the soldier's own furious tension, enough to make way for some new stroke of curiosity, [break][break]

“I figure Navy's got his reasons. Guy's seen plenty'a shit in these parts.” [break][break]

Shit that, in reality, Eddie only understood in theory. Though, when it came to larger and graver threats, there was one that immediately came to mind when one of those little floating eyes blipped into view behind the admin. Another confusing wrinkle to this whole mess; the Visionary had been kind to Eddie in their first meeting, so how could she keep to such sordid company? [break][break]

But with the admin's final inquiry, the soldier was brought back to the reality of the situation. No, he was in the presence of the enemy; best not to let his guard down, [break][break]

“None'a yer fuckin' business,” Eddie spat, though to the diligent observer, one might see his gaze momentarily shift towards the mist-shrouded mountains and the thick forest of conifers that made up the heart of the island. [break][break]

Sure, it might have been Zacian's realm, but Eddie often felt those familiar orange eyes watching him from the forest's edge, studying him, observing with cautious appraisal. He idly wondered if that piercing gaze was trained on the both of them in that very moment.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cloud-moon"]

[newclass=".eddiecircle"]--accent:#d18934 ; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".eddiecircle blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".eddiecircle .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/al3zOGR.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-60px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:100px; border:4px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".eddiecircle blockquote b, .eddiecircle blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .eddiecircle blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .eddiecircle blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".eddiecircle .top"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 60px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 8px 8px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".eddiecircle .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 310px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 35px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 8px 8px; border: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".eddiecircle .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".eddiecircle .bottom b, .eddiecircle .bottom i"]color:var(--accent); } .eddiecircle .bottom b { font-size:14px!important } .eddiecircle .bottom u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline solid; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".eddiecircle .credit a"]color:var(--accent); font-size:12px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:130px; bottom:10px; opacity:0.3;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 18:53:32 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Howard's eye followed Eddie's. The price of having only one eye was that he saw twice as much.

"It doesn't matter." In truth, it did. Yet the admin did not want to clash with Eddie on this hallowed ground. Howard had already scorched the ground with a hoarfrost that would never fully melt, and fighting the Paldean here would only cause further suffering. "I have no qualms with 's sword. I suppose it's yours now, though. I hope you're better than Kyle was at keeping it unsheathed."

Despite the words, there was a clear hint of pride in the admin's voice. Not for his own greatness—he lacked any—but for Kyle's restraint and forbearance. He had loved the man from a distance as Hoenn's greatest hero, yet there were hardly any heroes left.

They were all buried or at wit's end. was running out of men to grieve.

"He fights because he loves this world. He fights to make amends with his own heart. Maybe he even fights for justice." fought. That was his purpose in this world. Yet Zaria had demanded more of him. "Justice."

Howard chuckled.

"Heh."

He found the concept amusing as he regarded the man standing before him, a soldier on his way to becoming a broken man. They all broke at the end. 

"It's a human concept. Why does Terrakion represent it? Why does it defend a human premise when its purpose is to defend Pokémon?" He remembered whispers of the sword in Unovan song, back when he wandered the world. "You fought with it. What's your opinion?"

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
734 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2024 11:15:59 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Eddie scowled as he bit back the usual reflexive response. Terrakion wasn't his, exactly, in more ways than one. The legend itself was ephemeral, a thing that transcended flesh-and-blood men like him. So too did the legacy of its previous partner, and that looming shadow of greatness felt far too large for Eddie to find his way out of in this moment. That wasn't baggage worth unpacking with the admin, though; Eddie doubted that the man would understand, even if his current allegiances made such a discussion almost impossible to approach in the first place. [break][break]

But perhaps Howard understood more than Eddie gave him credit for. The soldier blinked with some disbelief at the admins observations of the sheriff, [break][break]

“Those are good'a reasons ta fight as any, ain't they?” [break][break]

It was plain and simple, wasn't it? Apparently not, when Eddie heard the other man laugh. That scowl started to form again as Eddie considered the question; how could he put this in a way that the other man would understand when it felt as though they were worlds apart? [break][break]

The soldier moved a hand to scrub at his stubbled chin in contemplation, and sighed, [break][break]

“You ain't givin' the Pokemon enough credit.” [break][break]

Which, in his eyes, fit a man whose two greatest weapons were more automaton than living creature, but what of the valiant Aerodactyl he had fought alongside against Regice? Eddie paused, his eyes momentarily drifting from Howard to the monument, before he continued, [break][break]

Justice is bigger than us,” Eddie began, “It's bigger'n the League, or Rocket. Bigger'n us or Pokemon.” [break][break]

Now it was starting to come together, little puzzle pieces forming a bigger picture, [break][break]

“It's rightin' whats wrong, fixin' whats broken, protectin' those that can't protect themselves. Terrakion understands that; it's somethin' owed ta everyone, ain't it? Human, Pokemon – ” [break][break]

And even those otherworldly Megalopolans. Eddie felt momentarily chilled when he recalled those huddled masses on their home-world when the prison ship had crashed there. They were owed something better, too, he had realized, which is why he had stayed his hand when others struck. He still vaguely wondered if that decision would one day come to haunt him.

[break][break]

[newclass=".eddiecircle"]--accent:#d18934 ; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".eddiecircle blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".eddiecircle .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/al3zOGR.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-60px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:100px; border:4px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".eddiecircle blockquote b, .eddiecircle blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .eddiecircle blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .eddiecircle blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".eddiecircle .top"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 60px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 8px 8px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".eddiecircle .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 310px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 35px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 8px 8px; border: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".eddiecircle .bottom b, .eddiecircle .bottom i"]color:var(--accent); } .eddiecircle .bottom b { font-size:14px!important } .eddiecircle .bottom u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline solid; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".eddiecircle .credit a"]color:var(--accent); font-size:12px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:130px; bottom:10px; opacity:0.3;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2024 6:20:25 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"You're wrong. Justice is what elevates us above the Pokémon we surround ourselves with. It is not just for a Houndoom to devour a Patrat, even if it needs to do so in order to survive. It is the obligation of our species, and of men like you, to define the concept and defend it."

This man reminded him of the sheriff. The gaze is similar. Their disposition is similar. The only thing that changed was different came from experience. Howard knew what sat within the sheriff's heart, but what of the man chosen by a self-proclaimed sword?

What form would his soul take?

"In history, the victors decide the law. When Team Rocket loses, the League will define the term of justice and you will enforce it, unless the system is broken. You must be better." The admin spoke of treason, his hand on his hip as he regarded Eddie. Howard had accepted that the League would win this war and that he would swing.

The ending was clear. His route to reach Ever Grande's gallows? Less so.

He walked around the monument, reading each name carved into stone. Nineteen was a small amount compared to the lives lost in the Ultra Deep Sea, but the nineteen weighed more in his soul. Howard Slayte was fallible, and he was beginning to realize it.

"But Navy's reasons are just. We fight for the same thing, funnily enough. A world without Eternatus." He stopped. "Did he ever tell you why I attacked Dewford?"

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
734 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2024 14:19:48 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
He wanted to grouse at the other man, spit back a scathing 'The hell do you know about justice?', but the words stayed lodged in Eddie's throat. When Team Rocket loses? The soldier gaped at the admin for a brief moment as the gravity of his words sunk in. [break][break]

Was this guy playing some sort of long con? Trying to destroy the organization from the inside out? No, that couldn't have been right – if that was the case, how could have he put so many people in harm's way to achieve that end? Even if Admin Fox was pursuing his own sort of justice, was it really just if innocent lives were lost in its pursuit? [break][break]

Eddie had to understand. This man was either ambitious beyond belief or a walking cautionary tale, [break][break]

“No,” Eddie admitted simply, “I didn't think it needed much explainin' – you were just tryin' ta juice up Regice, weren'tcha?” [break][break]

And bit off a little more than he could chew, the soldier presumed. Textbook hubris, right there.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2024 2:19:21 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
A bark of laughter, then a halfhearted shrug.

"Yeah, but I didn't make it stronger to fight normal trainers. In order to kill a god, I implanted it with a shard of divinity. It did pretty well against Regirock, even after you and the other two girls kicked its ass. Wouldn't have done that without the upgrade, I assure you."

After fighting Regirock and Regieleki, Regice simply had not matched up with its fellow machines. They had outpaced it. They had not been incomplete, like Regice was when Team Rocket pulled it from its ruins without taking its heart.

The tin soldier had needed a reason to function, and they had forfeited that heart to the League in exchange for a mechanical body.

"Killing Eternatus was the reason. Using its newfound power to seize its siblings was the reason. Two down, three to go."

Eddie could scurry back to the sheriff with that knowledge, but it wouldn't stop him. Navy already knew what his goal was, if the news of Regirock's capture had not reached his ears. Still, he wanted to know how Eddie would react to this tale of folly, of ambition.

Ambition. Howard almost laughed. He had none.

"But the reason I burned your town to the ground was because of your new Gym Leader." . "She cannot be trusted."

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
734 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2024 15:39:32 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Kill a god? Eternatus? That... thing slumbering in the Ultra Deep Sea? The stakes were higher than Eddie initially fathomed, but it did little to settle the anger that had begun to roil angrily in his gut. The admin may have had his reasons for empowering Regice, to bring down an unfathomable god, but there was still something about the circumstances that grated ceaselessly upon the soldier's nerves, [break][break]

“Yer so full of shit,” Eddie laughed mirthlessly. He grit his teeth so hard he could almost feel the molars start to crack, [break][break]

“First of all, you expect me ta believe yer tryin' ta use that power fer some grand purpose? Ta save the goddamn world?” [break][break]

The soldier leered at the man, [break][break]

“Even if that's true, how many people're gonna have ta die before you take down Eternatus? How many goddamn corpses are you gonna hafta climb over to reach that fuckin' end of yers?” [break][break]

Eddie's voice rose, angry and passionate, a furious near-shout of righteous indignation. He huffed like an angry bull and pointed an accusatory finger at the admin, [break][break]

“And don't you fuckin' dare put that on ! She was right there with us tryin' ta clean up your goddamn mess! She was right there tryin' ta stop you and yer fucked up pals from Rocket from turnin' Petalburg inta a goddamn crater!” [break][break]

He suddenly took a few steps towards the admin, adrenaline coursing through his veins, [break][break]

“You really tryin' ta tell me that she's the reason you killed nineteen innocent fuckin' people?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2024 16:46:07 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Yes." Eddie wasn't going to accept that he had killed nineteen people on accident, that it had never been part of the plan. It had been an act of folly, but it was his now. Eternatus could drown in a mountain of corpses, if that was what the world needed. "Because, Eddie..."

The admin lit a cigarette and blew smoke into the air. He instinctively clicked his lighter a few times, before storing it in a pocket.

"She hates this world and everyone in it. She hates you, she hates me, and she hates every single person who has or ever will be born. She does not love me, and she does not love you."

Another deep drag. Howard tapped the ash from his cigarette and let it blow out to sea. He had never given Tsubaki much attention, if he was being honest. Just another innocent girl that had adopted into his growing family on this smaller island. Yet she was a former Rocket, engaged in the fall of Kanto and the siege of Johto.

That perception warped a mind, especially in the constraints of youth.

"Ask yourself what kind of person fuses with a Nihilego, Eddie. What type of person is capable of doing that, if not a defective one?"

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
734 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2024 12:03:29 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
“Yer a liar! [break][break]

This was a ploy of some kind, it had to be. This – this snake was trying to poison Eddie against his allies, he was sure of it. How could Tsubaki be the sort of person the admin claimed she was? Sure, maybe she had some gnarly tricks up her sleeve, but wasn't that just what she had to do to square up with Admin Fox and his tin soldiers? [break][break]

The soldier's rage abated temporarily, though, when he recalled just how otherworldly the young gym leader had become on the battlefield of Petalburg. It was an act of unholy communion, becoming one with the Nihilego. She had become something inhuman in that moment, but maybe that means justified the ends of fighting Rocket? [break][break]

But something about the thought made Eddie feel ill, made his face pale for a moment. Means and ends, yet again. His brow furrowed, agitated, [break][break]

“She just – she just did what she had ta. Besides, the hell're we supposed ta do when you fuckers're sending gods and monsters after us?” [break][break]

And besides, what kind of psychopath would describe a living, breathing, thinking person as defective? Tsubaki wasn't some sort of robot or computer program or futuristic being from beyond the reaches of time and space – she was a complicated person, probably, but to label her with a term reserved for the inorganic was demeaning in a way that Eddie couldn't readily articulate, [break][break]

“'Sides, she's usin' powers like that ta keep other people safe,” the soldier asserted, “Instead'a usin' it ta serve a pack'a goons who're tryin' ta burn the whole damn region to the ground.” [break][break]

But, shit, wasn't that akin to what Howard himself claimed to be doing? Using terrible powers for some greater good? [break][break]

No, no, that wasn't right. This was an 'apples and oranges' sort of situation; comparing Tsubaki and Howard to one another was unfair... wasn't it?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2024 17:13:33 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"You care about her."

His sense of loyalty was touching. The admin's respect for the man improved substantially, even if he was someone relying on bad faith. Everyone in Dewford was, though. They followed the sheriff and his vow to do the best they could, every single day. He inspired such loyalty that even villains hiding beneath his ilk were clear of suspicion.

He would know. He had hidden alongside them. He recognized Dewford's new Gym Leader as a traitor, too. She just happened to be a far less dangerous one than him.

For now.

"But know this. I've taken her down into the Ultra Deep Sea. She's laid her heart bare for me. For Navy. Has she offered you the same level of trust? Can you really listen to how she talks about the Ultra Deep Sea and feel truly, in your heart of hearts, that she is on our side?"

Ours. Not his. At the end of the day, Rocket's quarrel with the League had roused sleeping giants, but when the chips were down, the two sides would reunite to fell the divine.

Assuming it wasn't too late.

"Though I guess you're not wrong, Rocket does consist of goons. They're dross pretending that beating the weak makes them strong." He had hung several in Petalburg for assault already, in an attempt to scour the rest of indecent behavior.

Yet, despite their sins, they were human.

"Do you think she's cut out to be a Gym Leader?"

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
734 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2024 13:33:14 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
More lies, it had to be. It was so much easier to get angry about the shit the admin was spewing than it was to examine those assertions critically. Eddie was torn, torn between wanting to throttle the guy just to get him to stop spouting words that made his heart hurt, and the deep, sinking dread at the realization that he didn't know jack shit about . One thing was for certain, though, [break][break]

“'Yeah. Yeah, I fuckin' do.” [break][break]

Because he knew something about the young gym leader that Howard didn't, [break][break]

“'Cause for all'a yer talk about her hatin' this and hatin' that, yer dead fuckin' wrong. Sure, I don't know nothin' about her trip down ta the Ultra Deep Sea, but I know she cares about doin' the right thing.” [break][break]

She cared about about justice, about using your strength, your power, to fight for the right reasons. She had told him as much in their return to the island town, and Eddie had no reason not to believe her wholeheartedly, [break][break]

“And that's good enough for me.” [break][break]

His loyalty was, perhaps, too easily won, but it was a way of living that had yet to steer Eddie wrong. Besides, he was more convinced than ever that it was a far better approach than whatever the admin was taking if he held such little regard for the people he fought alongside now. Maybe Howard would see the error of his ways if fate ever brought the two men back to the same side of the battlefield.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2024 6:13:46 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"...!"

Eduardo Hisakawa's words struck a chord, and he was rewarded with the rare honor of genuinely disarming the Rocket Admin responsible for his home's destruction and for Petalburg as a whole. His heart was pure and his heart was just, and it genuinely caused the admin to blanche. He blinked once and looked away.

When Howard spoke again, his voice was soft.

"I see. You really believe in a girl you've only begun to understand? You're picking her side, knowing that there's a chance that I'm not lying to you and that she will ruin you?" He looked up at the monument of his sins. "No."

The sky was perfectly clear today, he realized.

"You never even considered the possibility."

There was a horrible moment where he considered throwing down his sword in an attempt to become worthy of such blind faith. This was how humanity was going to defeat Eternatus. Ants would bind together and bring down a giant by gnawing at its joints until it buckled under their combined weight.

If the world consisted entirely of Eduardo Hisakawas, it'd be a better place.

But it's not. There's only one, and he stood in the admin's way. Thus he does not throw down his sword.

"When Eternatus rouses from its slumber, I will fight by the sheriff's side and vanquish the evil that has cursed our species for millennia. On that, we will be allies. Even if you hate me and stab me in the back, I won't turn my back on Eternatus to fight you. That is the only enemy that truly matters."

His gaze hardened.

"But until that day, I will do as I am bid by Team Rocket. I will take their cities. If you have a problem with that, come and stop me. I invite you to try." He smiled wryly. "I am not 'fated' to be defeated by you. It has been spoken."

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
734 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2024 14:04:20 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
An averted eye, a shift in tone; Eddie found himself stunned by that subtle shift in the admin's demeanor. It was... unfathomable, the thought that Howard, this man Eddie had been staunchly convinced was an enemy, could be touched by what he had to say. The realization awed and haunted and humbled the soldier all at once. Maybe his fervent devotion to slaying that dreaded wyrm was far more real than Eddie had initially given him credit for, [break][break]

“Then I can promise ya two things.” [break][break]

But Eddie could never forget what this man had done to Dewford, what he had abetted in Petalburg. The soldier's fury may have cooled, but his conviction had not, [break][break]

“Number one, I don't give two shits about 'fate', so I'm gonna be right there ta stop you the next time yer golems show up at our doorstep. I ain't gonna let you hurt anyone else on my watch.” [break][break]

And Eddie still didn't think he could forgive him for the lives lost in all of this mess, but there was so much more to all of this than the petty squabbles of man. He hadn't yet witnessed the horrors of Eternatus itself, but Eddie was keenly aware of how vast and seemingly insurmountable similar villains could be, [break][break]

“And number two, when that day comes, when we're fightin' by Navy's side against that thing, I...” [break][break]

And God, he almost couldn't believe he was about to say this, but it was somehow both the hardest and the easiest thing in the world, [break][break]

“I'll be right there with ya. No back stabbin', no cheap shots, no nothin'.” Eddie nodded, almost as if to convince himself of that thought, “You can hold me to that.” [break][break]

Because taking a potshot at the guy when they were facing reality-ending calamity wasn't justice, it was shooting themselves in the foot. It wouldn't bring back those nineteen names on the memorial stone, or anyone lost in Petalburg, or whoever else would fall in the admin's pursuit of that god-killing end. Maybe Eddie could slap some cuffs on the guy and ship him off to whatever trial or tribunal the League's top brass had waiting for him after they killed a god, but they would cross that bridge when they got to it.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2024 17:55:34 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Do that, and perhaps the concept of justice still exists."

He walked down the steps, past Eddie. Shoes clacked against stone, and faint lines of red energy shined against his skin as he stopped. An artificial form, powered by the enemy of mankind. His eye flickered as he stopped, and joints creaked. What punishment could the League truly mete upon him once the war was over, if he killed Eternatus?

Did it even matter? Mankind would be saved, and that virtue would outweigh any human sin they could place upon his shoulders. Their sentence, regardless, would be an act of justice that Eddie would be obligated to enforce.

There would be no humanity to his death, even as it was sentenced to him by humans.

"Well, Eddie..." He clapped the man on the shoulder as he walked off. "Defeat me if you can. Shouldn't be too hard. I'm the weakest admin, after all."

He smiled without humor.

"I won't cause a fuss in Dewford. I've got a few things to take care of before I leave. Hopefully that won't be a problem."

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing