awards
253 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
love in war [skirmish]
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2024 18:19:23 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]There had been small battles along route 104, skirmishes, between the opposing factions as of late. Montgomery had been tasked to keep an eye on things and aid anyone in need of assistance should a fight break out.

So, why wasn't he surprised when he spotted along the grassy path?

Their relationship was a complicated one. On one hand, he certainly couldn't walk away from her knowing full well that she was going to cause issues for the League. He was a League official via the police department. That would be ignoring his job.

On the other, his affection for her had grown substantially since before the war. So much so, he'd even invited her to his home for a date after sneaking into her office and-

The thought heated his cheeks, and he cleared his throat to regain some sense of composure.

"Well, well. Look who we have 'ere. Seems ya've got good luck, runnin' into me of all people," Montgomery said, announcing his presence to her.

[attr="class","montytag"]
50 MP have your character recall a past thread or event that they have participated in or not (link the thread)
10 MP per IC post in your Skirmish thread
total: 60 MP
[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.monty] width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.monty b] color: #d4a53c; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.monty i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.monty u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
love in war [skirmish]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2024 1:36:03 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Ameena throws her pokeball with clinical precision to land atop the felled tree. Malamar appears above, using thunderbolt to summon lightning to strike the tree in two and give her an easy path to cross through the arboreal obstacle. Rocket caravans have been largely uninhibited by League interception, but who knew when they would lick their wounds enough to strike? [break][break]

She was sure the rebellion would come in waves. There were too many different elements for the League to address, to many gaping holes bleeding Hoenn dry. Rocket had less manpower, sure, but they answered to fewer constituents. There were less people to disappoint and they were less beholden to morale anyhow. [break][break]

The politics of their takeover was a drag, but the increased opportunity to cross paths with the one and only Montgomery makes it worth the trouble. [break][break]

"Long time no see," she greets warmly, though an outsider might mistake it for the teasing of a villain who continues to escape the hero. "I found myself in a bit of hot water with the bosses, so I will have to make this look good." Her gaze falls down him suggestively, though she's also taking inventory to know if he's already been roughed up by anyone else on the border of the territory. If she has to leave him with a shiner to sell the story, at least she can lick his wounds later.

TAGS [break]

NOTES50 MP describe your character's pokeball throwing style.[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena"]--accent:#EF59D8;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
when it's time to shoot, quit yappin'
awards
253 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
love in war [skirmish]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2024 1:49:49 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]How many times have the fought each other now? Five? SIX times? Montgomery wasn't quite sure, but the Pokemon she revealed was not a familiar one to him.

Honestly, he was mostly glad that her GARDEVOIR wasn't here to judge him. Of all the Pokemon she had, why did need that one...

"I'mma need to knock ya down a peg or two. I can't go back to the station without another victory on my belt."

Though, the number of times she'd outwitted him and escaped proved that he wasn't much of a winner in these encounters. It was a never ending game of cat and mouse. Though...

"I do love a challenge."

Despite his overwhelming urge to snatch her up and take her away, far away from here so they didn't have to battle each other, they were in public. There was no door to hide their affair here. It was time to put on his acting skills.

"I'll lock ya up this time, Abadi. Mark my words." Montgomery's voice was a low drawl, his hand grasping his ball. Winding back as if he was about to pitch a baseball, he threw it forward with intensity, releasing the HISUIAN ZOROARK inside.

50 MP describe your character's pokeball throwing style
total: 120 MP
bingo: six
[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.monty] width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.monty b] color: #d4a53c; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.monty i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.monty u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
love in war [skirmish]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2024 17:54:53 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

"Ah, so I am just another notch?" In your bedpost, she'd have said aloud if she was sure they had no listening ears. With her own Unown betraying her by not communicating the presence of Cillian, she had become more paranoid of Nomi's Unown surveilling her. [break][break]

She gave a curt nod, encouraging Malamar to attempt hypnosis on the Hisuian Zoroark. [break][break]

"I wonder where I have heard that before." She alluded to their first meeting with a confident smirk. "You may need some back-up to handle me." Her eyes glittered with the mischief she felt. Malamar was a more recent acquisition of hers, inspired by her meeting with whose pokemon seemed rather capable in their short time together. [break][break]

She spread her arms out wide, as if saying come at me. "Impress me."

TAGS [break]

NOTES50 MP have your character recall a past thread or event that they have participated in or not (link the thread)[break][100mp][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
awards
253 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
love in war [skirmish]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2024 0:03:59 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]"We'll call you a... special notch. I haven't been able to catch ya yet. You allude me." Special was right.

The risk of the HYPNOSIS was it ability to miss. And as the HISUIAN ZOROARK became an ILLUSION of the MALAMAR, the sleep didn't land. His Pokemon mocked its appearance, nearly identical to the last detail.

"No. I'm gonna bring ya in myself. Or die on my grave."

He waved his hand forward, allowing the copy-cat Pokemon to attack the MALAMAR with a surging SHADOW BALL. A smirk appeared on his lips, a toothy grin.

He wouldn't go down easy. He had to fight for his values, after all. Even if it was against her.

50 MP have your character reflect on why they're fighting/reflect on their loyalties
50 MP have an antagonistic exchange of dialogue between your character and another writer's character or NPC
total: 230
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
love in war [skirmish]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2024 16:11:31 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Underneath the stress of lying, there was a twinge of thrill. More than that, performing as an actor against Montgomery to keep up appearances - a delusion he contributed to, too - was fun. "I hope that honor keeps your grave warm," she taunted, playing the part of the confident villain easily. [break][break]

His Zoroark transformed into a visage of Malamar, which Ameena hadn't expected, but which she would brute force her way through. "Tera," she instructed, and Malamar terastallized with dark tera before following through with a night slash, charging forward through the shadow ball to strike the Zoroark. [break][break]

"You could still join the winning team, you know."

TAGS [break]

NOTES – 50 MP have your character reflect on why they're fighting/reflect on their loyalties[break]
50 MP have an antagonistic exchange of dialogue between your character and another writer's character or NPC[break]10 MP terastallize your own pokemon in your thread.[break][230mp][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
awards
253 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
love in war [skirmish]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2024 22:29:58 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]He'd have to reconsider his attacks. And perhaps, HISUIAN ZOROARK wasn't the best play here. Give her MALAMAR terastallized, turning pure dark-type, the ghost attack was all for nothing.

However, he decided that if she was going to play hard, he'd play nasty.

"Come back," he ordered his Pokemon. A switch from it to TINKATON was initiated.

The fairy-steel Pokemon's ball contained a radiant energy, the pink surface of the love ball seeming to vibrate with splendor. And she, herself, was filled with love to spare for her opponent.

She radiated in the light, ILLUMINA energy pouring off her as she held her hammer behind her back. The hammer was so large compared to her body, it was MEME-like in its own fashion. With a wink and a SWEET KISS, she aimed to bring the MALAMAR down into confusion before striking.

"I don't have a good reason to," he lied.

10 MP use a starmobile, shadow, illumina or toxic chain pokemon in your thread
50 MP involve the pokeballs of your pokemon in a meaningful way
10 MP per IC post in your skirmish thread
total: 300 MP
bingo: meme
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
love in war [skirmish]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2024 22:38:15 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

That was an interesting response. [break][break]

"Winning isn't enough reason for you?" She took easy strides to the side of the fight, as if circling their pokemon. She got a new perspective as she watched the Tinkaton kiss at her Malamar. The terastallized pokemon struggled to keep its gaze straight as a result. Ameena rolled her eyes. "You can play little games," she insisted, "but the stakes will continue to rise." How much of it was a script? How much of it was a lead-in for Malamar's next move? [break][break]

She chuckled. "Bring the sky down, Mal." Malamar would struggle to see straight, but this technique didn't require it: he used gravity to apply pressure to all of them in the area. She knew how to continue to adjust when the odds were stacked against you. The human body had several pressure points, tactics had several approaches, and their conversation had several twists. But all of it would always come down to a victory for her; she was a bullet shot from a gun, her trajectory decided just like her target, and she would not be deterred. [break][break]

Not until her dreams came true.

TAGS [break]

NOTES – 50 MP showcase your own character's strength(s) meaningfully.[break]
50 MP have your character learn something from the other character.[break][340mp][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
awards
253 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
love in war [skirmish]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2024 2:37:30 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]Montgomery was quiet. Any answer he would give her sounded like bullshit now. She knew his mind too well, and he almost felt as if she was performing some kind of witchcraft on him.

She put a spell on him. And he was hers. He fell into her hands like putty, moldable and able to change.

This wasn't the first time that she'd made the deputy question his affiliation toward the League. In fact, day by day, he wondered if he should depart from his role, become a vigilante of sorts, and feed from the riches she gave him. Because surely Ameena wouldn't hurt him.

She wouldn't betray him.

Would she?

Montgomery swallowed, mouth dry as he answered as confidently as he could. "Not until justice is served."

Because that's what it was all about. Justice.

GRAVITY weighed down the field, making Montgomery's feet feel heavy as his body was dragged down. He saw TINKATON'S hammer fall lower to the ground, growing heavier for her to hold.

She released, leaping forward with all her might to attack the MALAMAR in a SKITTER SMACK in hopes that the GRAVITY would be alleviated.

50 MP have your character self-doubt or cast doubt on another's confidence/allegiances/beliefs, etc.
50 MP showcase your own character's weakness(es) meaningfully
25 MP include a theme song or visual involving your character meaningfully in your post
total: 435 MP
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP