priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
one voice [skirmish]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2024 9:59:00 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"miss eva..."

priam stops on his feet, a hand holding a pokeball dragged down as it lays limp after seeing the professor.

he had been asked to be the reinforcement of a side of defense being fell by hoenn's forces. it hadn't been told to him it was someone he closely worked with before.

grunts run from the fight and sought refuge behind priam, escaping the onslaught that the kanto veteran have brought the new recruits of rocket. a few taunts were thrown, but those that survived a war would find meaningless words to be nothing but noise.

"w-w-wait, what are you doing here?!"

it had been one of the factors that made him reconsider the promotion to rocket beast-- one that takes care of chores that those higher up would consider, well, a chore.

responsibilities it held were meaningful, but as long as he didn't do anything big enough on his own, he knew he wouldn't be on 's radar. she goes big, and priam is aware of how she operates to tone down his feats enough to go beneath her sights.

eva was different. she stretches herself thin enough to bother with the littlest things, such as small border skirmishes with random grunts that would have gone unnoticed on reports.

"i-i thought you were..."

...living peacefully out of the picture already.

10 MP per IC post in your Skirmish thread.
50 MP have your character directly or indirectly spotlight another writer's character's strengths.
50 MP reference (tag) another character that is not in your thread in a meaningful way.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,797 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
one voice [skirmish]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2024 18:59:32 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Miss Eva...

The voice is familiar, unmistakably so. Her heart leaps into her throat with recognition. Her boots dig into the dirt to force her to stop in her tracks and wide emerald eyes fall on the stranger’s silhouette.

“Priam?”

The last time she had come into contact with him was when she caught him fleeing The League after the revelation of his betrayal. It was an unforgivable betrayal . . . or so Eva thought.

Time and circumstances had weathered the sharp edges of her grudge against her former assistant. Now, faced with the resurrection of those wounds, she found herself less inclined to lunge and claw and tear at him in vengeance. In fact, she found herself conflicted. Eva Morales: the ever emotional and forgiving soul. It’s a softness that would undoubtedly cost her everything some day. It had already cost her her patron. What did she have to show for embodying such morals? Loneliness. An empty bed. A fractured soul. History trying to repeat itself.

Still, she found it incredibly hard, a disservice even, to neglect such moral pillars. If she doesn’t fight for what she believes in, what is she fighting for?

“I’m -” she begins, glancing around to assess what she actually is doing here, “What’re you doing here, Priam?!” she turns the question back around on him, voice dipping into a lower octave, more like a scolding mother than a question of curiosity.

+10MP per IC post (x1)
+50MP have your character recall a past thread or event that they have participated in or not (link the thread).
+50MP showcase your own character's weakness(es) meaningfully
+50MP have your character reflect on why they're fighting/reflect on their loyalties

Total: 160MP

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,452 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
one voice [skirmish]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2024 17:46:07 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
the last time he had to face her in the field, he hadn't been ready. this time, he still wasn't. priam goes with the flow still, finding himself unable to get used to this kind of interaction.

this was his reality, however. he attempts to put up the usual front again, putting personality in his words when relying on what is superficial proves to work better than breaking down.

"this is kinda my job now," he answers casually. "well, this used to be what i usually do instead of the lab stuff, but things change, and i'm back in the field!"

he clasps his hand together, doing something with his hands to keep it from being idle.

subconsciously, it's a show of both hands away from his waist, where he keeps his pokemon. anything to prolong this fleeting moment will be taken, as there will be very few chances to catch up later on.

it wasn't like he can help feeling this way. he always had been quick to be attached, which was against ideologies he must face on the daily. it's only by chance that maybe he can give in.

maybe.

"and you?" he deflects. "i heard you missed out on the kyogre or the petalburg stuff."

it felt wrong changing pleasantries this way.

20 MP per IC post in your Skirmish thread.
50 MP showcase your own character's weakness(es) meaningfully.
50 MP have your character directly or indirectly spotlight another writer's character's strengths.
50 MP involve the pokeballs of your pokemon in a meaningful way (e.g. type of pokeball described to reflect the pokemon or character, damaging them, seizing them).
50 MP have your character reflect on why they're fighting/reflect on their loyalties.
50 MP reference (tag) another character that is not in your thread in a meaningful way.
50 MP have your character recall a past thread or event that they have participated in or not (link the thread).

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,797 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
one voice [skirmish]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2024 16:24:59 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Priam always had a way of making everything seem like it was going to be alright. No matter how stressed she was, how behind they were, or how much pressure weighed on them, he had always made it feel easier. Perhaps it was his carefree attitude or his infectious smile. Even now, amongst the chaos of a war she felt like everything was going to be alright. Tension bleeds from her shoulders and she seems more relaxed. She keeps her arms crossed, also far from her own pokeballs.

Despite the hostile surroundings, her voice still maintains a motherly quality, mostly scolding, as she raises a brow to clearly judge what Priam has to say, “You take over innocent towns in a cruel military campaign for the sole purpose of gaining power? That’s what you normally do?”

Eva shakes her head in an exaggerated fashion, “I don’t believe that. That’s not you, Priam. You’re better than this.”

She knows he is.

“I’m here to help prevent Hoenn from meeting the same fate as Kanto,” she shakes her head again, holding steadfast to her purpose while sorrow tickles the edges of her voice, “I’m sorry, Priam, but I’ll do anything to keep that from happening.”

Her arms fall to her side, not yet moving towards a pokeball but close enough in case one of the grunt behind him decides their boss is taking too long. She purposely ignores the accurate intel that she was not present at the fiasco with Kyogre. It’s by no doubt common knowledge she lost her patron, a void that felt as big as space itself that will never be filed.

+10MP per IC post (x2)
+50MP have your character recall a past thread or event that they have participated in or not (link the thread).
+50MP showcase your own character's weakness(es) meaningfully
+50MP have your character reflect on why they're fighting/reflect on their loyalties
+50MP have your character directly or indirectly spotlight another writer's character's strengths
+50MP have your character self-doubt or cast doubt on another's confidence/allegiances/beliefs, etc

Total: 270MP

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP