played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
annie's plotter
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2019 0:24:21 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","annieplot"]
[attr="class","annieplot2"]
[attr="class","annieplotname"]
[attr="class","annieplotimg"]

ANNIE
[break]MEI

[attr="class","annieplotlyric"]

[attr="class","ion-heart"]
don't ya' love this sweet devil?

Annie’s a migrant from Kanto, but she’s not all that upset about it. After a rough life bouncing between the orphanage and foster homes, the idea of hitting the road on a trainer’s journey, with nobody to rely on but herself, is very appealing. She’s learned a fair bit about the land and its Pokemon along the way, and worked her way up from being a hobo out of necessity, to being a drifter by choice. [break][break]

She’s a (mostly) reformed criminal, boisterous to the point of being obnoxious, curt, says what’s on her mind, always has a lot on her mind, suspicious of kindness, doesn’t take kindly to being commanded and often insults people without even trying. It’s not all bad, though. She’ll rarely be seen upset for long, and is always bursting with energy. A near-childlike enthusiasm and curiosity for the world around her means she always wants to see and learn more. Once she has her eyes set on a goal, she’ll move mountains to accomplish it. On the rare occasion that she isn’t the worst-off person in the room, she can be caring and even charitable, especially if they need a pep-talk. It’ll take some resilience to get through an encounter with Annie, but it may be worth it for the heart of gold deep down. Deep, deep down.

PLOT HOOKS
WHAT MISADVENTURES CAN BE HAD?

I’ve got a better idea of where Annie’s going now, but planning the journey there is for chumps that know what they’re doing. In the absence of a long-term plot (for now), here's a few scenarios that could lead to our characters meeting:[break][break]

You can never have too many friends! Having close to triple-digit numbers of Pokemon is great, but they can’t debate what makes a hat cool quite like a human can. Annie will strike up a conversation with almost anybody she meets, for better or worse, so just crossing her path is bound to be interesting. Asking about her Camp Tenets will eat at least two minutes of your life.[break][break]

Champion’s Road – As one of the few with the right to challenge the Elite Four, Annie’s starting to make a name for herself as a trainer worth her salt. There’s bound to be a few trainers out there surprised that a semi-notable trainer is a) a foreigner and b) a child. Some way want to test her skill themselves, and others might want to learn a thing or two from her.[break][break]

What is a leader, anyway? It’s one thing to get a job, and another to do it well. Annie has realised that she has a lot to learn if she’s going to become a true champion, and none of it has to do with her team’s strength. The trouble is, everybody has their own opinion on what a champion should be… But Annie could learn from all of them. This is a call to the heroes of Hoenn, self-proclaimed or otherwise, to show this girl how it’s done![break][break]

Whatever the Weather – Annie has a full team of Pokemon for the four main weather types. Why? It seemed like a good idea at the time. If any characters ever want to see the power of weather teams, or a mission calls for overcoming/making the most of heavy weather, she’s your girl! Weather teams seem to be very uncommon on this roleplay, so it could make for a unique challenge![break][break]

Old ghosts. Renouncing her criminal ways doesn’t just make them disappear. The more notoriety the girl gains, the more people seem to dig into her past. From her disadvantaged beginnings in Kanto to a string of altercations with the law and its enforcers, there’s a lot about Annie’s past that she’d rather people didn’t ask questions about (And then there’s the Type: Null…). In the age of information, nothing stays buried for long, and a more inquisitive character could make of that information what they would. Perhaps a character is sure Annie lightened their pockets before, and is out for revenge[break][break]

Frankenstein’s Pokémon – Annie has a Type: Null. It was created and obtained under circumstances that were suspect at best, and illegal at worst, so it’s no surprise that she’s hesitant to talk about its origins. Still, the Pokemon can attract attention, and not just because it’s the closest the Pokemon world has to a chimera. The number of its species in Hoenn is in the single digits, and attempts to scan it with a Pokedex throw up an error. Despite – or perhaps in spite – of its questionable origins, Annie is insistent on keeping the beast and showing it the affection every Camp Annie member deserves, so it often travels by her side. Threads surrounding the mystery of it are welcome! [break][break]

Got a house? Is it empty? Not anymore! Being homeless is great for roaming around, but every once in a while Annie will ‘just happen upon’ an empty house and sleep in a warm bed for the night. If it turns out to not be empty… Well, she’ll cross that bridge when she gets to it.[break][break]

Lorekeeper – A little invasion stopped Annie from getting much of an education, and she wasn’t exactly top of the class before that. Recent events have sparked an interest in the ‘gods’ of their world; the legendary beasts that walk amongst them. If your character happens to be an expert on them, then prepare for many, many questions. [break][break]

You know what’s better than having no money? Having one money! Annie’s happy to take on odd jobs as she travels the region, if it means her and her team get to eat well. This lends itself to taking on most missions, as well as helping whatever businesses will take a child on.[break][break]

A Stray in More Ways Than One – Annie has a job! It doesn’t pay, but it’s a start! Annie works the day shift at The Stray in exchange for that night’s stay in a room. If your character is ever in Rustboro and fancy a drink or meal, they might have the misfortune of being served by her. [break][break]

Missions Galore! Annie has attempted the following missions:
  • Fire Force
  • Wooloo Who Cry Wolf
  • The Great Hoenn Bake Off
  • How to Train Your Dragon
  • Stay Afloat
  • Pruning the Power Plant
  • A Whale of a Problem
  • The Agility and the Uproar
  • We Require More Minerals

I'm open to try almost all of the others, assuming that we have the requirements for completion between our characters!

[attr="class","annieplotbot"]

16 [attr="class","ion-heart"]
ASEXUAL [attr="class","ion-heart"]
FUTURE CHAMPION [attr="class","ion-heart"]
MAY BITE

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700]
[newclass=.annieplot]border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#232323;padding:19px;width:452px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.annieplot2]border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#333333;color:#999999;text-align:justify;font:10px Verdana;padding:35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.annieplotname]background-color:#272727;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;margin:-35px -35px 35px -35px;font:45px Roboto;line-height:35px;white-space:nowrap;text-transform:uppercase;padding:32px 35px;height:85px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.annieplotimg]float:left;border:solid 23px #999999;padding:2px;background-color:#272727;height:100px;width:100px;margin:-32px 35px 0px -35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.annieplotimg img]height:100px;width:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.annieplotlyric]font:bold 10px Roboto;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:0px;padding-top:7px;background-color:#272727[/newclass]
[newclass=.annieplotlyric i]font-size:9px;padding-right:8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.annieplot2 h1]border-top:solid 1px #232323;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;font:bold 12px Roboto;line-height:12px;padding:19px;margin:35px -35px 35px -35px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:right;color:#cccccc;[/newclass]
[newclass=.annieplot2 h1 b]float:left;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.annieplotbot]margin:35px -35px -35px -35px;border-top:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-align:center;padding:19px 0px;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.annieplotbot i]color:#999999;font-size:9px;padding:0px 10px;[/newclass]
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
Hold on don't look back, you know we're better, better than that
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
annie's plotter
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2019 1:45:28 GMT
evan fader Avatar
[attr="class","evantalk"]

about to jump in your open thread but I wanted to throw this out there for you because I feel that she and Evan could be a very fitting duo to throw around.

Evan is the owner and barkeep of a very old Tavern in Rustboro and it's name literally comes from it's history of taking in or being the home base for Strays and wanderers in the days of old before chain hotels became a thing you could find on any corner. While her age would prevent her from being allowed to interact with the bar or otherwise be present working while the bar is open she can help with cleaning, busing tables during the lunch and dinner hours or even doing errands and helping clean up the place in exchange for room and board as a general setting for them to know each other. She could have easily heard about the Stray while in Rustboro as it's very popular amongst the locals (especially the older crowd) or even come across it and upon seeing an "open vacancy" sign in the window decided to come in and ask about it and found out that the place does indeed have rooms.

With that as a basis for interaction I could see Evan hitting a lot of notes on your plots for her, Previously to owning the bar he was a wandering vagrant himself and he's roughed it since the age of 10 to such a degree he gets legit anxiety from being in the city too long. He could totally end up teaching her a thing or two about survival out in the wild and while he's not a famous trainer he's dabbbled in the brackets in the past while traveling and is better at it than he seems like he would be.

On the flip side, he's been in his own rough patches and might recognize the behaviors of thievery and may be able to be a bit of a positive influence on her in that regard. He's insanely understanding of how sometimes it's really just what a person has to do when they don't see any other potential options for themselves and they have to do something. He wouldn't condone it but he'd be understanding and simply try to steer her away from it by encouraging her to take advantage of the Stray always being there to have a place to go to instead.

Evan's also a mother hen and she's a kid and he dotes on the cute and excitable ones and is probably way better with kids than anyone expects lol.

[newclass=.evantalk b]color: #7d6484;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
annie's plotter
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2019 17:17:50 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar

I'm 100% down with this! A tavern made up of wanderers sounds like a lovely concept,
Annie could use a good mother hen in her life, and having him be able to relate is a big bonus. There's so many plots to spring out of this! The ideas have me excited.

I'd only ask if it'd be possible to have a thread of her being hired. Having a home to go back to, and a semi-permanent job, seems like something worth writing about (and I'd presume that finding another stray would be good for evan too)!
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
annie's plotter
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2019 14:45:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar

kinda sorta want these two to be in a mission where monty gets annoyed cause she's young and has all this spirit and it causes monty to recall when he was young and lacked that spirit, so he tries to be more open and like, idk, happy during the mission because he feels old around her and he hates it.

i think they'll learn from each other. monty will learn not to take everything so seriously and to have fun, while perhaps his trainer knowledge will rub off on her?

close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
Hold on don't look back, you know we're better, better than that
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
annie's plotter
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2019 20:14:19 GMT
evan fader Avatar
[attr="class","evantalk"]

totally willing to supply, it'll be a good starting point and we can see how they handle each other between her hiring + the social and run from there if that sounds good to you too.

p.s. I appreciate the super thug comments in your post omg

[newclass=.evantalk b]color: #7d6484;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
annie's plotter
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2019 23:32:53 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar

Aye! Here's hoping all goes well! (I almost put Level 27 thug but that seemed a bit too on the nose)

@monty
Did you say that somebody needs enthusiasm!? Annie's got that in spades! I haven't done most missions, so while I may not have the requirements for some, I can slot her into most situations with 'starving child needs money badly' as a reason (until she starts working for Evan!). hmu on Discord if you have any specific jobs in mind c:
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
annie's plotter
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2019 22:42:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
I think we may have jokingly mentioned having a "slumber party" with these two a little while back. I'm down for taking on the Slumber party mission (a la tent city/occupying an abandoned house) if you are?

Le'me know!

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
annie's plotter
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2019 22:59:06 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar

Ah yes, the alleged hobo party thread. I'm still down for doing this! I'm also very bad at turning down threads, however, and I have to say that I'm definitely too busy with those to make more soon. But the party shall happen! Soon™!
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
annie's plotter
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2019 8:22:45 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

Sounds like you're one Busy Betty (and I don't mean to overwhelm you or anything) but I'd like to throw my hat in the proverbial ring for future consideration. If you still have a need for a researcher-criminal type in her life, I think Remy could definitely fill that void to some extent. He's well-versed in Pokémon, having gone to the Hammerlocke University for years, but he's gotten in his fair share of shenanigans, too. Manipulation and rigging the conditions for personal victory are his expertise, though he's stolen before as well. He justifies these actions with his own moral code, and I wouldn't consider him nefarious or anything.

With his observant and calm personality as a contrast to her curt and boisterous one, I think the back and forth between them could prove to be fun to explore. If we need ideas for how they meet, Remy is currently doing extensive research in and around Meteor Falls that required him to build a 'secret base' of sorts to camp out in the wilderness. Maybe Annie stumbles across it, thinks it's abandoned, and sleeps there overnight? Remy could then come in the morning and it could result in a whole hubbub of a first meeting. He'll probably come off as a rich boy (which he pretty much is) and maybe this gives her the idea to discreetly try and rob him. He could catch her in the act but, rather than being angered over it, gives her pointers instead. Idk. Just an idea! 

Lmk if/when you'd like to explore that or if there are any other ideas you'd like to talk about! I'm an open book!
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
annie's plotter
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2020 1:05:52 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar

Plots are slowly driving Annie towards the light, and I really should have edited the plotter to reflect that before now. Still, I don't turn down plots because they're something I don't need! I just delay them because I can't seem to stop myself from being in 15 threads at a time

I'd still be down to thread with Remy once things start to ease up, and even run the plot you suggested! Annie has a bit of a hard time committing a crime against somebody she's actually spoken to, so you might not need to worry about your guy getting robbed blind by her (her Pokemon, on the other hand...). She's got no qualms about occupying his empty base, though. No bed is safe from Annie Mei.

So yes, I'm very happy to give that plot a go, but I might need a little bit to clear up some other threads!
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
annie's plotter
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2020 7:19:39 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

Oh! Sorry, I should have figured her circumstances had changed since then haha. But that sounds great! Thanks for entertaining me. ;w; You're obviously a great writer, so I'm not at all surprised you have like 15+ threads goin' on at any given time. Feel free to tag me whenever you're ready/you'd like! I might even have another handful of ideas for us by then, so it works out!
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
annie's plotter
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 22:51:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Maybe one day, Alec can show/ teach Annie a thing or two about Dragon types unless she already knows a thing or two about them. If that's the case, then maybe the two could duke it out perhaps? Alec also has a childish personality going on so these two can either be a really good team/friends or these two could butt heads alot because they are a lot alike in that regard. Either way, here is just a lil something for ya! ^^ if you wanna have these two meet ya know where to find me! ^^ <3

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
annie's plotter
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2020 15:04:47 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar

The bad news is that Annie has more than her fair share of dragon-types, and a fair bit of experience in training them to go with it. The good news is that that means that experience can be passed on! If I remember right, there’s at least one mission that revolves around dragon training/taming, so they could be a good starting point for the two to show their stuff.
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
annie's plotter
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2020 15:18:17 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar

Go ahead, if you've got the time! Ths mission is How to Train Your Dragon (The Year Beasts is also an option, though we'd have to be very quick to get the bonus Lucky Letters from it).