EXPRESS BOMB

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
EXPRESS BOMB
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2019 8:24:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wendy"]

[break][break]

oh. [break][break]

oh.[break][break]

o-oh no. ohhhh nononono. no. she didn't hear that right, right? please say it was just a bad dream; please say that gengar put her to sleep with hypnosis and was currently giving her some migraine-inducing nightmares. please say it isn't so. was she dreaming? she had to pinch herself real qui-- ouch! yup, she was definitely awake, which only made this even scarier. i mean.. he was a pretty big deal, right? if he were with the league, and one of the strongest trainers in hoenn, she was definitely screwed, right? like, the both of them were, right? there was no doubt about it. why?![break][break]

she tries her best to glance at the note and the food to divert her attention, but no cigar. thankfully, her partner in crime there had the mind to read aloud so she could properly process it. she lets it sink in. so they couldn't cheat? not even a peek under, and read the envelope? well.. she wasn't one to jump the gun to see what was underneath. if it were something from their target, then it'd be.. pretty dangerous, wouldn't it? she raises her hand to gently tug at 'patrick's' sleeve. "u-uhm.." she starts, narrowing her eyes to the envelope. [break][break]

"i'm n-not really hungry.." she admits, then cautiously looking around the booth. "d-do you guys think someone's watching us..?" she asks. it was an obvious answer, but her eyes were clearly looking for the where. when she can't find any hint of a peeper, she catches noah's gaze and her face flushes a hue of pink. she instinctively begins to twirl a lock of her hair. the sad thing was that he wasn't wrong-- but she wasn't going to admit it![break][break]

instead, she addresses that last part. "i-i agree! we should open it!"

[break][break]
tl;dr:[break]
- oh god he's in the e4 act natural--[break]
- mooing is natural right?[break]
- wendy.exe is rebooting pls wait[break]
- autopilot says just go w gavin and open the envelope

[break][break]

[newclass=.wendy] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.wendy b] color: #b58ae4; [/newclass]
[newclass=.wendy i] color: #adadad; font-style: italic; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
EXPRESS BOMB
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2019 9:25:24 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he smiles awkwardly at the train attendant before breaking down and pinching the bridge of his nose the moment he leaves. sometimes, he regrets his decision to accept the position. unwanted attention was one of the things he does not like.

he takes note of the reaction of both of them. out of the two, he finds patrick's to be more peculiar, though he guesses he remains calm for the sake of hannah. noah's compliment somehow feels natural despite the situation. he reddens, as with every praise he gets, and nudges him away with his arm in a friendly manner.

taking the envelope from patrick, he takes a quick read of it before lifting his head up to read everyone else's expressions.

"i guess we open it."

his shoulders give way to a shrug. he'd rather not do anything and simply have his mightyena out to check for explosives before acting on the message, but he can't think of an excuse to do it without sounding inconspicuous. the way he answered was the least obvious way to answer the question without their cover being blown.

with two votes to open it, and him choosing to abstain, he opens the envelope for the four of them.

tl;dr:
  • opens the envelope

close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
EXPRESS BOMB
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2019 3:47:16 GMT
cadis von klaussner Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]

EXPRESS BOMB

[attr="class","aname2"]

remnant event: you've got bombs!

[attr="class","ipad"]

[attr="class","freiwantpkmn"]

CLICK.

[break][break]
the lock upon their train cabin made a noise, a beep then followed. one could indicate that that wasn't a good sign--or perhaps it was? either way, as soon as tore the envelope open, the letter inside read:

[break][break]

trains are no different from falinks. they move in a straight line just like carts following the train's brass that guides them toward their destination. all it takes is one slight screw loose in their machine work to dismantle them one-by-one, cart-by-cart...i'd hold my breath if i were you.

to them it would sound like random gibberish. but it wasn't until gas began to deploy from the cabin's ventilation. the fog was white and held a strange odor to it, the odor was strong and produced an odoriferous scent strongly resembling burnt sugar. this was only the beginning of their problems! there was a loud screech emitting from the intercom! the sound would eventually come to a halt as a voice, one familiar to the video that was received, "ah, it's so nice of you all to join!" the voice spoke.

[break][break]
if were to look around a bit more. she'd notice that in a corner of the room, though not too noticeable at first, that a camera would come to reveal itself. "hey, hey!" the lens of the camera shifted, zooming in and eyeing . "what the--...you're not ?!" he was hoping to meet the woman of his dreams. this was a bummer! "whatever, you won't survive this anyway! besides, you league bastards didn't bring the love of my life to me." he was so angry, "you turd boogers can just go ahead and die for all i care!" shouting into the mic, he'd calm himself.

[break][break]

"it's okay..." his tone returned to its natural state, "sorry about that, hehe! let me just say that i'm a fair guy, you gotta understand that i was really lookin' forward to meeting that stunnin' beauty." a disappointed sigh escaped his maw, "that's alright, maybe you guys entertaining me for a bit will cheer me up." oh, wait, he just noticed the time. it's been a minute and he's already wasted enough for them.

[break][break]

"you lot are currently locked inside this room, and also this entire cart." a clock was casually over their heads so they could see the time ticking. "you've got...eight minutes UNTIL THE GAS TAKES FULL EFFECT!" this didn't prove easy, "every TWO MINUTES you'll feel something, and it only gets worse as two minutes pass, speaking of which..." the long hand moved, "it's been TWO MINUTES, you guys should start feeling something right about..." he'd pause, "now!"

[break][break]

if he were correct their sight would begin to feel blurry, this would mean that the gas was working. "you've got 8 minutes before you meet an unpleasant end. you better find a way out and fast, if you don't get out of this cart you're as good as dead, till next time you league shits!" the transmission ceased and the gas continued to fill the room.

[break][break]

how would the group choose to proceed?

[break][break]

[attr="class","ihead"]GUIDELINES
[break][break]

below are several guidelines and notes you must follow and consider for the mission event. please pm LIGHT if you have any other questions. these guidelines will be trimmed or omitted for future mod posts in this event.
[break][break]

• tag: , , , and !
  • please include a tl;dr.
  • please try to post for every round of posting. if you miss a few rounds of posting, that is no issue. however, depending on the mod post, the mod may determine what happens to your character should you miss the round.
  • missing too many rounds will result in lesser rewards or no rewards.
  • please TAG LIGHT on discord or @ CADIS once you've all made your post!
  • notes: the door to exit your cabinet is locked, a gas has entered and started to fill the room! every two minutes ( each mod post ) you will be inflicted with a new ailment from the gas, find a way to open that door and fast!

[googlefont=Montserrat]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
EXPRESS BOMB
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2019 5:58:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wendy"]

[break][break]

the camera was suddenly on her, and her first instinct was to quietly squee and clutch onto the sleeve of 'patrick'. it was.. unsettling. there was a camera staring at her, for gods sake! if it weren't already creepy enough, she could hear a voice that came through - presumably from the person on the other side of the camera. being called out like this just made her want to curl up in a ditch and cry! i-it wasn't her fault that she wasn't this-- this bailey person! th-that was rude to say! it was rude! [break][break]

but of course, she didn't have the spine and retort. instead, she was left quietly cowering in their cabin on the train. it wasn't until he mentioned the gas that her attention finally snapped in place and - thank arceus - that she was widely knowledgable in medicine and poisons. after all; she's dealt with them countless times in the past. but.. she doesn't know how long the gas has been released, nor does she know what kind of gas nor the potency. [break][break]

this was bad, wasn't it? [break][break]

like.. this was really bad, wasn't it?! she didn't know anything about whatever was being released into the cabin! she was assuming it was something mild, if it had to take that long to take effect. she glances around, expecting to find a window--.. argh! they only had eight minutes, didn't they? even if the couldn't think of anything right now because of the gas, it'd be best to slow it down, wouldn't it? as she tried to think, she could feel herself getting slightly light-headed-- that was never a good sign. [break][break]

she quickly lets go of gavin's sleeve, reaching into the bag of hers to pull out a large pouch. she opens it up like a large book in her lap, and there were numerous medical supplies in the kit. among it, were two surgical masks that were separately wrapped up in plastic. she pulls them both out and hands one to gavin. "p-patrick, here. this will hopefully slow the gas down.." she says, beginning to put her own mask on. she gives both noah and kyle an apologetic look as she hooks the mask onto her face. "i'm sorry, i only have these two.." she admits. though, that doesn't stop her from rummaging through to hopefully find something. "cover your mouth and nose with a cloth. a-anything will do." [break][break]

she reaches into her bag again, now pulling out two pokeballs. one of a pumpkaboo, and the other letting out a larger gengar. "n-neuroma, please try and open the door from the outside. i-if you can't, come back in here as soon as possible," then she turns to the pumpkaboo "a-and amygdala, please use worry seed. i-i don't know if it works on humans..? b-but it would be bad if the gas put us to sleep.."

[break][break]
- opens up the bag and pulls out her first aid kit and two surgical masks; passes a mask to [break]
- apologizes to kyle and noah for not having enough[break]
- sends out pumpkaboo and gengar[break]
- gengar phases through the door to try and open from the outside[break]
- pumpkaboo tries to use worry seed on the four to keep them awake

[break][break]

[newclass=.wendy] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
EXPRESS BOMB
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2019 8:07:22 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gavin"]

Gavin's not exactly sure how comfortable he is having an Elite Four sitting across him with a damn knife in his hand, but the situation shifts to offer far more dire consequences than an armed League official. They were being lumped in with the League; they had grouped with the crows, and they would live or die alongside their flock.

Great.

On the surface, he stays calm. Wendy clings to him as if to shield herself from the camera, and Gavin does not cringe or scoff or brush her aside. He will be their anchor, the better to keep them all from drifting.

His vision starts to blur, a nauseating effect.

"Stay calm, everyone." He stands up, fingers fiddling with the clasp on his briefcase. He's interrupted by Wendy's offer of a surgical mask. It's a surprising display of confidence from the girl, and he reconsiders his harsh opinions of her ever-so-slightly as he pulls it over his mouth and nose. Even more so when she releases her Pokemon, and her suggestions are good ones. He squeezes her shoulder in a surprisingly supportive gesture. "Thank you, Hannah. Good thinking."

The briefcase is opened on the seat he'd just vacated, and five Pokeballs sit in customized grooves with stacks of 'business paperwork' underneath them. He selects one and released a Lucario into the limited space, the dual-type slamming its fists together.

"Lucario, handle that window." He gestures to their view of the outside, the blurred scenery made even more warped by the effects of the gas. His stomach turns, but Gavin persists. "Everyone take cover. Metal Claw."

With a rippling growl, Lucario hops up onto the seats to get a better position before his paw becomes a fist of metal claws that slam into the center of the window with extreme speed.

tl;dr:
- it's them and the league against the threat of death, so it's time to live or die as a team
- thanks 'hannah' for the mask, surprised by her competence
- sends out lucario!
- lucario tries to break the window with metal claw/extremespeed (if only one move is allowed, just metal claw!)

[newclass=.gavin] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gavin b] color: #da6c79; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gavin i] color: #da6c79; font-style: italic; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
EXPRESS BOMB
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2019 15:50:23 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
a safeguard mon! how can he forget to bring one in a mission such as this?

kyle bites his lip in irritation, watching as the two civilians with them act quickly and responsibly amid the situation. he starts to get lightheaded, but the worry seed helps him keep himself alert.

"rotom!" the pokemon leaves the phone it inhabits and lets it fall with gravity. kyle catches it with a hand while the other drags the hem of his shirt's collar towards his orifice. "disable the locks!"

the rotom quickly zooms in to the train's doors, jury-rigging the lock when it possessed its electronic components. hopefully, the rotom manages to disable it, but with the seconds ticking down on them, kyle does not have a moment to spare sitting and watching it do its job. instead, he moves on to the next thing on his checklist.

the knife that opened the envelope is shoved to his pocket while the phone at his hand is chucked at the camera, attempting to break it to stop any further spying from the other side. he quickly turns to noah to give a command, still somehow associating him with one of his mightyena.

"noah, find an emergency brake." he turns to both hannah and patrick afterwards. the commanding voice turns to the earlier tone -- deadpan neutral. "i'm sorry about the situation. i'll try to get you to your destination safe."

kyle goes to pick up the phone he threw right afterwards. the casing kept the device intact at least.

tl;dr:
  • releases his rotom from his phone.
  • rotom tries to disable the room's lock
  • breaks the camera with his phone
  • talks to everyone
  • picks up his phone

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
EXPRESS BOMB
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2020 7:50:22 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah sees wendy recoil from the lively lens of their fly on the wall. he bares his fangs, his teeth clenched together as if walling that incessant voice from entering his throat. flaring up, noah springs a middle finger at the camera.

"eat my ass, you coward! what self-respecting adult calls someone else a turd booger anyway?!"

his defiant finger begins to blur and shift, its shape losing lines in favor for blended colors. he withdraws it swiftly like the first tuft of smoke from an extinguished wick.

"thanks for the advice," noah says to "hannah" as worry seeds settle on his skin. he turns to kyle, and with a bright-eyed obedience, springs into action.

as "patrick" and kyle immediately launch themselves into heroics—to which noah is enraptured by momentarily—noah's "action" is underscored by subtlety. he pulls the collar of his shirt over his nose and mouth as he wanders through the aisle in search for an emergency brake.

with his free hand, noah calls out his unfezant. the bird spreads its wings, cawing as its red ribbons lash out brilliantly. coughing, noah shouts, "if we get something-- hh- open, i can get butler here to blow the gas away."

for the time being, noah instructs his unfezant to DETECT for anything of potential use or significance, including the emergency brake of their death car.

tl;dr:
- flips the bird at this gassy binch!!
- pulls shirt over his nose & mouth
- calls out his unfezant (bird), and uses "detect" move creatively to see if they can find anything of significance/use, including a possible passenger's emergency brake for the train.

close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
EXPRESS BOMB
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2020 19:15:41 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]

EXPRESS BOMB

[attr="class","aname2"]

[attr="class","ipad"]

with quick thinking from 's (hannah) WORRY SEED issuance, the possibility of falling asleep was next to near impossible. any potential sign of drowsiness was now null and void. little did they know that was only one of many effects to come. next up was 's UNFEZENT, with the aid of DETECT it would come to discover that there was no emergency break to be found within their box, but it did uncover something else. there was something underneath the ignored silver platter atop of the cart that was brought in. had it chosen to knock the top of the platter off, the group would come to find one GAS MASK that could be used by one of the four.

[break][break]

LUCARIO'S speedy strikes from the usage of metal claw proved to be ineffective, there were barely any signs of weathering or marks upon the reinforced windows. GENGAR'S attempt to unlock the door from outside proved ineffective as well, but that wasn't all. had the ghost-type chosen to take notice, they would come to see the attendant from earlier laying upon the ground unconscious.

[break][break]

with success, 's ROTOM invaded the door's electrical system and was able to shift the door from "locked" to "unlocked"! the door would slide open, but our heroes weren't out of danger just yet. the moment the four attempted to step outside of the room, they'd come to discover the entire cart has been covered with gas. as for GENGAR'S earlier discovery, the group would come to find the attendant from earlier unconscious underneath the fog.

[break][break]

noise, once more, emitted from the train cart's intercoms, "that wasn't very nice, ." having broken one of the cameras, that didn't seem to sit well with their target. "now i need to penalize you all!" not long after his statement, the cart shook causing all to lose their balance momentarily. once their equilibrium returned, they would be able to go toward the train cart's door upfront and open it, which would allow them the ability to release the gas within their cart.

[break][break]

should they do that, the group would come to see that their train cart has been severed from the main train right after. of course their cart still possessed proper momentum, but it would soon slow down eventually. time was of the essence and they needed to figure out how to get back onto the main train.

[break][break]

if the group was to look carefully from their position they would be able to see someone standing atop of the main train. it was their target wearing what looked to be a gas mask over their face and a communication device within the palm of their hand. beside them was a HERACROSS, ROTOM, and PINSIR. it was best to assume one of the trio pokemon severed their cart from the main train.

[break][break]

"if i were you all i'd figure out how to get back on this train before you're not able to catch up anymore." laughter was heard, "and if you're worried if they're are any other passengers, don't...it's just you all, that annoying attendant, and..." he'd tap the chin of his gas mask, "a couple of modified electrodes and voltorbs somewhere on the back of that place. you probably wonder what i mean by 'modified', lemme tell ya..." snickering he'd try his best to get out his next words, "...they're full of really bad shit that'll make the average 'explosion' or 'self-destruct' look like child's play. you all don't have a lot of time so..." checking his watch, he'd turn his back on the group. walking off to get back inside, he'd say, "you better find a way to get back on this train. i've got some more fun stuff waiting to happen--that is if you survive the explosion to come. if you make me wait any longer i might get bored and accidentally start blowin' some shit up."

[break][break]

and like that he was gone. leaving the four to figure out a way to get themselves and the attendant, if they chose to bring him along, off of the severed cart and back onto the main! just how would they go about this?

[break][break]

[break][break]

below are several guidelines and notes you must follow and consider for the mission event. please pm LIGHT if you have any other questions. these guidelines will be trimmed or omitted for future mod posts in this event.
[break][break]

• please try to post for every round of posting. if you miss a few rounds of posting, that is no issue. however, depending on the mod post, the mod may determine what happens to your character should you miss the round.
  • please TAG LIGHT on discord or @ CADIS when you've chosen your answer! take as long as you need, but not too long! conduct a discussion for as long as it's needed icly, when you're ready just tag me and this account!
  • notes: thanks to you were able to get out of your room! but due to breaking the camera, the train cart the four of you are on has been severed from the train. if you open the door at the front you'll release all the gas inside of your train cart. your new goal is to figure out a way to get yourselves and the attendant from earlier back onto the main train before the cart loses its momentum and you all die within a fiery, horrible explosion. if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to message me!!

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
EXPRESS BOMB
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2020 6:47:21 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gavin"]

Lucario's claws scrabble uselessly at the window, even as their tips shine like steel. Gavin curses under his breath, already formulating another plan.

Unfortunately, their adversary appears to be one step — or several — ahead.

The car trembles around them, and Gavin braces himself against the nearest chair until it dies down and he can regain his footing. Stumbling to the unlocked door, he pushes it open... and feels his stomach drop.

"We're cut off from the rest of the train." He manages to remain placid on the outside, but his heart hammers hard in his throat and loud in his ears. Fresh air is cold in his throat, refreshing, but hardly a comfort. "If we don't—"

He quiets as he spots the man standing atop the train. His features slip into a scowl, and he listens to the taunts with clenched teeth, already retrieving a pokeball from his belt. Like hell he was going to just stand there and watch as the gap between their carts widened!

He returns his Lucario only to send the dual-type's ball arcing toward the top of the train cart ahead.

He's already forgotten about the unconscious attendant. His priorities are the mission he'd been given, and he intends to complete it.

Backing up to get a running start, Gavin leaps toward the train ahead and grasps for any purchase. Lucario aids his trainer with the use of his extreme speed, bracing itself and attempting to act as an anchor.

tl;dr:
- opens the door, therefore venting the gas
- ignores the unconscious man b/c priorities
- returns lucario/sends it out on top of the main train
- running leap to try and grab on to the train/lucario will help him up with the aid of extremespeed
- THIS IS ALL ASSUMING THE GAP ISN'T VERY BIG YET

[newclass=.gavin] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gavin b] color: #da6c79; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gavin i] color: #da6c79; font-style: italic; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
EXPRESS BOMB
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 0:47:17 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah's unfezant squawks after smashing the cloche off. while spreading its wings, the unfezant alerts its trainer of what it has discovered. noah slows his breath. the collar still tugged over his mouth, he grabs the gas mask.

first, noah debates giving it to - but remembering 's trembling demeanour, he offers it to her.

"here," noah coughs, "take it. quick." he flaps the mask, its rubbery texture warbling in the air as he shakes it toward her.

their car lurches. as noah stumbles, he grabs onto for support. their villain's voice grates against his ears and drills anger with heated nails.

he looks to , and then follows his gaze to the man atop the train. noah calls out his machamp as their car begins to slow. without a word, noah alerts his machamp to the unconscious attendant.

"use my machamp," noah grits his teeth, letting go of his collar, "if you don't have anything else."

he leaps into the air, his unfezant arcing ahead to follow 's EXTREMESPEEDING lucario. with a practiced grunt, his machamp catches noah's leg. he spins him once like a discus and hurls him toward the main train. he has trained for this moment.

tl;dr:
- gives gas mask to wendy
- unfezant follows gavin across
- calls out machamp and machamp throws him toward main train
- offers machamp to others if they don't have anything else
- machamp will throw unconscious attendant toward noah if no one else helps the poor guy!

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
EXPRESS BOMB
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2020 15:48:15 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the rotom returns to kyle's phone and starts to hover around him. he exits the room, finds their target on top of the train, and starts to judge him with how cliched the entire setup of the setting is.

kyle clicks his tongue after the speech. one problem after the other starts to stack. he eyes the attendant, and then the entire section of the train they were in. he can't let him destroy public property.

"claydol!" he exclaims as he releases the pokemon, "imprison."

he had to come prepared, and his claydol checked multiple counters for anything that may come for them, pokemon-induced explosions being a major example. the psychic-type materializes and then releases a some sort of field around him, preventing the use of the moves it has.

grabbing his rotom phone and stuffing it to his pocket, he quickly moves to carry the unconscious attendant on his back. there's no way he lets noah's machamp just throw him like a ragdoll. he turns to hannah. "i'm teleporting. do you wanna come with me?"

the imprison may have been effective for now, but kyle can't deny the possibility of other traps. going as a group may have been better for now.

once hannah gives an answer, kyle and his claydol teleports towards the next section of the train.

tl;dr:
  • releases claydol
  • claydol uses imprison to disable explosions
  • carries the attendant on his back
  • teleports to the next train

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
EXPRESS BOMB
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 1:14:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wendy"]

[break][break]

ah, stupid wendy. [break][break]

on one hand, she was glad that they were all able to make it out on time. on the other hand, she was still on edge as to what was going on. wasn't it supposed to be an easy search and detain mission? she was told that this would be an easy way to get something from team rocket (and so that she wouldn't get scolded by her father for a good week or two. a free pass to little to no nagging). on a third, mutant hand, she didn't hear about possibly getting blown up on the job posting! at all! was her father trying to kill her?! stupid question. of course he was. why else would he try to push her into doing something so dangerous, here? stupid, stupid wendy. [break][break]

just when she thought she did something to help, and she was actually starting to feel better! oh, woe was her, of course. unfortunately, the moment of churning panic only spikes seeing a man lay unconscious on the ground - appearing to be the man who served them this stuff to begin with. the young nurse is frazzled, quickly grabbing hold of her kit and lowering herself to her knees. her first reaction is to pull up his hand and chuck his wrist. the young woman presses two fingers to properly get a feel for his pulse and... okay. he was a alive, but she didn't know if anything was put into the poor guy to knock him out. she didn't see any physical bruises or signs of assault, but that was probably because she was too busy bumbling around in her head to do a proper examination. [break][break]

"he's still knocked out. i-i don't know if it's from chemicals in his system, or physical assault, though.." she trails off. ah, she felt worthless now. with the gas mask that was handed to her, she tries to shake her head and her hands. after all, she already had the surgical mask on her. he probably needed it, way more than she did. but she still didn't know how to say no, and so she reluctantly and sheepishly accepts the gas mask from 's hands. she's quick to replace it with her surgical mask, and that's when she tries to hold it out towards him. "u-use the other side of this, please. i-i feel terrible for taking this to begin with.." her eyes gleam over, like she were about to cry from the guilt. [break][break]

both gavin and noah seemed to have their own ways to keep themselves from dying in the train, whereas she was left with a gengar and pumpkaboo trying to figure out how to get out of this. wendy shakes her head to the two pokemon, and hangs her head with the gas mask on her face. "you did your best.." she smiles, slightly, under the rubbery mask. her hand reaches to recall the two pokemon, and back into safety. [break][break]

now the last person seemed to be kyle, asides from the machamp that noah offered. he picked up the man and offered a teleport. needless to say, she accepted. there was no way she was going to be able to get out o this on her own. wendy nods while she gets herself back on her feet to approach him and the claydol - albeit, with the slightest bit more anxiety (because one, he's a guy. two, because he's in the elite four. god she was hopeless). she clutches onto her medical kit, however, because there was no way she was going to leave it behind. still, she hung her head low as her fingers tighten around the handle. "i-i'm sorry.." she mumbles, before their teleportation.

[break][break]
- glad she did a good[break]
- lowkey panicking and shows concern for the man on the ground; checks for a pulse. bless, he's alive. [break]
- reluctantly takes the gas mask; how do you say no. gives noah her surgical mask and tells him to put on the other side.[break]
- recalls gengar and pumpkaboo[break]
- accepts the teleport[break]
- apologizing for being useless this round

[break][break]

close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
EXPRESS BOMB
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2020 20:26:50 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]

EXPRESS BOMB

[attr="class","aname2"]

[attr="class","ipad"]

there was success in this odd group. once they were off the dangerous cart, an explosion would occur the moment claydol was no longer in the area. they were safe!

sadly, things would turn out bad for our friend . 's life had foolishly almost been taken had it not been for the lucario's EXTREMESPEED. upon successfully grabbing and hoisting him onto the top of the train. as the two took their time to gather themselves, from behind the lucario would come to be ensared by the nap of its neck. 's pokemon would come to be captured by pinsir's VICE GRIP! the pinsir seemed to have returned to take care of the rocket grunt and his troublesome partner lucario. had work to do.

[break][break]

as for the trio hanging outside of the train cart's backdoor with their respective pokemon. the assailant they were chasing was nowhere to be found, all except for a rotom. the rotom would come to meet the group in front of the unopened electrical door that kept them separated from each other. the rotom simply hovered in front of the window staring at the four and their pokemon.

it would lock the door and, nonchalantly, floated away after.

what would the group do? unlocking the door would prove a simple feat for them, it's not like they haven't done already? but could doing that lead to their next trial...

[break][break]
[break][break]

[break][break]

• please TAG LIGHT on discord or @ CADIS when you've chosen your answer! take as long as you need, but not too long! conduct a discussion for as long as it's needed icly, when you're ready just tag me or this account!
  • notes: [break][break]

- and lucario are currently in battle with a pinsir![break]
    - everyone made it safely over but encountered a strange rotom! it would lock the door leaving the four of you, technically five, outside. what will you do?

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
EXPRESS BOMB
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2020 21:36:27 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","rocket"]

His leap of faith brings with it the adrenaline spike of the largest drop of a rollercoaster. For a moment, he is airborne, and has that mere moment to consider that he might fall short, that he might slip, that he might die—[break][break]

—but his trust in Lucario is founded on years of partnership, and the aura Pokemon snags him by the arm and helps him clamber on top of the cart. The scientist allows himself a second to breathe in the aftermath of danger, adjusting the glasses now askew on his face. His head spins with the excess energy and he finds himself laughing with the sheer relief.[break][break]

Laughter dies in his throat the moment his Lucario is threatened. Gavin is quick to act: Crobat's pokeball is already in his hand before he's truly registered the intent to send it out, and he whistles sharply and directs the four-winged creature toward its prey.[break][break]

Crobat dives, attempting to sink poisonous fangs into the Pinsir and batter it with a series of wing attacks. Lucario's metal claws reach up and attempt to pry apart the pincers slowly robbing it of air.[break][break]

"You all right down there?" Gavin calls to his companions, having been too distracted by the danger to his partner to see if they'd made it across. The wind clutches at his words, but he'd yelled it loud. Genuine anger threads his tone. "This fucking bug's got my Lucario but I'll join you once we've finished it!"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]tldr:[break]
gavin makes it across the train and is relieved.jpg[break]
sends out his crobat to aid lucario with the pinsir[break]
crobat uses poison fang and wing attack[break]
lucario uses metal claw in an attempt to grip the pinsirs holding it and pry them apart[break]
gav calls to the others to see if they're ok

[attr="class","tag"] [attr="class","tag"] [attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
EXPRESS BOMB
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2020 2:38:54 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
they blink back to a locked room. "you're a civilian. no need to say sorry for being caught up in this," he reassures hannah.

"claydol, another imprison. hotel, embargo."

the claydol assumes the same move it used on the previous car and locks the entire place from using explosion, in case their target has traps all over the place again with his specially trained pokemon.

kyle releases a mightyena that he has trained for situations such as this, geared for more practical usage rather than combat. the pokemon barks as he uses the move, disabling most objects from activating, just in case bailey's secret admirer has more than just his pokemon for explosives.

he turns to noah and hannah behind him. "get ready, uh, just in case." he turns to his rotom, who inhibited his phone during the jump. "unlock it," he orders it.

kyle trusts noah to take defense for whatever's in the next room. while he worries for patrick, who wasn't with them, kyle knows acting rashly against someone who has revealed to set up traps all over the place was a bad idea.

tl;dr:
  • releases mightyena
  • claydol uses imprison to disable explosions
  • mightyena uses embargo in case of actual explosives
  • unlocks the door with rotom