6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
qk
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 6:53:09 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"see, this is what i meant." the seriousness fades into a slight smile. "i don't know how, but everything you say makes me happy."

he feels as if a certain weight has been lifted off of his chest after hearing his insecurities get the answers they need. a heavy breath of relief comes out of kyle, carelessly directing it to noah's face.

"but my position basically means i get money without doing anything. that's, like, the dream job."

his arms locate themselves beside noah's head, framing his expression for kyle to concentrate on. the smile, the snickering, the stare of content he shows as it reflects on him... it gets contagious that kyle regrets looking at him.

"i wanna stay with you forever and ever and..." he brings a finger to his face, tracing noah's jawline. "can we even feed like fifty dogs without my job between the two of us?" he humors.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
qk
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 7:21:34 GMT
noah faber Avatar

the concept is foreign to him. sometimes he forgets kyle is set for life. the luxuries afforded to the elite four seem invisible; everything melts away behind wagging tails and time spent together. on second thought, noah realizes it only makes sense. the man above him had done away with rocket. a bonafide hero.

the fact makes him blush. his boyish face assumes a demure demeanour, caught between the arms of his lover. noah's chin lifts to allow him better access to his jaw- and to show the pink fresco blush spreading unabashedly on his skin.

"then stay with me forever, man... please?" noah says. his eyes plead for a kiss, the distance unbearable between them. "we can ask the league for a puppy pension, ok? if i can kiss your ass that much, i can kiss the league's ass enough to give us that at least."

he winks.

"i'm good at it anyway."

/ monkas

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
qk
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 8:17:33 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"that's not how it works," he responds with a chuckle.

the laughter ends and he is left looking at noah. the stare lasts for a second long before kyle breaks the stagnation with his fingers moving at the bottom of noah's chin, tilting it upwards so their lips meet. contact is left for a few whole seconds before he breaks away.

"i-i'm sorry. it's just that you keep mentioning it, and it looks like you were wanting for it and..."

he starts to get flustered, his hues starting to redden more than what inebriation has done already. kyle looks away for a moment, face contorting to an uncomfortable awkwardness. this wasn't the first time, but the honeymoon phase of his crush still has not ended. the sugar still dyes every honeyed moment.

his throat shows the evident movement from a swallow. the realization that they were alone comes. nervousness fades as he sees noah's features. everything in his head is cleared for a moment.

kyle moves in for a second kiss.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
qk
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 8:55:42 GMT
noah faber Avatar

each kiss continues past their respective ends. they set noah alight like a housefire. one that rages through every hall, every room and chamber of his body with a sunset glow. even the vaguest second is enough to draw such flame- but it's not enough for noah to bear. he has never enjoyed kissing this much.

"see?" noah breathes, sucking in air to kindle his hearth. if one should look closely, they would be able to see the cinders fluttering from his lips. "you already know when i want them."

noah matches kyle's fervor. he breathes fire into the other's mouth, gripping the other's shirt. the other still tastes of alcohol. he searches for more, the slow kiss humming gently against the other's tongue.

that same kiss rolls into another. and another. noah does not dare break away. it's a maneuver made impossible by the fullness of his heart.

but the need for air triumphs. kyle leaves him gasping, his dried hair a dark nest sprawled on the pillow.

"does it matter if you're not good with words," noah's hands fall as weak shapes from kyle's wrinkled shirt, "if you're good with kisses?"

/ monkas
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
qk
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 9:34:24 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"but i wanna let you know how i feel."

his answer mirrors noah's earlier statement.

kyle stops for a moment. he contemplates on his words. there always was something that keeps on eating him up from the inside whenever noah prompts the question. he wants to say yes, but he cannot, on good conscience, tell noah of his answer until he gets to know the reason why he keeps on holding off.

"noah?"
he calls his name.

he suddenly feels hot from a different reason other than their kiss. his heart rate fastens and he gets nervous. he looks at noah meekly, eyeing him carefully as if he knows he's making the wrong decision. playing safe was his game, and this was the opposite of it.

"will you still stay with me forever if..."

there was a moment of hesitation, in case he wants to back out. regardless, he steels himself for what comes next. he survived an awkward situation similar to this once. he tests if he can do it a second time.

"...if i tell you how you won me over easily?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
qk
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 9:56:51 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"yeah?"

noah responds to his name dreamily. he's unaware of the melodrama: the intrusive current of thoughts kyle draws from the hot waters of a bathhouse, and a late summer's memory. instead, he takes the bait. his own name precedes more voice.

he expects something sweet. with kyle's tongue loosened by liquor and kisses, noah drinks in his honesty for all of its sugar.

"okay. tell me." noah speaks, already planning on kissing the answer away to tuck it under his tongue. like some guarded pearl or some soft secret. "how did i win kyle lopez over, huh?"

/ monkas
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
qk
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 10:07:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he feels a lump on his throat. a certain feeling stops him from saying what he was about to say.

"i-i've always wanted to say yes to your favorite question," he prefaces, "but..."

there only was one question that noah kept on repeating almost every day, and every time he does, kyle makes himself vague or shifts the topic to someone else. as someone who takes himself into priority, making it clear was an obvious choice.

then again, priorities change when certain people enter one's life.

kyle shifts his eye to the side, not knowing how the reception was going to end. silently, he hopes he's just thinking too much into it and that noah's cheerful voice would just shrug it off and everything returns to normal. his hand escapes noah's chin as it grips on the sheets on noah's side hard.

eventually, his lips loosen up and he decides to just get it over with.

"...i'm not sure how you'd feel being in a relationship that started with you being a rebound."

he grits his teeth, biting his lip in frustration as he braces for noah's reaction.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
qk
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 10:21:44 GMT
noah faber Avatar

and in that instance, everything clicks into place. the cliche of puzzle pieces holds true- but the full picture is less ideal than noah had thought. the printed cardboard is peeling. the tabs are bent.

noah recalls his asking. his urging. the pictures. the way kyle squeezed his temples and glared when he cried.

"i... was a rebound?" noah repeats. he feels more naked than he already is. suddenly, he's cold. "is this still a rebound?"

he swallows his tongue.

"so the outpost was just that, huh?" there's no accusation in his voice. just cold acknowledgement like that night's snow.

/ monkas

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
qk
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 10:37:02 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
everything noah built in kyle's confidence crumbles all of a sudden. his confusion becomes as apparent as noah's. he's uncertain of what to say, but he lets his mouth run, hoping that somehow, the right words will come out.

"i-i don't know. i never had relationships before. i don't know where it starts and where it ends, and i know that's not an excuse and..."

his hand grasp his head as he moves away from noah, sitting at the edge of the bed and giving noah the space that kyle thinks he needs. he crumples himself, leaning forward so that his torso curls into a ball. suddenly, he feels defensive.

in the middle of his moment of weakness, he turns to noah. the temptation to hold him was present, but fear of getting rejected comes over him. if a negative response comes from this, he'd rather not risk letting himself near noah, unsure of what he'll do at the heat of the moment.

"if... if i say no, would you believe it?" kyle wouldn't normally, as skeptical as he is. "c-cause i don't like this feeling... and you're the only one who made me feel this way before..."

being left alone never made kyle tremble before until now.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
qk
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 11:02:41 GMT
noah faber Avatar

as kyle withdraws, the space allows noah to sit upright. he's confined no longer- but the liberation is no comfort. it only provides more ground for uncertainty.

noah watches kyle curl up like some injured bug. he finds himself doing the same. bare legs push up against his chest as he breathes anguish on to his knees. his chin rests there as he thinks.

"are you sure i'm the only one?" noah croaks. "you said i'm the rebound. there's another person," he grabs his forsaken towel and squeezes it tight with both hands.

"when you want to stay together with me, do you really mean it? 'cause that's what rebounds are, kyle. in rebounds, you still feel for the other person- and you probably still do. "

noah sniffles, but he clears his throat to mask his sounds. he sobers up a little- but it's the quiet before the plunge.

"and that's okay. you can use me until you get over them, okay?" he begins to sob into his towel. "cause... i'm your biggest fan, and i just wanna see you happy in the end, yeah?"

/ monkas

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
qk
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 11:24:07 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"y-yeah but it's impossible for me." he sinks his head in between his knees as his legs prop up on the bed's frame. "and i give up easy. you know that. the chance of that happening is gonezo. nada. zilch." kyle starts to mumble with his head buried. "and then you came and made everything feel better. it makes me feel guilty, though, so i'm 'fessing up right now."

the sobbing is heard, and kyle gets his face away from noah because he doesn't want to see him in the same predicament. every emotion noah shows affects kyle, even with or without the influence of alcohol. he starts to sob as well, though he manages to hide them better than noah.

he is ready to bear the brunt of the hatred that comes afterwards, but kyle is quick to point out the illogical things from noah's statement. "why would you still be a fan after this?" he asks, turning around just to see noah's huddled figure.

pain starts to swell in his chest. the sight of his source of energy and good vibes being down hurts him. the reckless nature of inebriation gets him to blurt out the first suggestion that comes to mind.

"i feel horrible and i wanna be held. do you wanna be held too?"

kyle opens his arms for a hug.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
qk
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 11:44:31 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"'cause i'm in too deep, man."

irreversible. the point of no return.

noah warbles under his breath. the wet towel falls from his knees. he doesn't elaborate further. his dry throat makes it difficult to speak. with eyes rubbed pink, he peers over at the subtle shape of his sobbing partner.

he hesitates, but concedes to kyle's invitation. for despite everything, noah still loves him. an undying loyalty keeps him from leaving- but the ache pulses still.

noah crawls into kyle's arms. he hugs him back with the entire weight of his body. every muscle urges against kyle's as he wraps himself around him as if in need of rescue. with a sniffle, noah rests his chin on the other's shoulder. he stays there for a long while. no words. just silence. the warmth of their bodies and the sobering milk of their tears.

"kyle," noah whispers, eyes in lunate sweeps above wary lips, "if you want me to stay, just answer my question... my favourite one. i've been waiting long enough."

/ monkas

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
qk
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 12:01:12 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
despite the ugliness of his watery eyes and runny nose, a glint of joy lightens up his expression with his response to his invitation.

"if you'll still take me after all that, then i'm yours." kyle breaks free from the hug. both of his hands move to each side of noah's face, letting the warmth of his palms do what each of noah's touch do for him. "and you're mine."

the joy on his expression can't be denied.

"i owe you so much, you know that, right?" he returns to hug him with a force rivaling noah's. he wants to hold him closer more than ever, greediness not wanting to let go of the object of his affection. still, he pulls back, if only to see his face. "if there's anyone who has to decide whether our thing should continue, it shouldn't be me."

everything that made things work was noah. the credit to the success of their friendship up to whatever developed from it goes to him. kyle tries to think of his part on it, but regardless, it still majorly skews towards noah's direction.

"noah, are we making this official? i won't hold this against you if you say no. at least, for the first time, you're the heart breaker and not the heart breakee."

despite the cheerful tone and the humor behind his words, kyle's pessimism still bleeds through, wishing for noah to be there to correct him and give him the words of support he always craves for.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
qk
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 20:32:07 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah mulls upon whether he's making a mistake or not. mulls as much as he can, for the time taken to think runs in shallow waters. he's impatient. always running by the pulse of his impulses, and despite the root of kyle's initial yielding to him, noah's too greedy to protect himself. for he has heard once upon a time that to love someone deeply, one must risk being hurt by that same bathymetry.

the denim of kyle's jeans is rough against his bare legs. but he's warm again, his damp face held by apologetic hands. noah has longed for those words. he smiles, a small trail of tears slipping off his cheek. noah nods in answer- yet he wants to know more.

each push and pull of their embrace only hearkens noah to him with increased fervor. he's quiet. it's hard to interrupt a man who claims their speech is clumsy- but finds the articulation of the heart in the alcoholic aftermath of it all.

"yeah man," noah brims with weakness. he stares for a moment, savoring the sight of a man who is now inconceivably his, "yeah, we are... how can i say no when i've been the one saying yes all this time?"

his smile falls upon kyle's shoulder with the weight of his heart, and in the voiceless second between impact and the flickering of needy eyes, noah searches for the conclusive kiss.

/ monkas

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
qk
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 0:07:34 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle immediately gives a peck in response to noah's eager eyes. he pulls back, mulls over it, and then decides to move in once more for the kiss noah hungers for.

the contact lasts much longer than he had intended. he wonders if it's from noah's own tendencies or if it had been his own longing. he pulls away from him, hands firmly gripping the other's shoulders as he pushes him away to an arm's length. kyle stares at noah's features with an expression of someone about to cry.

"noah, you're free to change your opinion though." kyle's voice wavers amid the alcohol-induced emotions. "i-i-i don't wanna make you feel chained to me 'cause of what you said before, and..." he rubs his eyes with an arm, returning to noah with a forced smile.

"i'm happy."

despite the curve of his lips, the ugly expression never left his features. emotions that kyle wasn't used to having start coming out all of a sudden. it overwhelms his senses much more than the alcohol. he always hated being controlled by influenced by something he has no control of, but at the same moment, he feels bliss.

"noah, do you wanna know why i want you?"