Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,512 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
qk
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 7:38:51 GMT
noah faber Avatar

the trek feels torturous. almost sisyphean. the biting air did little to cool his steaming face, for the curious gazes of passersby strike him like matchsticks. he sweats nervously, and with fervid anticipation. within this indoor city, privacy becomes a layer more foreign.

they reach the hotel. a quiet step across the door's threshold. after awkward conversation over crumpled bills, noah carries kyle to their room- and their bed before slipping into the shower to cleanse himself of french fries and beer-battered songs.

the door to the shower opens with a billow of steam. noah's dark hair clings damply to his face. he dries his face and neck, the tails of the fabric resting against his bare chest. noah kicks the door close behind him, poochyena boxers wrinkling against his thighs.

"aaahh," noah sighs, his shoulders heaving with fresh relief. each step he makes exacerbates the foreign feeling of the unfamiliar space, yet his eyes are centered on the man before him. "you... don't need to shower if you don't want to."

/ monkas

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
qk
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 18:37:03 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"afraid it'll sober me up and take this thing away from you?" he challenges in a frisky tone.

there was a certain smirk on his expression, which fades into neutrality quickly. a second later after the shift, kyle turns on his back and buries his face on a pillow, relishing in its coldness.

"did ya get me drunk for this?" he asks, voice muffled. the slurred manner in which he talks was still apparent regardless.

he lifts his head up and turns to noah, looking at him with hazy eyes. he opens his mouth to talk, but no words come out, and instead, he returns back to his pillow.

the certain spunk he carried from earlier has expired.

"just do what ya want."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,512 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
qk
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 1:36:40 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"huh?"

while his body is prepared for the night, noah is ill-equipped for kyle's dwindling horizons. he watches the elite four sink into waves of bed sheets. above, as if leaping above the whitecaps, luvdisc are painted in garish pinks on the wall.

noah steps toward the edge of the bed. quietly, he sits. the mattress dips a little from his weight. the towel still clings around his damp neck. after he sees kyle bare his face, noah mourns the brevity of it.

"but i wanna do what you want, man." noah climbs on to the bed.

suddenly, the day catches up to him. he lets himself fall, his head hitting another pillow. laying on his side, noah's soft gaze falls upon kyle's buried face.

he reaches out, stroking the other's hair, squeezing the other's shoulder.

"something wrong? did i do something?" noah quickly adds. "'cause... if one of us fucked up, let's face it, it's probably me, dude." he inches closer. a careful advance.

/ monkas

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
qk
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 5:59:02 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
there was a feeling of guilt when he hears noah blaming himself. he grips on his pillow harder as anger towards himself shows on his minute actions.

"no, no. it's not like that!

the stroking of his head eases kyle. slowly, he turns his head to the side, revealing half of his face to noah from the pillow. his eyes look awkwardly away from noah for a moment before he finally musters the confidence to look at him in the eye.

"noah, how long do your crushes and flings and relationships usually last?"

the question was abrupt and all of a sudden. his hand reaches for his shoulder, where he finds noah's. he holds them with interlocking fingers and brings it close to his face, lips touching the back of noah's hand.

kyle finds himself looking at noah intently as he waits for an answer. no smiles or frowns or furrowing of eyebrows exist in his current expression besides plain curiosity.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,512 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
qk
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 6:50:47 GMT
noah faber Avatar

his skin is tickled by a kiss and a cold sheet. noah studies kyle intently. his eyes follow the crescent of his face, the timid gaze, and his own fingers curving coyly from kyle's lips.

noah takes a little while to answer. he ponders the why of that question. interlocked fingers squeeze to assure kyle that he's thinking. that he's not lost or running away. his hand anchors him to kyle as noah scoots closer.

"depends." noah's eyes circle upwards as if pulling memories from the air. "crushes, flings, and relationships are totally different though, yeah?"

he pulls kyle's hand to his lips now, returning kisses. his are more adventurous, traveling between knuckles as soft crowns.

"you know," another kiss, "some last a short time. some longer. the longest one... maybe one and a half years. rocket made things complicated." he thinks, "what do you want us to be? out of the three you said. multiple choice."

/ monkas
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
qk
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 7:55:27 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i... i'unno..."

kyle was always uncertain, but it felt more evident more than ever. even with the inebriation in his system freeing him up from his inhibitions, everything still was influenced by his indecisiveness.

he has an answer in his head, though every time he wants to say it, fear strikes in. kyle remains in denial of the attraction noah shows, unsure whether it was superficial or not. kyle is someone greedy, wanting more than words and promises to ascertain noah's permanence in his life.

despite of this, kyle doesn't really want to take the first step.

"it would've been good if it's just a fling so i won't feel bad once this ends." the answer comes late, voice weak but calm. he grips onto noah's hand, wanting to keep noah close. "it's gonna last at least a year though, right?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,512 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
qk
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 8:21:31 GMT
noah faber Avatar

blood spills from his heart, pooling in purple against the ribs. each breath brings more forlorn streams. he wonders in the weariness of his heart, what he has done to cause such worries.

the mattress creaks as noah moves closer. from his shoulders, his towel falls. it lays in the crease his body has left behind. noah wraps an arm around kyle's back. pulls him close to his chest so that his head rests on that warm, familiar plane.

"dummy," noah kisses the other's forehead and leaves his mouth there, "why would you even think about that?" he tightens the embrace, and his voice rumbles against the other's cheek. "i want you, man. like, i get nervous that i want you too much and you're gonna get tired of me, haha."

again, it pools.

/ monkas

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
qk
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 8:49:19 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"yeah, but you're gonna burn out fast and get tired of this and..."

the whining trails off.

kyle lets noah drag him close to him, leaning on his chest as he had intended. it was more rigid and uneven compared to the pillow, but he finds it more comfortable to rest on. kyle calms down once more, letting himself drape over noah.

"is this how your relationships usually start?" he inquires soon after. "you've got, like, twelve or so before. what makes this-- our thing-- different from those?"

his hand finds one of noah's hand and drags it all the way to his head in an indirect manner of telling him what he wants.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,512 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
qk
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 9:15:39 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah runs his hand through kyle's hair. he plays with his dark locks, fingers weaving through in tender strokes. kyle's scent falls sweetly on his freshly-showered skin.

"kinda, sorta, no, not really," noah says, "but what makes our thing different is you."

he doesn't defend against the sap of his sentimentality. there is no need. he aims to embarrass with honesty; noah does not wish to take his schmaltz to the grave.

"none of them were you, yeah? and like, i never thought this would happen in the first place, but," noah breathes shakily, his rising chest flushed and furnace hot, "you're better than i could've ever imagined. and i imagined tons." again, he reasserts their embrace. he draws his hand away from kyle's hair, wrapping his strong arms around the other to hoist him on top of himself. as he grins, the bodyguard shows kyle the beaming colours of his eyes. "i think i finally feel... comfy. like i belong or something. i don't really know how, but i bet it has something to do with you."

/ monkas

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
qk
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 14:28:38 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle tries his hardest to understand what noah meant. he blinks twice, the shift in position not eliciting a different reaction from the tipsy kyle, as he looks at noah from above.

"you're so vague i thought i was listening to myself."

he frees a hand and absently places it on noah's face. the bright expression blinds him, distracting him from what little control he has with his thoughts at that moment. kyle wants to keep talking for once, unsatisfied with the answers he got.

"i want something concrete. i want assurance." he grumbles as the next words buffer. "i don't think i've done anything to make you like me besides, well, my status, i think. in any case, it's the other way around..."

his words remain in his afterthought, wondering if he actually said the last part.

"is it money? can i keep you forever with money?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,512 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
qk
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 1:09:12 GMT
noah faber Avatar

under kyle's hand, noah's features seem to flow warmly against the other's palm like a splotch of peach-coloured paint. he nestles into that secure nook. the skin of his cheek tugs a little, gathering into a softly-rounded peak as noah pushes lovingly into kyle's hand.

"keep me with money?"

noah props himself onto his elbows. carefully, his upper body rises until his forehead presses against the other's. "are you trying to make me your sugar baby?"

he laughs, hand stroking the other's back in tender swathes. noah closes his eyes. his fingers tense against kyle's skin.

"i guess you didn't know this, but... almost all my relationships ended with someone breaking up with me. or something outta my control getting in the way." noah can feel his lips frown, and he desires nothing but to smother that unveiling colour with a kiss. but he refrains, eyes opening lightly like a pall. "i'm not a heartbreaker, y'know. i dunno... maybe i'm too much for some people, haha."

/ monkas
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
qk
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 2:09:21 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
keeping him in with money doesn't guarantee what kyle wants, but it nets him something close enough to it. still, he knows noah enough that establishing their relationship in that manner wouldn't work.

"it's just, i dunno, something i can ascertain, i guess." his forehead meets noah's halfway, relishing in the warmth of the contact. "would that have worked?"

his eyes close, dropping his weight on noah as he rests on top of him. instinct tempts him to give the person before him a kiss, having conditioned to return every act of affection from noah. he settles with pressing his face against his cheek, and then laying his head beside him.

kyle's skepticism and pessimism manifest in a frown after hearing noah's words.

"i don't believe you," kyle says upfront. he lifts himself up once more to establish eye contact. "how can people even let go of you? you kiss ass so much you basically let people hear what they want."

a sigh escapes him and he drops to his weight back again.

"people deny a personal cheerleader nowadays?" he mutters as he muses, inebriation failing to keep the thoughts to himself.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,512 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
qk
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 2:35:01 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah craves this closeness. the physicality of their proximity reminds him of possessions long gone. although noah prattles, his mouth smoking like a gun with bullets unaimed, the sincerity of his communication comes from the way his body insists itself. how it shifts with intent and careful deliberation, filling space with punctuation and poise.

he can't hide the small seed of hurt upon being called a kiss-ass. noah arms wrap around kyle again. even tauter this time, as if to endure and reject the offense he feels.

noah leans his head against kyle's, his voice a whisper so that the painted luvdisc do not hear.

"you think i'm just sucking up to you?"

noah smiles small, lips pressing against kyle's skin with careful caresses. the shakiness of his breath guides his movements, for all the conditioning of his body can not disguise the silent insecurities he carries.

"i wanna let you know how i feel, man... 'cause, i don't want you to leave without not knowing, y'know? what if i lose my chance."

he laughs again, and his chest heaves against the other's with firm touches.

"i'm just an ordinary guy," noah admits. "nothing special. and that's okay, y'know? just a personal cheerleader, sure... even elite trainers need reminding of how amazing they are, yeah?"

/ monkas

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
qk
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 3:12:43 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle picks up the tone of hurt in his voice, and it resonates with him, sharing the pain from the guilt. he doesn't want these kinds of foreign feeling he only experiences just now, but he has them nonetheless.

"i'm not... good with words. i'm also not confident that i'll keep up with your image of me, i guess."

he plays with noah's hair this time, a finger tangling itself within the damp strands of dark hair. he twirls and twirls until he takes the entire length before letting it go and repeating the process all over again.

"you're something i didn't know i needed until we met. always thought i'm fine living alone for the rest of my life and that a relationship is just a 'want' instead of a 'need', and i don't really want to get used to the feeling of dependence whenever you're around, but it's already happening so..."

it was noah's presence that disturbed his peace. it disrupted the equilibrium that kyle has set himself up for when he thinks he can finally stabilize it after rocket's invasion. it changed his life dramatically that he should be complaining about it.

but he finds himself cherishing it the most out of majority of things that he has.

"i only have a title. take battling away from me and i'm... less than ordinary, i think." no unique backstory that builds up to a good character exposition, no interesting personality that sets him differently from the rest... kyle thinks he doesn't have the makings of being a main character. "would you have taken interest in me if i wasn't elite four?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,512 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
qk
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 4:04:51 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah's thick hair unfurls into curly springs. they're ribbons, but without the neat packaging. they hug kyle's finger tenderly: the laurels of some feverish daydream flooding past the frame of noah's melting portrait. perhaps, it's the misty lighting of this hotel room. soft and muddy gradations of pinks and yellows.

touched beyond compare, he finds himself muttering kyle's name. the fighter captures the stars of such romance in his eyes; he did not know kyle was capable of such poetry. the elite four's recantations flow forth with drunken breath- but it's still verse to his ears.

"dude, are you serious... 'course i would've. you being an elite four just made it easier to find you."

noah rubs his forehead back against kyle's, recovering from his previous twang of hurt.

"but i gotta admit that it riles me up a little. that you're an elite four, haha." he smirks, hands toying with the waistband of kyle's jeans. "but that job takes you away from me, so... maybe you should just retire and stay with me, instead." snickering, noah realizes as he quiets in contentment, the dependence that he feels as well. the link solidifies and becomes warm, like a ribbon around one's finger.

/ monkas