thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
point break [m]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 10:30:59 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

He knows, going in to this, that it won't be a rescue mission.

'Deal with the problem,' is all the direction Gavin is given, alongside a description of his target and the location they're being kept in. It's the wording that he takes to heart: not 'rescue' or 'operative', but a problem to be solved in whatever way he wished.

It's why he's always been very careful not to get caught.

He is careful now, slinking in shadow and avoiding cameras he'd scoped out beforehand. It would have only raised the alarm to damage the surveillance equipment in any way, so Gavin slips through blind spots like a ghost. Where he must be seen by cameras, they get nothing more than a dark silhouette against the backdrop of night. There are exactly three guards to the small facility, and he notes the current location of all of them.

He is ready.

He rounds a corner —

— and his blood turns to ice, because you're not supposed to be here.

A subtle hand signal calls his Crobat forth from the dark, a vicious creature on four silent wings. It's poised, ready to strike, but he does not finish the command. She's not with the league.

Blue eyes narrow behind the mask he wears, his glasses tucked safely in Cavalli's lab at home.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

mission: prison break
figure a 'they both got sent out on the same job' situation could work!

[newclass=.gav] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11.5px;background-color:#222222;padding:20px; color:#666666;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gav b] color: #716075; font-weight:lighter;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
Are you strong enough to stand protecting both your heart and mine?
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
point break [m]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 15:53:53 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodygoldr"]
[attr="class","bodygoldrt"]

[break]

By the time Rocket's solution to their squealing pig arrives, the pig's already been slaughtered.[break][break]

The reason Gavin's entrance seems so smooth is because the Wolfe has already been there. Cameras are blacked out and hallways remain dark because she set it up to be that way. She has quietly and efficiently dispatched the armed guards and dealt with the situation.[break][break]

She hadn't been sent by Rocket because she no longer worked for the organization. Rather, their problem locked behind bars in League prison had been a problem of hers, too. Whoever it was had a record of bad blood and murder. She didn't give a damn whether he squealed information about Team Rocket.[break][break]

She knew that the League would eventually give in and let the bastard go, and she couldn't afford that.[break][break]

Emma's silenced gun reattaches to her hip when she hears the sound of wings. It's an uncomfortable noise that separates the distinct slump of shoulders to the ground. Blood sprays the back wall as she turns over her shoulder, eyes finding the Crobat in the dark.[break][break]

Someone else is here, and, while she's unsurprised, she's more than a little frustrated.[break][break]

"What the League can't afford to do."

[newclass=.bodygoldr] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldr b] color: #765D75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldr h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #765D75; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldr h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #765D75; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldrt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldrt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldrp] margin-left: -35px; margin-bottom: -40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldrp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
point break [m]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 9:41:20 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

Gavin's own pistol remains tucked against his chest in its holster, not to be used. That he has been robbed of the kill does not bother him: rather, it's a question of what he's going to tell those who sent him here. That all depends, he supposes, on what she tells him.

A gesture calls his Crobat to his side, the creature lurking like some horrid shadow.

"The League," he echoes, raising his eyebrows. "Do you work for them, now?"

He hasn't heard much of the infamous Wolfe for some time now. Around long enough to know of her but not important enough for the details, he comes to his own conclusions.

[newclass=.gav] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11.5px;background-color:#222222;padding:20px; color:#666666;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gav b] color: #716075; font-weight:lighter;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
point break [m]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2020 3:03:08 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

Emma nearly laughs out loud at his brazen comment. Are all of Rocket full of mindless fools? [break][break]

"If the League were capable of scrubbing the filth from Hoenn like this, I'd actually garner respect for them."[break][break]

The woman does not relax her posture, but does size up the man before her. She's aware of the Crobat nearby but indifferent to the beast. She has one of her own and she's aware of its capabilities.[break][break]

Instead, she makes her way past him, heading for her exit. It was better for her to not linger.

[newclass=.bodygoldr] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldr h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #765D75; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldr h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #765D75; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldrt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldrt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldrp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
point break [m]
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 14:28:16 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","rocket"]

Though he could position himself in such a way to block her path, Gavin does the opposite: he steps aside as she moves to pass him.[break][break]

He mulls over her words. Filth, in particular, resonates with him. Rocket's infamous 'Wolfe' had disappeared as soon as the organization was rumoured to be destroyed, along with many others that Cadis had freed from their ranks. Gavin had joined willingly, stayed willingly... but he was no stranger to the stranglehold of fear.[break][break]

"Wolfe," he calls after her, his quiet voice shattering silence. "I won't tell them you were here."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
point break [m]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2020 16:45:46 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

Emma makes her way past Gavin without incident, and she isn't surprised that he didn't make any attempt to stop her. [break][break]

If Gavin offers her any recognition, it's lost on her face. She betrays no indication she's familiar with the man, despite his apparent knowledge of herself. Rocket had spilled many of her secrets when it fell, it seemed. [break][break]

He speaks and she comes to a halt. Her chin rests lightly against her shoulder as she turns to half-face him, her back still facing him.[break][break]

"I'm not afraid of Rocket, I could care less what you say."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
point break [m]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2020 0:23:03 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"It's not about fear."[break][break]

Wolfe was one of Rocket's best. He has little doubt she could kill him if it came down to it; they're both armed, but she's a trained assassin and he's just a scientist with a gun. She had nothing to fear from him, at least, and Rocket... he couldn't say.[break][break]

"It's about having a code. Basic human decency. I know what it's like to not want to be found."[break][break]

Even now, Rocket didn't know his real name. They knew nothing of his family or of the life he'd led before he'd found them, apart from little lies he fed those who asked questions to keep them from digging too deep.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
point break [m]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 13:36:54 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

She hesitates, because what he says isn't what she expects.[break][break]

"Basic human decency? A code? You've got to be kidding me. Rocket has never indulged in either of those things, so don't give me any of that bullshit."[break][break]

The woman sighs, tilts her head back in exasperation. [break][break]

"They found me even when I thought I was safe. Trust me, you aren't safe with them. They have no code, no sense of human decency. They will break you."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
point break [m]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2020 21:53:57 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"I'm not talking about Rocket," he corrects, lifting a hand. "I'm talking about myself. Trust me, I know they don't share the sentiment."
[break][break]
He'd joined in ignorance of their true villainy toward their own and stayed first out of fear, then out of a genuine interest in the research they had him assisting on. He was entrenched, now, but not disillusioned to the nature of the organization. There had been changes, after Cadis, but Gavin's still not entirely sure what those changes are, what they mean.[break][break]

They found me even when I thought I was safe.[break][break]

Should he fear for his own secrets, then, for the family he was certain they didn't know existed? He seems surprised as he realises the implications of the words: they'd found her. Then why was she here?[break][break]

"You escaped, then?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
point break [m]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2020 15:51:17 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

Emma stares at him with a blank look, but the reality of it is that he's struck a nerve. If he was trying to win her trust, or convince her that he was at all trustworthy, she wasn't buying it. She knew better than that.[break][break]

"You're just another puppet for Rocket's games. One day, it'll be you I'm hunting."[break][break]

It didn't matter that Cadis had insisted Rocket had changed, that, under his rule, Rocket had different motives. Because that wouldn't be true for long. If she knew Rocket, and she did, she was well aware of the mind-games and the schemes. Cadis was merely planning something different than Silas, but it was still inherently evil.[break][break]

Probably.[break][break]

Gavin's extended silence indicates to the woman that she, too, has struck a nerve. Probably made him think hard about what she'd said, how unsafe he truly is. She can nearly hear the sweat drip down his back.[break][break]

"You never escape Rocket."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
point break [m]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2020 9:04:09 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Gavin huffs, the beginning of a laugh that never makes it to his lips. "I certainly hope not. I don't like my odds."[break][break]

She hunts monsters, it seems, the worst of the worst, and Gavin has thus far taken precautions against becoming that which had inspired such fear in him. Though he must certainly suppress it in order to survive in the cutthroat world of their organization, a conscience blooms below the surface.[break][break]

Her words have unnerved him, shed light on the possibility that such things might see him killed, one day. He doesn't voice it.[break][break]

"I've never tried." Thought about it, certainly, but it's Emma's very words that have stopped him. You never escape. Not with your life. "You've succeeded more than most. I've no intention to get in the way of that."[break][break]

If anything, he respected the fact that she'd tried at all.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
point break [m]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2020 19:25:35 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

Emma wasn't joking, but she's pretty sure he's aware of that. His response is dry, with only the slightest suggestion that he might be joking.[break][break]

If she's being realistic, however, and she normally is, Gavin was nowhere near the top of her list. Not that she really had a list, per se, merely an obligation or impulse. She had bigger targets to take down, after all. Scientists weren't really her cup of tea.[break][break]

She says nothing else until he speaks, preferring to keep the conversation heavy and uncomfortable.[break][break]

"Then stay out of my line of sight."[break][break]

Her gaze shifts to the dead body behind them. The smell of blood has grown exponentially more potent. He had mentioned that he'd never tried to escape - but she nearly laughs. Nearly, even though her expression doesn't change from it's frozen, indifferent expression.[break][break]

She hadn't tried to escape - she'd been threatened, told that Rocket would take her out if she dared utter a word to the League. But, in the end, neither Rocket nor the League had offered her sanctuary. No one could be trusted.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
point break [m]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2020 4:24:53 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: