6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
shoot [m]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 7:58:13 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle follows where noah leads him until they reach the railings that border the upper echelons of mauville.

he wears a button-up shirt, sleeves rolled up to his elbows. noah had insisted wearing matching shirts, which he declined. he wore it underneath though, just in case noah mopes about him not wearing it.

with a crepe in hand, he proceeds to take small bites. his rotom phone hovers before him as he silently scrolls through the feed of his social media. the news articles were skipped while the dog videos were shared.

"this is too early for crepes,"
he comments despite having a mouthful. "what else do you have in mind?"

it was only when he had said those words that he realized that this was a date instead of a simple morning stroll that he was told it was.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,511 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
shoot [m]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 20:45:11 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"it's never too early for crepes." noah's fork has several of them skewered in some barbaric stack. "you're like, eating all of them already. save some for me, buddy." he says, the mass of impaled crepes bobbing limply like wet newspaper rolls.

noah wears the very shirt kyle adorns underneath his buttons. it's of a rockruff with a hammer striking upon its forehead. in pop art aesthetic, a dramatic dialogue bubble barely contains the cartoonish capitals of a 'BONK'.

should kyle have noticed, noah's crepes and plate are untouched. basically clean, save for the occasional spill or dollop of whipped cream and syrup. he's been idly adding crepe after crepe on the long teeth of his utensil.

he's too busy looking at kyle, head leaning against his propped hand and arm. noah admires the sight and eats with his eyes. under his breath, he mutters:

"cute..."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
shoot [m]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 8:46:25 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he stops eating for a moment. he remains unmoving besides his eyes when it slowly rolls away from the crepes to noah. the stare remains as he chooses not to blink away from the person opposite him.

"i didn't have breakfast for this. not even coffee."

as he says that, kyle hopes noah doesn't pick up the fact that he sounded like he went out of his way to make this date happen. going late might have been the better choice if that meant escaping his teasing.

then again, the teasing comes regardless of what he does, he supposed.

"why are you muttering cute?" he asks.

he starts to return to his crepe. he takes a bite when he eyes on noah's side. "did you take us here just to watch me eat? just take a picture. it'll last longer." he chews his food afterwards.

kyle would have jokingly offer to feed him as a way to mock, but he knows noah will seriously take the offer.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,511 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
shoot [m]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 9:33:39 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"yeah, pretty much." noah confesses. his crepes remain cold and untouched. "a picture though? good call." he pulls out his phone, swiping away notifications and immediately tapping on the shortcut to the camera app.

he sees in the corner, the preview of his gallery. it's a photo of freya, the houndour, with kyle idling somewhere in the blackground. as kyle dines, noah begins to snap photos in rapid succession.

"ahhh, you're so cute, man," noah sighs, a dreamy wisp of breath falling from his lips. the billow is sugared with the romanticized reality before him. "has anyone else told you that?" his phone settles back on to the table.

noah's foot travels over to kyle's and knocks against his shoes with puckish kicks.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
shoot [m]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2020 1:02:23 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the feast continues even with noah taking pictures, grumbling as he stuffs himself with crepe.

kyle scoffs. "yeah," he answers confidently, before following it up with a depressing tune. "...my mom."

a sigh follows. he wonders if he's naturally unpopular and noah just hypes things up out of proportion. then again, fame didn't really come to him until a year ago. can't blame him for that.

the sensation on his foot distracts him. it stops him from finishing the last few bites of his crepe when he's forced to kick back noah's shoes. with how much he loves his shoes, he wonders what prompts him to risk their condition with someone as petty as kyle.

kyle tries to go with his best guess.

grumbling, he takes noah's phone on the table. "fine. i'll give you a good wallpaper for your phone." he turns the front camera on, angles it slightly above him where it captures his face and the demolished pastry, and puts a peace sign next to his disinterested expression. the phone captures the image and kyle sets it on the table, sliding it across for noah.

"is this good enough?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,511 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
shoot [m]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2020 3:28:17 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah jolts his shoe back. these aren't his running sneakers; he wears his best shoes for kyle. sadly, he can not discern the elite four's ignorance to the rules of footsie. instead, he sees it as stubborn rejection. not that he minds. he resigns himself to that habit for now.

as kyle takes his phone, noah beams. he sets his face on two propped arms as kyle captures a snapshot of his disregard. quickly, he snatches the phone from the table. his thumb paws across the screen hurriedly, tapping at the gallery in order to favourite and protect the image from deletion.

"aaah," noah sets the photo as his screens, "you're like, y'know, the 'cool-type' in this pic. like, the i don't give a shit, but i know i look good sort of thing."

his sneakers are tempted to move past the legs of their table once more.

"ever thought of uploading pics of yourself instead of just your dogs?" noah finally takes a bite out of his crepe.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
shoot [m]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2020 7:29:05 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle flushes at noah's words. he covers his mouth, hiding the awkward smile from view, and takes it off as soon as he recovers. "the only thing you got right is the not giving a shit part," he replies back.

the question causes kyle to raise a brow. he quickly takes the rotom phone in front of him and logs in on his social media account, confirming the truth behind his words. kyle hasn't been aware of it, somehow.

"why would i need to do that?" kyle asks. "my profile picture has my face. isn't that what counts?"

he contemplates on it, if only because he has been indulgent since the start of the day and he might as well continue it until the end. he goes for the camera feature of his phone. it sets itself to the back camera instead of the front, and noah's features get framed on the screen nicely in that instant.

he presses the interface. a click sounds as noah takes a bite. another picture is saved on his gallery. kyle's expression remains neutral as he tries his best not look suspicious, although the redness of his face cannot be hidden.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,511 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
shoot [m]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2020 7:45:36 GMT
noah faber Avatar

the click does not deter noah from chewing. instead, noah grins widely. the whites of his teeth spread wide as he waves a peace sign, despite the photo already having been taken. perhaps, he's fishing for another. confidence exudes from his pose, free of the self-consciousness typically found in the streams of social media.

noah swallows his bite and sets his fork down, "your profile pic is cute, not gonna lie. but c'mon! if i search you up, i only get official lookin' pics from like, the hnn."he opens up his browser, typing in 'kyle lopez'. noah tilts his phone upward, the screen angled away from kyle to hide the autocomplete searches that expand underneath the initial entry.

the results flood his screen.

"you're a good looking guy, man." noah says. "you gotta do the world a favour and show yourself off a bit. i won't get jealous. trust."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
shoot [m]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2020 8:30:24 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle takes a deep breath and exhales slowly. he covers half of his face with his hand as he looks away from noah.

"why would you even need my pictures for," kyle asks underneath the read. "do you get yourself off of them?" he taunts with his joke, but part of him realizes that the answer for that question might be more than what he asked for.

he sighs and takes the final bite of the crepe, finishing it completely. he hopes food helps him take his mind off from the endless praises and compliments that render him asunder, but it doesn't.

his hand extends towards noah, fingers gesturing for him to give him what he asks for.

"j-just lend me your phone. i'll upload that pic i took from that."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,511 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
shoot [m]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2020 12:00:15 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"duh. you serious, man? you should already know." noah says candidly. "but that's not the point." he picks up the fork again, biting off several layers of crepe in one go.

as he chews, he hands his phone over without much fuss. already, the less than enthused expression of kyle's selfie is displayed proudly on the screen. whatever layout noah has is stylishly customized and features a multitude of colourful apps: myfitnessfriend, drink water reminders, the typical social media and messaging apps...

"you gotta think of a good caption too." noah chews happily. a speck of whipped cream travels on his lip. "like 'crepe on this!' or 'good food equals good mood.'"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
shoot [m]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 6:39:14 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"you just can't wait to use this for your background, can you?"

despite the complaining tone in his voice, the mellow smile in his expression shows a different sentiment. kyle navigates through his phone, stopping to look at the different apps. "you don't have games on this?" he asks. he doesn't wait for an answer before he opens up his social media app.

he logs out noah's account in favor of his and opens up a new post. as he selects the gallery, noah's other pictures start to pop out. the first few ones elicits a comment from kyle. "wait, you take candid pictures of me too?" the surprise ends as he scrolls further down.

nothing comes out from his mouth as he stares at the screen. he gets red all of a sudden, unable to even move his finger to scroll away. it takes him a while to get out of his trance to ask noah.

"y-y-you usually take these kinds of pictures?"

instead of posting the earlier selfie, kyle sends his discoveries to himself.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,511 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
shoot [m]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 7:10:46 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"uh, never really thought of playing a phone game," noah says, catching up with his uneaten crepes.

he enjoys the normalcy of it all. the aftershocks of the new year still shake in his marrow. the placid scene of their crepe date allows him time to admire how still, relatively, his affection remains before him. for noah struggles sometimes. struggles to find stable footing when everything he wants is in motion.

"mmhm," noah twirls his empty fork, "'cause you won't take a pic with me." he thinks for a moment, the second inquiry's implications rising on his face in the faintest pink. "kinda. do you like them? i look good, don'tcha think?"

noah thumbs his lips, scraping off crumbs and whipped cream before sucking them off his finger in gluttonous fashion.

"i don't need those pics anymore though." noah says. "they're for dating apps, y'know."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
shoot [m]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 7:43:47 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i-i, uh..."

he stops himself from answering the question. the fire on his cheeks needs to be contained, and he knows verbally answering the question feeds the flames. a grumble sounds from his throat before going for what he initially asked noah's phone for.

"i'll just title it with a bunch of random emojis."

he returns the phone as soon as he does the deed. "...but yeah. they're... nice, i guess." he scratches his head to get rid of the awkwardness, trying to reset his mental to get him back to the game.

"do you want me to take one of those for you?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,511 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
shoot [m]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 8:06:37 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"huh? just nice?"

a munchlax dressed in waiter's garb waddles over. it sets a small step stool by the table, using it to reach a proper height to take their plates and utensils. as noah begins to speak again, it leaves with content grunts.

"how about i take one. just for you, man." noah's hand misses his fork. "people make a business out of that, but you and me? f-r-e-e."

the absence of his fork allows him to brave another attempt at footsie. his shoe knocks against the other as noah speaks.

"like one of 'my' photos? or like, a selfie together?" noah grins, fox-like. "'cause i'll take both."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
shoot [m]
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 17:59:52 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the message wasn't suggestive as much as it was forward. an image forms in his head from the offer and gets him flustered, imploring him to an explosion of red.

"n-no! w-w-why would i want that?" he backs away from the table, shifting his eyes away from noah before returning back after a moment or two. "i, uh, won't decline them though." he clears his throat as if it helps washing the shame away.

noah opens his mouth again, spewing nonsense once more. it elicits the same reaction from kyle as he starts to slump on the table, arms wrapped around his head with hands buried beneath the thick layer of hair.

"a selfie together, of course!" it was hushed, but exasperation was obvious nonetheless. "how bad do you want the other one?" he mutters, following it up.