1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
the color of the trees [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 6:58:11 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

The air about her when she leaves the table with Thomas Benoit is surprisingly light and it serves to make the exasperated sigh on her lips all the heavier as her heels click against the floor in the direction of her next table. 3 rounds in and she has still yet to see the appeal, the splendor that some seem to derive from these make shift passings of ships in the night.

Useless and stunted conversations, that is what she accepts of this evening. She despises the sound of the chime that dares dictate her path.

"Good evening, I hope I didn't keep you waiting." she states as she approaches the table, finding a green haired fellow there that she can only assume is who she is looking for next. "If I may, how in the world are you supposed to take an interest in someone with such a limited time frame?" she inquires.

Because of course it is Elijah who has the misfortune and finding her with questions on the tip of her tongue that she desperately seeks to have answered.

attire in the first paragraph

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #8e4e5d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
Give some supportance to the bending twigs.
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2020 2:07:19 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

as isra's heels introduce her before she can, elijah prepares the bouquet. without bothering to wait, he sets the packaged flowers in the center of the table. blue petals face her as she sits, their stalks in graceful lines, unlike the beautiful tangles of her braid.

"that's the thing." elijah chews. "nothing's meaningful. speed dates are another way of saying hook up app."

his eyes find a way to cut through the fanciful decorations of some faux-kalosian bullshit. that's why he brought his victreebel. a grotesque creature that heaves and sputters like a sewerage pipe.

"i'm elijah. those flowers are for you."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2020 2:45:31 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

He gives her an answer she doesn't quite expect, foreseeing someone detailing to her the charms and whims of the event that she won't understand in the slightest. His answer? His answer she understands, even if she cannot understand why he keeps the pokemon that he does at his side. Even the wooloo that trots along beside her seems apprehensive about saying hello. The wool covered creature offers a tentative though long winded bah of greeting anyway.

"Oh, well thank you Elijah, feel free to call me Isra."

Perhaps to his dismay Isra is quick to begin pulling apart the bouquet, slender fingers deftly plucking the stalks apart like strings on a harp. She doesn't give him a chance to deny her the whimsy that takes over her actions, breaking down the delicate flowers until she can pull her braid over her shoulder and tuck them into its nooks and crannies to adorn it for the rest of the night. "I don't see the appeal of... hook up apps either though."

"Do people really use those kinds of things? they seem so silly."

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2020 21:14:26 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

the bleat paints their encounter in a surreal rural soundscape. beside elijah's hard edges, his victreebel's leaves rustle like farm foliage. elijah smells of something herbal. fresh- but nothing overbearing.

his lower lips twitches at the sight of the floral stripping, but the art she uses them for pleases him regardless. "it's an easy way to hate yourself." elijah steals back a stalk, chewing on it with lazy syllables.

"someone as pretty as you probably doesn't need them anyway."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 5:40:05 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Her hand pauses in the air over the flowers, he steals her adornment and there is a split second where she nearly lashes out. To take back a gift once given is unbecoming but her braid is filling fast and so she chooses to leave it be. Her wooloo is not as willing to let things go. Small hooves clop closer to the plant with caution, another bleat of greeting hoping to get... something.

"Thank you. I think." given the context she's not entirely sure if it's a compliment or not. He is not, however, wrong.

Amethyst eyes jump to the hair over her shoulder, scanning it for vacant crevices, fingers dance across the decorative surface to do the same. Soon bright blue reaches the top of the murkrow's nest, making an ocean colored bed for her plum moon. "How is it an easy way to hate yourself? There are much more potent reasons for someone to hate themselves."

Other, better ones that she might understand.

<3

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2020 3:26:22 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

finally, as if the clopping of hooves has pacified the victreebel's looming, drooling self, the wooloo is afforded the kindness of an extended vine. at the tip, a leaf curls. palm-like. perhaps, it's asking for a shake.

"apps like that are for using people." he leans back in his chair. "and for being used." elijah scoffs- but it turns into a shrewd smile.

"not that i mind. do you?"

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2020 5:18:58 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

A single hoof mimics the action of the plant, tentative, slow, as if it's not entirely sure what to make of the creature still but friendliness is friendliness right?

She watches him for a moment, not entirely sure what to make of his demeanor. Her head tilts ever so slightly to the side. "Depends on the person."

The bell chimes, the round is ending.

"And depends on what I get out of it."

It's almost an after thought, she doesn't think long enough to keep herself from saying it. Perhaps it's the floral gift, having pleased her more than she expected.

The woman stands, the sharp whistle catching her pokemon's attention before he can make contact with the drooling plant and pulling him away from it. "Thank you again for the flowers Elijah, I hope you enjoy the rest of your evening."

She leaves to the steady click of heels and hooves.

<3

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2020 6:32:16 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

isra manages to make elijah laugh. depends on what she gets out of it. he felt the same way. for elijah needs distractions- and if a body can offer warm escape, he'll endure the tapping of some careless cold screen.

he says little in the departure. although his victreebel waves with a friendly flutter of leaves, like elijah, its stern expression does not change.

oddly, elijah believes they'll meet again. he'll remember the clicking of her heels.