Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Illegal Techniques [M]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2020 1:18:44 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

A cloth rubbed sand out of the creases in the Onix's face, the irritating particles hard for the Pokemon to remove even with Rock Polish. On top of that, even the smallest obstruction affected an Onix's movements, a creature that both moved like a snake and who's body was connected into multiple rock protrusion.

All in all, it was all to win a race.

Kaida didn't mind looking the competitive freak of nature, it made Kjoll all the more comfortable. However, she noticed mean looks thrown her way. Even in an illegal race, it seemed her Onix was considered a particularly unfair move. She had to be fast, it was the only way to stick around long enough to see everyone's faces, their Pokemon.

"Ok. Rock Polish one more time." She whispered, and the Onix reared up and with a satisfied rumble, spun the segments of his body until they more resembled oval pebbles, smooth and strong.

There was only one thing about this race, which was soon to start. It required a partner, which Kaida just took to mean racers were expected to work together against other teams. She only hoped her partner would take this as seriously.

Kjoll shifted, staring at a new face he didn't recognize and Kaida continued to polish the beloved creature, slightly tilting her head to address her partner, near whispered so that other teams might not hear. "...are you my partner? Can you work with an Onix?"

Straight to the point, it seemed.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
Illegal Techniques [M]
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 2:07:06 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]"'course, so long as it doesn't slow down me and chaser." vega pipes in with a short cry, apparently used to her new name for the day. marcel takes a hand out of his pocket to ruffle her fur.
[break][break]
he can't help but feel like a fish out of water in his current get up. a scarless face grins at the woman (oh the wonders of makeup). he'd been hoping to get paired with the champion for today's team race, but he supposed that would have been too good to be true--he'd know who the mystery person was as soon as this race was over, that was for sure.
[break][break]
well, provided marcel made it to the finish line. races like these were dangerous business, with racers constantly trying to put each other out of action to up their chances of winning. it felt like a battle more than anything.
[break][break]
"so, strategy: you handle the fuckers on the ground and i'll take the air?"
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: mission

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Illegal Techniques [M]
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 2:45:09 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Kaida seemed to study the Noivern before her, as if looking for some proof of speed and then answered with a good-natured, "We can, I trust her, and know my Onix." She knew the giant of a Pokemon, that he was no weaker by not being evolved, and a speed that reached a unbelievably fast pace in the appropriate environment. Sand and rocks were child's play as long as they never found a reason to use Curse. Thus, avoiding attacks would be the play of the game today.

If this wasn't a race, no doubt her answer to the strategy would be that Kjoll could handle both air and ground. However, he would already be handling keeping ahead of the pack, anymore pressure and she was asking for failure. "We can handle that, if they try to strike down Chaser with a bad attack, come closer to us. We can put them down as necessary."

A loud chiming Kaida recognized as a type of siren suddenly interrupted all talks. The race was soon to begin. Sensing the harsh noise's importance, Kjoll lowered his head and allowed Kaida to climb on. With the smooth rock and only being able to hold on to his horn, she could easily see she was in true danger if an attack came her way.

"We're counting on you!"

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
Illegal Techniques [M]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2020 23:49:56 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]he gives the woman a thumbs up. "you got it!" marcel leads his pokemon to the starting line before climbing onto her back.
[break][break]
there's no clear lead amongst the lineup, though marcel has picked out a few that have caught his interest. he takes note of their appearances and pokemon. it'd be tough keeping track of them whilst focusing on the race, but he supposes the challenge is what makes it fun.
[break][break]
the countdown begins. marcel grips tightly to the sides of his noivern--this was going to be a bumpy ride. once they're given the signal, vega kicks off with an iron tail, starting off the race with an extra boost.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Illegal Techniques [M]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 5:32:30 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

The race started with a roar.

The more foolish launched off attacks right from the get go, occupying themselves in a fight rather than a race. Most of those fools stayed behind, losing their place almost immediately.

Kaida clung tighter to Kjoll, sensing his intent as he leaned forward...and plunged. His head barely breached the sand, but followed immediately by a burst of Dragonbreath, a small wave of sand washed over the racers near Kjoll. A Liloone, Ponyta, and multiple Arcanine all vanished under the deluge of sand, they weren't getting out of that anytime soon.

Kaida rocked back and forth violently as Kjoll alternated between plunging forward and down, then surging upwards. Up ahead, a gaggle of racers took the lead. Among them, she noticed a Jolteon spring forward, a Dragonite soar, and a Machamp (clutching its human tight) running like a madman. Any one of those could be her target, she decided, and bid Kjoll forward.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
Illegal Techniques [M]
POSTED ON May 20, 2020 23:42:10 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]he counts a rough minute before the attacks start coming. vega dodges a swipe of steel claws from a nearby skamory, forcing him to tighten his grip on her scruff. she retaliates with a flamethrower before moving to close the distance between them and their allies. marcel points a two-finger salute forward, indicating he was going ahead.
[break][break]making sure they were still close enough to the onyx, though not so much so that they'd get in the way of any attacks, marcel focuses on the racers taking the lead. he takes in whatever details he can make out in the rush of the race, trusting vega to safely manoeuvre the course. a sudden turn catches him off guard. "shit."
[break][break]
after regaining his balance, he glances back to check on the woman and her onyx. they'd long passed the half-way point by now.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Illegal Techniques [M]
POSTED ON May 21, 2020 19:35:45 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

The desert was blinding and itched unbearably. Kaida thought the race had only gone on a few minutes, and she was already having trouble seeing anything beyond the very front of Kjoll. They were gaining on the leads, an Onix having the means to not tire thanks to its constant burrowing, but there was still a problem. At the speed they were going, they would not pass even at the finish line. They weren't close enough for a physical attack, and Kjoll was going too fast to properly aim a Dragon Breath. [break][break]

There was only one option then, rely on her partner, and strike at the leads the only way they could. "Screech." She curtly ordered, knowing there was no way for Kjoll to know her thoughts, he needed an order. Instantly, a roar echoed across the air. Kjoll leapt forward at the same moment, the last chance. Some Pokemon started to waver in their path, others lost speed. Now all that was left was for her parter to stop the last of them affected by the sound.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
Illegal Techniques [M]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2020 14:07:27 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]vega falters as the screech comes. though she's not the intended target, her sensitive ears make for a disadvantage in this particular moment of time. thankfully, he's trained her well--the noivern quickly recovers, catching up to their partner.
[break][break]
several riders and their pokemon fall from the sky, and marcel knows they've found their target. the woman in question is relentless in her pursuit, dashing her opponents from the sky, and making life just as hard for her competitors on the ground. "quick," he taps his pocket, "get a picture." his phone comes to life as his rotom takes over, floating from his pocket just high enough to expose the camera.
[break][break]
trusting his rotom to handle the job, marcel focuses on the race. "full speed, chaser," he commands as he grips tighter onto the noivern. his pokemon lets out a determined cry as she pushes forward with a sudden rush of speed. a FLAMETHROWER bursts from her mouth towards the final cluster of racers before her.
[break][break]
the finish line was in sight.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Illegal Techniques [M]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2020 16:49:28 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

The finish line was in sight, and Kjoll knew enough to put his all into the final dash. His long body let him slither through dunes and burst through without stopping, his tail swiping at stragglers to keep them behind. [break][break]

The rock-type didn't slow and focused completely on winning, giving Kaida a good chance to glance at the skies and racers. There she was. Kaida did her best to remember the Pokemon, zipping across the skies, and the woman...even if she only got snippets of what she wore, Kaida didn't doubt she'd be able to get the identification down...maybe she could even talk to her and get a name later. [break][break]

Either way, Kjoll launched forward one last time, stretching out his chin as far as possible. The race was won on his end.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
Illegal Techniques [M]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 21:01:29 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]marcel crosses the finish line with a cheer: an in-character performance fuelled partly by his own competitiveness. jumping off his noivern, he holds out a hand for her to fist bump. their celebration, though enthusiastic, is brief. marcel's eye throughout has remained on the reigning champion. she turns, catching his gaze, and offers the pair a polite nod.
[break][break]
if he couldn't find anything from the images he'd captured on his phone, at least his face--the face he was using today--was now one she'd seen. that'd make for easier interactions in the future, but for now, he was finished.
[break][break]
"well i'm off to get my winnings," he says with a salute, "nice teaming up with ya, lady!" with that, he makes his exit.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay