November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
Be silent or let thy words be worth more than silence.
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
Healing Duo [SD]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 8:48:54 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

Ruby was, admittedly, still having at least some fun. Her last partner seemed more intent to just try and sweep her off her feet physically than even try and get to know her. And while dancing certainly had its appeal, that super non-emotional connection just didn't fly with her. She was informed from the get-go that her next partner was to be a platonic meeting, perhaps that was for the best after... Whatever that just was.

Ruby sighed gently as she awaited the next arrival. However, for once, she recognized someone as they approached. That was the Verdanturf Gym Leader! He was publically endorsed by the League about the same time she was after the attack on Slateport... why did everything have to go back to that? Shaking off her nerves, Ruby simply gave a polite smile. If she recognized him, then hopefully she was already recognized as well and they could skip past the awkward introduction phase. And if he didn't recognize her, than surely Grace standing by her side would be easily noticed. 

Notes: N/A

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #B8D9EC; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,471 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Healing Duo [SD]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2020 1:49:35 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As Thomas saw his next partner, his mind was racing. He recognized the young Galarian as Ruby Walker, the Saint of Slateport. She was the one who practically did most of the work in healing those wounded by the acid attack, while he provided support. Though the League Endorsements handed out credited the both of them, Thomas believed that the teenager deserved the Pyroar's share of credit.

Still, given her age, Thomas wanted to wring someone's neck for this. This all felt so wrong.

Maintaining his composure, the cyclops offered the Galarian a handshake, and a friendly smile. The fluffy Audino by his side would offer the Galarian and her Gardevoir a friendly smile, and an eager wave. Pulse would make his way over to the Gardevoir to introduce himself to the Shiny Pokemon.

"Ms. Walker, it's good to see you again. You having fun?", he would ask, attempting to break the ice.

tags:
notes: Outfit red shirt instead of white

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
Healing Duo [SD]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2020 3:34:46 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

Ruby had to admit, she was surprised that a man who looked so rough as he did, with the eyepatch, was so polite and friendly. The Audino by his side certainly helped that as well. So cute... She'd quickly stand up from her seat to reach over and shake Thomas's hand before sitting back down and scooting in her chair. Grace would simply curtsy to the other Pokemon, exchanging polite telepathic greetings and a conversation of her own if they wanted to, that is.

"Well, it's not too bad!" She spoke, unable to help but smile back softly. "The first round went by really well, and I think I made a new friend! But..." She paused a little bit, shuddering a little bit. "I think the last round was only interested in how I looked, you know? So... shallow." Ruby ended up shrugging a little bit. No need to talk about past rounds when this was her chance to actually make a new friend! Perhaps a month ago she might have been scared to talk to someone so important like she was at the Aurorus Ball, but slowly but surely it seemed like these important people just kept meeting her one way or another.

"So," Ruby began, immediately starting up a conversation she was curious about. "I never went to it, but I read in the news you had a ranch where a lot of people got patched up. Just how big is it anyway? Mostly I kind of just, stayed in town with Grace here and helped there. I am really interested, though! I like to explore a lot, and seeing a ranch like that someday really just sounds fun."

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #B8D9EC; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,471 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Healing Duo [SD]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2020 17:01:19 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"That's good to hear.", he'd tell her. As she went into details about the first round, he couldn't help but smile. But upon hearing that the second round went differently, he could only shake his head. Sure, he was in this event to meet girls, but he certainly wasn't going to go that far that early. He could only hope that her previous partner was around her age.

The Audino would allow the Gardevoir to send him telepathic messages. Trying his hand at it, the Audino would attempt to communicate with the Gardevoir. If that failed, then he'd communicate through the adorable cries his species were known for. In any case, the Audino would introduce himself as Pulse. The Audino would have questions about how long the Gardevoir had known her trainer for, while offering her one of his treats.

"It's a pretty sizable ranch, actually. Thankfully, it was more than enough to take care of those under my care.", the Kalosian answered. "If you don't mind me asking, did you have sufficient supplies or support while you were helping out?", the Gym Leader inquired, genuinely out of concern for her well being. "And how is your Hatterene doing?", he'd add.

Whether or not she'd be willing to answer, Thomas smiled at her. "If you ever want to stop by my Ranch, feel free to do so. I'm sure the others would love to meet you.", he'd offer. The others referring to his growing army of Audino he kept on the property, of course.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
Healing Duo [SD]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2020 4:05:07 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

Grace certainly enjoyed the conversation. With Telepathy, all they had to do was think and they'd be able to communicate just fine. They'd happily take a treat, simply stating that they'd only known Ruby for a few months now, but she adored her trainer with the same passionate fervor that most Gardevoirs seemed to have about their Trainers, extremely protective.

However, Ruby was simply infinitely more curious about his ranch. It was good to see that it was enough to help people. Maybe when she was older, having a place like that would be really cool. "I did, yeah. I have a lot of psychic type pokemon, but Grace here-" She paused, motioning towards her pokemon. "Know's Life Dew. So it was a lot of mass healing as compared to one on one treatments. I know the basics of first aid, sure, but the most important thing, I guess, was just making sure people could stand on their own feet and get to actual hospitals, you know?" However, at the question of her Hatterene, Ruby simply sent out Whisper.

The silent Pokemon was admittedly a bit surprised to be sent out once more, but one glance at Thomas and she seemed to read his emotions and intent instantly. Relaxing, Whisper simply stood tall. "She's doing a lot better! It was... really scary, honestly. I've known her since I was just a little girl, I don't know what I would have done without her..." It was at that point, Whisper slowly wrapped her tentacle arm around Ruby's shoulder, encouraging a smile from the little gal.

"I would love to come and visit sometime! I mean, I don't precisely have anywhere I'm staying, anyways. Been camping and staying in hotels, you know? It's really fun, exploring new places! But... kind of dangerous too. But I'm sure being a gym leader and all that you understand all that. What's beign a gym leader like, anyways? Is it fun? It sounds kind of stressful, honestly."

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,471 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Healing Duo [SD]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 2:11:16 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The Audino was amazed, but not surprised, that despite knowing one another for such a short time, the two had gotten so close. Pulse would ask the Gardevoir what sort of adventures she went on with Ruby in those few months, and if she had met her as a Gardevoir, or as a Ralts or Kirlia.

"I remember, actually. It really came through for us. And I'm just glad that her Life Dew continues to serve you well.", he would tell her, a light smile still on his face.

As Thomas saw the Hatterene, a wave of relief washed over him. Considering the state Ruby was in when the Psychic-type was wounded, he was worried. Both about the Pokemon, and her trainer. But it was good to see the two of them doing well. He could only hope his Hydreigon's recovery went as swimmingly. Thomas gave the Hatterene a nod and a gentle smile, keeping himself calm for her sake. Thomas would continue to listen to the younger trainer talk about her experiences, silently taking note of them. It was when she asked him what being a Gym Leader was like that he began to speak again.

"It has its challenges, but I welcome them.", he'd tell her. "I've gotten to know people better through the Gym, especially the Trial.", he would continue.

"If you'd ever like to take on my Gym, I'll be waiting for you, in any case."

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
Healing Duo [SD]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2020 10:18:02 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

Grace would share with an image of a memory, as compared to any particular thoughts. It was cold, snow on the ground. As a Kirlia, she wasn't quite strong enough to defend herself against invading ice-type Pokemon into her home. And when a wild Bergmite chased her around for what felt like forever and she eventually ran into Ruby, well it was destiny.

Ruby continued to smile, especially as Whisper seemed relatively calm in his presence. It wasn't often that she found someone who didn't at least annoy her in some way, so this was pretty nice. It seemed Whisper had appreciated the concern for herself. Ruby just gently placed a hand on Whisper's... Hip? The part of the hair that looked like a hip, anyways.

"I've... heard of the trial, actually." Ruby nodded her head a little bit but seemed to steel herself a bit as if to push herself through to admit it. "I would like to, um, take it. Your gym, I mean! I just, you know, figure I'm already going around trying to collect all the badges anyways, I'd like to try and win yours, you know?" There was obviously more to it than that, especially as both Whisper and Grace seemed to glance down at their trainer at the same time, her nerves easily readable to the two of them.

Unfortunately, the buzzer was sounding that it was time to switch. Forcing herself to breathe and calm down, Ruby stood up and reached over to get Thomas a handshake once more. "I'll uh, be sure to see you again soon sometime! You can bet on it!" And with that, Ruby took the hands of both of her Pokemon and slowly walked away.

That is, not before Grace gave a polite telepathic farewell to Pulse and Thomas as she practically floated away.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,471 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Healing Duo [SD]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2020 12:09:17 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As the Audino went through the memory, he was glad to see that it all ended well. Granted, he didn't have to deal with anything like that, and he was thankful for it. Still, he understood that such an ordeal must've been scary for the Gardevoir. So the Audino went up to the Gardevoir, making a bold move, and giving the Psychic-type a hug.

Thomas noticed that the Hatterene didn't seem to be too bothered with him. This was a relief, as Thomas had heard the stories about how they tended to 'voice' their misgivings with those who were too emotional for their tastes. Still, he kept himself in check around the Galarian-native Pokemon, and around the teenager in general.

After hearing the girl out, he gave her a smile. "I look forward to seeing you there.", he would tell her. As the buzzer rang, Thomas stood up from his seat as well. He would shake the hand of the Saint of Slateport. "Be safe out there, then. It was good to finally talk to you.", he would tell her, before parting ways with her. The Audino would wave to the trio, with a friendly cry, before taking his master's hand.

tags:
notes: FIN