6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
finer [sd]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 9:33:23 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he drags his mightyena again as he goes to the next table, its entire lower body freely hanging below kyle's arms as they hold the upper part. he almost straight up drops the canine on the carpeted flooring when he sees the next partner he gets.

unlike the other rounds, where he is somewhat familiar with them, the girl he sees situated opposite his side of the table was a complete stranger. he doesn't know how to start a conversation, hoping silently that she has the initiative.

the mightyena is left a few steps away from the chair kyle sits on. the table has been set up with desserts among other things. the sparkling water was the first one kyle gets his hands on.

"hello," he greets in the most casual way he can muster. "i'm kyle, and you're...?"

he sips as he waits for a response.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
finer [sd]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2020 0:45:55 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Already at the table, Kaida had done her usual. She had ordered food, what else could she do? Her Pokemon crowded around her feet, gnawing on chocolate and pokekibble. Still, Kaida was paying attention enough to see a man coming, dragging a Mightyena.

...needless to say, the scent of dog was near indistinguishable from man and mutt.

"I'm Kaida." She answered smoothly, leaning back slightly as Ormr and Hema raised their heads over the table, and Bragi jumped into her lap...with the way the air smelled, they seemed baffled it wasn't a Pokemon sitting across from Kaida. "...It looks like they want to meet you too. Ormr. Hema. Bragi. They're all safe." She nodded at each in turn and, encouraged by her own introduction, looked over at the left Mightyena.

"And your friend? I imagine that it's tired of this...I am too, but meeting new faces is always nice, seems only friends for me but that can't be bad."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
finer [sd]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2020 3:24:36 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
his hand goes to pet the pokemon he least knows about -- the toxel. he has its evolved form, but he never knew it had a pre-evolution form. the natural static of an electric-type tingles his fingers, though he's used to it by now.

"yeah that guy's been like that since earlier." he turns around to check on delta. there's not much progress since its meeting with a certain spheal. "i think he misses a pokemon friend he made during one of the earlier rounds."

turning back to kaida, he takes another sip of his glass and sets it on the table.

"ah, you too?" kyle sighs of relief. forcing himself to talk to people was exhausting, and he can only imagine that the person opposite his table feels the same. "want to turn this round to a breather? it's nice to meet new friends and all, but i totally get where you're coming from."

he takes a piece of chocolate that has been set on the table and puts it in his mouth.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
finer [sd]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2020 16:19:27 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

"A breather is appreciated." Kaida admitted, head hanging low. She pulled a piece of sweets towards her, they seemed to really like giving her cake for some reason, and started decimating it. No longer on her lap, Bragi pulled himself on the table and leaned into the petting, just barely avoiding flopping right into their food.

"Ormr, Hema, you can make friends." Kaida jerked her head at the despondent Mightyena, and the two slithered over, attempting to strike up a conversation in their own hissing way.

"Do you think we're going to be sugar rushed later?" Hopefully not, the feeling was like being drunkened, but with all these sweets...it was a little inevitable.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
finer [sd]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2020 13:14:08 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he chuckles at the idea.

"might be better that way, you know. at least we'll just be on autopilot and not have to worry about things to say."

he grabs for another piece of chocolate, if not motivated with the words that just escaped his mouth. he's been running a bit tipsy for throughout the event, unable to properly filter out his words. there has been no problems so far, at least.

"i've been a bit tipsy for that reason, by the way." he smiles profusely at the confession, tilting his head downward to try to hide it. he turns back to kaida after mellowing out a bit. "am i still red? is it obvious? i hope not."

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
finer [sd]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 4:57:01 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

"Not a bad idea...I already don't care." Kaida puffed out an airy laugh, if sugar was going to make the rest of this event easier than the previous "dates", then she welcomed it all with open arms.

...except drinks.

"You're red." She speaks bluntly, whether it was sugar or not, she wasn't hiding a particular burst of concern as she leaned forward, "Don't drink too much, you just end up tired among these strangers." She jerked her head at the pairs around them, "We're already going to have crowds of drunk, sugar-laced lovers...it doesn't sound fun to wake up someplace new after this!"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
finer [sd]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 5:59:04 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he wraps his arms around his head as he leans towards the table. maybe he shouldn't have been inhibiting himself too much with alcohol and sweets.

"ah... fuck. you're right."

the sound that signifies the end of the current round rings. people start to shuffle around them. he supposed they should do the same. it feels like it's only been a few moments, but he supposed it's why it's termed speed dating.

kyle sighs. he would've wanted a longer breather period for himself.

"well, i guess i'll hold back for now." he stands from his seat and whistles softly for his mightyena to get his attention. "good luck for your next round, kaida!"

his mightyena perks up from playing with kaida's pokemon and let's out a whine before begrudgingly following his trainer, who walks to the next table after giving kaida an awkward apologetic smile and a shrug of his shoulders.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
finer [sd]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 20:40:03 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Kaida couldn't help but give a nervous grin as the round ended, she could only hope Kyle would be alright at the end of all this, "Good luck. Don't push it."

Her own call for her Pokemon was a wave, and the serpent's returned to her side as she scooped up her Toxel, offering a brief wave as she stood and went searching.

He was right, a breather was nice...