6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
vs lucas lane [sd]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2020 13:59:06 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle was already seated on the table when the head scientist arrives. he wasn't in a wheelchair though, and he's not used to it. maybe he just associates wheelchairs with intelligence ever since watching x-men since lucas lane doesn't look as smart as his title suggest him to be in person.

"hello mister lucas lane," kyle greets. his arms rest upward against the table, where they support kyle's chin as he waited.

opposite him was his mightyena, who sat nervously on the chair reserved for the head scientist. the dark-type turns his head to look at the scientist, attempting to use attract with his puppy dog eyes so he doesn't have to get off of the chair.

"i heard you were talking shit about me. is that true?"

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
vs lucas lane [sd]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2020 19:34:39 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","avienbox"]
[attr="class","avienheader"]
[attr="class","avienparty"]
[attr="class","avienicon"]

[attr="class","avientext"]

Getting stood up for his first date was a heart wrenching experience for the scientist. But the mightyena's puppy eyes softened the blow. It made Lucas more interested in the dog than the elite four member, which given his looks wasn't a challenge.[break][break]

"It's good to see you Kyle," Lucas says as sets Amaura down. It cranes its neck towards Mightyena to get a better look at it as it tries to seduce the scientist. [break][break]

It takes Lucas a moment to process what Kyle had said. "What do you mean? Is this about me trying to get Bailey to pay her half of the exterminator fees?" His face becomes pained at the realization that this would be another failure of a date. "I can't believe she'd drag you into this."

[attr="class","avienooc"]

notes

[break]
[attr="class","avientag"]

[newclass=.avienbox]width: 400px; min-height: 200px; background: #2e2e2e; border: 1px solid #222222;color: #807e7e; line-height: 14px;text-align: left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienheader]width: 400px; height: 50px; background: #CC9964; display: flex; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienparty]padding-left: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienicon]display: inline; padding-right: 5px;opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienicon:hover]opacity:1; transition: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienActive]opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avientext]padding: 25px 30px; font-family: Roboto; font-size: 12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienooc]border-left: 10px solid #CC9964; font-size: 10px !important; margin: 0 30px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienooc p,.avientag]padding-left: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avientag a]color: #b1b6bc!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
vs lucas lane [sd]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2020 13:31:10 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the influence of alcohol gets him to smile proudly when he gets him to confess. it slowly turns to a scowl, unsure on how to process what he just heard from the head scientist.

"wait, why am i the one getting slandered if it was about bailey?"

more questions start to pop up in his head, clearly confused about the situation. he doesn't even know what exactly lucas lane called him, but the question gets buried with the more important ones.

"doesn't the league pay both of you guys enough to not worry about exterminator fees? are you and bailey poor?"

kyle starts to scratch his head. maybe they really were not being paid enough. part of him wants to ask for a raise all of a sudden.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
vs lucas lane [sd]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 5:23:43 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar
[nospaces]

"Well no one really slandered you," Lucas says awkwardly.[break][break]

"I'm making a fair salary, but I think Bailey said she wasn't before. Anyway, I don't want her to pay the whole thing, or even half. Just a portion of it so you know, she doesn't come to expect me to pay her bills all the time. You see I'm not paying for just my exterminator fees," he places one hand on the table. "But the one for her house too right now." Another hand comes down on the table. An attempt to explain the concept to a very drunk elite four member. "You see where I'm coming from?"

notes

[break]

[newclass=.avienbox]width: 400px; min-height: 200px; background: #2e2e2e; border: 1px solid #222222;color: #807e7e; line-height: 14px;text-align: left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienheader]width: 400px; height: 50px; background: #CC9964; display: flex; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienicon]display: inline; padding-right: 5px;opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avientext]padding: 25px 30px; font-family: Roboto; font-size: 12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienooc]border-left: 10px solid #CC9964; font-size: 10px !important; margin: 0 30px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
vs lucas lane [sd]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 7:33:23 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i feel so sorry for you for having to live with her. you have my condolence."

he doesn't know much about the relationship between the elite four member and the head scientist, but he knows enough just from the interactions they have in the league headquarters whenever he manages to witness the rare occasion that they assembled in the same room.

there's also the fact that kyle follows gossip well by being friends with npcs. it's a very convenient thing to have since he's learned so much about the people around him with those connections.

kyle checks his watch and then back to lucas lane.

"we have like a minute or something for the actual speed date left. do you, uh, still wanna try?"

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
vs lucas lane [sd]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 7:42:33 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar
[nospaces]

"We don't actually live together" Lucas corrects the elite four member. "And I wouldn't ever be her roommate." He lowers his voice. "I'd pity anyone that becomes her roommate. Have you seen the inside of her house? It's atrocious. I cleaned her kitchen before and honestly I think that was the first time it ever got cleaned since she bought the place."[break][break]

Lucas is caught off guard by Kyle's question. Red tinges his cheeks. "Oh uh sure. You like rocks?"

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
vs lucas lane [sd]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 7:49:28 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he knew bailey wasn't the tidiest person, but he didn't know she was this nasty. a drop of sweat rolls on his temple at the thought. he makes a note to bring hand sanitizer next time he meets up with her.

and then he gets his with the most random question. he doesn't know how serious the question was, but he was going to do his best to answer it.

"yeah! i like rockruffs so that basically mean i like rocks. do you like dogs?"

that was the only question that determines whether lucas lane was an actual decent person or if he was bottom of the barrel trash of society. then again, he already deals with bailey on the daily, so he wasn't sure if he should sympathize with that and lower his standards.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
vs lucas lane [sd]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 8:00:52 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar
[nospaces]

"Yeah of course I like dogs! I remember asking my parents for a dog as a kid, and instead they got me a pet rock. I named it Rocky.
I use to take it for walks just like a dog. Eventually my parents got me a purrloin but that didn't last long."[break][break]

The bell rings for the next round of speed dating. A real shame, things just started getting interesting between the two. Who knew there'd be another rock enthusiast like himself in the League? Not Lucas, or , and for that matter. The two were very apprehensive of his rock and fossil collection. Clearly the two didn't have a taste for the finer things in life like and Lucas did.[break][break]

"Guess we gotta go. But if you ever want to talk rocks more with me here's my number."

notes

[break]