2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
fly [m]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2020 15:22:52 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he waves his hand in the air as he sees someone moving towards him. he assumes it's his client.

dressed up as a cabbie, priam seemed too elated for the role. goggles were already over his eyes, ready to soar whenever. the sight of another person gets him to pause from his daydreams, lifting them up to get a better view of her.

"hello, ma'am! corviknights are sick so we're here to sub for them instead! that's fine, right?"

his braviary was already perched atop the carriage while priam stays on the ground. the bird watches with a glare, contrasting the friendly aura priam attempts to exude.

"so, where ya headin' to?" he asks.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
fly [m]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2020 16:32:18 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

Selena Desmarais
Busy day.

Selena have a lot of papers to finish before the day ends and sick corviknights are sure thing to worsen the already foul mood the perturbed journalist is exuding.

"I suppose it is." Selena bothered an eye roll."As long as it can carry us both." 

At least her chauffeur for the day was beaming with joy and has a vigorous personality, she told herself.

Before, Selena was actually surprised the Hoennians also use pokémons for their everyday commute. They use charizard glides in a similar fashion as the people in Alola and reminded her of the gogoat shuttles of Kalos. Corviknight taxis were new to her but she embraced it with such delight for it meant additional time for her to sleep or to work comfortably while in travel.

But a braviary, though.

"Take me to Rusboro." Selena made an effort to be the most pleasant she could, even curling her lips as she spoke, but failed in an attempt to put on a good smile. "I know I sound crass right now. I just really need this ride to be smooth and easy so I could work on my articles. I hope you understand."

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
fly [m]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2020 17:19:53 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
oblivious to the snark, priam answers with a grin. "my braviary won't disappoint!" he reaffirms with a chirp.

praim knows for a fact since this was the same braviary that has survived experiments multiple times, hardened with experiences that priam cannot share outside of rocket. he'd say the braviary was at the top percentage of its species, but he doesn't have anything to compare it with besides kingsley's dead braviary.

he guides her to the carriage, offering a hand to help her up. he takes note of her words, and it is the last part that gets more of his attention rather than the difficulty of her request.

"articles? ooh, you a writer? for what?"

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
fly [m]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2020 18:02:07 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
Despite their rough start, Selena was courteous enough to accept the man's offer to prop her up the carriage.

"Reporter."

She answered with conviction, as if insulted. Perhaps, it was what her parents degraded her profession when she told them she would not claim inheritance of the Desmarais family business. Scriber of fiction, weaving imagination into reality into the minds of young readers. She could still remember her father mocking her writing style.

She did not want to reduce writing to just plain fantasy word vomit⁠—although there was no excuse. It just put her on edge when someone questions her decisions and choices as if she's still a child. And Selena knew well it was not what her chauffeur intended.

She needed to clam down. Compose yourself, she tried.

"Rumors, gossips. Pokémon abductions by aliens. All sorts of boring news. I only had a few interesting leads but none of which points me to what I actually come for here in Hoenn." Selena could feel the man revving up his braviary, she started putting her bag beside her and bringing out her computer. "Imagine if I find anything that connects to Team Rocket. I bet I wouldn't even be sitting her in your cab—no offense—but I think I'd like it more sitting in a limo with tequila on my hand as my driver stroll me through Hoenn's highway to receive my first investigative journalism accolade."

But she's not in a limo just as she imagined. With the computer on her lap and a phone on her hand, she prepared herself for the mesmerizing skylines of Slateport whose urban fabric crawled to the sea, which Selena thought was actually the next best thing to an overpriced automobile.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
fly [m]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2020 18:33:07 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"reporter, huh? sounds cool!"

he'd ask for the stuff she writes if she hadn't told it to him first. it brings a worried frown on his face, which was thankfully not in her view. as soon as she enters the cab, priam climbs up his braviary.

"ooh, team rocket stuff, huh? aren't they kinda dead now?" priam knows the truth, but he does not dare tease it. "that's gonna be dangerous though, if, let's say, they're still alive and you're poking on their nest with your accolade stuff."

priam doesn't know the meaning of accolade.

"what's wrong with gossip articles? they're fun to read!"
priam doesn't read much though. "and hoenn's kinda fun! the big guys of the league always have some kind of drama going on. it's kinda like a tv reality show at this point. have you heard of the pocooper ship? it's kinda gross cause one of them doesn't take off his mask and the other is said to be alcoholic, but it's kinda sweet at the same time!"

before she could answer, priam starts to remember the list of etiquette briefed to him to cater for his rather reckless attitude towards anything. one of them is to ask the client for the go signal instead of taking off all of a sudden.

"oh, right. are you ready to go, ma'am?"

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
fly [m]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2020 3:20:00 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
"You're silly. No, I'd have to be poking their nest to get my accolade stuff."

She giggled⁠—whether the man was just teasing him or he didn't really know what's an accolade⁠—she did not bother asking. She did bother giving him a heads up though that she's all ready to fly before she continued.

"I heard that though. And that's what brought me here in Hoenn. Can you imagine an international villainous team, with agents spread across the continent continuously recruiting and doing their jobs, taken down by just a stupid coup?" Selena did not believe any of the rumors. She would be stupid to assume that Team Rocket's really dead.

"And yeah, gossips are fun and all but they're really not my cup of tea."

Selena did not started her journalism profession just to write on tabloids about who kisses who and who ditches who. She needed juicy beefs that would spring her career into one of the acclaimed reporters in the world. Such prestige is needed for her family to take her passion seriously.

"But you're definitely right, though. League dramas are spectacles. You know there's one time I had to write about Kanto League's negligence on that catastrophic pokémon incident that instead of working together they just fell apart." Selena thought she should not have mentioned it, given the fact that she's not entirely very proud of what she had written back then because of ethical concerns. "But the people realized they needed to do something and so trainers, rangers, and even ordinary citizens worked hand-in-hand to protect their cities. And that, my friend, is the journalist's job."

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
fly [m]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2020 5:14:20 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"coup?" he repeats. he notes that he really should start learning all of these difficult words. he chuckles instead, hoping that it constitutes for a response.

once on his braviary's back, he eases his pokemon into take off. its superpower allows it to carry the carriage with ease, with the whirlwinds produced with every flap of its wings stabilizing the carriage midair.

"ah, i wished they did that to fend off rocket in kanto," he shares. while he was currently a part of rocket, he was still originally a victim. "were you on kanto when it fell into ruin from rocket? i'd be surprised if you were!"

winds start to build up from his braviary's wings. the carriage gets lifted from the ground and the entirety of slateport starts to come into view as they ascend gradually to the skies.

so far so good, he comments to himself.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
fly [m]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2020 21:23:48 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
"Yep, a coup."

Selena reassured the cabbie—whether or not he knew what she was telling was not something going on inside her head.

When the braviary lifted off, she almost dropped her computer trying to grasp to her chair. She could have reiterated telling the man to fly smoothly but Selena was feeling the talk they were having. She gave it a pass.

"Well, it's not like it's their job to confront the rockets. To be fair, not all rockets are bad. I met a few in Johto who were quite idealistic for their age and had real passion for the things they believed." In her almost three years as a journalist, Selena learned to cut people some slack, especially those whom she thought have an opportunity to change. "Some people are just led with troublesome ideologies they don't realize that they are steering away from their intended goals and objectives."

But she agreed to him, though. If only people cooperated with one another, they would be able to fend off the gang from their region. Heck, they managed to protect their hometowns from a perilous threat. They could literally do anything if they are united.

"Actually, I was covering the entire incident." All the good times of her adventures in Kanto, even the bad, seemed to flash back inside her head. "But I'd spare you the details. Let's just say the people worked their shit out and everyone's happy. Besides, the real problem is in here—with recent incidents involving strange pokémons appearing from the sky and missing personalities—who's to say what happened in Kanto was worse than what's happening right now in Hoenn?"

Looking back at the window, Selena sized up Slateport from above the skies before reaching to her computer again, her eyes focusing now on the scribbles of her screen as her hands tapped through the keyboard. Several things happened in the region all in a span of months and Selena knew she could not miss out of any of these anymore. Panic will encroach the Hoenn like wildfire and a journalist's job is to always keep the people grounded with facts so they could face the perils of reality with much more confidence and preparedness.

"So mister, I was just wondering since we're already on that topic: if you have a chance to speak with the council with regards to the recent events in the city, what will you tell them?"

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
fly [m]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2020 7:29:32 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"er, i'm not really sure. i don't really follow the news most of the time."

his voice starts to get louder and louder to accommodate the conversation amid the turbulence the cab would soon experience. his braviary tries its best to make it stable, but that has nothing to do with how the winds disrupts the talking between the two.

"if i only go with things based on what i saw, then..." he takes a moment to think. "they should get their shit together!"

finally, they arrive at a high enough altitude where it starts to get difficult to understand each other.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
fly [m]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2020 23:12:16 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
Selena did not trouble giving her cabbie a response as the ride went turbulent above the ground. She summoned Calliope from her ball and told her to use PSYCHIC, controling and subduing the rather tumultuous fly to Rustboro.

She was sure she heard at least the bit of 'council's shit together' before retiring their delayed conversation, partly because her ears just popped, another is to let the man direct the bird on his own. She imagined despite her hard request to make the travel easy, she knew it was not an easy job to accomplish.

Calliope, with its eyes still glowing cobalt, wondered at her owner who was then dabbing the keyboard of her computer. Her eyes shifting from her screen to the cab's ceiling then back at the monitor, her fingers pushing to the pad then tapping into the sides, her tongue occassionaly clicking. Selena saw the curious gaze of her ralts before she lifted her and put her into her lap.

She returned to her work, spewing words after words just as when she felt her range returned to normal, sighing in relief.

"That was quite a ride." She noted the cabbie. "I didn't get to say what I wanted to."

"I hoped you didn't lose a teeth or two. Hahaha.="
She continued laughing.