6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
breakfast [c]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2020 18:31:24 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
for once, kyle managed to wake up before noah. with the comfortable outfit of boxers, a t-shirt and an apron, he goes straight down the kitchen despite the temptation to sleep longer.

coffee brews on the side of the kitchen while kyle opens up the stove for a meal. he takes eggs from his fridge and cracks them open, sizzling once they hit the pan. although he doesn't know noah's preference on the way he cooks his eggs, kyle assumes it's the same as his: sunny side up with a runny egg yolk.

the first rays of the sun start to filter through the kitchen windows. the taillow of the verdenturf suburbs start to get noisy with their birdsong. noah's alarm has yet to turn on surprisingly enough. kyle wonders if he charged his phone before going to bed.

the egg he got from the event remains on its incubator, laying on top of the fridge, taken from their bedroom cause it needs constant supervision. the yawn coming from kyle suggest that he may not be giving it the supervision it needs anyways.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,510 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
breakfast [c]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2020 6:05:03 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah emerges from sleep. his limbs, outstretched from grasping something, something, curl into his body as he murmurs soft complaints. the diminished warmth is what wakes him. the absence is what inspires him out of bed.

his shift off the mattress is awkward. yawning, he drags his nails across his bare stomach. each itch is a crisp raking. he pulls his boxers up properly from their salacious slant.

"kyle?" noah mumbles. their lazy morning together makes it difficult to jumpstart himself. "dude, wait. are you cooking our egg-baby?!"

he rushes over, pressing into kyle's back as he peers over at the sizzling pan.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
breakfast [c]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2020 16:53:36 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he hears noah arrive, although he initially makes no effort to recognize his presence besides a hum, too lazy to even make an effort to open his mouth.

having lived alone for a while, talking in the morning usually requires him to attend to something urgent. it takes form on when he feels something on his back, and finding out noah pressing himself on him.

kyle turns to noah, answering with a deadpan "yes."

he already has so much pokemon that kyle wonders if he'll even be needing whatever hatches from the egg. he decided to give it away after it hatched, but noah's sudden interest towards it makes him reluctant to follow through.

"i hate babies. egg-babies deserve to be baby omelette."

despite his statement, the eggs still weren't cooked as an omelette.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,510 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
breakfast [c]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2020 23:20:00 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah's slapped with mock-horror. as he drapes himself around kyle's shoulders, he sees the occupied incubator safe on top of the fridge.

"can't believe you're cooking like... kyle junior." noah says, nuzzling his nose into the other's neck. he shakes his head, dismissive of the man's act of murder. "we could've been dads, man."

the scent of oil and fatty egg hits his nostrils. his eyes glide toward the sizzling pan.

"oh hey, sunny side up. my fave. thought you were making an omelette." he bites a circle into the back of the elite four's neck before letting go. "need any help?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
breakfast [c]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2020 7:52:43 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he releases a groan as the bite draws a mark on his skin. he turns back to noah, facing him with a disgruntled expression, before planting a kiss on his forehead and returning to his work.

"you just wait there. you're not supposed to wake up until i finish this anyways. do you know how early this time is for me?"

the time read seven in the morning. probably too late for noah considering his life style, though this was already the earliest kyle can manage. the musing was kept on the recesses of his mind, concentrating more on not getting the food burnt.

the sizzling stops and kyle turns the stove off. he slides the eggs on a plate with a pile of bacon. the smell wafts through the kitchen. the unease outside provides the reasoning behind the locked doors.

"actually, can you take kyle junior? i think he's directly under the sun in that spot."

kyle catches himself, silently cursing himself for being in a trend of calling the egg a name he did not consent to.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,510 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
breakfast [c]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2020 8:21:24 GMT
noah faber Avatar

as noah cherishes the glancing touch of his forehead, he retreats to his chair. it finally hits him that kyle is up much too early. an odd reshuffling of routine. he hopes the man isn't sick.

"you called him kyle junior." noah teases. "that means it's confirmed then. locked in, dude. this egg-baby's name is kyle junior."

noah reaches for the incubator before grasping it by the sides. he slides it closer to the edge of the fridge and carefully retrieves their shelled son.

he sets the incubator on the table before plunging himself into a seat. reversed, with his head and folded arms resting on the top rail of the chair, noah scoots forward. "hey. do you think we'd be good dads?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
breakfast [c]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2020 10:56:25 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he grumbles. regret is apparent on his expression while he takes the plate full of bacon with the egg fried with the same bacon oil. the edges of the eggs were brunt brown while the bacon was as crispy as it can get while still being edible.

kyle makes a mental note to try better next time.

"i'm calling that thing whatever it's species is." kyle drops the plate on the dining table in front of noah. "you're going to make the dogs jealous if you call it your son but not them."

he moves back to the kitchen cupboards, looking for two pairs of utensils. he picks them up with a hand and the other takes two mugs: one of them a poochyena and the other, a yamper. kyle goes back to the table to set them for noah.

"probably not. you're clumsy as fuck. i'm too lax for big responsibilities like that. at the very least, good husbands, i think."

he takes off a last trip to the kitchen to get the pot of coffee and coasters. "you know, i haven't really seen you drink coffee. do you drink coffee?" if noah drinks alcohol, kyle assumes he'd be fine with coffee. then again, he had ulterior motives when they got drunk to warrant cheating on his strict health nut diet.

he pours one for himself as he waits for noah.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,510 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
breakfast [c]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2020 15:20:54 GMT
noah faber Avatar

he salivates. the sizzling smell of bacon grease coats everything. noah can already taste those crisp rashers, the smell is like sunday sleep-ins and mountain campfires, of lost pasts and lost peace.

but he's found peace. for now, that is. even though the bacon is burned, noah isn't picky.

"husbands..." noah rubs his chin as the light clatter of forks and knives delight his ears.

as kyle draws the roast forth. a waft of earthy aroma warms him.

"water's the best. it has the best taste." noah says. "though, o-j's good too, sugary but good- i'll take a coffee." his fingers tap against the yamper mug, which he has claimed as his own.

"anyway, we'd be good dads, man! we have to be for kyle junior." noah shouts against the calm of morning. "we'll make up for each other's weaknesses. i'll do the big responsibilities. you just catch the baby whenever i drop him."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
breakfast [c]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2020 15:53:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he takes the pot and pours one as well for noah, filling up the yamper mug before settling it on the table. sugar and cream were already prepared at the edge of the table from earlier, in case noah prefers his with them.

"can't you name the egg like you name your pokemon instead? call it martin or something, i don't know."

kyle finally takes his seat directly in front of noah. he takes a piece of bacon from the pile directly with his hand, chewing at it and feeling it crumble easily within the gnashing of his teeth.

"that sounds difficult. for the both of us." while he initially thought it was a good trade, he realized he can't trust noah with a living creature that cannot defend itself. "children are the root of all problems anyways. we're just going to fight who takes care of it when it cries in the middle of the night."

although it initially was just him looking for excuses, the afterthought only comes once he said it. he swallows the bacon before he clasps his hands together and turning his gaze to noah.

"you think we'll fight in front of the baby?" he suddenly asks.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,510 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
breakfast [c]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2020 16:03:57 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"c'mon, you know i'm good with names." noah ignores the cream, the sugar, the coffee. like a sensible wingull, he dives for the fatty bacon and plucks it with his beaked fingers.

noah scratches his chest with his free hand, each itch a passing thought. he sets his elbows on the table to eat with care. with no shirt, there is nothing to catch grease or coffee.

"fight?" noah hums. "oh yeah we will. we'll fight, like..." he makes an obscene gesture before bringing the yamper mug to his lips. "t-b-h, man, i'm excited for our first fight. sounds really weird, i know, but like, it's inevitable, right? it's normal."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
breakfast [c]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2020 16:26:34 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle reddens with the gesture before stuffing himself with another piece of bacon to distract himself from it. surprisingly enough, it's effective as he takes another grease covered treat for himself again.

he probably should use the fork he brought so it wouldn't be wasted.

a sigh follows after swallowing the food on his mouth. "yeah, you're weird." what kind of self-proclaimed number one fan would want to fight with the person he admires? he'd present the question to noah if his head wasn't too busy with another thought.

"what are we going to fight about, even?" he licks his fingers before wiping them lazily on his boxers. "it's like... i don't know how to explain this, but like, we're always down to do whatever the other wants for some reason. i don't know how to explain it, but you get the point."

he waits until noah puts something on his mouth before reflecting the obscene gesture he showed him earlier. impassiveness stays on his expression as he suddenly gets an idea.

"ooh, we can fight about the name of that egg! do you want to fight about that?"

kyle feels stupid to talk about it, but he's somehow compelled to entertain the idea.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,510 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
breakfast [c]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2020 16:40:47 GMT
noah faber Avatar

kyle had a point- but he wonders if they're hopelessly stuck in the honeymoon phase. despite the charred bits, they seem to frolic there. endlessly.

noah coughs, seeing kyle take revenge. with his mouth full, he can't retaliate with words. instead, through the vibration of his closed lips, he responds with an exaggerated moan.

he continues onward with no pause, with no second thought given to his deviance. there is a question to be answered and like a good boy, he will answer it.

"okay sure!" noah says, swallowing the rest before taking another strip of bacon. "martin's a dumb name. it has to be kyle jr. can you imagine how cool it would be to be named after a hero of hoenn? like, no kid would wanna mess with him."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
breakfast [c]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2020 16:55:46 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"but i'd rather be called martin than kyle..."

kyle grabs his mug and stares at his coffee, devoid of sugar and cream, as he contemplates on his life. maybe he should have been wishing for a better than martin since that was uglier than kyle, probably. he starts to question his naming conventions.

"kyle is, like, the most normal name though, like something you'd call an npc. why would you give that name to our son? noah is less generic. why can't we call it noah junior instead?"

he takes a sip. the bitterness and caffeine does little to affect his system that was already used to the substance. he places it back to the table and props his legs up to the ledge of his chair. he rests his chin on his knees as he hunches over.

"my fame isn't going to last forever too. with those ultra beasts popping up lately, someone's going to be the new hero of hoenn sooner or later. you should choose a better reason for kyle junior or we're going with noah junior."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,510 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
breakfast [c]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2020 5:05:53 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"noah junior?" noah sticks his tongue out and shakes his head. "my name sounds like a grandpa's. i hope i never become one, t-b-h. end me before i'm old, dude."

the bodyguard scarfs down another strip of bacon. crumbs scatter on to the plate as his yamper mug watches on in petrified horror. as he listens, noah sucks his own fingers clean. despite the grandeur of kyle's history, the perspective he holds is grounded.

"forget about the name a sec, man... did you wanna be famous, even?" noah asks, eyeing the thick glass of the incubator. "'cause... if someone new's gonna be the hero of hoenn," he cuts into his eggs finally, letting the yolk ooze, "maybe it'll be me. i'm gonna take the cadet test."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
breakfast [c]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2020 8:45:05 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"wait, why?"

kyle slumps on the surface of the table until his cheek lays flat. his eyes look up to noah from his position, trying to imagine him in his old uniform. while he does look good in his vision, nothing beats regular, casual attire noah.

finally, he whines.

"being a bodyguard sounds hotter than being a cadet though-- wait, is that why were in that line of business?"

the realization was a brief break from his worries. they come flooding back as his expression turns to a frown. kyle has been a cadet for more than a year, and he knows the grunt work they do. kyle starts to fuss about their time together being cut instead of the stress noah would experience.

"that means you'll be busier though. i can take over walking the dogs, but it'll be lonelier without you. i want you to be here when i want you..."

he still deposits on noah's account for dog walking though.