i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
Lost Woods [M]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2020 2:56:40 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Adam scratched his head and looked around to see nothing than the same forest which was beginning to feel like stretched endless. Something about all of this felt incredibly off.

He couldn’t remember where he was, how long he had been walking for and much of what he was supposed to be doing in this forest to begin with. All he could remember was that he came here with Kyle and they were looking for something……that was part right….right?

”Hey, do you remember what we were supposed to be doing again?” He’d ask, turning to Kyle.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,412 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Lost Woods [M]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2020 16:33:36 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
on his own, kyle was a responsible human being. with someone competent enough to take the reins, kyle devolves to a dependent slacker that pushes all responsibilities to that someone.

unfortunately, adam is just that.

"forgot about it too to be honest. i'm just following your lead cause i thought you knew."

he takes a look at the time on his phone. it's been long enough since they started wandering around petalburg woods, and they haven't even made any progress on whatever they're supposed to do. the objective of their trip is even lost if both of them have not taken the opportunity to remember what it was.

"are we walking around for nothing?" he asks genuinely, albeit bluntly. "we can just go home or something without doing whatever it was, right?"

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
Lost Woods [M]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2020 5:55:47 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Adam cursed under his breath; they really screwed the pooch on this one. Much like Kyle, Adam too checked the time to see how long they had been wandering about the woods and much to his ire they had been here for a while.

That didn’t even make any sense, these woods weren’t even that big if they had really been walking around for that long they’d cover the entire place a few times over by now and they couldn’t have done that right? They would have found what they were looking for by now.

”I’d have to just give up and not finish a job. Let’s give it one more sweep and if nothing comes up we can call it a day.” Again the idea of calling it quits didn’t sit right with him but it was possible this job was just a bust anyway.

Wouldn’t be the first time someone called in a wild goose chance. And despite all the walking, they might do none of it would amount to anything. Their surroundings never changed, the forest kept going on and on. When Adam noticed this he stopped and turned to Kyle.

”Okay I know we’ve passed this spot about ten times at this point.” What the hell was going on?

”Tell me you’ve noticed this too right? We’re going straight but somehow walking in a circle.”

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,412 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Lost Woods [M]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2020 17:40:57 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"oh, uh, yeah."

kyle can't really confess he wasn't paying any attention since adam might not let him tag along on his jobs later on. he turns his head around to carefully note his surroundings. while he wasn't attentive to what's in front of him, they do seem familiar as adam had pointed out.

"do you just wanna take the easy way out and fly up?" he offers. "we're giving up on trying to find something anyways, so there's no point on staying on the ground."

he readies a pokeball containing a flying-type when he looks up and stares at the canopy above them. "was it always supposed to be that thick? shouldn't it be thinner since hoenn experienced this weird winter thing?"

one could not even see the sky between the interweaving branches overhead. the leaves clump together to form a thick layer of roofing for the forest and strangely enough, it seemed devoid of life when it normally houses taillows and butterfly pokemon.

kyle remains staring upward as he tries to form logic out of the illogical.

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
Lost Woods [M]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2020 14:57:47 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
”Yeah let’s do that.”

Kyle had a point, and Adam wanted to get the hell out of this weird forest. He pulled out a pokeball, ready to release one of his flyers and get the hell out of here but right before he did Kyle spoke up again.

”Huh?” What was he talking about? Adam looked up cursing under his breath as he realized what Kyle was referring to. First, they were walking around in circles and now this? Was this place haunted or some shit? Adam let out an annoyed groan, trying his best not to cuss up a storm.

”These woods never get this thick.” Adam replied. ”Been here plenty of times and not once during any point of the year have I seen it get this bad. At this point, someone has to be fucking with us.” The idea of just burning the place down was extremely appealing right about now.

He’d sigh and calm himself down, kicking a rock a good distance away to let out a bit of frustration. And that would be it if it didn’t sound like the rock hit something and there was a grunt that followed after.

Adam paused, thinking hard about what just happened to make sure it did actually happen. ”Did you hear that?” He’d turn to Kyle. They weren’t alone in this forest.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,412 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Lost Woods [M]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2020 18:02:47 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he turns his head to the source of the sound, previously droopy eyes opening wide. his attention shifts to adam as he asks the question, and then back to the direction where they heard it from.

"do we get to do something now?"

kyle draws his pokemon quick, plucking a pokeball and releasing a mightyena. it materializes in front of them, taking a battling stance against the creature before them.

"permission to fire a hyper beam, sir!"

his posture corrects itself as he faces the source of the sound with his pokemon. his voice turns deeper and his tone becomes serious, but in a way that it was clearly all games.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,646 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Lost Woods [M]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2020 5:28:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#4d72a0[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
grimmsnarl

has attacked!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

male - prankster[break]
false surrender / spirit break / nasty plot / play rough / hammer arm / fake out

MAYBE IT'S THE SOUND OF HAIR. but the noise is too thick. too firm. there's too much base; however, a grimmsnarl's hair acts as muscle and sinew. the forest foliage masks the encroaching hairs...[break][break]

[attr="class","missionTag"]

&
close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
Lost Woods [M]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2020 20:30:10 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Kyle seemed really eager to blow something the fuck up and Adam couldn’t blame him for it, this job had been boring as fuck and now it was just getting interesting but if you asked Adam in the worst sort of way.

”Hold on there a sec. Let’s figure out what we’re dealing with first before you start blowing everything up and turn this place into Slateport.” Last thing they needed was to then have to deal with a forest fire going nuts because one of them got a bit too trigger happy. Though seeing a Mightyena shoot a death beam was a pretty funny idea.

Adam’s let’s think about this first mentality went out the god damn window when his foot was suddenly snagged by something and he was now being dragged across the forest floor like a rag doll.

”Okay you have permission to fire!” Adam cried, doing his best to grab onto whatever he could as he was being swept away. Looking back to try and see what was dragging him but he couldn’t at first until it was then pulled up from the ground and the culprit was revealed to be a Grimmsnarl.

”SHOOT IT! GOD DAMN IT! I’M NOT TRYING TO BE EATEN BY A TROLL!”

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,412 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Lost Woods [M]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2020 18:31:23 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
they finally get a target once it reveals itself. adam does a good job at being bait that kyle would have given him praises had it not been another priority taking place. with the permission granted, kyle's expression changes.

the mightyena's tail wags, showing the great synergy it has with his trainer when both are in the mood to destroy.

"hyper beam!"

the dark-type plants its feet firmly on the ground for traction as energy accumulates from its maw. a continuous stream of bright energy gets fired from the mightyena towards the grimssnarl.

while the attack was ongoing, kyle prepares another mightyena.

"second barrage, go! hyper beam!"

a second mightyena stands beside the first. the exact same thing happens, and the two attacks conjoin, obliterating the culprit that forced them to walk on circles for hours.

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
Lost Woods [M]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 7:27:37 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Adam surely said what he said but once he thought it through he regretted it almost instantly afterwards. But it was too late, Kyle had given the order and his mutts were getting ready to attack.

”Wait wait wait wait! Do they even know how to aim right?!” Adam waved his hands in front of his body, a futile attempt to get Kyle to reconsider before he fired.

”I don’t want to end up dead! Hold up a sec-“ The Hyper Beams were fired but luckily, and by the grace of god, Adam somehow managed to survive. Though as Adam looked back it didn’t seem like his attacker did, which the sight terrified him, that could have been him!

”Oh the one hand thanks but could have no chosen any other way of doing that! You could’ve killed me!” Adam yelled as he picked himself up off the ground.

During his yelling, he noticed something was odd or well it wasn’t supposed to be odd but the forest layout looked actually different. ”We’re free!” He exclaimed.

”Let’s hurry and get the hell out of here, man.”

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,412 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Lost Woods [M]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 18:33:23 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle recalls his pokemon into their balls as soon as they obliterate the enemy. being bored for the last hour or so did something to his trigger-happy instances.

"come on! that was our one chance for action today."

with the illusion fading, kyle follows after adam out of the forest.

they may have escaped one of them, but there was no promise that there wouldn't be any more. as much as kyle wanted to let off steam by getting his pokemon fire off more hyper beams, walking around in circles once more wasn't on his agenda.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
Lost Woods [M]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 0:33:55 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy, 1x rainbow shard.
[break]