snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
oh, drunken gods of slaughter, you know i've always been your favorite daughter.
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
third degree [m]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2020 19:50:47 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
a fire in fortree sounds unfathomable. the city is a fortress of trees, each one older than the last with sturdy trunks and winding branches. no one would even entertain the idea of setting fire to such a place and yet, she finds herself staring into the flames as they dance across the ground.

someone has, indeed, set fire to this city of trees. it's disgusting. who could do such a thing?

people scream and shout, panic rising with each loud collapse of burning trees. at this rate, the whole city might burn into ruins. her anxiety is heightened, the smell of smoke borderline suffocating. a cough escapes her as she scrambles forward, a furret nestled against her shoulders. faba, her darling furret and walking companion, had spotted the billowing black smoke on their latest outing. and now, as she's rushing into the thick of it with nothing more than herself, her furret, and the strong need to help people, she can't help but feel dread coil itself into the pit of her stomach.

will people die if she isn't fast enough? will she be enough for this? without hesitation, a hand fumbles toward the pokeballs nestled against her belt. water, water, water. put out the fire! a vaporeon materializes, then, quick to keep up to her panicked speed. "mare," she cries, glancing toward the water type with wide eyes. "hydro pump! we have to put the fire out. now!" her tone is hurried, nervous, frantic. if they don't hurry, the fire will engulf the entire city...

"faba," she murmurs toward the furret at her neck. the normal type glances up at her, expectant. "try to find help. go." and then, the long ferret unfurls from her shoulders and slips away, little legs scrambling against the forest floor. faba will find help, illeana knows she will. and so, with shaking hands and a trembling voice, she begins to tentatively take control of this situation. "keep up that hydro pump, mare! i'll look for any civilians." the vaporeon offers a coo of understanding before going back to the task at hand. water flows freely from the aquatic dog, arcing toward the frenzy of flames.

the woman begins searching for any victims of the fire, her back turned toward the spot where faba had disappeared to. if only she knew who faba would bring back...
flammaenixlapisaliummarefaba
close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
I can't change! Guess you can blame it on my left-side brain!
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
third degree [m]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2020 22:45:39 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]

"Keep the fire off of me, I'm almost done here!" Rex grumbled and riddled through a case, he just hit the jackpot in goods (all stolen from abandoned housing and fleeing trainers), but it didn't feel like it! He wasn't sure if the blaze was some fellow Rocket trying to help in his thievery or some idiot kid, but still! Didn't they have any chill? Fire didn't have to get this bad! [break][break]

Two strong wings covered his back from any falling debris while his insectoid beast fired Brine after Brine into nearby blazes. He was smart enough to pull on his mask, but the smoke still encroached dreadfully all in his mouth and nose. They weren't putting out the fire anytime soon, but he wasn't aiming to. They were going to be gone the moment real fire authority arrived. Hello and thank you arsonist, you made this job way easier! [break][break]

Something changed his plans for today. Namely, a Furret. He blinked curiously at the furry being. No way did he see anyway this ferret could actually battle, but other people liked these cute-as-hell things, and he wasn't one to give up free money! "One, One, I'm fine. Get that thing, buddy." [break][break]

The Aerodyactl stared for a moment, then clicked its teeth together as electricity crackled in a Thunder Fang. Paralysis would make this little critter so much easier to carry. However, it was far more at home in the sky, and only managed to waddle forward awkwardly, letting out an intimidating snarl.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Here we go...One uses Thunder Fang!...slowly...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
oh, drunken gods of slaughter, you know i've always been your favorite daughter.
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
third degree [m]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2020 2:06:17 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
while illeana and mare work on dealing with the flames, faba has begun her search for help.

it brings her toward a man with a mask, busying himself with rummaging through a curious case. the furret makes a sound of confusion toward the man, fluffy tail swishing from side to side. she wants to ask him what he's doing, why he's not helping her trainer. and so, with a determined face, she ventures forward to the man and gives him a nudge with a small paw. yips escape her mouth and she scurries about in circles, as if trying to explain even though it's futile. times like these she really wishes she could talk in way that humans would understand. it would save her so much time! except, luck seems to be on her side in this moment and the man turns toward her. his words are lost on the furret as she chitters excitedly at him, as if he finally got the message she was trying to convey. she's going to bring help back to her precious trainer! yay!

his aerodactyl seems to have other plans, however, as it steps forward with a menacing snap of sharp teeth. faba squeals and darts away, eyes turning into a pointed glare toward the prehistoric pokemon. how dare it give her such an aggressive display when she's only trying to get illeana help? did it not understand the situation? does she have to be more clear? her eyes barely catch sight of the electricity that begins to crawl from its jaws at first, distracted by her own thoughts. it's only when it hobbles closer, dangerous eyes gleaming, that she begins to understand.

these aren't friends. they aren't going to help. she's in trouble. run.

she doesn't get very far, however, as the aerodactyl has gotten too close for her to escape now. and so, with the loudest cry she can muster, she calls toward her trainer for help, for safety, for survival. the sound echoes throughout the space and with that accomplished, the furret begins to dart around the aerodactyl, zigzagging in a way that she hopes will make it difficult for the fossil to get. she just needs to dodge until illeana gets here. she can manage that, right? her trainer will come save her soon.

the familiar cry reaches illeana's ears and she startles, head whipping around in alarm. where's that coming from? where's faba? did she find help or something else? oh god. her legs move before she has time to think, scrambling toward the direction the furret had disappeared in. please be okay, please be okay...

"faba?" she calls out, voice trembling. a few more moments pass of searching before the woman manages to find her furret. only... when she does find her pokemon, the normal type isn't alone. she's darting around an aerodactyl, one that is currently trying to snap electrified teeth down onto the ferret's skin. no, no, no. "what do you think you're doing?!" fury rises in her body, overtaking any other feelings. she shakes as she approaches, steely eyes narrowed into daggers. "leave her alone! how dare you? she was only trying to get help, not attacked," she snaps. faba darts toward her, a soft whimper escaping as she retreats. "why are you wearing a mask? did you know this fire was going to happen?" after a pause, she begins to put together assumptions. "wait," illeana gasps, eyes widening as realization settles in. "did you start this?"
close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
third degree [m]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2020 4:06:26 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

The scene before Illeana was almost surreal in its reality. A man lounging on a still intact case, two prehistoric monsters around him. One blasted water helpfully into the blaze, but only enough to keep the flames off of them. The other slipped and snapped after a Furret while Rex called playfully, "Did I trade ya for a loser or somethin'? Are you number one or what?" He almost seemed disappointed that this "quality time" with his Pokemon was so rudely interrupted, and One lost his prey too! [break][break]

"Who are you?" He grumbled almost inaudibly, "You're not fire control..." Clearly, it was more important to him on why this simple mission was suddenly so much harder. It was almost easy just now! At least, not until she started spouting slander about him. His eyes, the only visible part of his face, narrowed as he spluttered, "Hell no I didn't do this! What do you think I am!? Stupid!?" He jerked to his feet, his mask seemed to snarl, and his fists curled. [break][break]

"Look, I'm not putting out this fire anytime soon, so I'm sure as heck ain't sticking around here, I'm busy, and not suicidal!" He spat, pointing at the woman, "So get out of my way. One! Two!" Two reacted first, already irritated at being in the midst of fire, she spat a foamy mass of Brine towards the woman in one smooth turn of the head. One, finding no success attacking close-range, snorted and called ashy rocks from underneath his feet to race towards her in a general battering wave.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Two uses Brine at Illeana, One uses Ancient Power! They are not aiming to kill, yet.

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
third degree [m]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2020 20:34:25 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
is it rude of her to stare? she can't help it. this whole situation is baffling... why is he just lounging on a case and mocking his pokemon? is that a normal thing to do? she doesn't understand, probably never would. what she does know, however, is that this man is trouble and she wants nothing more than to leave.

illeana stays silent as he babbles to his pokemon, faba trying to scurry back toward the safety of her legs. her stare is judgmental and yet, she almost feels sorry for him and his pokemon. who made him this way? is this what could happen to anyone...? before she can contemplate further, he grumbles toward her, a question that she doesn't think he really wants the answer to. and yet, she gives him one anyway with her hands placing themselves firmly on her hips. "i was passing by and decided to help," she retorts, as if it's the most common answer to give. "who cares if i'm not fire force? if i can help, then i'm going to help." her statement is firm, leaving no room for debate. she'll help as much as she can, as long as she can. it's the only thing she can do.

faba manages to get closer to her while she speaks, the small furret almost cowering on the ground by this point. those teeth look even more menacing than before... is that even possible? illeana glances down toward the normal type with softer eyes, a look reserved for her pokemon alone. "it's alright," she murmurs, keeping her voice low and relatively soothing.

"look," she sighs, his snarl managing to make her back down just a fraction. "you seem to be the only person around here not concerned about the fire. that, logically, leads me to believe you started this." she tries to maintain a dignified response toward him. it's difficult but somehow she manages... at least, until he starts speaking again. her body seems to freeze as he speaks, the idea of him leaving now suddenly impossible for her to grasp. there's no way he could just leave without helping, without doing something about the fire. does he not care about the people here? the pokemon that are scrambling for their lives? how dare he.

another surge of anger begins to rise and she struggles to keep it in check, to keep herself from breaking into something she doesn't want to be. "how could you leave these people to suffer? do you have no decency?" her voice breaks as she speaks and she ignores it in favor of crossing her arms over her chest. she'll stop him, she has to. "no," she breathes, an attempt at standing her ground. she won't move out of his way, won't give him the chance to just leave this fire blazing. his pokemon begin to move and she finds herself in the direct line of fire. the foamy mass of brine hits her head on, washing over her body and leaving her drenched. illeana stumbles slightly, the strength behind the move coming as an unexpected force. faba begins to dart around beside her, panic rising in the small ferret with each passing second. what should faba do? protect her trainer? she can't fight very well... oh god.

rocks begin flying, quite literally, toward them in the scuffle and illeana can't bite back the shriek that escapes her throat. it's a panicked sound that sends faba into action, a blind endeavor to protect her dear trainer. it doesn't matter that there's rocks flying toward them, breaking the ground apart and knocking into her body with such force it's difficult to move. no, the furret doesn't care. she only needs to protect illeana. protect protect protect. "faba, no," the woman cries, scrambling after her pokemon. "it's dangerous. please, no." faba won't listen, however, and she approaches the aerodactyl with a quick attack. her little legs scurry as fast as they can and she launches herself toward the prehistoric creature if only to stop the onslaught of attacks. it might be futile, it might be dangerous, but it's all faba can do.

faba uses quick attack in an attempt to stop one!
close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
third degree [m]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2020 22:39:24 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"Oh. You want to believe you're a hero." A roll of the eyes displayed such distinct disrepect, she might as well have been a child who said she wanted to be a superhero. How did the world support so many idiots like this? Her Furret didn't even attack an attacking Pokemon! He supposed losers always wanted to work harder to be "good", it was the only thing they were good at. Whereas he needn't waste his effort, he was good at fighting, he didn't need to concern himself with things like "morals" or "good". No, that was all so exhausting and hard, when he could be focusing on other things. It was so sad, he could almost feel sorry. Yet she still thought he was the arsonist, so she was quickly working her way up into irritating idiot, though. [break][break]

Then, when she asks him the idiotic question, he laughs, the teeth of his mask matching his mirth. "Cause I don't want to die! Will they pay me for me risking my life, give me a Pokemon, return the favor? No, they won't!" Everything he did, he got something out of it. He was stable, he was safe. He knew his usefulness, and what he could do, much like a Houndour in a pack. [break][break]

And she was going to stop him? Doubtful. As the Brine and Ancient Power sent her back, Rex started forward, face twisted in a smile only betrayed by the way his eyes widened and locked on her, "Well, come on then! Wanna fight? Get your Pokemon, or you and I are going to go, got me!?" His voice rattled and warped, overwhelming excitement and fear bubbling in his throat. If he didn't leave here, he was going to die, but this little hero needed a lesson on how power worked! Two sided up to him, mouth parting in a hiss as she extended her claws in a Fury Cutter. Pokemon fight or fist fight, he wanted some kind of blood to mark this.[break][break]

One grunted as the Quick Attack hit him square in the chest, seeming to do nothing other than rock him on his heels a bit. Rock-type didn't experience much pain from such mundane attacks and, as a natural predator, he felt even less. His own snarl unveiled on his face. Rex called him a loser cause of this little rat! A roar broke through the air as his talon whipped up, aiming to pin the little Furret beneath his weight. Electricity crackled in his maw once more, and he lashed down to give the little Pokemon a great, big Thunder Fang...yet One wasn't done yet. The bite should be enough to capture it, the more logical side argued, but he wanted to impress Rex...the predatoral mind only knew one way it could impress others...

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: One uses Thunder Fang on Furret!...and he's thinking how to impress Rex. Two uses Fury Cutter on Illena!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
third degree [m]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2020 21:20:37 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
a scoff escapes illeana at his words. her, a hero? no way. she's the farthest thing from a hero... "no," she retorts, facial features beginning to morph into a scowl. "you don't have to be a hero to help someone in danger." or is she just naive? does she not understand what heroes stand for? perhaps. she had never really given it much thought before. she just... knew she wanted to help people, keep them safe from the cruelty of the world. in the end, it turns out that she had been the one in need of saving all along.

he begins to laugh at her, a mocking sound that rings in her ears. she understands his stance to some degree, finds it to be something that others might even agree with. some require rewards for being good, for putting themselves into the line of fire for the sake of others. she, personally, has never seen much of an attraction toward that notion. it feels dirty to accept money for doing the right thing. ah, but that's the thing about morals in the end... the right thing for her is certainly not the right thing for him. and so, with a hardened stare, she replies. "you never know," is all she offers, all she wants to say on the subject.

the man stalks closer, a predator closing in on his prey, and she can't stop the tremble that rises. her hands shake with each step he takes and oh god, is this what a mouse feels like in the face of a cat? her eyes widen as he taunts her. his tone is... excited? he enjoys this? her terror is amusing to him? she's revolted by the thought, a wave of nausea overwhelming her and leaving her firm in her place. her legs have managed to steady themselves after the onslaught of attacks. thankfully, she isn't in the dirt yet. her body is holding strong despite the absolute dread. "stop it," she whimpers. she doesn't know how to fight, whether it's with pokemon or with another human being. she's not prepared for this, not equipped to handle such a task. "i don't -- i don't want to fight you!"

her words don't stop him. instead, his pokemon joins his side and she can't bring herself to move. god, move legs! damn it! come on... an almost inaudible whimper escapes as they get close enough for an attack to land. sharp claws lash out at her and oh god does it hurt. her arms fly up in a feeble attempt to protect herself, the fabric of her shirt getting torn apart in the process. each hit seems to be stronger, faster, even more agonizing. blood drips down her arms and she winces, chest heaving as she struggles to keep herself from shrieking. don't give him the satisfaction, illie. don't do it.

except, she does scream anyway and the claws just keep coming. a barrage of razor sharp appendages slice through her skin with ease and she stumbles. is her entire body cut now? it feels like it... every inch of her hurts and she's certain the dampness is from her own blood. god, is she going to die here?

faba's attacks have managed to do nothing to the aerodactyl. in fact, she's certain she's only managed to anger the prehistoric creature more. still... she has to protect her trainer. speaking of her trainer... she glances toward illeana only to watch as a fury cutter tears her skin apart and it's almost as if the world stops spinning. faba lets out a sharp snarl and tries to dart toward her trainer. she must protect her, must save her from these villains. except, she doesn't get far at all as a large foot smothers her progress. she's trapped, encased by the large appendage and all she can do is squirm beneath the pressure. squeals of pain begin to escape her, soft at first until they rise in volume to become agonizing shrieks. it hurts it hurts it hurts! her body continues to flail and thrash, anything to get away and to illeana. instead of freedom, however, she finds herself deeper in trouble as the aerodactyl's jaw begins to crackle with electricity. the same attack from before... last time, it hadn't hit her. this time is different...

as the charged jaws clamp down onto her body, faba screams and it sounds amplified. a hyper voice escapes her and if she can't get away, if she can't knock the aerodactyl away... the least she can do is attempt to get help. mare should still be around the fire, right? her voice should reach the vaporeon... it has to. they won't make it otherwise. the scream fades and the furret squirms beneath the pressure of both jaws and talons. oh god, it hurts. please make it stop.

"stop it," illeana screams, her voice hysterical now. she's sobbing, legs finally giving out as her body crumbles to the ground. "you're hurting her! stop it!" her precious furret, her precious faba. please, no no no. a wail escapes her and she's scrambling, stumbling toward her pinned pokemon with numb legs and bleeding arms. panic has taken hold of her by now and oh god it's so hard to move. her legs are heavy and she can barely breathe and oh my god faba. another sob escapes her and she can't bring herself to move fast enough to save the furret. "please... stop." it comes out broken as her feet slip out from under her and she's tumbling toward his legs, face hitting into the ground. does she look as weak as she feels? is this it? oh god.

faba uses hyper voice in an attempt to call for help!
close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
third degree [m]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2020 0:35:39 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Warning: Given I will now be starting a potentially distressing scene now, I'd like to put a warning here just in case involving violence and death. Thank you! [break][break]

[break][break]

Don't want to fight him. That's a joke, right? He only halts for a moment, then growls as Two leaps forward, "Well, you picked a fight, didn't you? Let me give you an lesson, from my experience." Two wouldn't kill, not right away. As wild as she was, she knew he could use a human, and held off on deadly blows as he talked, "When you pick a fight and you can't win, they beat the shit out of you!" Quite suddenly, he stops Two, leaning on the dangerous Pokemon's back with a smirk. The air smelled more like iron than smoke by now, and all he could think was that he was glad it wasn't his, "So? Feel like fighting now? I suggest Pokemon, you look messed up." [break][break]

The Hyper Voice exploded into the air, forcing Rex to flinch away as Two loomed protectively. Behind him, One shrieked and clamped down harder, one eye locked on Rex. Stop it! You're hurting him! In the chaos of it all, a ghost memory surfaced. Long, long ago. When his skin was rock, when many of his kind hunted in bloody hunts. What had they done to impress the others, to prove their merit. Oh yes. Of course. [break][break]

Rex glowered down at the begging "hero", momentarily forgetting about the fire, of everything. "Damn, at least that thing has more spirit!" Abruptly, the sound of the Hyper Voice faded. One was flying up with the Furret in his claws, eyes locked single-mindingly on the endless sky. "Huh...what's he doing?" Rex had little time to ponder, as the fire licked ever closer. With all sorts of carelessness, Rex suddenly leaned down and grabbed Illeana, unheeding to how much pain he could cause. The blood slicked his palms and turned his stomach, but his voice would never show it, it wasn't his blood, he wasn't the one hurt, he needed to remind himself as he taunted and cojoled. They were leaving, conversation was no longer possible near the fire. "Up and at 'em! You still owe me a fight, you got it!? Those little scratches aren't going to kill you, so move, now!" He'd drag this waste of time with him if he had to, beating someone wasn't a win unless they at least tried to win! She made this so much harder, he needed this win! [break][break]

Up the the sky, One had far passed the point where he could drop the Furret and have it faint. There was still time to turn around, to drop from a more reasonable point, but reason was no longer in One's mind. He wanted Rex to see this, he needed it. Rex would say the nice things he sometimes said, maybe he would even say them all the time if he was impressed. He was One's flock leader, the leader who needed to see his merit. Even as his wings grew tired, and the smell of blood faded, One knew Rex was being the fighter he always was. He would smell of iron, red in the fists, broken teeth with that predator-prey look in his eyes. How he loved the "T-rex". [break][break]

He dropped Faba.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: One uses Sky Drop on Furret! :'( Two stops attacking and Rex tries to grab Illeana and get out, cause he's still owed a fight!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
third degree [m]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2020 20:08:26 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
warning: depictions of violence and death ahead. please do not read if these are sensitive topics for you!

the blows don't stop and she's screaming with each one, each swipe of sharp claw against skin. god, she must look like a pathetic mess right now... all blood and tears. and yet, she can't focus on anything other than trying to get to faba. illeana struggles to get up, to do anything other than collapsing and god it's so hard. her legs have no strength left by now. the pain is draining her of more than just sticky red liquid and she can barely even focus on the sound of his voice. his words echo in her ears over the shrill shrieks that claw out of her throat. when you can't win, this is what happens. you get beaten, torn, bruised. it makes sense and realistically, she should have already understood that lesson. her mind offers flashes of old memories as if to make his point more clear and she winces. please, no.

suddenly, the claws stop slicing and she stares as he leans against his armaldo. the scent of blood clings to the air, heavy and metallic and oh god she can practically taste it. nausea rises instantly and she gags, doubling over as two hands rise to cover her mouth. the woman tries to swallow it back, tries to keep herself from vomiting at his feet. somehow she manages and with a shaky breath, she slowly straightens to stare at him once more. her hands fall away and leave bloody trails across her cheeks, the smell stronger now. ugh, it's revolting... breathe, illie, breathe.

"i'm," she gasps, pausing in a feeble attempt to even out her shaky voice. "i'm not -- i'm not fighting you." even without her current state, she wouldn't stoop to his level. no. she won't, she can't. a pained hiss escapes her as she tries to gather herself and stand. her legs wobble and although it had been a good effort, she finds her body rushing back to the ground again. dirt blends with blood and oh god it stings to be in the dirt.

as illeana struggles against his trainer, the aerodactyl clamps down on faba's body with predatory teeth and she's screaming again. her furry body squirms against the prison of his mouth and it hurts. everything hurts and yet, her mind is focused solely on her trainer. illeana's screams play on repeat in the furret's mind and she tries to fight harder, tries to thrash about so violently that he'll have to release her. except, he doesn't. instead, he takes them away from the ground to meet the sky... absolute terror takes hold of her and her body begins to freeze, unable to do anything besides hang from his mouth. please, let go... her trainer needs her...

his glower is met with a watery glare, tears streaming down her face. everything hurts and it's getting harder to breathe now. smoke and pain, pain and smoke. she begins to cough and as her hands rise toward her mouth again in a feeble attempt to cover it, he speaks again and her attention is immediately grabbed away. her eyes widen, practically bursting from their sockets, as his aerodactyl shoots away from the ground, taking faba with him. oh god. nononononono. please. no. "stop it! stop him, please!" she shrieks, scrambling against the ground once more. "he'll kill her! put her down! stop it!"

her pleas fall on deaf ears. instead of trying to stop the prehistoric pokemon, this man simply grabs her body and hauls her off the ground. another scream escapes as his hands land on her open wounds, pain causing her vision to go dark for a moment. "don't touch me!" she wails and as her feet begin to kick out at him, at anything she can possibly hit, her eyes roll up toward the sky to scan for faba.

as the two pokemon soar higher into the sky, faba has the brief realization that this isn't going to end well. she understands what's going to come and yet, her thoughts aren't about herself anymore. no, she's concerned with illeana. will this man take her trainer? will he kill the woman too? oh god, anything but that... her precious trainer doesn't deserve this. with one last glance toward the ground, toward illeana as she struggles against the man's hold, faba finds herself hoping for the best. maybe her trainer will be okay... maybe this man won't hurt her anymore. and just before the jaw of this beast slackens, trainer and pokemon lock eyes. time seems to stop for the furret and she just hopes that illeana will know with this last look that she loves her, that she would do anything for her.

the sickening crack is loud, deafening, and illeana loses it.

she screams, bloodcurdling and horrified. it echoes against the trees, uprooting nearby birds from their nests, and her body gives up on its struggle. he... he killed her. oh god oh god oh god. she doubles over, a hysterical mess and her sobs only cease for a mere moment as bile fights its way out of her throat. how could he do that? how could anyone? she was only trying to protect her trainer... mangled sobs are the only noises that escape her now as she weakly tries to crawl away from him, her eyes never leaving the lifeless body. she has to get to her, has to mourn her, has to... bury her.

faba dies on impact... illeana refuses to leave her :c
close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
third degree [m]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2020 2:21:19 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Warning: Given I will now be ending a potentially distressing scene now, I'd like to put a warning here just in case involving violence and death. Thank you! [break][break]

[break][break]

"Yeah, yeah, just keep saying that." Rex grumbled as Illeana continued to refuse to fight. He supposed that she just didn't have survival instinct. Maybe he just knew what happened better, or maybe he was too merciful. Getting your teeth kicked in sure was a good motivation to fight for his life, he remembered. God, that had hurt. How old was he during that time? How the years flied...[break][break]

Like his Pokemon, Rex had fought enough to be acquainted with pain and though he growled and jerked Illeana forward harder, he wouldn't let go that easily. "I dunno much, but maybe he'd let go if ya had a flying Pokemon too. Just my thought, they're not very good." Rex rambled through the shrieks, turning around just in time to see One's fruits of labor. It wasn't like he needed to see One's actions, but he sure wanted to. [break][break]

Crunch [break][break]

Huh, he always assumed it would make a splat sound. [break][break]

Illeana finally broke free from his grip, too slippery to hold onto with her desperate strength. Beside him, One screamed down and landed with a terrifying roar, fangs and claws red. Look at him! Praise him, T-rex! He did all that damage with one blow! Rex looked upon him, and he preened selfishly, waiting to hear that good word, the praise...and he got more. In a mockery to the tragedy before them, Rex...he didn't hug, never really did, put his arm around the Aerodyactl, and squeezed. "Your the real freak of nature, you're number One! How high was that, you beast!" He laughed, like the Pokemon had told a very funny joke. [break][break]

Two nominated herself to watch the woman, looking with her claws itching. If Rex could just say it, she could go for the kill! In an agonizing moment of glee, Rex suddenly remembered the situation and stalked over, arm around One's neck like an old friend. "I didn't even know he had the guts to do that, you know. Sure impressed me, huh, buddy!?" He leaned closer to his Pokemon, feeling a strange attachment to one who could defend him so bloodily. [break][break]

"Hey, could you grab the thing? Promise me you'll fight later too, can't exactly rescue you with nothin' to gain, you know. I gotta be gone, I'm already late!" He might as well not be talking about a Pokemon, or a tragedy. Even with his arm around his partner, he looked down and saw an idiot who didn't react to anything fast enough.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: One and Rex...bonding time?

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
third degree [m]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2020 20:12:04 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
warning: depictions of violence and death ahead. please do not read if these are sensitive topics for you!

it feels like the world stops in that moment. the sound of her furret's body colliding with the ground replays over and over and over. oh god, how could this happen? a strangled sob escapes as the man continues to talk. it's all drowned out by the sound of a life ending, simply nothing more than white noise in the background. whatever he's saying, whatever words are flying from his mouth... she doesn't care. she can't focus on him anymore, can't even look up at him as bloody fists curl into the dirt. her teeth grit together and it's painful to even attempt to get up. her body practically flops back down into the puddle of red liquid with a sickening squelch and oh god she wants to throw up. it feels revolting around her, sticky and warm and please get her out of here.

she tries to move again, head starting to feel fuzzy and overwhelmed. is it the wounds or the overpowering grief? is it fear? her body trembles with each clumsy attempt at lifting her body weight up. in the end, she'll simply crawl the distance to faba's body but right now, in this moment, she has to try to stand. illeana has nothing left to give, however, and her body merely continues to give out on her. the cuts feel agonizing now as dirt and grime cake the surface of her skin. god, it feels like her entire body is on fire. would it have just been better if he left her to the flames instead? perhaps she would have even thanked him...

their celebration is observed by half-lidded eyes, a combination of fatigue and blood loss beginning to take its heavy toll on the woman. she can barely even focus on these monsters now. her eyes keep drifting away, vision growing fuzzier with each passing minute. the urge to sleep crawls over her with gentle fingers and she wants to give in, wants to sleep and pretend this has all been a hellish nightmare. except, it's real and she can't rest until she feels that familiar fur between her fingers.

the beginning of a scream begins to erupt from her throat as she begins to crawl her way to her fallen furret. it's snuffed out by her teeth clamping down on her bottom lip and she's faintly aware of the once smooth skin splitting open beneath the pressure of her teeth but she doesn't care. she can't care about herself right now, only faba. nothing but faba. she has to get there, has to hold her.

if he leaves while she struggles to crawl against the ground, she doesn't notice. no, she's in her own world, sheer determination driving her exhausted and torn body forward. fabafabafaba. must. get. there.

it takes what feels like an eternity before she finally manages to get close enough to the lifeless body and when she does... the wail that escapes is deafening. her throat feels like sandpaper by now and everything hurts oh god she can't handle it anymore. and yet, she reaches out anyway with shaking red hands, searching for the soft furret fur. another sob escapes as she finds faba, fingers digging into the fur as she struggles to pull her body closer. her poor baby...

by now, two hours have passed and she has passed out, mind slipping under as it finally gives in to the pressure of these events. mare finds her a few moments later, unconscious and curled around her dead furret. the vaporeon brings help but it's too late. the damage is already done, the life already lost.

illie just kinda passes out curled around faba ;u;
we can end this here if you'd like~
close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
third degree [m]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2020 18:10:27 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Warning: Given I will now be ending a potentially distressing scene now, I'd like to put a warning here just in case involving violence and death. Thank you! [break][break]

[break][break]

Rex sees the grief, the sheer agony of everything he had done, and simply has no basis to empathize, to feel sad....something. all he can really imagine, this woman is going to be angry in the worst way when she sees him again. Still, to do that, she'd have to survive. Given she didn't respond to him, he wasn't going to carry her out, but he could do this. [break][break]

"One, pit some rocks around her. Two, put out as much fire around us as possible, hey, she might get lucky." He wasn't sure what the odds were, but while the wall rung in the air, Two waffles over to fire creeping closer and spat a burst of Brine to keep them at bay. The foamy combination would prove hard to get through, even for flames. Ancientpower surrounded in a wide range, and would stick around. The flames weren't spreading to here, that was for sure. [break][break]

So now what, how could he ensure he'd be recognized if they saw each other again? His mask? Hmm. One squawked a warning as footsteps started in the distance, whatever he wanted, it would have to be fast. [break][break]

When the help arrived, he was on One, long disappearing into the smoky skies. Except for a sign nearby on one of the Ancientpower rocks, which he created with some help from Two's claws. I forgot. I'm T-Rex. Got it? [break][break]

He could only hope she remembered.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Bye bye, fight ya later~

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
third degree [m]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2020 1:37:15 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy, free water-type pokemon evolution.
[break]