awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
Where You'll Sample Miss Selena's Meat Pies [m]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2020 19:15:17 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

Eggs. A bag of flour. A herb kit. Condiments. Legumes. And a slice of skiddo shank.

Selena crossed everything on her shopping list but she and Calliope strolled the Lilycove Department Store aisles for a little longer, hoping to find the perfect pair for the goat pie she was itching to make for the "Save the Relicanths" bake sale.

The succulent aroma of the braising shank. The crisp touch of the pie's crust. The budding anticipation as the knife thrusts into the pastry.

Selena knew there was something that could add flavor into the rather complex dish to make it more interesting. The girl finally stopped by the wine racks and decided to inspect a bottle or two, turning to the ralts for a little suggestion.

"I know ours are better, but the Desmarais pinot noires are a lot expensive than these locally-brewed ones."

She admitted not having enough cash to up her baking game, to Calliope's dismay. She might be a Desmarais herself, even a rightful heir of the winery business her parents managed, but she was stripped off her right to the name when she decided to pursue her own passion than her parents'. Now, she could not even buy herself a Desmarais wine.

Having real difficulty of choosing which wine is worth her remaining pokédollars, Selena closed in on the man approaching the wine section to ask a professional opinion—not that she assumes he knows his bourbons from ales.

"Excuse me, sir. I'm having a hard time picking which pinot noire works best on braised skiddo. Can you suggest something?" With both bottle on either hands, the cluelessness on Selena's face was confirmed by the yowling of Calliope.
close tab

played by

tofu

pokken rider
he, him, his
ceo / vigilante
7 height
7 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
19 posts
Tobias Hall DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hall
Tobias Hall
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2020 4:35:29 GMT
Tobias Hall Avatar
Standing within the wine aisle, he lets out a light groan. His body is sore all over, beaten and bruised from his physical excursion against a Heracross. Even with his suit’s bulletproof padding, he still felt the immense pain from being tossed around. Toby lets out a low sigh, reaching for some hard-hitting brandy figuring that it might numb the pain he was feeling now.

His lavender eyes linger on the bottle. He’s never been one to drink, but he understands that sometimes a good swig of hard liquor is all that one needs to calm their nerves.

Hearing a voice call out to him, he arches a brow and looks over to the pink-haired woman. His brows scrunch upon realizing that she had been in the aisle for quite a while – long before he decided to pick out something to drink. He couldn’t help but notice that her eyes lingered on a certain bottle, but it seems that she was lacking in funds to purchase it.

A wry smile forms over his lips. ”I’m not really a cook myself, but…” his voice trails off as he walks over to the wine rack, picking out a single bottle of Desmarais pinot noire. ”I’m pretty sure this would be the better choice. My treat.” he says, casually slipping it into the woman’s basket.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2020 12:22:49 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
"That's--" Selena considered her words for the next few secondswhile drowning in between Calliope's gentle chuckle and the adamant persuasion of the other person. "That's very nice of you, but I don't think I can pay you in the future."

Partially true. She could choose to pay for it and sleep on the streets for the next couple of months, or she could not pay and endure the shame of asking for someone's help for the next couple of years. She could refuse the wine, though, but the ralts was internally shaking her head at the idea.

Pride has a special place in the Desmarais household, even when she was no longer technically a part of it.

But what if she can pay for it in another way?

"Or maybe I can."

Selena grabbed the man by his arms and into the counter. She knew she could pay him in another way without the use of pokédollars. She just needed to be creative.

"I'm doing a skiddo pie for the 'Save the Relicanths' bake sale so those rockfish should really be the ones who owe you the gratitude." She began explaining. "But since you're helping me get the best ingredients, I'll let you taste it. And don''t worry. My treat."

The pink haired Kalosian offered her hand before she saw she's the next one on the counter. "I'm Selena, by the way." Careful not to mention her last name or she would be further embarassed.