6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
level one [m]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2020 9:02:00 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he starts out with something similar to a generic character model, one that doesn't need a lot of customization from the default preset character that the system gave him at the start.

the moves and class and everything else were made on a whim, choosing whatever seems to make things easier as a solo player and just to get himself in the game as soon as possible. they probably were not optimal, but he'll make do. what worries him more are the specs his companion was going to choose for this game.

kyle opens up the interface and starts to search for a username noah told him he was going to use. so far there weren't any hits on the search.

this keeps up for a few more minutes. kyle sits on the ground near the spawn area for newbies, head resting on his knees. the game notices hordes of people come out, which wasn't surprising for a newly released vr game, a revolutionary thing for the gaming world.

he focuses on the interface in front of him, realizing that he won't even know what noah would look like once he's out of the customization page

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
level one [m]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 3:45:18 GMT
noah faber Avatar

it takes him awhile to get everything perfect. careful customization is not his forte, but this time, the joke depended on the precise accuracy of his virtual genetics. noah might be better off playing something like the sims.

he searches for 'aaaaaaa'. it takes him awhile. noah had added an extra 'a' and it took him the longest time to remember.

finally, he finds him. 'growfer' leaps forth, the simulated grass crunching under his shoes. in a proud stance—hands on his hips, tall and ponytailed—noah is the splitting image of kyle.

but his voice does not change.

"there can only be one." noah announces as he draws his sword. the tip of the blade hovers by aaaaaaa's neck.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
level one [m]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 4:06:50 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the tip of the blade touches his neck. he pushes it gently away with a finger. unsurprisingly, it doesn't draw blood when he touches it. there was no damage to his health either.

what gets his attention more is the statement noah makes.

"what do you mean there can on-"

he turns around and sees himself. for noah to do such a thing wasn't surprising, but him getting all the details exactly did. his awe gets him to stand up, his avatar's height taller than his replica, as he studies every inch of noah's avatar.

"wait, why would you do this?"

he goes around noah, hands touching whatever he can. like a child, he pulls his hair, and drags his arms up and down. it feels weird feeling up a digital model, but he cannot get himself to stop his curiosity. his hand slip inside his garb, replicating noah's invasion of kyle's privacy.

movements stop. kyle stares at noah straight in the eye. "you know, i've always wanted to make out with myself," he blurts out, deadpan and serious. his tone contradicts his jest.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
level one [m]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 6:38:24 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah disarms himself, the sword thudding onto the ground with a hearty noise. the level of sensory detail is incredible. the warrior grounds himself further, tracking kyle's touches as he grins with cheeky width.

"i think you're answering the question for me, man."

he doesn't fidget. the corporeal exploration kyle embarks on is a sign of a job well done. if only he could post this on the internet to win some internet points.

"hm?" noah falls into the slightest pause before casually throwing his response. "'kay!"

he flings himself onto kyle's blond avatar and grasps at his face. cupping his cheeks, kyle—no, noah, begins to paint the other in a flurry of kisses.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
level one [m]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 7:16:43 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
although he teased it, kyle still gets surprised when noah jumps him. he freezes for a couple of seconds, unsure of what to respond to, until he sees a few eyes straying to their direction.

he returns the favor, cupping noah's cheeks to give him one quick peck, before holding his face away from him. "w-w-we can do that later." while the avatar doesn't reflect the flush, kyle's fluster in his expression is still apparent.

he leans down to pick up the sword noah dropped on the ground, using the brief moment to calm himself down. "that was a joke by the way. i dunno why you'd make out with pixels." a weird smile remains when he gets back to noah, failing to do so.

kyle proceeds to walk further into the training area and away from the newbie spawn with noah's weapon, prompting him to follow him or else he needs to play the early levels punching mobs. the path he takes differs from where majority of the people went as he takes them to an uncrowded area of the map.

from the plains of the training area, kyle brings them to a forested part. while he wasn't sure what he'd expect here, kyle familiarized himself with the lay of the land in case they get lost.

"so... what shit did you choose?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
level one [m]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 8:35:26 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"later." noah repeats. voice a slathering of honey-thick teasing. he's beaming. the virtual kiss is almost as potent as the real thing, "in the game or...?"

he follows his partner's avatar through the grounds. other novice players pop into the map around them, thwacking wobbuffet dummies with the dull blades of their novice swords.

"rock-type warrior!" noah sings. "solid rock. rock wrecker. wide guard. dragon darts. i think it's a pretty good build... maybe?"

he picks up the pace, a brisk run to embrace kyle from behind. his chin rests on the other's shoulder. in the pixelated physicality of his affection, he grabs at his beginner's sword.

"nice avatar, by the way. i dig the blond hair."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
level one [m]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 12:00:10 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the question is left unanswered, leaving noah to fantasize while kyle quickly forgets about the promise. he was certain it was going to happen one way or another anyways.

his legs keep on going as noah relays his starting class. rock-type wasn't bad, if the other choices weren't simply superior. rock wrecker was an intriguing choice, but at least he can see the other two as good, if moves work like how they work in real life. "yeah, you did good buddy." he tells him, trying his best not to say the truth.

kyle stops at noah's touch, getting startled when he turns his head to his shoulder and then see his face up close. he clutches his chest, almost dropping his bow. even in game, noah has his heart racing for more reasons than he expects.

"y-you think? should i color it back to blonde? i wore it blond before." which shouldn't be a surprise to noah, he supposed. he tugs his-- noah's avatar's-- ponytail playfully. "i can chop this off too if you want."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
level one [m]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2020 3:01:01 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"no, keep it brown, man."

noah tries to snatch his sword back, his hands playing around with the other's for its release. he bites his lip, taken aback suddenly at the tug of a ponytail he forgot he had.

"no way, what the heck, man. don't change a thing... unless you really want to."

he steals his sword back, the equipment menu alerting him of its return. noah stares at some free wobbuffet dummies, their stupid faces begging to be struck by novice hands.

"aight, so... i'm not the best at this sort of thing. but it's virtual reality, right?" noah says. "anything i gotta know, pro-gamer?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
level one [m]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2020 5:11:54 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle is surprised with his reaction. it weakens his grip that allows noah to steal it back. the moment of weakness lapses as a smirk forms on his expression.

"are you that thirsty for me?" he teases. "okay, they stay."

he walks forward until his character model touches noah's, looming over him with a cheeky grin. the image of himself is briefly ignored as the identity of noah behind the character model seeps through. he spreads his arms wide, welcoming noah to come at him.

"first thing is to hug me cause you love me."

too enamored with the presence of noah, kyle quickly forgets the initial objective of the game and quickly goes into the usual roleplaying side of mmos.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
level one [m]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2020 8:42:52 GMT
noah faber Avatar

they both know the answer to that question, and it is for that reason noah does not voice his thoughts. he doesn't want to be banned, after all.

despite the jarring dissonance between who he sees before him and the man playing the game, noah too, finds comfort in the way kyle seeps through. there is no mistaking it. this digital form is kyle lopez— and although others may be lost, forever searching for the identity behind the blond hair, noah believes he could sniff him out from any crowd.

it's the connection they have, he thinks. the connection as cheesy as it is.

at kyle's response, noah becomes flustered for once. he can feel the blush seeping in from the real world, which is avatar betrays with a shy rubbing of the neck.

"why are you so stupid cute, dude." noah steps forth to meet kyle, arms wrapping around in a tight embrace. he squeezes extra hard, in case the virtual filter subdues the physicality. "is this weird? being hugged by yourself? i like your hugs. a lot."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
level one [m]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2020 9:33:09 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he smiles sheepishly in noah's arms. his grips gets as tight as noah's and his chin lays on top of his head. he starts swaying his body softly, dragging noah's along with the rhythm.

"you tell me. if you like kyle lopez hugs, i like them too."

there was an instance where kyle lets his arms deliberately squeeze noah much harder before he loosens it up. he lets go of his doppelganger, stepping back and turning his head to the side as he scratches his chin with a finger.

"okay, i think i'm good now."

he turns back to noah and then pointing an area further away to his back with his thumb.

"do you want to move to the weaker mobs instead of these training dummies? testing controls over there is much better since we get xp and it's not like we're going to die a lot."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
level one [m]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2020 10:01:23 GMT
noah faber Avatar

interlocked like this, noah forgets the digital disguise of their persons. it's not the same, of course. he reminds himself to give a real kyle lopez hug to a real kyle lopez later.

then again, this is the real kyle lopez. fuck, this virtual reality thing gets confusing.

when kyle steps back, noah grins wistfully. yet, something about his expression suggests that he wants more. that he isn't satisfied. that the game is secondary to time being spent together.

but he also likes to show off. "there's a bunch of goomys we can smash in." noah brandishes his sword properly. "i'll keep you safe from them, okay babe?" he smirks and marches ahead of the other. "or you can leech exp and watch me kick ass."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
level one [m]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2020 17:10:02 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
as noah brandishes his sword, kyle readies his bow, fitting an arrow and stretching the string all the way to the back to get a feel of things.

surprisingly, it all flows smoothly like the game compensates for his lack of real life experience with bows. he has shot guns, but the more primitive weapons were different in feel. the sudden ease in using them makes kyle optimistic about his game experience since he might have to curse himself for choosing the ranger class if it was any different.

he hums as he follows after noah. "sure. i like being carried." he pauses, before he adds after the realization. "well, not literally. please don't try."

they reach the field with the newbie friendly mobs. goomies litter the field, and kyle was ready to fire an arrow off before he almost forgets one important detail. "so, we set the party first, right? give me a moment." he cannot leech without it, after all.

he starts to navigate through the screens. trying to control it with just his face through eye movement, finger swipes in the air and a bit of conscious thinking stresses him somehow since everything was new. he starts to scratch his head as he familiarizes himself with even the simplest mechanics of the game.

"you can go ahead and do stuff. i can... figure this out."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
level one [m]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2020 17:36:56 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"give our party a good name like... dog boyz." noah draws out the last letter, his gloved finger a an unmirrored stylus. the 'z' comes out backwards. as kyle fiddles with the menus, noah jogs back. he plants a kiss on the other's cheek before patting it: a brief parting's affection. "don't take too long, buddy! i might overlevel!"

the nearby stretch of field is littered with goomys. they lurch and waggle around innocently. like desserts, noah wants to hoard them all for himself. there are no calories in virtual reality.

he leaps forth with his sword in both hands. a goomy takes the blow, its gelatinous forehead wiggling under the force. while others take their foes one by one, noah feels the need to save many for kyle.

several single hits punctuate the battlefield- and countless warbles march toward noah. as noah stops to take a breather, he doesn't see the onslaught coming behind. his hp bar flashes. noah's knees buckle as several goomy bash their bodies against him.

"hrk-! oh, fuck!" noah raises his sword, but he realizes that he has bitten off more than he can slash. he charges back to kyle as a wave of jelly hops behind him. "kyle! kyle! i fucked up, man! i. fucked. up!"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
level one [m]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2020 19:45:51 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he memorizes the layout of the menu for now, keeping which tab contains which function in mind. he doesn't feel the need to rush through things when he's with noah, making it the ideal time to get used to things he'll abuse once he power levels.

as soon as he makes the party, he lifts his head up to see that noah gets the same idea, except he doesn't do it properly.

"what did you do?" his tone was curious instead of rhetorical, genuinely confused with the things noah manages to do a few minutes into the game. "wait, no. why did you do that?"

kyle starts to run away in the same direction as he sends a party invite to noah, prompting a notification on noah's own interface. his arms and legs swing at their fullest, wanting to get as far as possible from noah. it was somehow easier to get physically active in the game than it was in real life.

"we're turning once you accept that!"