played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
getting iggy with it
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2020 21:32:02 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]The cold was annoying, but it had nothing on surviving Hoenn’s winter. Still, Annie admired the touches of realism. Samurai armour did her no favours against the climate, but as long as her hit points mattered more than her temperature, it would stay on. Besides, she could stave off Nixtorm’s icy bite in a mountain cave, cosying up beside a campfire.

Feral Pokemon growled in the distance, but she figured that as long as she kept quiet, they’d never know she was there. That left her with a few precious minutes to pull up the menus, go through her inventory, and continue learning all the things the game would have taught her, if only she’d thought to take the tutorial.

[attr="class,"divide"]
[attr="class","tag"]
template by kay
[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#cb4335;[/newclass][newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
getting iggy with it
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2020 21:37:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando enters a frosted cave when the Global Leaderboard updates with the first set of player rankings. The game's only been out for a few hours at most and none of the players are aware of a built in ranking system until it takes them by surprise. To no surprise, Fernando's at the top, and he smiles to himself.

The sound of his HUD beeps within the isolated chambers of the cave, echoing. Something illuminates the path ahead and he follows the tunnel until he can hear the sound of fire crackling. He draws his flintlock pistol and holds it forward, anticipating an encounter with a monster.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
getting iggy with it
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2020 21:57:13 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]Footsteps. Her first assumption is that they’re slow and steady enough to be human, but then, Pokemon came in all shapes and sized. She doesn’t turn to face him so much as she tilts her head back, staring as an upside-down with a pistol. She squinted at the man. “Good thing we’re not in PK land,” she half-grumbled. She gave the man a wave – right-side up – before she schooched around to face him.

“Hey. Trying to keep things a little on the quiet side so I don’t aggro anything, but don’t let that scare you!” Her whisper-yell leaned much more towards the latter, but at least that hadn’t stirred their enemies to them. “Fire’s warm. About as warm as anything gets here, anyway-“ Ultimeite paused, and squinted again. “…Is your username broken?”

[attr="class,"divide"]
[attr="class","tag"]
template by kay
[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#cb4335;[/newclass][newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
getting iggy with it
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2020 22:02:42 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Oi. Just another player." Fernando releases his grip and his hand falls to his side. He waves with the other one before peering behind Annie, trying to see how much farther the cave entails. "You camping to wait for your HP or PP or something?" That's the only reason he can think of as to why someone would want to camp out here. Between all the different kingdoms, this one seems to be the least inviting.

"Nah. I don't like going by online names," he answers, curious as to what monsters lurk within the cave.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
getting iggy with it
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2020 22:09:23 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]“I’m reading!” She said the words with all the pride of a child set to the task. “Not a big fan of it, but I figured there might be a few things I’ve missed in here. Do you know how long it took me and my friend to figure out how to start a fire? Embarrassingly long, that’s how long.” She’d spare the pain of being named and shamed.

His distaste for names made her lips contort, but soon enough she gave a single, definitive nod. “I guess I get it. Me, I wanted everybody to know who I am. I bet a bunch of people I know are playing, but I’m not all that great at keeping in touch in the real world. Solution: make myself instantly recognisable! Buuuut.” She cocked her head to one side. “That doesn’t seem to be what you’re going for. I don’t know the face, anyway. So I’ll just call you Ai-Ai!”

[attr="class,"divide"]
[attr="class","tag"]
template by kay
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
getting iggy with it
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2020 22:22:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Ah." So she's stupid. That makes the second idiot he's met that couldn't start a fire. Not that Fernando could start one himself but even he has the foresight to associate that the Fire type Mages would be able to ignite something with their attacks.

"That's nice," he answers, not all too entrapped in their conversation. Based off her avatar, she seems young and her demeanor confirms it. Well, at least kids are playing these games too. He wonders when he'll have the chance to send them back to spawn.

"You can call me Blank too. Whatever's easier for you, I guess." He points his gun to the innards of the cave. "So have you seen what monsters are in there?"

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
getting iggy with it
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2020 22:32:45 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]“Yeah, but I like Ai-Ai. Nobody else’ll call you that. Feels more personal.” Not that he seemed to care. The man had his priorities, and idle chatter didn’t seem to be one of them. She turned towards the cave’s depths. As if on cue, a roar echoed out, daring them to venture further in.

“Not yet. If I had to guess based on the area, ice-types, maybe rock-types. Based on the sounds, and this here campfire… Probably a miniboss, or something rare. I’m guessing that you came in here to find out, and not to hear what I’ve been up to.” In the real world, she might have been offended, but her relaxed tone told that she understood the appeal of the game lay elsewhere. “How about it? I can read any time, but a hunt with a new friend… That’s something special!” Palms planted against the ground forced her up and onto her feet. Her toothy grin was an invitation. So was the party request.

[attr="class,"divide"]
[attr="class","tag"]
template by kay
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
getting iggy with it
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2020 22:45:24 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Ai-Ai."

Fernando allows the name to sit there once more, fermenting in the back of his head, before deciding that he doesn't really care. Annie and the game seem to pick up on it and a monster roars from deep inside. He looks at her and agrees with her initial hypothesis, nodding to her proposition.

Her party request is accepted instantly. "I take it that you're not a ranged character? You can front line, if that's the case."

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
getting iggy with it
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2020 22:56:07 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]If the armour didn’t give her away, then she supposed her weapon would. A few taps on the menu spawned the katana back in, complete with sheath and strap attaching it to her hip. “I’m a sturdy warrior! Just stand behind me and this stabstick’ll take care of the rest.” She laughed at her own words, letting her voice finally echo through the cave. There was no harm in letting the first of the mobs chance finding them, right?
…Right?

One hand held the sword’s hilt, which the other kept its cover steady. Ultimeite held the battle stance as she led them into the cave, eyes darting about as she sought their first challenger.

[attr="class,"divide"]
[attr="class","tag"]
template by kay
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
getting iggy with it
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2020 23:02:28 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando keeps his weapons on him and draws his pistol without the same theatrics. He's been raring to go since the start but waits for Annie, allowing her to set up their formation. Better to have her up front regardless of how much distance he intends to hold. Nothing like a meat shield to allow him to come in closer and therefore increase his accuracy.

The deeper they go the less light shines along the winding tunnel. After several minutes, their vision is dimmed to the point that it's hard to make out the walls from the many stalagmites that line the floor. Turning one more corner puts them face to face with their first encounter: a BEARTIC.

The large Pokemon stands tall and menacing, snarling before swiping at Annie with a simple SLASH attack. Fernando is just as fast to the draw and shoots a ZAP CANNON right after.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
getting iggy with it
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2020 23:29:47 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]Even in the game, stumbling upon an ice titan on a dark cave was rarely a pleasant sight. Ultimeite’s grimace matched Annie’s, right up until it gave way to determination. The samurai’s iaido showed itself as she set her sword free; in one swift motion, it went from the sheath to clashing against fierce claws. Such was the strength of the warrior that she could hold them back, leaving the beast open for Ai-Ai’s counter-attack.

The wildling stumbled back, roaring in pain. “Whew, that looks painful! Wouldn’t want to be on the bad end of that!” Her voice wasn’t as strained as her avatar’s actions should have implied. She pointed the katana’s end towards the Beartic as it regained its footing, daring it to try again.

[attr="class,"divide"]
[attr="class","tag"]
template by kay
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
getting iggy with it
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2020 1:16:29 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Keep low. I'll snipe above you."

Fernando announces his plan right as the BEARTIC stumbles back. It shakes its head in pain, regaining its bearings before letting out a bone chilling roar. The PARALYSIS condition flashes above the Pokemon's name and health bar but it fails to slow it down. Rather than rely on another physical attack, it cranes its head backwards before expelling a terrible BLIZZARD that threatens to buffet Annie and Fernando.

Having played the game long enough to know better, Fernando knows not to attempt to dodge the attack. Evading the BLIZZARD will prove near impossible. The better action is to queue up another attack and he does so as his ammo swaps from electric to flying. Even if it isn't very effective, there's more to the game than just damage.

He pulls the trigger and a plain bullet hits the BEARTIC around its neck. On impact, it explodes with a loud CHATTER, toggling the CONFUSION status above the mini-bosses head.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
getting iggy with it
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2020 7:34:20 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]There’s a brief moment of confusion on the girl’s face as she wonders why the hell she was in the ice kingdom. Also, not a steel-type. The beast’s icy blast dug into her health bar, especially painful for a dragon-type. Her blade was overcome by a white glow, feeding off her pain to prepare a counterattack.

A few quick steps brought her within sword’s length of the Beartic, undaunted by the sound blast above her head. She swung to slice through the beast, the Metal Burst returning what she’d endured and then some in a single strike. An anguished cry as it stepped back, only to trip over its own feet and fall back, confirmed what she already thought: that had to hurt.

[attr="class,"divide"]
[attr="class","tag"]
template by kay
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
getting iggy with it
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2020 21:53:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] The METAL BURST depletes a majority of the BEARTIC's health and leaves it on its last legs. Rather than follow his traditional pattern of locking down opponents with soft CC, Fernando opts to end the fighting early with a well placed ZAP CANNON. With enough base power, it kills the crippled and damaged beast and several notifications pop up regarding their experience gain and loot.

"Not bad. Didn't take too much damage, didya?"

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
getting iggy with it
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2020 22:23:19 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]The girl struck a victory pose that wouldn’t be out of place in a magical girl show. “One hard hit, but it was worth it to return the favour! Besides, brushing off those blows is the big reason why I chose this class.” Ultimeite brushed off her armour (not that there was any debris on it), and gestured for the man to follow her further in. The Beartic’s defeat had trigged a light in the distance; a once-hidden pathway revealed. “There’s got to be something good at the end of this if everything in here is that strong, right?”

She didn’t wait for a response, venturing towards the light with or without her companion. Her ardour was rewarded by her smacking into translucent ice walls no less than three times. She did a much better job of playing off her embarrassment after the first one. Still, her fumbles and outstretched arms guided them through the icy passage and to their next challenge.

A chamber of ice awaited them. Stalactites covered the ceiling, but the path before them ended in a steep drop. Annie realised that she didn’t know if the game had fall damage, and she wasn’t prepared to find out. The passage continued directly across the room, but their only way to it was to jump and balance their way across pillars of ice.

“…Well. I’m guessing that you don’t have a flying spell on you.”

[attr="class,"divide"]
[attr="class","tag"]
template by kay