A variety of talents [Gym]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2020 6:24:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[player]http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/ccwidqn72n/Bleach_-_Number_One_Chokkaku_Mash_up[/player]

Alec had walked into the Vantage, sending his Vantage I.D. ahead of time. He wasn't sure who this new Gym Leader was, but he seriously had to come say hello. Who knows? Maybe the Gym Leader could be someone whom the young Gym Leader knows. Then again, it was probably unlikely. He quickly made his way to the front desk, speaking to the clerk. "Hello. I'm here for my Gym Challenge. I'm Alec Foster - the Pacifidlog Town Gym Leader," Alec had said, not minding the fact that he had given away the fact that he was a Gym Leader. He was fairly certain that people knew who he was by now, having a lot of people visiting his resort.

It was hectic, but Alec had somehow been able to manage so far, and it's been well over a few months now since he had become a Gym Leader, so that had to count for something, right? With him being the youngest Gym Leader in Hoenn, he felt the pressure of him living up to the expectations of being one. Perhaps this new Gym Leader had probably felt the same way? If so, then they definitely had something in common. Alec had awaited patiently for the Gym Leader to greet him. I wonder who the Gym Leader is? I also wonder what Pokemon they'll use for our battle. Either way, I can't help but feel Psyched! Alec thought to himself as continued to wait.

-Tl;dr:-

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2020 5:13:38 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

Selena finally understood what it meant to be a business tycoon-slash-journalist-slash-gym leader. Compared to her free schedules before, she was now literally counting her remaining free hours of sanity away from work. And even these spare hours of her waking days are dedicated to battling. At least, through battle, she gets invigorated.

Her intern just updated her about her next battle. She read the information logged onto her monitor.

Alex Foster. Male. Seventeen. Pacifidlog Town.

She did not realize their real-life meetup would be in this kind of setting. Selena walked out of her room, collected her balls as she went onto the hall where a wandering Alec was at her opposite end. “If it isn’t the demon mage.” Selena smirked. “You finally came to visit.”

SELENA is idle.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2020 6:07:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alec had quickly turned when he had heard a female's voice, seeing a pink-haired female. Alec had a confused look on his face, and that was when it all clicked together. "Oh, hey! You're Selena, Right!? Nice to meet ya! Well, yeah! I heard about the New Gym Leader in Lilycove so I just had to stop by!" he said with a grin. "I've come to claim that badge of yours too," He said in confidence. "Hope ya up for a Double Battle! I brought a unique team of my own that's itchin' for a battle with you and your Pokemon!" Alec had said, pulling out two Pokeballs.

"You may be able to beat me in a video game, but ... in real life? You might have more trouble against my own Pokemon," Alec had said with a grin. He had not released his pokemon yet though, not wanting to be disrespectful towards Selena and her Gym Rules. "So, how bout it!? Wanna see which one comes out on top?"

-Tl;dr:-

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2020 7:50:10 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

There was a part of her that was also excited in battling the acquainted gym leader. Alec was competitive. She learned of this when they were doing missions in virtual reality together. She felt that since she won the 1v1 between the both of them, Alec needed to settle the score. But a real-life pokémon battle with Selena is not something he could easily snatch a badge from.

The Kalosian proved to be a seasoned trainer in other regions as well. She easily adapted with their various training regimens which improved her synergy with her battle partners. He may win the badge, but she will make it difficult for him.

Selena returned him a smile, a familiar gesture she had generously gave the teenage gym leader in their in-game escapades.

“My battles with you never disappoint me. I’m actually looking forward to this.” She reached a pair of two tiny spheres from the rear side of her trainer belt, held one on each hand. The Lilycove gym leader clicked the button as they double in size, before hurling both into the middle of the arena.

A milotic and an armaldo appears.

“The core values represented by the Mystery Badge are the trainer’s intuition and sensibilities. If you manage to win against my team, then it shows your capabilities as a trainer who calculates and thinks your every move. Shall we start?”

SELENA throws out KATULU (ARMALDO) and CIRCE (DELPHOX).

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2020 10:44:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The young Gym Leader had listened carefully, explaining what it meant to be an owner of the Mystery Badge. Alec couldn't help but grin. "Than winning will be as simple as teaching a Pokemon a new trick, 'cause whoever obtains my badge means that they can overcome any obstacle thrown at them! Even if that obstacle is a powerful Dragon!" Alec had said, tossing the two Pokeballs out in front of him, revealing a female Duraludon, and a Togekiss that immediately took flight. [break][break]

"Alright! Let's start off nice and easy! Xena, use Safeguard!" Alec had called out to his Togekiss, whom had created a veil that had began to not only cast down on her, but the female Duraludon as well. That would surely prevent his Pokemon from either getting burned or poisoned and such. Then it was the Duraludon's turn. "Alright, Alloy! Breaking Swipe, now!"

Alec had said, and with that, the Duraludon's metalic tail had began to glow blue, and with a very quick swiping rotation of it's body, a blew wave was hurled at both the Delphox and the Armaldo. This team of his might have seemed odd, especially due to their typings, but Alec had a knack for making his Pokemon work together. It didn't matter what type they had or what abilities they posessed. He believed that all Pokemon could work together as one, and today, he was going to prove it by winning this battle!

-Tl;dr: 1. Alec calls out a Duraludon and Togekiss!

2. Togekiss uses Safeguard! Status Conditions are prevented for 5 turns!

3. Duraludon attacks with Breaking Swipe! Attacks both Armaldo and Delphox and will lower their ATK stat by 1 stage!-

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2020 18:49:20 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

“Circe, remind me to teach our flying friends how to DEFOG, okay?” Selena giggled as the younger one made his first move. He’s surely different in real battle from when she first met him in game.

The togekiss leaped into the air and casted a protective veil to their team as the duraludon rushed to Selena’s team with a BREAKING SWIPE.

“Kat, DODGE it!” The armaldo slid past the approaching dragon, springing from her attack as Circe dealt with the damage. Alloy’s strength might have scathed the fox witch, but with her closing the gap between the two of them was only advantageous for the delphox. “Now, Circe: FIRE BLAST!”

The vixen charged with her trainer’s commands, her swift conjuring of a powerful burst of flames attempting to roast the steel dragon in a split second.

“Now, you see why I choose the mage class in the B&B.”

KATULU (ARMALDO) DODGES.
CIRCE (DELPHOX) uses FIRE BLAST at ALLOY (DURALUDON).
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2020 2:13:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[player]http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/ccwidqn72n/Bleach_-_Number_One_Chokkaku_Mash_up[/player]

Alec smirked, despite his Duraludon taking the hit from the Fire Blast. The flames had exploded upon impact, creating a cloud of smoke. "Impressive, but if you think that'd put a stop to my Duraludon," Alec said, just as the Metal Dragon unleashed another Breaking Swipe to attack both the Armaldo and the Delphox once again. "You'd be sadly mistaken," Alec had said, holding his smirk. Normally, fire would be susceptible to fire type attacks. However, with Duraludon's Dragon Typing, Alec knew quite well that the norm did not apply to him.

Alec quickly looked up at Xena and said, "Xena! Aura Sphere on the Armaldo!" Alec had said, and with that, the Togekiss had began to create a sphere of energy, and fired it from her mouth. The ball of energy seemed to homed on it's target, hitting the Armaldo head-on. For the moment, Alec was in control of the battle, and he intended for it to stay that way. With Xena up in the air, and Alloy on the ground below. Alec had a pretty solid team starting out for the battle. He did wonder in the back of his head though what else Selena's Pokemon were capable of.

-Tl;dr: 1. Duraludon takes hit from Fire Blast!
Does Moderate Damage!

2. Duraludon Attacks both Delphox and Armaldo w/ Breaking Swipe!
if hit, Atk. goes down by 1!-

3. Togekiss Attacks Armaldo w/ Aura Sphere!
Aura Sphere never misses, so it hits the Armaldo!

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2020 17:23:15 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

Alec is surely proud of his team. Selena could see it well with how he exemplified his dynamics with his pokémons. However, the new gym leader would not just let him have a fun time without being challenged.

The dragon attempted another BREAKING SWIPE, its steel-hard appendage hitting the fox witch but she recoiled with another FIRE BLAST—at Selena’s command—which bursted at the flesh of the duraludon. Katulu was not spared. “I expected nothing less from the dragon protégé. Now watch me.”

As it was eyeing the togekiss for an attempt of AURA SPHERE, Alloy’s tail wiped the armaldo off the ground as the spheres finally connected to their target. The attacks were rather weak for Katulu, but he could feel the dragon’s assault weakened his vigor. But he has something up his shells. “Kat, I guess we have no choice. Use ANCIENT POWER!”

The armaldo’s body began to glow in white as its claws form a silver-colored energy ball, hurling towards the flying target.

CIRCE (DELPHOX) is hit by BREAKING SWIPE. It does moderate damage.
CIRCE's ATK decreased (-2).

CIRCE (DELPHOX) uses FIRE BLAST at ALLOY (DURALUDON).

KATULU (ARMALDO) is hit by BREAKING SWIPE.  It does moderate damage.
KATULU's ATK decreased (-1).
KATULU is hit by AURA SPHERE. It does moderate damage.

KATULU uses ANCIENT POWER at XENA (TOGEKISS). <Note: ANCIENT POWER is SP. ATK move so its power is not minimized.>

ROLL 1-10 for ANCIENT POWER to increase ATK, DEF, SP. ATK, SP. DEF, and SPD by +1.

eMQML0Of