awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
conquer your weakness [gym]
POSTED ON May 7, 2020 8:01:41 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

Morgana accepted the barrage of CRUNCH from both Selena’s pokémons, but it did not give in without parting a farewell gift to one of the gym leader’s partners—the MAGICAL LEAF attack to Sobek. The croconaw did not have much footing to dodge the attack and was left unable to battle, prompting the Kalosian trainer to bring back her delphox into battle.

Tiamat, on the other hand, endured the gallade’s overpowering PSYCHIC. It managed to stand up after its attack, but the blow was enough to let her release a final offensive.

“Color me impressed, Katherine. I see your bond with your pokémon from your battle style and you easily surpass my expectations despite this being your first gym challenge.” Selena held her last pokéball, preparing for the worst scenario that her haxorus might faint after the turn. “Let’s see how you fare with rest of the battle.”

Selena commanded both her pokémon on the field: Circe conjured energy balls of PSYCHIC power towards the salazzle as Tiamat prepared to DUAL CHOP the gallade. brought with her two amazing mons for the first bout of their battle.

SOBEK (CROCONAW) is hit by MAGICAL LEAF. It deals heavy damage.
SOBEK faints.
SELENA sends out CIRCE (DELPHOX).

TIAMAT (HAXORUS) is hit by PSYCHIC. It deals heavy damage.

CIRCE uses FIRE BLAST.

ROLL 1-10 FOR FIRE BLAST TO BURN
Y8HopMdZ

TIAMAT’s ATK increases. (+2)
TIAMAT uses DUAL CHOP. (+2)
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON May 7, 2020 12:56:57 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","boatwrap"]
[attr="class","boattop"]
[attr="class","boatpic"]

Didn't wanna write a love song
[break]Usually these things come out wrong
[break]But you been up in my head all day long
[break]And now I'm all gone, yeah
[break]Didn't know we'd end up this way
[break]Keepin' memories on replay
[break]Yeah you make me want to catch the bouquet
[break]I just want to stay here

First impression is everything.
[break][break]
Managing to impress the gym-leader causes a smirk to blossom upon the lips of the Rocketess, who was more than pleased with herself. Perhaps her goal was never to win this challenge-- but to hear praise from someone who was qualified to review her battling skills, unlike . "I wasn't sure what to expect for from a gym-leader," The Fairburne admits, watching as Morgana and Sobek trade blows. They both faint shortly afterward, and are returned to their respective pokeballs. "But I think you've managed to rise above that for me as well."
[break][break]
Haxorus survives. And now? Gallade is no longer empowered, the edge in the battle Katherine held is lost. But she is not all too worried, not quite yet. "Switch. Arthur, Cinder. Do it fast." Her last pair of partners are swift to follow the command, trading places with each other just as the dragon-type neared Gallade. Cinder seems <I>eager</i> to be assaulted in Gallade's stead, who suffers the assault of the many psychic spheres. "Cinder, use Venoshock. Now!"
[break][break]
Whereas one might expect the dual-type to focus the dragon who just now assaulted her, the lizard opts to direct her attention towards the fox. Gallade, however, is already prepared to attack the Haxorus and bring it down to its knees, penetrating their mind with another PSYCHIC.
[break][break]
They needed to equalize the stage-- the battlefield. Katherine knew this already.

[break]

[attr="class","boatbottom"]

[break][break]
CINDER (salazzle) is hit by tiamat's dual-chop. it deals normal damage.
[break]
ARTHUR (gallade) is hit by circe's psychic. it deals normal damage.
[break]
CINDER (salazzle) uses venoshock against circe.
[break]
ARTHUR (gallade) uses psychic against tiamat.
[attr="class","sltdrkcred"][ DARKEE ]

[newclass=.boatwrap]margin: 0px auto; margin-top: 20px; width: 350px; padding: 40px; background-color: #f5f5f5; border: 1px solid #dddddd; font: 11px arial; text-align: justify; color: #616161;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap b]color: #616161; transition: 0.8s ease; -moz-transition: 0.8s ease; -webkit-transition: 0.8s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap:hover b]color: #e05d87;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap .boattop]width: 170px; margin: 0px auto; text-align: center; padding: 20px; padding-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 20px; border-bottom: 1px solid #e5e5e5; font: 9px arial; font-style: italic; text-transform: lowercase; color: #959595; transition: 0.8s ease; -moz-transition: 0.8s ease; -webkit-transition: 0.8s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap:hover .boattop]color: #e05d87;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap .boatpic]width: 70px; margin: 0px auto; margin-bottom: 10px; filter: grayscale(100%); -moz-filter: grayscale(100%); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); transition: 0.8s ease; -moz-transition: 0.8s ease; -webkit-transition: 0.8s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap .boatpic img]width: 70px; height: 70px; border-radius: 100%; -moz-border-radius: 100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap:hover .boatpic]filter: grayscale(0%); -moz-filter: grayscale(0%); -webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatbottom]width: 170px; margin: 0px auto; text-align: center; padding: 20px; padding-bottom: 0px; margin-top: 20px; border-top: 1px solid #e5e5e5; font: 9px arial; font-style: italic; text-transform: lowercase; color: #959595;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatbottom a]font: 9px arial; font-style: italic; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sltdrkcred]text-align: center; font: 8px verdana; font-weight: bold;[/newclass][newclass=.sltdrkcred a]font: 8px verdana; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON May 12, 2020 15:26:15 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

Tiamat accepted her fate and met her doom at the hands of Katherine’s gallade. Once Arthur’s PSYCHIC connected at the dragon, it began to succumb and lose control if the battle. “That’s enough, Tiamat. You did great!”

Selena called her last pokéball. As she hurled the sphere into the air, the shadow of a massive owl almost covered the entire ground before Molech, the Kalosian’s noctowl, landed on the arena. “Shall we finish this?”

Without words, both of her pokémons launched themselves again towards Katherine’s; Circe enjured the venoshock of the salazzle and attempted another PSYCHIC blast towards the lizard as Molech conjured HYPNOSIS beam at the gallade.

TIAMAT (HAXORUS) is hit by PSYCHIC. It deals moderate damage.
TIAMAT faints.
SELENA sends out MOLECH (NOCTOWL).

CIRCE (DELPHOX) is hit by VENOSHOCK. It deals moderate damage.
CIRCE uses PSYCHIC at CINDER (SALAZZLE).

ROLL 1-10 FOR PSYCHIC TO LOWER SP. DEF
F2VMNE47

MOLECH used HYPNOSIS at ARTHUR (GALLADE).

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON May 12, 2020 18:02:01 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","boattop"]
[attr="class","boatpic"]

Katherine smirks proudly. That smug attitude of hers was hard to hide, even when she was pretending to be a normal gym-challenger. The Rocket blood in her veins often betrayed whatever facade she was trying to maintain. She wasn't known for her poker face. It was one of the many reasons why she opted to wear masks when being tasked with official assignments.
[break][break]
Two versus two. The last partners of both Selena and her.
[break]
"Cinder, there is no time to waste. Poison gas!" The Rocketess had been hiding this card up her sleeve for the longest now, clearly preparing for the last of Selena's duos to arrive first. The lizard pokemon adorns a joyful expression as she opens her mouth to emit the poisonous gas. It was lethal if inhaled and assured to the trainer that both the Delphox and Noctowl will be poisoned in the matter of moments. However, Katherine does have to accept the fact that evading the fox's PSYCHIC was not possible.
[break][break]
It's super effective, just as one would expect, but the Salazzle is not out of commission just yet. The hypnosis of the owl fails, if only due to the temporary smokescreen that was provided by Cinder's POISON GAS. Gallade and Katherine share a nod, and the psychic-type's eyes begin to glow with an ethereal blue glow - preparing a CONFUSION against the owl. No order is given, but the attack itself is executed all the same, thanks to Arthur's natural instincts.
[break][break]
"I suggest attacking while you still can, miss gym-leader!" Was she taunting Selena? "I've heard my Salazzle's poison is not easy to ignore."

[break]

[break][break]
CINDER (salazzle) is hit by circe's psychic. it deals heavy damage.
[break]
ARTHUR (gallade) avoids molech's stare thanks to salazzle's poison gas. it doesn't fall asleep.
[break]
CINDER (salazzle) uses poison gas against circe and molech, poisoning them both.
[break]
ARTHUR (gallade) uses confusion against molech. it deals normal damage.
[break][break]
kWffAx_2 - must land between 1-10 to confuse molech!

[newclass=.boatwrap]margin: 0px auto; margin-top: 20px; width: 350px; padding: 40px; background-color: #f5f5f5; border: 1px solid #dddddd; font: 11px arial; text-align: justify; color: #616161;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap b]color: #616161; transition: 0.8s ease; -moz-transition: 0.8s ease; -webkit-transition: 0.8s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap .boattop]width: 170px; margin: 0px auto; text-align: center; padding: 20px; padding-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 20px; border-bottom: 1px solid #e5e5e5; font: 9px arial; font-style: italic; text-transform: lowercase; color: #959595; transition: 0.8s ease; -moz-transition: 0.8s ease; -webkit-transition: 0.8s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap .boatpic]width: 70px; margin: 0px auto; margin-bottom: 10px; filter: grayscale(100%); -moz-filter: grayscale(100%); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); transition: 0.8s ease; -moz-transition: 0.8s ease; -webkit-transition: 0.8s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap .boatpic img]width: 70px; height: 70px; border-radius: 100%; -moz-border-radius: 100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatwrap:hover .boatpic]filter: grayscale(0%); -moz-filter: grayscale(0%); -webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatbottom]width: 170px; margin: 0px auto; text-align: center; padding: 20px; padding-bottom: 0px; margin-top: 20px; border-top: 1px solid #e5e5e5; font: 9px arial; font-style: italic; text-transform: lowercase; color: #959595;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boatbottom a]font: 9px arial; font-style: italic; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sltdrkcred]text-align: center; font: 8px verdana; font-weight: bold;[/newclass][newclass=.sltdrkcred a]font: 8px verdana; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON May 17, 2020 18:53:04 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

Molech flapped his wings aggressively, using AIR SLASH to bluster the otherwise poisonous gush of air coming towards the pair. The noctowl managed to protect the delphox, but it was unlucky to contact the toxic. Immediately after, the CONFUSION from the gallade hit Molech, adding another strain to the poor owl’s condition.

At Katherine’s taunting, the gym leader was also smiling. At least this battle finally revealed the true face of her challenger. There was no going back now. “You think I’m going easy on you? I hope you’re ready for what’s coming!”

As the noctowl descended a few feet from his position, the delphox leaped once more—its wooden staff preparing another burst of PSYCHIC towards the salazzle. At least if Cinder tried to bring Molech down, he could count on Circe to avenge him for Selena.

MOLECH (NOCTOWL) and CIRCE (DELPHOX) is hit by POISON GAS.
MOLECH uses AIR SLASH to block the attack. MOLECH is POISONED.
MOLECH is hit by CONFUSION. It deals normal damage. MOLECH is CONFUSED.

CIRCE uses PSYCHIC at CINDER (SALAZZLE).

ROLL 1-10 FOR PSYCHIC TO LOWER SP. DEF
F1lV4|Vr

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON May 17, 2020 19:14:49 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","boattop"]
[attr="class","boatpic"]

At this point, Katherine felt comfortable paying little mind to the owl. Sure, it was still flapping its wings and capable of attacking-- but the combination of the confusion and being poisoned would surely deal with him sooner or later. However, the Delphox is fortunate enough to avoid the wrath of Salazzle's poisonous gas. It forces the Rocketess to adjust her plans according to the tides of the battle.
[break][break]
"Another Venoshock, Cinder. If the fox wants to get you, they're going down as well." The woman's hand assertively moved upwards to point at the fire-type. "Arthur, you as well! Psychic on her! Bring her to Cinder!" As the blast of PSYCHIC shoots from the staff of the pokemon, they are surrounded by a familiar aura of the same exact move. They shine with a pink glow just as they leap into the air, and hopefully - they are brought closer to Katherine's Salazzle, to secure the hit with the poison-type attack.
[break][break]
She had to abuse the confusion to her advantage, and it seemed as if she found no fault with that.
[break][break]
Once the PSYCHIC connects with Salazzle herself, an explosion occurs and she is sent flying backwards-- hitting the ground with a loud thud. She was out of commission now as well, but if Katherine's plan was successful? So was Selena's Delphox.

[break]

[break][break]
CINDER (salazzle) is hit by circe's psychic. it deals heavy damage.
[break]
ARTHUR (gallade) uses psychic to bring circe closer towards cinder. it deals light damage.
[break]
CINDER (salazzle) uses venoshock against circe. it deals normal damage.
[break]
CINDER (salazzle) faints!

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON May 17, 2020 19:41:23 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

Arthur’s PSYCHIC made Circe plummet into Cinder’s direction as she launched another VENOSHOCK before going down. The delphox immediately joined the salazzle inside their pokéballs, leaving only the gallade and noctowl to fend for the final match.

“Don’t think you’re already winning this just because you spammed my Molech with status conditions—the battle is not yet over!” If what Selena was saying was a bluff, both of them would not now. The fate of their battle relies now on the strength of their last pokémons. Molech may be confused and intoxicated, but Selena has faith that he would struggle until the end. AIR SLASH—now!”

CIRCE (DELPHOX) is hit by PSYCHIC. It deals weak damage.
CIRCE is hit by VENOSHOCK. It deals normal damage.
CIRCE faints.

MOLECH (NOCTOWL) uses AIR SLASH at ARTHUR (GALLADE).

ROLL 1-33 FOR MOLECH TO ATTACK HIMSELF
mBMUDVjY
ROLL 1-30 FOR AIR SLASH TO FLINCH (DISREGARD IF PREV. ROLL IS 1-33)

ROLL 1-25 TO RECOVER FROM CONFUSION

··
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON May 17, 2020 19:56:46 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","boattop"]
[attr="class","boatpic"]

"All is fair in love and war. I believe that's the saying."
[break][break]
Katherine winks at Selena, that cheeky smile of hers never once faltering. Her plan from now on was simple - to have her Gallade assault the Owl whenever he could, and evade his attacks by teleporting away. Simple and cheesy. But within the rules. Kat respected the rules, if only because earning a badge meant that she had no other choice.
[break][break]
Arthur and Katherine both watch as Molech in his confusion strikes himself just as the poison seeps deeper into his body. For a moment, she considers stopping-- but the thought is dismissed with a sway of her head. "Psychic, Arthur. Bring him down." The order is executed with haste, the dual-type wasting no time to follow the command of his trainer. The normal-type is assaulted with a blast of psychic energies once more. "We can stop now if you'd like. I think we know how it ends."
[break][break]
It is less cockiness now and more pity on the helpless Noctowl.

[break]

[break][break]
ARTHUR (gallade) uses psychic against molech. it deals normal damage.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON May 17, 2020 20:13:58 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

If there was anything stopping Molech, that was the poison slowly caving inside his body. Katherine only spoke of the truth—there was only one probable ending in this story—but the fierce determination on the noctowl’s face despite wringing in pain disapproved having her call off the fight.

If there’s will, there’s always a way. If only Molech could speak human, that is what he would say.

“If my noctowl is determined to win like that, I would support him with all I can!”

Molech attempted another AIR SLASH into its target—weakening forelimbs rigorously flapping to produce the sharp flying-type attack. The results are obvious—that is much now clearer for Selena. But there was no telling if this time, the attack would miss.

She wanted to give the owl the chance of redemption.

MOLECH (NOCTOWL) is hit by PSYCHIC. It deals normal damage.
MOLECH uses AIR SLASH at ARTHUR (GALLADE).

ROLL 1-33 FOR MOLECH TO ATTACK HIMSELF
mYnhd0CT
ROLL 1-30 FOR AIR SLASH TO FLINCH (DISREGARD IF PREV. ROLL IS 1-33)

ROLL 1-50 TO RECOVER FROM CONFUSION

MOLECH is badly hurt from POISON.

··
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON May 17, 2020 20:27:46 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","boattop"]
[attr="class","boatpic"]

"Fair enough. I commend you both for not surrendering then."
[break][break]
Katherine could only assume that it came from the training that the normal-type was given by his trainer. Whether if the battle was already won by the Rocketess or not, she knew that this was undeniably her hardest fight to date. Gallade knew this as well. "A blow for a blow then, Arthur. Psychic again." The Gallade sought to finish this faster than Selena and Katherine preferred it seemed. As the owl is surrounded by that aura of the mystical energy, he is forced to spin in place. The silent ones were the deadliest.
[break][break]
And Arthur was no different.
[break][break]
He aimed to not only capitalize on the confusion the Noctowl was dealing with, but he wanted the normal-type to be disoriented as well. And by the end of it? Katherine's partner brings Molech down, slamming the bird against the floor. The AIR SLASH lands, causing Arthur to wince in pain-- but it's not enough to cripple the dual-type or defeat him.

[break]

[break][break]
ARTHUR (gallade) uses psychic against molech. it deals normal damage.
[break]
ARTHUR (gallade) is hit by air slash. it deals normal damage.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON May 22, 2020 13:19:45 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

Ailing from the poison and confusion that it sustained, the noctowl fainted from the battle but not without dignity and honor to uphold. As soon as Molech hits the floor, the result of the match was more sparkling dust than ever. Katherine won.

The trumpets horned as soon as the battle is over, reverberating throughout the huge hall that witnessed another beginning for someone’s pokémon league challenge—or at least that was what Selena had in mind. The gym leader returned Molech to his ball then walked across the arena to see Katherine up close.

“That was quite a match, won’t you agree?”

For someone who had been stuck in the region, the Kalosian was satisfied at her display of skills. She gave a smile, a recognition of her intellect and intuition that truly represents what the Mystery Badge is all about. The pink-haired lady reached something from her pocket, a pink-tinged, heart-shaped token, and she handed it to Katherine.

“This is the Mystery Badge – bearers the pink insignia represents natural talent that is polished by days of hard work and perseverance. You did not only meet the standard of intuitiveness but you exceeded it! All I can say is that your partners are very lucky to have you as their trainer!”

Selena reached for the girl’s hand and placed the badge on her palm. “I’m glad you took this challenge because I also learned something from it.” The lady then turned and walked away, brushing her hair as the spotlights from the gym’s ceiling began to fade.

“My team and I will train even harder so that the next time we battle, we will not lose. I hope we see each other again.”

MOLECH (NOCTOWL) is hit by PSYCHIC. It deals normal damage.
MOLECH is badly hurt from POISON.
MOLECH faints.

KATHERINE wins!
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON May 22, 2020 13:41:18 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","boattop"]
[attr="class","boatpic"]

"Yes. This battle was great!"
[break][break]
There's evidently still excitement in the Rocketess' voice, likely due to the fact that she managed to secure her first badge. That meant a lot, didn't it? It proved she wasn't all talk and no bark. Katherine and her pokemons possessed skills that others did not. She was a valuable asset. She proved something both to herself and to Rocket today. Or a least it felt that way.
[break][break]
The offered gym badge is taken without a second thought of consideration. She was eager to claim it.
[break][break]
And to top it all off? Selena even compliments her. Whereas Gallade refrains from bearing his heart on his sleeve, his trainer does so proudly. A smile touches at her lips, her head nodding as soon as the gym-leader finished. "Thank you! I am glad this was the first gym I got to challenge as well. I mean... Not just because of the badge. I didn't expect to learn as much as I did." What a weird thing to admit.
[break][break]
And then, there's a promise made by the Kalosian.
[break][break]
"Oh? Fair enough then. I'll remember that when we rematch."
[break][break]
Who knows on what terms they'll fight against each other next time..?

[break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 22, 2020 22:52:30 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]gym battle complete!
[attr="class","reward2"]

you two receive the following: 50 pokedollars, 5 infamy
[break]