6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
knockout [gym]
POSTED ON May 11, 2020 17:18:56 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
his kommo-o opens the door for him, kyle scheduling a trip as soon as the rustburo gym officially opened its doors for challengers.

he had decided not to notify noah of the visit, although he assumed that he expects him to visit sooner or later. he wished it was the latter, however, as he wasn't ready to see a cage in the middle of the ring for a gym stadium.

"why did you renovate the place like this?"

kyle walks in the front door in the classic attire of shirt, shorts and sandals. he takes a sip of the frappe on his hand, and then takes a look at an untouched one on his other. "which one do you want?" he asks. there's no tell of the contents of each cup, but both had the same regardless of his choice.

he has fond memories of the previous rustburo gym, and to see it transformed to something entirely new blew his mind out of proportions. at the very least, it doesn't seem as extravagant as weather machines, type changing arenas, resorts, mystery rooms, battle frontiers and the like.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
knockout [gym]
POSTED ON May 12, 2020 9:41:21 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 at the voice, noah leaps from the bleachers. his sneakers strike against the gym floor, every impact a tectonic event as he races to the entrance. he's dressed in his gym leader's uniform. still in his own particlar brand of athleisure, but with a proper pokeball holster and league insignia.

he looks the part. maybe. that's what he tells himself to shake the nerves.

"c'mon, man. you're supposed to be like, 'wow noah, this shit's wild!'" he grabs the one kyle had sipped from, its surface damp and cold. "anyway, the league told me they appreciated how cheap this was compared to the others."

his laugh echoes into the rafters before it's muted by frappe and froth. noah's pleased with his choice. he presses the icy surface of the cup to his face.

"thanks for coming, man. are you here to watch me trounce another challenger or what?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
knockout [gym]
POSTED ON May 12, 2020 9:53:59 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the smile from noah choosing the correct choice breaks the shock in his face. he takes a sip on his new cup at the same time as noah, the timing of it just fueling more to his glee.

he licks his lips, cleaning it off of the cream from the topmost layer of the frappe. the question doesn't faze him, and the confidence he exudes just from standing before noah shows itself.

"i'm here to trounce you."

kyle takes a step forward, closing his eyes as he leans down to press his lips against noah's. up close, he opens them to take a look at the reaction from his advances. he draws himself away from him as soon as noah gives him the chance.

"i'll trounce you in more ways than one too, if you're in the mood, hehe." kyle's steeliness eventually fades into bashfulness. a finger scratches his chin, waiting for things to settle before continuing. "b-but yeah. you know me. i'm almost always first in line in these kinda things."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
knockout [gym]
POSTED ON May 13, 2020 6:43:04 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 the purpose of visit and greeting: a deadly one-two. his cup is held to the side as kyle invades his space. dangerously, the container bends as his fingers press firm. the plastic dome pops loose.

noah swallows, adam's apple bobbing as he fastens the cover of his drink with a pop. he licks his lips and sucks in a big breath to compose himself.

"yeah? first in line for which one?" noah snaps back with a smirkl he's heated with anticipation and nerves— but this is his domain.

he reminds him of that. "you wish though. you might be an elite four, but... this is my home turf." noah looks to the caged ring and the spotlights scream at it with their hot focuses. "maybe i should take your spot after i win?"

noah snickers.

"which format you want?" he lists them afterward, taking another straw full of drink. he grabs the other's hand and pulls him toward the ring.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
knockout [gym]
POSTED ON May 13, 2020 15:12:25 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle stares at the cage alongside noah. certain pokemon wouldn't do well in it, but at least his kommo-o seems to be the kind of pokemon that would do well.

he holds his hands and lets himself get pulled along. the warmth of his touch contradicts the coldness of the frappe on his other hand, tempting him in to remain. he tightens his grip, refusing to let go even as they reached their destination. it swings softly as they talk.

"we're going doubles," he answers bluntly. "loser does the laundry this weekend."

the conditions come out from kyle naturally, temporarily forgetting the true nature of the battle. having sparred with noah multiple times after he had asked to be trained under his wing kills the excitement of fighting a new opponent. on the other hand, the familiarity gets kyle to loosen up.

kyle takes a long sip of his drink.

"you could just give me the badge and save yourself the trouble of healing up your pokemon afterwards, by the way."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
knockout [gym]
POSTED ON May 15, 2020 5:01:12 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "just the laundry?" noah chews on his straw as he speaks. already, the end of it noisily sucks air, rattling like plastic heatmor desperate for more. "we can up the ante some more, bro."

after climbing a small black staircase, noah unlocks the chain-link door. it swings open, the metal's shaking an impatient ruckus. noah unclips two pokeballs from his holster, their minimized shapes expanding as a machamp and hariyama appear on one side of the canvas floor.

"hey!"

he snaps the empty pokeballs back into their slots and sets his drink on the top step. hopping off the three-step staircase, noah uses the momentum to move in close to the elite four.

"this is a serious match, dude."

noah peers up at kyle and hugs him— if only to distract him as he steals kyle's straw with his teeth. a slurp announces a helping of filched frappe. he speaks, straw still pinched between his canines.

"training under you means i'm an expert kyle-wrecker." thick with confidence, noah winks. the sparkle in his eye is an unraveling ribbon as he withdraws. "so, you can have first move. if you want."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
knockout [gym]
POSTED ON May 18, 2020 18:27:07 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the soft smile on his expression from the hug quickly transitions to contempt. a low grumble in his throat as he pries noah off of himself, and his drink, was reminiscent of how he wrestled his dogs off of his food.

"i've wrecked you so many times though," he brings up as a counterpoint.

eventually, he takes the lid off along with the straw. kyle proceeds to leave noah with it while he chugs a good majority of the drink. the sudden rush of coldness hurt, but it was worth it to assert his dominance.

once the weight of the cup diminishes, kyle holds it with his mouth, freeing up a hand to release another pokemon out. while technically still indoors, the type:null that appeared from the pokeball still seemed uncomfortable outside kyle's basement.

the kommo-o also enters the ring.

"go fight them, guyth," he forces out as he still holds the cup with his mouth.

the kommo-o, being used to kyle's playstyle, hypes himself up with a dragon dance to boost his performance. the type:null, on the other hand, whips its head and fires an air slash to the direction to what it assumes to be the bigger threat: the machamp.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
knockout [gym]
POSTED ON May 20, 2020 8:39:17 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 the plastic lid and straw dangles from teeth. noah whines, the straw whistling like a bent, off-tune flute. in a stubborn display of arbitrary competition, he keeps the straw in his mouth too.

"yeah, do itphfh!" noah says— but he quickly follows up with proper instruction: "protect yourselves— and keep them in placemph!"

the canvas creaks as his machamp lunges in front of its partner. with all arms crossed, its robust body flexes defensively for a WIDE GUARD. as the AIR SLASH folds against the machamp, noah's hariyama clutches its knees and stomps. a thick wave of SURF surges from the pokemon's haunches and rushes towards kyle's pokemon, hoping to pin them against the chainlink fence.

the water splashes off the ring and wets their shoes. noah drops his straw and lid from his mouth.

"oh fuck, my shoes."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
knockout [gym]
POSTED ON May 21, 2020 4:30:34 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
karma suddenly catches up to noah almost immediately. kyle's smile turns crooked as he smirks on the misfortune befallen to his new favorite gym leader.

"hah! serves you right!"

the half-empty cup then falls from his mouth when he speaks without thinking about it, landing once again on noah's shoes. all the cheeriness fade as he watches a few buck's worth of his overpriced drink fall into waste.

"my frappe..."

and then kyle remembers how much noah likes his shoes. he's not sure if noah puts it on par of kyle's love of money, but he's there to support him through the pain. arms wrap around noah, hugging him to comfort. "i-i'm sorry for your loss," he murmurs.

---

both of kyle's pokemon eat up the hit, unable to dodge in an enclosed space. the kommo-o is quick to think on his feet, however, and uses the cover of the wave to hide his actions, rushing up to the hariyama with his increased speed as soon as the wave allows him to move, attempting to push it away with dragon tail to the corner of the cage.

the type:null remains on his position and releases an ear-splitting metal sound towards the machamp. at the very least, his kommo-o can't be distracted from it with his own soundproof.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
knockout [gym]
POSTED ON May 24, 2020 6:40:15 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 noah stares at the ruined catastrophe splattered all over his shoes. while kyle's arms wrap around him, the gym leader keeps one eye on the cage. "i'm sorry for yours!" he shouts, "blow 'em back for space!"

the rattling of metal scales continues after noah's hariyama is struck. the thick-bodied wrestler is forced to the corner— small two-toed feet pressing deep into the canvas. as the machamp struggles to close the gap between itself and the shrieking type:null, the hariyama spins. its flat hands pick up WHIRLWINDS and deliver them toward kyle's pokemon.

should the type:null's METAL SOUND cease, noah's machamp would peel away one set of hands from its ears to charge forth in the gale. it'd attempt to THROAT CHOP the type:null with a deft strike from one of its many hands.

"if you let me win, i'll buy you a new frappe." noah says, pulling off his shoes. "and... stop distracting me with your arms."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
knockout [gym]
POSTED ON May 27, 2020 4:44:35 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
his kommo-o gets blown to the other side, the metal cage rattling as the kommo-o hits the mesh surrounding the cage. the type:null finally shuts up with the throat chop.

"if you let me win, i'll..." kyle leans to noah's ears and starts whispering words that would likely support his side. in the end, it was all for playful banter rather than actual bribery.

kyle pulls away from noah, though his arms were still wrapped around him. "...just ask anything, to be honest!" he snickers right afterwards.

without missing a beat, he turns to the battlefield.

"sky uppercut. air slash. double on machamp." -ion. part of him always autofills the word as machampion in his head now.

the kommo-o rushes the machamp with a boost, halting his sprint just before the machamp to deliver a well-timed uppercut at the fighting-type. the type:null waits for the kommo-o to finish its move before it fires it own, blades of air blitzing towards the hulking figure.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
knockout [gym]
POSTED ON May 28, 2020 8:38:26 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 kyle's whispers snake into his ear, tickling its shell with flights of fancy. it causes the new gym leader to flinch- much like his machamp.

the gray hulk painfully absorbs much of the UPPERCUT with its musculature, but the machamp's defenses are preoccupied. blades of air strike the pokemon, and briefly, all four arms fall inert.

"ah!" a flushed noah wrestles against kyle's arms. "FORCE PALM them away!"

curving around, the hariyama palms the air with every step. relentless shockwaves emit from its broad hands and buffet against kyle's pokemon should they hit.

"cheater..." noah looks to him- but he quickly looks away under the 'guise of directing his pokemon. "but i'll think about it- and only if it's right after."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
knockout [gym]
POSTED ON May 28, 2020 17:37:28 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the shock waves push the kommo-o away from the machamp while the type:null gets pushed against its corner that it already situated itself on.

the dragon gets more defensive, its stance reflecting such. plate covered hands were held in front of his face, protectively covering itself from any sudden source of damage. the type:null, on the other hand, just shakes its head as it tries to shrug off the pain.

"clanging scales!" kyle orders in a more cheery tone, after which he adds, "wolt, tri-attack! machamp." -ion.

with the order in place, the kommo-o releases its stance and points its arms towards the opposing pokemon, roaring as the move resonates throughout the cage. the type:null beside him batters the machamp with a trio of attacks, one of fire, ice and electricity respectively.

kyle clogs his ears with his fingers when the move echoes throughout the otherwise empty room. "i know you can't resist me!" he yells alongside the noise, the message unrecognizable at all.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
knockout [gym]
POSTED ON May 29, 2020 4:24:56 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "fong! cover cobra's ears in front!" noah's cries overlap kyle's. the hariyama acts quick.

the cacophony floods the room like television static. ringing fills his eardrums— but the roar of kyle's words can be felt. can be heard. the familiar frequency is tuned to at a constant.

"agh," noah grunts through clenched teeth. his expression betrays the frustration at the battlefield and the truth in kyle's words.

the hariyama lunges forth, large mitten hands cupping the machamp's small head. its large body is battered by the TRI-ATTACK and is rocked by the supersonic rumbling of CLANGING SCALES. after the attacks subside, the hariyama collapses face first.

"cobra! mega evolve now!" noah's mega bracelet glows— and as his machamp swells to its new forme. with glowing eyes, the machamp roars with its forearms covered in striated veins of gold. "THROAT CHOP the kommo-o and WIDE GUARD!"

the machamp charges and swings its hefty arm toward the dragon's throat, and attempts to protect itself.

a flushed noah, sweaty and excitable from the sudden surge of adrenaline, bats his fist against kyle's chest. "i'm happy your frappe spilled, man."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
knockout [gym]
POSTED ON May 29, 2020 13:54:25 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
with every hit, kyle shies away from noah, chuckling. his arms subconsciously retract closer to his body as if defending from noah. "that's fucked up, man," he responds lightheartedly. "i bought them for you too, you know?"

kyle's attention quickly goes back to the fight, however. unfortunately, he is unable to relish in noah's expressions.

the kommo-o, already wary of the enemy even before the mega evolution, quickly guards against the attack with protect. it pulls its arms close to its face, hunkers down, and meets the arm with a protective barrier.

the type:null stares at awe with the mega evolution, having not seen them before. it takes kyle's voice to snap it back to attentiveness.

"wolt, get in there! crush claw!"

from its corner, the type:null kicks against the cage's mesh and pushes itself towards the wide guard. its crush claw hits against the barrier, gripping at the barrier's surface as it digs its talons through it, attempting to break through eventually.

"are you paying back for the frappe then? i'll take your shoes for dry cleaning if you do."