bad day at black rock [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 20, 2020 3:21:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
MAGNETIC
If I wasn't comfortable with myself, I would never be comfortable.
POKÉMON

THEME

bad day in lilycove

ASSIGNMENT

here

The mass of civilians crowding the streets and boardwalks of Lilycove certainly didn't make tracking down a runaway swindler and his Kadabra any easier.

But Atlan persisted.

In an attempt to try and figure out their tricks, and essentially catch them red-handed, he had played along with their strange game of cups and simultaneous fortune-telling via tarot cards. It was in the middle of that, however, that he'd been made a fool of. The young swindler, who couldn't be much older than ten or twelve years old, had caught on to his own lie and pickpocketed his wallet. He would have caught the kid but, well... he had tripped. And now he was walking around with a slightly scraped knee where his trousers had torn.

"Ripipi."

The tiny Rookidee on his shoulder chirped, prompting him to stop in his tracks just beside the plaza fountain as he looked around at the surrounding crowd. It was just past lunch time... why were there so many people out and about? He sighed. "If they're not here then they must be in one of the alleyways nearby..." He muttered to himself and his bird, turning back around before moving forward and immediately bumping into a salesman carrying a large tree of cotton candy.

"Gyaaah!"

He yelped. Tripping on his own feet like a buffoon, he struggled to regain balance before instinctively grabbing at the cotton candy tree and a random girl's arm to try and steady himself. In the end, it resulted in him dragging them both into the fountain with him when the back of his legs hit its edge. His Rookidee, Nemesis, on the other hand, flew to safety atop the fountain statue of Eros from his shoulder, well before he'd made his splash.

Atop a pile of cotton candy that immediately disintegrated into nothing more than sugar water, the soaked assistant gasped and pulled himself up. After trying in vain to shake the water off of his soaked arms, the suited young man groaned as people gathered to see what all the commotion was about. The cotton candy salesman, a middle-aged man with a beard, was wide-eyed and angered by Atlan's accident. He started shouting things in French but, unable to understand, Atlan turned his attention to the female beside him instead. His embarrassment and shock grew threefold.

At the sight of her, he blushed and blinked and felt like his stomach had been tied into a knot. "H-Holy Floette... are you ok?" He asked, offering her his hand. "I— there was a—he came out of nowhere, that man, and— ugh, shit, I'm sorry..."
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON May 20, 2020 3:56:31 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheaderbig"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

Unlike her eventual would-be partner in bad luck, Stormy was unassuming and hadn't put the pieces together. She, too, had bumped into and indulged a ten-year-old who had batted his irresistibly adorable lashes at her. He'd taken her hand and lead her to a table to play a game of cups and read her tarot cards - though she was convinced he was making it all up. [break][break]

Regardless, it isn't until later that she realizes her wallet is missing from her purse, only when she's trying to order from a hotdog stand and comes up empty. [break][break]

"I-I'm so sorry, sir. I swear, I just had it a moment ago."[break][break]

But he's already waving her off because she's struggling to pick through the bottom of her purse to find the loose change rattling in the bottom. Over and over again she fumbles it, a growl escaping her throat as the coins drop to the ground and roll away. Just as she collects all of it except one piece, the one coin that would give her exact change, it falls underneath a bench. [break][break]

Instead of walking around to the other side of it, she opts to kneel down beside it, pressing her cheek to the metal as she reaches through to find it. Except all she gets in return is her hand stepped on by a passerby who doesn't even notice her gasp of pain and anger.[break][break]

With her other hand, she snags the coin and gets to her feet, brushing off dust and oblivious to the fact there's a stripe of wet paint against her cheek from the bench. It turns out she'd missed the 'wet paint' sign along the front. Stormy promptly makes her way back to the hotdog stand only to see that he's closed up shop unexpectedly. A sign sits out and the man's back is turned.[break][break]

'out of hot dogs, come back later.'[break][break]

Stormy groans, stomping her foot in exasperation at this unfortunate turn of events. Her stomach growls it's impatience with her incompetence as she glances down the street to the cotton candy vendor stationed next to the beautiful fountain.[break][break]

And that's when she finds out cotton candy wasn't on the menu tonight, either.[break][break]

Just as she's given her spool of sugary-goodness that almost certainly wouldn't have staved her hunger, she feels a hand wrap around her arm and tug sharply. She gasps in horror as she feels her balance shift unexpectedly. Her boot skids, sliding on something that enables her to fall into the man. Together, they crash and flip over the stone lip of the fountain and she gasps again in pain as she bumps her shin painfully off the lip.[break][break]

Water fills her nose and she chokes and sputters as she pushes off of the man roughly, desperate to not drown in such a small amount of water in front of dozens of people - how humiliating.[break][break]

When she pushes herself up enough to not be submerged, her shirt is soaked and her hair sticks to her neck in dark tendrils. She's wearing water-proof mascara, though, probably the only fortunate thing to come out of this. Wiping dirty fountain water from her face and shaking her head, she glares at the young man who's blushing and offering his hand. [break][break]

Even still, she takes his offer of help, praying that he doesn't stumble and drop her a second time.[break][break]

"It's fine, really. It's just some water."[break][break]

But there's a forlorn look in her eye as the cotton candy dissolves before her eyes and she feels the stickiness linger in her hair and on her skin.[break][break]

"You really had it out for that poor cotton candy though, didn't you? Ruthless."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]

[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 20, 2020 4:41:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
MAGNETIC
POKÉMON

THEME

bad day in lilycove

ASSIGNMENT

here

Was that... paint on her face?

After helping the stranger up and getting a closer look at her, Atlan could tell it was. Though he wasn't entirely sure she had it there on purpose as a trendy style of some sort. He stares at her (particularly the paint mark more than anything) before she snaps him out of it with a remark about the wasted cotton candy. He groans and rubs the back of his neck abashedly, briefly shifting his eyes back to the angry Kalosian man outside the fountain. Not to mention the crowd staring at them.

"Yeah, dream-crusher. Candy assassin. That's me." He joked with an exasperated sigh at the sight of a sniffling kid being consoled by his mother for not buying cotton candy sooner. "I guess I should pay the man," He continues, trudging through the water but stopping just as he reaches the fountain's edge. Turning to her, he asks, "Again, I'm incredibly sorry. I, uh..." He digs into his inner jacket pocket, then pulls out a small stack of business cards that have practically melded together after getting wet. Embarrassed yet again, he carefully sets it down on the fountain edge.

"My number is on there. If you want to charge me for the dry cleaning bill later, please don't hesitate." He smiles, careful to step out of the fountain afterwards. There's a moment where he thinks he's beginning to lose his balance again. But then he manages to get both feet out of the water and onto firm ground again. Though he doesn't notice it, however, some Wingull dung then falls from above and lands on the back of his right shoulder as he pulls out his wallet.

Dripping all over and making a 'squelch' with every step he takes, he closes the gap between himself and the angry Kalosian vendor before coming to the bleak realization that he's only got a 10,000₱ bank note to hand out. "Change? Do you have any change?" He asks the foreigner, who either doesn't understand or plays it dumb before Atlan looks around instead. "Does anyone have any change for a 10,000 bill?"

It's then, however, that his Rookidee lands on his left shoulder. (Y'know, the one without the poop on it.) When she chirps and nods, Atlan follows her gazed to see that scoundrel of a kid laughing from afar behind a mailbox. Unwilling to quit now despite all of this, he shoves the wet bill into the Kalosian man's hands and makes haste... despite it being far more money than was owed.

"Sorry again!"

He waves back at the vendor and the crowd as he runs off, leaving a trail of water behind him.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON May 20, 2020 12:07:31 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

She notices immediately how pointedly he stares at her cheek and she blinks rapidly in awkward discomfort. Was there something on her face? It doesn't bother her in the slightest that the rest of the passing crowd stares, only that he does. Their murmurs of disappointment do nothing to fell her confidence - in fact, she almost laughs in the face of their scrutiny.[break][break]

Her hand raises to the dried-but-now-damp paint pressed to her cheek just as he makes a joke. In spite of the embarrassment staining her cheeks a deep pink, Stormy manages to add onto his exasperated attempt at humor with some more of her own.[break][break]

"Yeah, a candy-crusher."[break][break]

While he wades to the edge of the fountain to begin his departure, Stormy hesitates, fingernails peeling at the paint absently. She's muttering under her breath about what could possibly be stuck to her cheek and how it got there - but then her eyes settle on the wet-sign bench down the street and she sighs.[break][break]

But then her attention is directed to the young man pulling out business cards that have absorbed water and become the thickest card of all time. He sets it down on the edge of the fountain and she stifles her laughter for the sake of not embarrassing him further. Except.. it seems that a Wingull has done that for him. She watches as the bird drops a generous gift on his shoulder.[break][break]

Stormy braces herself against the fountain as she pulls herself carefully out of the fountain to drip dry on the stone. Her sandals squelch as she puts weight on them. Gross.[break][break]

While she stares at the dropping on his shoulder, trying to decide a polite way to remove it for him or bring his attention to it without humiliating him, the young man waves around a bill, asking people who didn't give a damn if they can break it. His attention is quickly swept up when a Rookidee lands on his clean shoulder and chirps, directing him elsewhere. It appears the cotton candy vendor gentleman has abandoned his anger.[break][break]

Stormy pulls a miraculously dry stack of napkins from her closed purse and decides to just tackle the mess on Atlan's shoulder without warning or invitation.[break][break]

"I'm so sorry, just hold sti---"[break][break]

But before she could get the majority of it, Atlan pulls away to run off. He bellows another apology and she blinks in surprise, floored by his bizarre behaviour. She doesn't dwell on it for long, however, as she turns to retrieve the stack of business cards and dispose of her napkin. Her stomach growls again and she sighs as she takes another look at the nearby food places.[break][break]

Ultimately, Stormy opts to backtrack and search for her missing wallet, convinced she must have left it somewhere or dropped it along the way. When she comes up empty, she realizes how hungry, damp, and dirty she is. People look upon her with scorn and disgust and she sighs, feeling her shoulders droop in defeat.[break][break]

It doesn't occur to her even still that her misfortune is directly related to her tarot cards, not even the fact that the little boy had proudly predicted almost all of what had happened to her.[break][break]

Well, everything except getting kicked in the face by a familiar stranger and further humiliating herself. That hadn't yet happened but it was sure to, much to her dismay.[break][break]

Stormy makes her way down the street, a damp jacket hanging limp off one shoulder. She's since pulled her hair up and into a messy bun to keep the cold, damp hair off her bare shoulders and looks more than a little frustrated and angry.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]

[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 20, 2020 20:57:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
MAGNETIC
POKÉMON

THEME

bad day in lilycove

ASSIGNMENT

here

Some time later in the day...

Another chase, another EMBARRASSING screw-up.

This time, of course, Atlan had somehow managed to snag his left foot between the iron bars of a sewer grate as he had been turning to chase the kid into an alley. Unable to do much but watch, Nemesis flew off of his shoulder and perched itself on a nearby neon sign for a bar as he struggled to pull himself out of the accidental foot trap. Civilians passed by in each direction on the sidewalk— giggling, lamenting, or gasping at his predicament with incredulous stares before moving on.

But none of them helped, of course.

In fact, one guy even tossed his empty soda can in the gutter, coming dangerously close to striking Atlan's head with it but still managing to speckle his face with droplets of flat cola that had once been stowed away in the can. Now thoroughly displeased, the young lad growled and shook a fist at the man as he continued to try and pull his left foot free. "HEY ASSHOLE. THERE'S A CAN AT THE CORNER OF THE STREET FOR YOUR TRASH!" He exclaimed, receiving nothing from the litterer in question as they disappeared into the crowd.

Moments later he sighed, sagging his shoulders in defeat as he gave the foot pulling a brief pause. Beads of sweat clung to his forehead. His clothes were still soaked. And he couldn't seemed to escape the scent of... bird dung? He groaned and looked up to the greying sky above. "Oh great. It's gonna rain now, too?" Next, I'll be struck by lightning, he bleakly thought. It was then, however, that he remembered something. Lightning... Zeus... Zeus was the name of the retailer where he bought toiletries for men. He'd stopped there this morning to order his cologne and they'd given him a sample packet of luxury lotion!

Hastily, he dug into his pocket to pull it out and use it as a lubricant for his foot. His wallet kept getting in the way, but he felt his fingers clenching to it so he pulled it out with all his might... and pulled both out by accident.

"G-Gyaha!"

Atlan fumbled for both desperately in the air for a moment but, in the end, both the lotion packet and his wallet fell down to the grate below... the two of them somehow landing perfectly vertical and slipping through.

Both his hands clenched onto his head. His mouth was agape. He wanted to curse but the words couldn't come out in all his astonishment. Which was good, considering a row of school children passed by staring at him as they were lead along by their teacher through the city.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON May 21, 2020 2:04:39 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

One thing is for certain - today has absolutely not been her day, and she's about ready to throw in the towel. She'd backtracked as far as she remembered last seeing her wallet with no luck, which meant no lunch. The sun was being replaced with upsetting rain clouds and she could feel the humidity cause her clothes to stick to skin.[break][break]

And it was then that she noticed a pair of eyes, two, actually, continue to peek around the corner wherever she went. It was as if she could hear the snickering of a tiny voice any time something unfortunate happened to her. But no matter how quickly she'd turn her head the voice and the face that it belonged to would disappear. [break][break]

She had begun to follow the voice, however, while tripping over or bumping into people that came out of nowhere. She'd torn her jeans and scraped her knee, run into someone with a full plate of saucy... something or other that quickly stained the front of her shirt - and she felt as though she were no closer to finding the reason behind all of her bad luck. The voice had encouraged her to put the pieces together and realise that maybe it was unreasonable for her luck to have been this terrible.[break][break]

Stormy is profusely apologizing to another person of whom she'd bumped into - knocking their change purse open. Coins spill to the ground and she kneels down to begin picking up the pieces before overhearing someone shouting. There's anger in their tone and, as she quickly abandons the change in favor of someone else in need, she watches as the familiar stranger 'Atlan Beckett' as his business cards had read, loses both a slim packet and his wallet down the drain.[break][break]

"Do you need help? Are you stuck?"[break][break]

Without waiting for an answer, Stormy begins to approach, kneeling down by his foot to try and reach her much smaller hands through the grate to grab hold of his shoe. She begins to work at it in an attempt to get it free without losing the shoe as well.[break][break]

"Just... hold still a moment. I've almost got it."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 22, 2020 5:43:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
MAGNETIC
POKÉMON

THEME

bad day in lilycove

ASSIGNMENT

here

He turns to the kind voice that approaches him, and is mortified to find the pretty girl he had accidentally dragged into the fountain not too long ago. Still stunned by the accident and her seemingly random appearance here, Atlan can't even find the words as she crouches down to help pull his foot out of the sewer grate. It's utterly embarrassing for him to be helped upon like a mother would her child. Not to mention that he's unintentionally prompted her to taint her hands with the grime and dirtiness of the sewer grate, too.  

"N-No, wait, really! I-It's fine!" He finally manages to stammer out, bending down as far as he can go to pat her shoulder and reassure her. "That's very kind, but you don't have to worry yourself about it!" He adds, continuing to try and yank his leg out himself while attempting to get her to back away. Unfortunately, before she can even take the hint, his leg finally finds itself free... at the expense of his shoe. And, even worse... her once unbloodied nose. His expression is one of complete horror milliseconds before he falls on his ass.

"H-Holy crap! I didn't mean to kick you, I swear!" He profusely apologizes, scrambling up onto his knees while hurriedly pulling out the still moist handkerchief in his front suit pocket. "You're the girl from before, right? Arceus almighty... my luck is just terrible today." He laments, folding the handkerchief into a square and gently placing it into her hands. "Here, tilt your head forward and pinch your nostrils with this. It should help."

His face a vibrant red blush, Atlan hardly regards the loss of his shoe as he worriedly looks upon the girl instead.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON May 22, 2020 15:09:09 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

Her fingers slip and she lunges forward just as he insists she stop. The next events take place in what feels like slow motion despite occurring in real time. And, despite seeing it about to happen, Stormy is powerless to pull away from him in time to save herself.[break][break]

And, as a result, she earns herself a kick to the face. Pain flares up across her nose and she recoils, stumbling back and landing in the dirt. One hand flies to her mouth just as blood seeps from her nose. Tears well in her eyes but she doesn't cry - it's only a reflex. Instead she blinks through the tears to look up at her unintentional attacker with surprise.[break][break]

"I-it's okay."[break][break]

But it's not okay because blood drips down her hand and stains her shirt and she's worried that this is only the tip of the iceberg of unfortunate events coming her way. She tilts her head back to stop the bleeding but Atlan approaches her with a handkerchief. He presses it into her hand and her fingers curl around it instinctively, holding onto him for a second longer than intended.[break][break]

Following his instruction, the woman sighs in mild relief as she waits for the throbbing to take a backseat so her mind can focus. [break][break]

"If you mean the girl you dunked into a fountain a couple hours ago, then yeah. I'm that girl. There's probably easier ways to talk to a girl you know."[break][break]

She chuckles a bit as she leans back onto her other hand. It seems she's more than happy to sit on the street and wallow in her situation. People passed them by and sneered, but she was oblivious to their disappointment. Instead, she's watching the man kneeling in front of her, his face a brilliant shade of red. She chuckles again before extending her hand in greeting.[break][break]

"My name is Stormy."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 23, 2020 21:47:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
MAGNETIC
POKÉMON

THEME

bad day in lilycove

ASSIGNMENT

here

It's good to see that she's still in a joking mood, though at best it causes Atlan to nervously laugh. Crouched beside her and on his knees, he ashamedly watches as she tries to stifle the blood with his handkerchief. His hands are propped against the side of his thighs. "I guess I owe you a lot more than just dry cleaning now, huh? Haha..." He adds, reaching behind his head with one to rub the back of his neck. "Dinner and an MRI?"

Okay, maybe that was a lousy joke. But there's isn't much time to regard it anyway before he looks up and spots the Kadabra and its kid trainer far at the end of the street. The two of them are only half-visible as they hide behind a tall sign on the sidewalk, urging people to visit the ramen restaurant there and try their newest combos. There's just enough of them to see that they're clearly laughing at Stormy and Atlan, however. 

Nemesis, his Rookidee, finds itself back on his shoulder with a curious look as she follows her trainer's angered gaze to spot the two culprits. Lost in his mounting rage, he growls. "That damn kid... someone gets hurt and they think this is funny?" Noting how pissed off he's getting, Nemesis chirps in his ear and snaps him out of it. He blinks and shakes his head and shifts his eyes back on Stormy for a moment, their expression turning from vindictive to apologetic in an instant. "Atlan. My friends call me At." He responds, shaking her hand.

He smiles at her... but, before long, he returns those blue eyes of his back to the mischievous swindlers afar. They know he's far too preoccupied right now, making sure Stormy is okay, to bound off and chase them.

But they better believe they're in trouble.

MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON May 24, 2020 0:28:45 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

Stormy breathes a sigh of immense relief at the mere mention of 'dinner'. She practically melts against the pavement, glancing at him with a twinkle of mirth in her eyes as she continues to pinch the bridge of her nose. After a while the pain dulls in intensity to a dull throb and ht bleeding stops.[break][break]

"Dinner first, MRI later."[break][break]

She chuckles a bit, but her attention quickly shifts when she realizes the man's attention is divided. Laughter from a nearby ramen booth ensues as people stare down at them in their plight, but Stormy remains indifferent. [break][break]

"Hey. Don't let them get you down. I'm sure they've experienced their fair share of bad luck - they're just trying to make themselves feel better. I wouldn't give them a second thought."[break][break]

But her words appear to fall on deaf ears as rage bubbles in his throat. The Rookidee on his shoulder burbles a warning, bringing him back to the present. When Atlan looks back down at her his eye's burning intensity smolders into an apology. He offers his hand in greeting but she doesn't let him go because she's using him to pull herself and him back to their feet. [break][break]

With a groan she stretches, using her free hand to gently touch her nose, wincing at the sensitivity of it. Eventually she realizes she's still squeezing Atlan's hand and she drops it awkwardly before brushing it against her shirt. But it seems Atlan is looking off and down at the Kadabra and the kid, and it's then that Stormy realizes how crazy oblivious she had been.[break][break]

"Hey wait a minute... wasn't that kid selling something else earlier today? What a crazy entrepreneur he is."[break][break]

The crease in her brow indicates she isn't buying it though and she glances at her purse again and the missing wallet. How much did she want to bet that little boy probably had an idea of where it had gone? A lot, probably.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 30, 2020 5:20:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
MAGNETIC
POKÉMON

THEME

bad day in lilycove

ASSIGNMENT

here

The manner in which she took his offer lead him to believe she was entirely pleased with the idea. And that, in itself, would have lead to a string of shameless flirting right then and there... if it hadn't been for the sight of that conniving kid with his Kadabra. Regardless, he'd at least managed to utter his name and help her back up on both feet. The rage that flickers in his mind is almost entirely snuffed out, however, when he takes note of her holding onto his hand so tightly... and not letting go.

He only regards it in brief flashes with his eyes, not wanting to take his eyes off the scoundrel and his Kadabra lest they make a run for it. Eventually, however, she releases it somewhat awkwardly. Then makes note of something that finally prompts Atlan to turn to her completely. "Wait... you've met those two? Did they cheat you out of your cash?" He looks down at her as she glances at her purse, guessing that she had, in some way, lost her money. But that's when he realizes he's taken his eyes off the devious pair for way too long.

When he finds that the spot where they had once been is empty now, he suddenly reaches down to grab her hand with his and gently pull her along. "C'mon! You're a key witness! And I can't let them get away with it!" He states, maneuvering them through the lines of people walking up and down the sidewalk.

MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON May 30, 2020 21:27:58 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

As soon as they get to their feet and she dusts herself off, it occurs to her that she should probably pay more attention to the kid and his Kadabra than the smear on her jeans. She already looked like trash, there was no sense trying to clean it up.[break][break]

She keeps her hands to herself, suddenly conscious of their brief moment of intimacy and the way he focuses on her makes her feel self-conscious and awkward. Stormy smiles a little bit, forcing the corners of her lip up into a stressed smile.[break][break]

Fortunately, Atlan changes the subject and makes it obvious that he wasn't thinking about how long they'd held hands. Instead, he brings up a reasonable question and she blinks in surprise.[break][break]

"Cheat me out of my cash? N-no.. I don't ---" she pauses as her hand presses against her purse. Suspicion blooms on her face like a rising sun. [break][break]

"Wait... I did lose my wallet but... I thought I'd dropped it."[break][break]

Atlan looks away then to find their pair of thieves had disappeared. More than likely they had overheard their discussion and had realized what sort of danger they were in. [break][break]

Before she has a chance to respond, however, the man grabs her hand and leads her after their missing thieves. They make their way past several groups of people and Stormy remains as close as she can so as to not be left behind.[break][break]

"O-okay!"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 31, 2020 2:45:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
MAGNETIC
POKÉMON

THEME

bad day in lilycove

ASSIGNMENT

here

His Rookidee flutters up from his shoulder as he pushes his way past a sudden influx of pedestrians filling the streets. A few of them curse at his unprompted rudeness, not caring why he was in a rush, or even for the stream of constant 'excuse mes' and 'sorries' that he had to offer. Apparently, karma was quickly fed up with his actions and struck back at him with a dangerously placed fruit crate that had fallen onto the sidewalk from a local grocer's fruit display. It was over this that Atlan would soon trip, collapsing in the middle of the crowd but, at the very least, cushioning Stormy's fall with his body.

The assistant blinks and blushes a little when he notes just how closely pressed together their bodies are. Even in the midst of all those people and the chase he had thrust himself upon, the moment lingers for a little longer than he would have consciously wanted. When he finally does snap out of it, however, he spares Stormy an apology in that moment and instead issues a quick command to Nemesis, who has perched herself atop the stem of a banana in one of the grocery store's outdoor fruit bins.

"Go after them! Don't get caught!" He commands, watching as the Rookidee quickly flutters away before waiting for Stormy to pull herself up and off of him. Quickly getting up afterwards, and driven so strongly by his urge to catch that swindler kid that he required no help at all, Atlan kicks the wooden fruit crate off to the side and pats the dust off of his body. "Shii— shoot," He curses beneath his breath, changing the term when he reminds himself he's in the presence of a lady: a little quirk of his, of course. "I don't know what the heck is up with my luck today, but it's been awful."
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON May 31, 2020 4:17:14 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

It appears that Atlan's Rookidee has more sense than either of them - or was simply just fortunate enough to have been born with wings. The bird takes flight above their heads as people crowd even tighter along the sidewalk. In a moment of panic, worried she might be swept away by the bumping shoulders, Stormy squeezes tight to Atlan's hand.[break][break]

But then her body is suddenly lurched forward with unseen force as her guide hits what feels like a brick wall. When he falls forward he drags her with him, and suddenly her hands are pressed to his chest and her face inches from his. However, instead of blushing like a fool, Stormy seems more focused on the boy and his Kadabra as they make their grand escape.[break][break]

In fact, she's pretty sure she had seen the psychic-type Pokemon tuck its spoon away. Had it been responsible for the stray food cart?[break][break]

Stormy pays no mind to the attention Atlan gives her, instead choosing to awkwardly fumble at the man's clothes and chest in order to push herself off of him and back to her feet. While she quickly dusts herself off, Atlan shouts a command to the bird. It flies off in hot pursuit but Stormy is itching to follow. [break][break]

"Holy shit, this guy is sneaky."[break][break]

As if upping the ante, Stormy pulls her hair back into a ponytail to keep it out of her face. Without waiting for Atlan to follow or redeem himself further, Stormy takes off after the Rookidee. She appears unwilling to waste any more time - she had figured out that their bad luck was almost certainly related to the Kadabra's obsession with bending spoons.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 31, 2020 6:39:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
MAGNETIC
POKÉMON

THEME

bad day in lilycove

ASSIGNMENT

here

There's no moment to reflect on their misfortune, which Atlan is all too happy to oblige. Without skipping a beat, the blue-eyed assistant follows right behind Stormy as she, in turn, follows his Rookidee as it flutter from perch to perch far ahead. "I don't know if I'd call the kid 'sneaky', per se. I've been seeing him a lot today. I think he's been watching me." He adds as they round a corner onto a boulevard popular for its shopping venues and outdoor mall. By the looks of his Rookidee's heading, the kid and his Kadabra entered the latter.

Unfortunately, as they head into, a security guard for the outdoor mall suddenly stops him. "I'm sorry, sir. There's no loitering here. I'm afraid you'll have to panhandle somewhere else." He firmly states behind the panel of his highly reflective glasses.

Visibly confused, Atlan tilts his head. "Wha– I wasn't– I'm not–" But it's then that he catches sight of his own disheveled reflection in the guard's sunglasses. His jacket is dirtied and scuffed. Is that... bird poop on my shoulder? His hair, once rendered wet by the fountain but now dried, is a completely frazzled mess. Furthermore, the loss of his shoe has rendered his once pristine white sock almost complete black at its sole. And given him a limp, no less.

Nemesis perches herself atop a mall clock and looks around confusedly, seemingly having lost sight of her targets. But Atlan spots them almost immediately from his vantage point. They've somehow ascended the second story of the outdoor mall quickly. And, crouched down behind black railings, the little trickster snickers at the scene below. His Kadabra stands beside him, but does nothing more than stare at them menacingly.

"Stormy, there!"
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW