awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
nights in limbo
POSTED ON May 30, 2020 3:35:36 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 the sleeping snorlax wedged between tight buildings was a common enough sighting back in kanto, and also one of the only things dominic didn't miss about saffron.

"move you fucker," he snarls, throwing his entire body weight against the pokemon for maybe the fifth time with little to no effect. he pounds at its stomach with his fist and practically feels his hand bounce back fruitlessly.

he could probably find another alleyway to get to his destination, but dominic is stubborn and although not quite inebriated, his head spins and the space behind his eyes felt like it is packed with cotton.

dominic hits the pokemon again, emitting a loud and satisfying smack.

"are you all just fine with this?" dominic hollers to no one in particular as he continues his one-man drunken assault on the snorlax.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,521 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
nights in limbo
POSTED ON May 31, 2020 8:31:40 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
Royalty is wasted on those who don't achieve definition in conflict and build their own legacy.
POKÉMON

It is a man and his companion Galarian Meowth that are the first to part from the stream of pedestrians on the sidewalk and acknowledge the drunk. Remiel Calcifet wasn't often one to pry into the affairs of others, especially when it involved the inebriated. But the sight of such a large beast lounging about in an otherwise civilized and upscale area could not go unnoticed.

As he stepped forward, holding a book against his hip that he had been reading minutes earlier at a café, Remiel was sure to come to a stop a few feet away from the drunk before regarding the Snorlax a little more closely. "... Is it bothering you?" He eventually inquiries, side-eyeing the wild-haired man. "Why don't you simply go around it?" He nonchalantly adds.

Meanwhile, the Galarian Meowth snickers at the situation before casually walking up to the Snorlax and pressing its cheek against the side of its stomach. It purrs as it closes its eyes and listens to its breathing. Remiel, for now, is unperturbed by Thorgrim's weird behavior. 
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
become as fire, eat the woods. eat the dark and show where i stood
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
nights in limbo
POSTED ON May 31, 2020 10:55:43 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic halts his assault, and for just a moment it looks like he won't react to the speaker at all. he swings around to face remiel in fluid motion, the precise, sharp movement not at all correlating to the drunken lilt of his voice.

he studies the young man in front of him, matching the dark hair and particulars of his features to the compendium of faces in his memory and after a second, dominic's head lolls backwards and he gives a humourless bark of laughter. oh wonderful, how fortunate for him! to run into rocket's precocious little sponsor!

dominic lets the peal of insults die on his tongue, and he practically feels the acid run down the back of his throat. he's still smiling when he speaks.

"it's in my way," dominic says simply, as though speaking to a child. maybe there's a gentle threat there, maybe it's his default tone. dominic himself won't be able to tell. "so i have to remove it."

he reaches down a hand and absently gives the galarian meowth a few pats on the top of his head between the ears.

"what, are ya gonna help me out, buddy?"

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,521 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
nights in limbo
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2020 16:59:29 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
Royalty is wasted on those who don't achieve definition in conflict and build their own legacy.
POKÉMON

The man's obnoxious laughter irks Remiel, even if only a little bit— though certainly not enough to offer any hint to the fact on his otherwise stony expression. But the glimmer of recognition in the drunk's eyes only seconds earlier was slightly troubling. And, though Remiel certainly didn't recognize him in any capacity, he knew moving forward he had to play his cards carefully. At least until more information was acquired.

Despite his second question going quite unanswered, and the first being responded to with a hint of contempt, the royal prince remains as nonchalant as ever as he surveys the situation further. Thorgrim, on the other hand, twists his head around sharply and slaps the hand that pets him away with a light snarl. Whether or not the man had been sneakily trying to steal his rugged and chipped black coin, the Galarian Meowth would not have his appreciation of big fat bellies interrupted.

"So instead of leaving Mauville law enforcement to handle it, you choose to be stubborn and deal with this yourself despite an alternate route being present? I see..." Remiel muses, shifting his eyes back to the man afterwards. "I suppose we can help. But it'll involve waking it up first." He looks down to Thorgrim, who has resumed cuddling with the side of the breathing belly, and catches the cat's attention with a sharp but very short whistle. "Foul Play."

With excited (somewhat maniacal) yellow eyes, the Galarian Meowth makes another wheezy and mischievous snicker before suddenly bounding off towards a nearby fire escape. It ascends it with ease, eventually disappearing through the open window of the cheap and dilapidated hotel, though seemingly entering into a hallway rather than anyone's private room.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
nights in limbo
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2020 23:23:02 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic's easy smile falters. there was a time when the bitter pinpricks he felt in his chest and along his spine would have driven him to lash out - physically, violently. the expanse between him and calcifet is tangible; one had everything given to him, and the other clawed for the scraps.

for a half-second, dominic's gaze falls to the young man's throat before flickering back up to his face.

were they in kanto, he could strike him. were they in kanto, he could throw his weight around. in hoenn, he's shackled and playing by cadis's rules. at least until they bleed this boy dry.

dominic lets the thought console him for a moment longer, barely having time to snatch his hand away from the galarian meowth. the claws still make purchase and graze the skin, though the sting is dulled and superficial. honestly, he probably would have been disappointed if the pokemon had been an entirely placid pet.

dominic vacantly nods along to calcifet, surprising himself when the faint condescension didn't irritate him more. instead he watches the galarian meowth bound off with atypical agility and reaches for the pokeballs inside his jacket.

"i would be so grateful," dominic said, flat and sounding everything but that as he balanced three capsules in long fingers. he makes a conscious effort to sound less adversarial when he continues to speak.

"my pokemon aren't trained to, ah, behave in public places or be sure i would have used them," dominic offers by way of explanation, hoping that calcifet can at least follow the inferred meaning. "they're a bit aggressive."

he studies the capsules and pockets two, releasing a weavile from a starburst of light a moment later. "but this one can play nice."

the weavile drops into a defensive stance for a moment, teeth bared in a sneer, claws at the ready and eyes searching for a target until her trainer's voice indicates that there's no need for violence. the pokemon visibly relaxes, though her torn ears twitch suspiciously in caclifet's direction.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,521 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
nights in limbo
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2020 4:45:46 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

"That sounds problematic," Remiel responds, folding the arm that holds his book across his chest and propping the other upon it as he strokes his chin. "But there's hope yet. An aggressive temperament can be honed into something useful... given a strong enough hammer to forge it." He added, narrowing his eyes upon the man for a moment.

It isn't long before the man releases his Weavile, however, and the black-haired royal's attention briefly shifts downward to evaluate it. What the man hopes to do with the Weavile at his disposal, Remiel isn't sure. But the fruit of Thorgrim's labor reveals itself almost exactly at that moment: flying out of the hotel window in the form of a flaccid hose. It makes a nosedive for the Snorlax between the two buildings before swinging sideways to clash against the wall. Shortly afterwards, the cat emerges.

"Grehehe..."

It chortles, carefully clambering out the window before using the hose to climb down the wall. Remiel, in the meantime, saunters off towards the corner of the hotel building. "I'd seek cover, if I were you."
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
nights in limbo
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 2:21:06 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 Dominic narrows his eyes but a ghost of a half-smile makes itself known. At least the man apparently shares his thought process with respect to Pokemon training, although that’s probably the only place where their views align.

He watches the Galarian Meowth’s display with a latent interest, cocking his head sideways. At Calcifet’s words he takes a few half-hearted (and perhaps less than steady) steps backwards.

"What, are you going to just spray water on it from a hose?" Dominic drawls, quirking a brow. That would be… some sort of answer, he supposes. He would prefer the direct approach - that is, beating the Snorlax into submission. Even his drink-addled brain can comprehend that drawing attention himself by viciously attacking a Pokemon in a populated area is a bad idea, so he may as well let this play out.

"Show me what you’ve got, Calcifet," Dominic says with a sigh, dropping the name intentionally to see how his counterpart reacts.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,521 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
nights in limbo
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 11:48:28 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

"It would appear that is exactly what Thorgrim intends to do." Remiel answers, leaning against the brick wall once he's reached some semblance of cover around the corner of the building. "Though I question the effectiveness of this method myself." Foul Play usually manifested in surprising and... unusual ways.

As the Galarian Meowth continues to shimmy its way down the side of the old hotel, the black-haired prince of Galar is sure to notice when his famous surname is uttered by the drunk. Though nothing more than a perpetually unfazed glance in the man's direction is spared for it. His face and his name, after all, graced tabloids and magazines across the world on the daily.

Anyone could garner that information.

But still...

Any further thought into the matter is suddenly interrupted after Thorgrim leaps onto the Snorlax's belly with the end of the hose gripped tightly in one hand. When it manages to garner some balance on the large beast, planting its feet firmly against the rhythmic inhale and exhale (accompanied by an occasionally thunderous snore), the Galarian Meowth then grips the hose with both of its paws... before pulling the metal lever on its clasp and unleashing an absolute torrent of water.

Sure enough, the jet stream splashes across the Snorlax's face at nearly point-blank range, rousing it awake almost immediately. Meanwhile, the pressure blowing out of the hose carries the Galarian Meowth holding onto it into the sky like a writhing serpent. Water crashes against windows and brick walls, but mostly it rains down from the sky as the scruffy cat cackles wildly. It manages to stubbornly hold onto the hose until it whacks him against one of the walls, causing the cat to let go and crash.

Thoroughly displeased, the Snorlax growls as it struggles to get up with great difficulty. When it seizes the flailing hose for itself, however, it manages to finally do so. Though captured in a brief stumble afterwards, once again learning to stand on both feet again, the massive beast eventually steadies itself before roaring. Then, with one powerful tug, it rips the hose away from its unseen source of water in the hotel nearby. Within moments, said hose is rendered flaccid in its tight grip...

Then it is eaten.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
nights in limbo
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 0:15:56 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 any droplets of water that threaten to hit dominic are promptly frozen in by an ICY WIND courtesy of the weavile. the flecks of ice scatter across the concrete like shards of shattered glass and dominic watches them for a long moment.

dominic only glances up when he sees the shadow of the immense snorlax tower over him. the meowth’s struggle is unfortunate - he’s fond of the species, his own perrserker having established itself in his party with more ease than expected - but idle amusement wins out over any intention to assist.

only when the poor meowth is displaced and the hose is torn out of the building does dominic actually move again. he glances over his shoulder to make eye contact with calcifet and shrugs.

"it’s damaging property, we have to- ah," he stops to ponder his choice of words. "apprehend it," dominic finally says, decisively, his gaze flickering up to see concerned faces peering down at them from the apartment’s windows. inexplicably, their concern and outright terror over a torn out hose irritated him more than would be otherwise rational. dominic finds himself glaring.

"call the cops or poke-control!" he yells at them and waits a second longer until he turns back to look at his weavile. it’s entirely unnecessary, but the pokemon needs to take out its aggression somewhere, and this is is a good opportunity to do it because there’s an excuse.

"go on, give it a few good smacks," he says to the weavile. the pokemon takes a moment to preparing, HONING CLAWS, and then lunges forward to slash at the snorlax with a flurry of METAL CLAWS. the snorlax staggers at the onslaught and belows, seeming to gag at the hose it began consuming.

only when the snorlax’s hide starts getting torn by vicious claws does dominic back away toward calcifet and return the weavile to its capsule.

"hey, nice thinking you actually woke it. sorry ‘bout the meowth," dominic says with a smirk, drawing closer. he drops his voice when he next speaks. "see you at headquarters. hope you don’t get seasick easy."

turning on his heel, dominic melds into the crowd.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,521 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
nights in limbo
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 4:15:45 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

The scruffy cat, through some stroke of luck, manages to harmlessly crash land into a pile of trash in the alley. Within moments, it gets back up as a bag of waste atop its head splits apart. The rotten brown banana peel hanging from his black coin briefly obscures his vision. Before he misses the any more of the commotion the Snorlax is making, however, Thorgrim hurriedly wipes away all the trash on him with his hands. The rotten peel, in particular, is flung against the alleyway wall.

Meanwhile, Remiel notes the shocked pedestrians nearby as the older gentleman suggests they apprehend the roaring beast. He almost smiles. "Yes. I suppose there's no way around it now, is there?" He remarks, turning his attention back to the large beast as it lurches one step forward. "Thorgrim. Ready up."

As the cat stumbles in front of its composed master, however, the older man and his Weavile suddenly take the lead. A few scratches are dealt upon the lumbering titan. And that, it appears, is the extent of their help with the matter before the Weavile is recalled and the man disappears in the crowd. Unamused, Remiel waves him away. "I don't know what you mean, but farewell." He replies, briefly eyeing the pedestrians gathering there. None of them seemed to have taken notice of the word 'headquarters' anyway, given the raging Snorlax in the alleyway. But caution was always a virtue the dark-haired prince endeavored to practice.

Turning back to the dilemma in hand, his mind began to weave an adequate cover story while his hands and his voice handled the danger presently in front of him. "Taunt," He ordered, prompting the Galarian Meowth to snicker as it bounced forward to do so. They would lead the Snorlax into an empty courtyard down the block until the authorities arrived to detain it. And, though he didn't much care for it, Remiel would play hero as he urged the pedestrians to make way and find safety.

F I N
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW