Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Sap [Closed]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2020 0:46:01 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Lucas sat at his office desk reviewing the stack of papers from the tree sap's initial lab tests. Some pages he skims briefly while others he skips entirely. When he reaches the end of the packet he turns to his computer screen and begins responding to works emails as he waits for 's arrival.

The door to the head scientist's office is left ajar for the woman. When she enters she'll find a clean and organized office. Bookshelves line the wall to her right and plants dot the window sills. On the wall behind Lucas hang three masks that resemble a yamask's.
[break]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Sap [Closed]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2020 21:44:37 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illiepost"]
[attr="class","illieicon"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]"knock, knock" she murmurs with a light tap of knuckles against the ajar door. his office is pleasant, almost comforting even. free of clutter and decorated with touches of greenery and artifacts. it's funny, she had never given his work space more than a passing glance before but if she had imagined it further, this is exactly what her mind would supply. calm and collected, perhaps a reflection of himself even.

her smile is shy, her steps timid. the room is welcoming, sure, but she hasn't fully come face to face with him before. it's a little intimidating if she's being honest. perhaps that's why she tries to make idle conversation instead of cutting right to the chase, offering small pleasantries before diving into the reports on the desk. "how're you doing today?" right, she's bad at this...

awkwardly clearing her throat, she tucks a strand of hair behind her ear and half gestures toward the papers. "are those the analysis reports?" illeana lets out a soft chuckle, fidgeting in place. her smile grows slightly. "you're quick!"

[attr="class","illietag"]
[attr="class","illiepoke"]

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color:#E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illiepoke] width:300px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Sap [Closed]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2020 4:09:26 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

As the door squeaks open Lucas takes his eyes off the computer screen for a moment. "Come on in Illeana. I'll just be a moment, just wrapping up an email." He turns his attention back to the computer screen and types away at the keyboard. It takes him a few seconds to wrap up his sentence and hit send.

"I'm doing well, and yourself?" Lucas asks as he locks his computer and taps the monitor's power button.

"Yeah they are. Complements go to the folks downstairs though. I was hands off for the most part." Lucas pushes the stapled papers across his desk to give Illeana an opportunity to read them. "I heard you were the one to get the sap sample among all the chaos. Took a lot of courage to do that. I'm sure it wasn't easy."
[break]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Sap [Closed]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2020 22:02:07 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]she nods a little too eagerly and with a faint flush, steps a little closer. the tapping of keys fills the spaces of the room. it gives her the opportunity to stare a bit longer at the masks behind him. they look familiar... yamask maybe? although, she's not familiar enough with the creature to be confident. his voice drags her eyes back into focus.

"i'm glad to hear that," she murmurs. her lips curl further into the smile. "i'm doing okay, thank you for asking!" better than before, at least. her body is still healing, processing, reliving, but that's not important for this meeting.

illeana draws up to the other side of his desk as he pushes the papers closer for her to see. "really?" an eyebrow rises while her hands gingerly lift reports up. each one is given a careful glance, although some cause her to pause and linger on the contents of the pages longer than others. once she's satisfied, she settles them back onto his desk in an attempted neat stack. they might be out of order but... they look put together. "they're incredible down there, huh? always working so hard." do they ever get a break? or are they as dedicated to their jobs as the rest? her cheeks radiate heat as he continues, eyes darting to the side of the room. suddenly, the plants on the window sills are so interesting. "i was," she sighs. "it -- it definitely wasn't easy. if i'm being honest, it's all a blur now. i don't quite remember the exact details but i had sap on my face for hours." a laugh and then another sigh follow. "hopefully the sample was worth the sacrifices, though!" her thigh aches slightly as soon as the words leave her mouth. somehow, her heart aches more.

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Sap [Closed]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2020 2:57:19 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

"Sure are" Lucas chimes in complimenting his colleagues.

"Oh I'm sure it'll prove worth while. Though the poison and uh" Lucas sighs for a moment "other things in it will slow down research." He dances around mentioning what else is mixed in for a moment.

"Now there are some concerns about the sample," Lucas says after a brief pause. "There was some saliva found mixed in with the it. Do you know anything how it got there?" The scientist pauses again. "I only ask since you were the one to retrieve it."
[break]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Sap [Closed]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2020 16:31:43 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]her head tilts with the weight of facts he exposes. poison and... other things? the poison she understands but what else could be in the sample? "are we able to separate the poison from the sample?" or is that beyond their scientific reach? they could dilute it but... would that end up destroying the sample in the long run? her mind tries to supply solutions but it always seems to fall short.

illeana fidgets slightly in the gap between sentences. the pause has a slight uncomfortable air that has her lingering in uncertainty. he's her colleague, there's no need to be nervous. and yet, it increases further when words fill the void. "concerns?" an eyebrow raises and she opens her mouth to ask further but it isn't her voice that comes out. instead, it's his and she has an expression of surprise a moment later. "wait, saliva was found in the sample?"

it's fuzzy when she looks back on it. hazy and filled with a blur of shadows and bright colors. pain and sluggishness fill the empty spaces left between blue and green until it all blends together in one fog. "has the dna in the saliva been analyzed?" part of her has an inkling but... confirmation might be needed to put pieces into their rightful place. her voice is softer when it comes next, as if she doesn't want to admit what she's thinking. she does, anyway, because this is a safe place. he's safe, he's not going to judge her... right? "i -- i think i might have sucked up the sap to put it in the vial." heat blossoms across her cheeks upon admitting what she's done but speaking further only deepens the color. "if that's the case, then that's probably my saliva in the sample. i'm sorry i -- i'd like to blame it on the poison but it seemed logical at the time." logical to suck sap into a vial? no, definitely not. more lewd than anything, totally unbecoming of her.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Sap [Closed]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2020 19:35:21 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

"Only time will tell. But" Lucas lingers on the word for a moment. "Things do look promising though." He gives the woman a false reassurance.

"Saliva was found in the sample." Lucas repeats himself for his colleague. "A rather generous amount too it seems." His face is solemn as he spoke.

"What made it seem logical at the time Illeana? Because you knowingly contaminated the sample and ingested a potentially hazardous substance." Lucas remains monotone as he spoke despite the severity of Illeana's actions. He'd long since made peace with the sample's impurities. "You're not an intern anymore. You can't be doing these sort of things."
[break]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Sap [Closed]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2020 21:22:48 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]momentary relief floods her system and she's breathing out a soft sigh. things look promising. that's the best they can hope for, right? otherwise, she basically threw their progress into a trash can and set it on fire...

it seems, however, that she's not out of the woods. instead, she's right in the thick of the forest with no way out. her body stills at the reiteration of the contents of the sample. copious amounts of saliva. enough to ruin the analysis? perhaps. enough to strip her of her title? god, hopefully not. while he's solemn and stoic, she's flustered and nervous. her cheeks begin to heat with embarrassment and her hand rises to tuck and untuck the same strand of hair behind her ear. it goes on for several minutes while he speaks, even quickening at one point.

"i," she attempts to start and it falls flat. nothing comes out. instead, she's squeaking slightly and shifting to bow at the waist. "i'm really sorry." apologies wouldn't change that she, who is supposed to possess enough brain cells to hold such a position, had not a single one during the process of collecting sap. when she rights herself, she almost looks close to tears. "i was only thinking about getting the sap and getting out of there. my hands weren't working well enough for me to be confident that i'd succeed." between the haze of poison in her body and the imminent explosion, she had used every option at her disposal. in hindsight, she should have thought of the gravity of her actions but it seems she needs to be reminded of such things constantly. (who even let her out of the house? she needs an adult always.) her expression settles into one of remorse as her gaze drops to the floor. "i'm sorry. it won't happen again."

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Sap [Closed]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 1:08:06 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

"It's alright, just make sure it doesn't happen again." Lucas flashes a small smile.

The scientist would dig deeper if Illeana weren't at risk of breaking down at his desk. He knew it'd sour their work relationship if she did.

"While we're here why don't you brief me a bit about your shiny research? How's that been going?" Lucas learns forward with hands on the desk as he changes topics.
[break]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Sap [Closed]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 20:44:42 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]she's eager to nod, eager to agree. "of course," she blurts out, flushing a moment later. "it won't." she wants to promise that it won't but sometimes, the thing about promises is that they always end up broken. and so, she holds off on it, instead offering a soft smile.

lucas shifts topics easily, both to her surprise and delight. it's one thing to have the league interested in her work but her esteemed colleague? someone pinch her. "well! really well, actually," she giggles, fiddling with her hair absentmindedly. surprisingly, she's actually been making progress on the front of unlocking the secrets behind shiny forms. enough progress to feel confident in disclosing such advancements with him without feeling as though she's a child in a lab coat. "from the samples i've managed to collect, it looks like a mutation in the color genes. of course i'll have to run further tests to be completely sure but so far each sample has the same change." perhaps with enough tests run, enough samples compared and analyzed, she'll be able to call him to her office one day to hand him her breakthrough. that day, unfortunately, isn't today but soon if she's lucky.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Sap [Closed]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 0:07:25 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

"Really? That's great to hear."

Lucas gives Illeana praise where praise is due. Despite her recent failings she still had some redeeming qualities to her.

Despite chastising her only moments ago Lucas is quick to lend a hand with Illeana's budding research. "Well if more samples is an issue I can help you with that." Lucas leans back in his chair. "I have three. No, two shiny pokemon you can extract samples from. And if need be I could always ask some friends I know if they have any. Like , he probably has a few lying around."
[break]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Sap [Closed]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 17:30:14 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]praise is something she's not used to, not familiar with enough to actually know how to act in the face of it. and so, her cheeks shift into a darker shade of pink and she's flashing a shy smile. words seem to fail her, however, and she's left sitting in silence for a moment too long.

and then, the silent spell is broken with the quickness of lending a hand. she stiffens slightly at the thought because oh god, it would be selfish of her to impose on him like that, right? but... he is offering... no, no, she shouldn't take advantage of kindness. "oh, no, it's okay!" her giggle is slightly awkward and she shifts into a kinder smile than a shy one with a bob of her head. "i really appreciate the offer but i'd feel awful about bothering you with helping me out! you're a busy man, after all." and really, she is a busy woman but the playing field isn't level enough for her to feel confident in understanding just how much he has on his plate. the mention of causes her fluster to cement itself further into her body, heat barely contained in the skin of her cheeks. "i'd really hate to impose on you, let alone mister silph..."

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Sap [Closed]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 19:07:51 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

"Oh it's no trouble at all. I can just bring the pokeballs in with me to work." Lucas is insistent on helping Illeana. It would take little effort on his part and not affect his work in the slightest.

"Have you ever talked to him before? would jump at the chance to help the League." Lucas pauses for a moment. "Here, you know what?" He reaches under his monitor for a sticky note and a pencil. "Here's his email," he says as he writes the councilman's league email on the sticky note.

"I think you should really reach out. What do you have to lose right?"

Lucas holds out the sticky note for Illeana to take.
[break]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Sap [Closed]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 22:31:35 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]"oh! um, okay!" hesitation comes a moment later, almost like an afterthought too insistent to ignore. "if you're sure, that is." double checking, triple checking. she doesn't want to impose, doesn't want to burden him with assisting her because she should be capable of this sort of thing herself and yet... she isn't. not yet.

she flushes because yes, she has but there lies the problem. is intimidating, incredibly so. how exactly does she even approach asking him for samples of his pokemon? is that such a thing she can just casually bring up? she can already imagine the conversation now... hey, you come here often? nice pokemon, lemme look. oh god, no no no she's already made a fool of herself and that'd only make it worse. "i have," she murmurs and it's meek, soft. "i interned under him with silph. co. but that was a while ago."

and then, lucas is fumbling beneath his computer and scribbling onto a post-it only to extend it to her a moment later. fernando's email lays on the surface in pencil and she's staring at it as if a sticky note could possibly have six heads.

"i -- are you sure?" more hesitation comes in the form of indecision. it'd be rude to not accept but... well, her mind can think of many things to lose. all of them nothing more than products of insecurity and doubt but still just as concrete.

her hand rises after too many moments pass between them, between him extending the note and her staring. a soft "thank you. i will," is whispered before she silences herself again.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Sap [Closed]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 22:51:21 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

"Oh of course you have, how could I forget," Lucas responds in a cheerful manner at his small mistake.

"Of course. The worst he can say is no right? As long as you didn't burn any bridges when you left he'll likely say yes.'" Lucas smiles gently when Illeana finally takes the sticky note from him. "You didn't burn any bridges, right?" He quickly adds and looks at Illeana expectantly.
[break]