snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Sap [Closed]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 23:07:13 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illiepost"]
[attr="class","illieicon"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]oh... oh no. she hadn't meant to correct him. the thought has her fidgeting, quick to wave off any mistake with the fan of her hand. "it's okay! an easy thing to forget, really," an awkward laugh follows. "i didn't do anything of recognition during that time, anyway."

right, the worst he can say is no and perhaps that's the whole problem behind asking. the sting of rejection, of getting hopes up just to have them dashed. she smiles despite that with a small dip of her head. "yes, that's true," she hums. and really, it's probable anyway but... he could be right that there technically is no harm in reaching out anyway. hours after this meeting, she'll smack her face into her desk over a half written email addressed to the councilman himself. but for now, she's quickly fumbling over herself to deny souring a professional relationship. "no, no! no bridges burned. at least," she pauses to consider. "i don't think so, anyway." well, unless you count this whole littleroot situation or failing whatever expectations he had of her. yeah, no bridges burnt yet.

[attr="class","illietag"]
[attr="class","illiepoke"]

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color:#E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illiepoke] width:300px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Sap [Closed]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 23:30:06 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Lucas looks at Illeana quizzically when she shows signs of doubt.

"Perfect, then there's nothing to worry about."

He moves on from the subject quickly. He had no intent of prodding her work history any further.

"Now then, what day and time would work best for me to bring in the pokemon? I don't plan on being here during weekends just so you know. Trying to practice some work life balance finally. But I'm in from seven thirty-ish till," Lucas pauses for a moment to think. "Till pretty late. Usually here till around six or seven."
[break]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Sap [Closed]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 23:39:07 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]while the quizzical look gives her tiny bouts of nervousness, the topic is all but dropped and shifted away after one last feeding of mild reassurance from lucas. he steers the conversation away and back to the task of helping her with her research.

what time would work best? hm... a finger rises to tap gently at her bottom lip as if different options have been laid out in front of her and she's having difficulty choosing. she wants to be mindful of his schedule, of the various projects he already has on his plate. "any time that works best for you," she decides on after a brief silence on her end. "you're doing me a favor so any free time you have, you can stop by and drop them off." of course, she'll worry over keeping them in her possession for too long and try to collect the samples as quickly as possible but that's to be expected. "i'll make sure to return them to you before the day ends." and then hole herself up in the lab for a weekend just to pour herself into processing and analyzing the samples he generously provides.

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Sap [Closed]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 1:04:11 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

"Any time? Okay so," Lucas lingers on the word as he thinks. "What about tomorrow at eight am? I'll just be here answering my emails around then." Much later than that and he'd be busy at work, but that went without saying. Lucas trusts she'll be punctual.

"No need to rush. If you need them for longer just let me know."

The pair of pokemon would be hardly missed. Lucas couldn't even recall the last time he'd let them get a breath of fresh air.

"Now if that's all sorted is there anything else you'd like to talk about while we're here?"
[break]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Sap [Closed]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 19:24:36 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]eight am, just early enough for them to have spare time in the morning before dissolving into their own work. her smile is bright as she happily agrees with a nod. "sounds perfect!" a mental note is made to head for his office first thing tomorrow morning, just before snagging her usual cup of coffee.

"okay," she murmurs, although realistically she knows she'll rush anyway. if only to not forget or get too distracted by the samples she'll be gathering... "is there a specific time frame i could return them in? i wouldn't want to interrupt you while you're busy."

a hum escapes as she ponders the question. is there anything else she needs from him? probably but she's afraid to take up much more of his time. and so, she shakes her head, smile clinging to her lips despite the movement. "no, i think that's everything!" a pause follows before her head tilts slightly to one side, an eyebrow rising. "is there anything else you'd like to discuss?"

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Sap [Closed]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 6:09:00 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Lucas ponders Illeana's question for a moment. It was a tough one for the senior head scientist since his days were never consistent.

"What about eight am whenever you finish with them?" He picks the most consistent time he was in office. "Or if he's hired by then you can leave them with . He'll be my new assistant for the summer."

"Ah," Lucas thinks for a moment as Illeana turns his question back at him. "No I don't think so. That's everything for today." Lucas reaches out and turns on his monitor to continue where he left off when Illeana arrived.
[break]

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
Sap [Closed]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 21:35:12 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]thread complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 20 pokedollars & 2 infamy.
[break]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Sap [Closed]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 5:10:42 GMT
shiv Avatar

conclusion:

and will eventually be able to discover that the sap has regenerative properties. direct application on dead tissue produces some effects, but the scientists find that when the sap is refined and added to soil, the effect is made more potent. like the mythical mulch of swamp healing, whatever is planted in the soil either grows incredibly fast— or comes back to life.[break][break]

dead plants planted in the soil come back to life. infant rattata too, should the scientists try testing on pokemon. nevertheless, the two develop 5 batches of "blue mulch" (image found below).[break][break]

to use blue mulch, a character must "plant" their dead pokemon in a free garden plot. after 1 week, the pokemon will resurrect itself. and can take how whatever amount they want from the 5 blue mulch bags; however, they are allowed to dispense the rest to whoever they please.[break][break]

would eventually be notified of what has been discovered, for he was able to provide some samples of the sap as well.