Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Starvation Tatics [M/O]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2020 22:55:07 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","league"]

Perhaps Kaida should consider she was incapable of doing nothing, even when she was given nothing to do. This challenge for trainers had popped up recently and, after her attempts at a vacation, she had decided to sign up...what better way to waste some of her time? She only hoped whoever her partner was for this challenge was competent. [break][break]

She hadn't known what island she was going to be stranded on, so she brought two Pokemon only, Ormr and Silk. Both were smaller Pokemon, unlike the likes of a Krookodile or Onix, and were both Pokemon that didn't feel the need to feed often. In all honesty, even if this small team found nothing but water, they would live as long as Kaida didn't move often. It wouldn't be pleasant in such a worst-case scenario, but they'd survive. [break][break]

It was hot, very unpleasant, and Kaida narrowed her eyes in the sunlight. Enough vegetation to suggest life of all kinds could survive here, but she doubted it would be peaceful to human invaders. A challenge to survive, but they'd make it. She looked down the shore, aware her partner had arrived, and wondering who it might be.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Kaida. Deserted Island mission!

[attr="class","tag"]@open

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
History repeats itself—first as a tragedy, then as a farce
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
Starvation Tatics [M/O]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 8:43:45 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar

Rather than volunteering for this deserted island challenge, Valerio—or perhaps his younger, sexier, more public, more charming counterpart, Jonathan Aquil—was invited by segment producers to take part in this ludicrous stunt of survival. As a rocket member, money was especially hard for someone like Valerio who just rose from gruntship to being an associate especially after the change-of-leadership fiasco from before. As a league trainer under the guise of Jonathan, however, he was able to clinch gigs like this that surely made ends meet.

All he needed was to say “yes.”

And so when it was his time to arrive at the lifeless island tens of miles away from the nearest civilization in Pacifidlog, he welcomed a snow-haired lady with nothing but his trunks and his partners, Lisa the Alolan exeggutor and Naya the kingdra.

“Hey there!” He called, lips curving to a vibrant smile. “I’m your partner here, I’m Jonathan.”

And then his smile turned with curious curvature. “Wait, are you the Kaida Adachi? The one who returned from the dead?”

NAIA (KINGDRA) is idle.
LISSA (A. EXEGGUTOR) is idle.
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Starvation Tatics [M/O]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 18:41:53 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Maybe she overestimated how serious someone would be about a week-long survival. [break][break]

Kaida frowned as she looked over her partner, dressed only in trunks. Sunburn galore unless she kept him in a cave, she supposed. Fine. This could still work, if he knew well enough to listen, "Hello Jonathan, I-" and he beat her to the punch, her jaws clenching as he brought up her death. "Yes. I am Kaida." Her speech only more stilted, she tried to cut off that particular subject quickly. Wasn't a rest supposed to be when you didn't have to worry about things? That probably wasn't happening with this particular partner. [break][break]

Regardless, the sun beat down relentlessly, and they couldn't chat forever. If anything, they needed to find shelter. Water and food could come naturally after. "We have to go. I don't want to have to fight a Pokemon for a place to rest, least of all in the dark. Don't talk loud." She added the end part hurriedly, not knowing if that was common sense or not. As she walked, she released Ormr, the Ekans wrapping around her neck, "Tell me if a smell is too strong." She whispered, heading towards the shade of the island, aware that dangers lurked in the more comfortable of areas.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
Starvation Tatics [M/O]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 19:20:18 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar

The frown was already visible from Jonathan’s position who just landed from the speedboat that brought him to the ghost island. His exeggutor is safe in a ball in his inner pocket, a perk from his trunks that his partner may find crude despite being clever while the kingdra emerged from the waters in a television-worthy fashion. Seconds after he mentioned the lady’s monicker, which Kaida failed to acknowledge, perhaps intentionally, he realized how iffy she was with the subject and proceeded with the first things in her survival guide list.

“Aye, aye, cap.” The man responded with full voice. Kaida should know by now that she had a difficult partner to deal with—Jonathan, or at least the person beneath the facade, is a person that is hard to contain. “So you’re afraid of the dark? Is that what feels like... you know... after that?”

There was no need to mention it explicitly because he understood what those eyes from the shore meant: the experience was not at all exciting. But Valerio could not help but be curious because despite the fulfillment he had competing that day in the beauty contest, it seemed like the operation below ground was more action-filled and exciting. Rockets could fill him in with the intriguing details, but the initial strangeness with the older rocket seemed to hinder him from attaining meaningful friendships.

Kaida whisphered.

Jonathan heard it but he was not sure if she was talking to him or the ekans. But he definitely smelled something. “That smelled foul and toxic. Are there skuntanks on this island?”

NAIA (KINDRA) is idle.
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Starvation Tatics [M/O]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 21:32:06 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Briefly, Kaida thought the agreement would lead to helpful conversation or, barring that, silence. That wasn't the case. She wanted to snarl out her answers, but in the wilderness, kept her voice low. It might help, even if her partner wasn't doing the same. "Not afraid, my Pokemon are fine in the dark, but I want to be able to see any dangers...you don't see anything when you die." She greatly regretted providing more ammunition for her partner, but felt the need to correct it. Death had felt like being unconscious to her, waking up with no knowledge of being dead. She hoped her partner didn't expect something exciting, because she had no memory of anything else. [break][break]

She perked up as he claimed to smell something, prompting Ormr to raise up his head, tongue flicking frantically, "I don't know. Ormr, is it coming?" An island as wild as this, it was completely possible some territorial Pokemon decided to deal with them right now.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Starvation Tatics [M/O]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 4:47:16 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.gardenBG]--gardenColor:#65C498[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","gardenBG"]
[attr="class","gardenHead"]
garbodor

has attacked

[attr="class","gardenCut"]
[attr="class","gardenCutIn"]
[attr="class","gardenCutBG"]

[attr="class","gardenIMG"]

[attr="class","gardenText"]

[attr="class","gardenStats"]
stats

female - stench[break]
gunk shot / sludge bomb / acid spray[break]poison gas / explosion / body slam

A MEGA GARBODOR, mutated and gargantuan in size emerges from the jungle of the island. it in its crawling wake, sludge suffocates the foliage underneath it. garbage that had drifted from the mainland to this island seem to have amassed by the garbodor's expanding body. this pokemon seems territorial...

[attr="class","gardenTag"]

& [break]
what will you do?

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
Starvation Tatics [M/O]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 9:55:12 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar

For reasons, he knew Kaida was telling the truth. Valerio also knew how it felt to die, or at least, almost. This was the case after the failed Johto invasion and the days that lingered after trying to deal with the genocide of his original dragon herd.

Now he needed to start a new one.

“Yeah, I think it is.” Jonathan answered her question for her snake as the gargantuan garbodor, about 25 feet tall, towered over them with the suffocating stench probably worse than a skuntank’s odor. “At least not a skunk.”

Like a trained ranger, the man rolled beneath a larger bush to take cover and hurled a ball to summon his exeggutor from his trunks. Its tropical appearance made it extremely helpful to camouflage from the raging pile of garbage. “Let’s get this over with. We don’t want you dying a second time. Heh, get it?”

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Starvation Tatics [M/O]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 20:08:28 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Not a skunk, "It's worse!" Kaida barked, shuffling backwards and holding her breath. Even the poisonous serpent on her neck found it hard to breathe through the stench coming from the monster. She didn't want to lead this thing on a chase...the jungle could recover, if they defeated it. Only two Pokemon, a strange partner, and a strange enemy...Kaida wondered when this became a mission, a mandatory hunt for her. She didn't mind, even an island in the middle of nowhere deserved to not be poisoned by a Pokemon like this. Driving it away was not an option, they would need to destroy it or catch it...for the island, or at least so they could survive a week here. [break][break]

As if he heard her thoughts, Ormr's eyes flashed a dull yellow in a Glare. Just a few seconds, which were enough to release Silk, who took one look at the monstrosity and Dug.. As the paralysis was broken, Kaida retreated into the jungle, aware that the poison-type could likely fire at them in the open. Just a simple Body Slam parted the trees, the Garbador seemingly locking onto the humans. [break][break]

"Rrrggh!" Kaida held her tongue at Jonathan's words, managing to snarl out, "Attack it! Silk will get it!" She didn't want the Sandaconda to be attacked once he broke through the ground.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
Starvation Tatics [M/O]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 3:22:37 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar

“For someone who already died the first time, you’re still too stern.” Jonathan shouted as he managed to get a little closer to the garbodor, each stride met with difficulty for the stench got stronger and fatal.

While the giga garbodor remained distracted with its human preys, Lissa began her plan of action. Like a keckleon concealing itself with the lush environment, each of its head conjured a purple orb of PSYSHOCK directed at the gargantuan enemy. It was super effective, Jonathan noted, but not enough to prevent it from doing further damage.

“Oh no, no, no. Not again.” POISON GAS was released from its mouth, the foul smell enveloped the entire jungle once again with venomous hint. For sure, his exeggutor will now be poisoned of the fumes but Jonathan knew it would not give up the fight.

Calling his kingdra once more, the dragon-type summoned rain into the jungle with a (RAIN) DANCE, hoping to dissipate the poison that lingered in the atmosphere.

“Before we die here, can you at least tell me the secret how to return back to life?”

LISSA (A. EXEGGUTOR) uses PSYSHOCK.
NAIS (KINGDRA) used RAIN DANCE.
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Starvation Tatics [M/O]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 19:51:42 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"There's no secret! I was lucky!" She couldn't say it was the tree, that sounded foolish, and she was partially convinced it was luck. Why didn't the tree revive the Pokemon then? Maybe it just chose two random people, it was dying, after all. [break][break]

The Rain Dance pounded against the floor, kicking up dirt alongside the poisonous gas. Whether it was helping, she couldn't tell, Ekans couldn't be poisoned, after all. She weighed her options in a second, and decided Silk would be released. If he was poisoned...well, they'd deal with it their week here, but the only way for that to happen was not dying right now. [break][break]

The sand serpent burst forth and, smelling the poison in the air, immediately used Dig, plunging into the soft soil. "Keep it busy, Silk will hit it hard!" At that moment, she leapt out of her hiding spot, a Sludge Bomb smashing against a tree and withering it instantly. Ormr reared up, spitting an Acid Spray at the trash Pokemon, which seemingly hit harmlessly. It melted through some of the trash covering the giant, an invitation to hit it harder.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
Starvation Tatics [M/O]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2020 3:23:58 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar

Kaida lashing out earned Jonathan a sneer. He was playful, like his usual self, and that was enough to establish what kind of character he actually is. “Well, can you share your luck, then?”

The exeggutor, though suffering from the poison, began another PSYSHOCK to defeat the target. Kingdra, on the other hand, swifted through the rain it summoned and launched DRACO METEOR towards its opponent. The attempts to destabilize the creature was starting to make sense as they saw how its parts tumbled to the ground.

“I’ll try something!” He shouted at his company. It was lucky he sneaked a ball inside his trunks. He thought the producers would not know. “Why destroy it when you can earn it, right?”

After this, there will be a few more days till they complete the deserted island challenge. Kaida will just have to endure his pain-in-the-ass partner and his quirks.

LISSA (A. EXEGGUTOR) uses PSYSHOCK.
NAIS (KINGDRA) used DRACO METEOR.
VALERIO attempted to CATCH it.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Starvation Tatics [M/O]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2020 0:07:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]both of you receive the following: 75 poke, 5 infamy, 1x sparkling dust, 1x rainbow shard, garbodor (valerio).[break]
as a note, the garbodor will remain in its mega form for 3 posts.
[break]