6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
red solo cup [m]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2020 4:10:38 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
all of his mightyena were in costume, wearing black glasses along with a dress shirt collar collar with a communication device embedded on it for instructions. kyle knows he'd regret not taking out the microphone on them, but it's too much of a hassle to fix and kyle doesn't really want to expend extra effort beyond what he already did.

kyle stands by the backroom entrance with one of his mightyena and fernando. the rest of the dogs were scattered around the vicinity, partnering up with another of the venue's guards. unlike the fancy and formal outfit that his mightyena donned, kyle was seemingly out of place with them with his casual attire.

with a cup of soda, kyle takes a swig and then turns to the councilman beside him. "oh yeah, i meant to ask. are you here for the free show too?"

fight matches weren't really his favorite thing, but he somehow has to gain an interest in them if noah keeps on being a fan. too lazy to research on which people should he watch, kyle insisted on just taking the job voluntarily to let fate decide on a good match.

unfortunately, it doesn't seem he can watch the fight at all.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
red solo cup [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 1:54:05 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"No. The only fighter I was ever interested in watching was @nash . We sponsored her after all."

Fernando runs his hands over his empty pokeballs while watching the announcer step onto the stage. His pokemon are already deployed and well hidden. The very ones that used to serve as his own entourage were now set to protect someone else.

"But apparently this fighter is really popular. Came all the way from Unova."

The music shifts into the standard theme music for the televised opener and a camera man circles the ring, filming the announcer.

"WHO'S YOU'RE FAVORITE MEMBER OF BIG BANG?!"

The crowd goes wild at the catch phrase. There are many fighters who participate within the famous fight club but only one has that much drawing power.

"IT'SSSSS TAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEE!!!"

Women scream. Men panic and feel the sensation of someone touching their leg. The announcer draws out the answer in a long scream and everyone goes ecstatic. The arena is electrified by their ferver.

"HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONGIEEEEEE!!!!"

Taehoongie has yet to make an appearance but the effect he has makes , arguably the most popular and well liked figure in Hoenn, look like dogshit in comparison. Fortunately, Kyle wouldn't need a doggy bag for this one.

"TAE I LOVE YOU! THIS COULD DEFF BE US!"

Fernando can feel his face contort at the sight of a silver haired fan parading a large poster depicting an erotic graphic of the himself along with the renown fighter. Suddenly, he's glad that he has no real fans.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
red solo cup [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 17:08:21 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the feeling was mutual between kyle and fernando, although kyle at least has the posters of noah to ready himself for this. unfortunately, it wasn't enough to water down the cringe as kyle busies himself with a long sip of his soda.

"ooh, what about this one? do you know where he's from?"

kyle's words had coincided with the announcer's, and by the time he finishes, the introduction has finished. his opponent appears from the other side, and as soon as he appears, an equally loud cheering as his opponent would blare all over the stadium. both were popular, it seems, and kyle still does not know either.

the announcer revs up as he hypes up the crowd with the other fighter's catchphrase.

"GOOOOOOOD MORNING..."

the phrase hasn't exactly finished yet, but the crowd grows wild. men start to take off their shirt and waving it above their heads while women would attempt to push beyond the barricade, shrilling with the highest pitched scream as they can muster.

"SHEEV-KOON!"

kyle turns his head, watching fernando's expression change this time around.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
red solo cup [m]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 22:01:47 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "No idea. Almia?"

They should have brought earplugs. Fernando can barely handle the intensity of the cheer as the crowd starts to surge. There's just too many of them, all of them vying for their idol's attention, screaming his name while making clingy facial expressions. He's never seen such activity. Despite how exciting other sporting events had been, never have they reached the intensity and pro-activeness these fans had with drooling over either fighter.

The issue is that they're too boisterous. Considering the popularity and appeal that Taehoognie and Sheev-koon had, almost equal at the surface level, this high profile match brought out the worse in people. The barricades start to rock as many of the fans start to throw themselves at the helm, trying to climb over the railings and sneak onto the ring to touch their greatest fantasy.

"We should step in."

And no sooner than Fernando mentions it, one of the stands breaks. They face a potential horde of zombified adults, all eager for a piece of their favorite Pokefighter.

To be fair, Taehoongie was pretty thiccc.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
red solo cup [m]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 5:49:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
both taehoongie and sheev-koon were pretty boys, but if he had to choose between one of them, kyle would root for taehoongie. he was pretty thicc to be fair.

kyle puts on a pair of sunglassses and a beanie before putting on a lanyard that identified him as security personnel. he had been crowd control before when he still worked for the slateport police department, and he didn't like the job one bit. at least he gets to watch the show for free.

"don't worry. i got this."

kyle walks ahead and goes out of the backroom and into the front lines, mightyena on tow. he whispers a command at the dark-type just as they reach the rioting fans. barks and growls then threaten them to conducting themselves properly when he approaches them with his pokemon.

with most personnel being deployed to defuse the situation with the fans, however, it leaves little to secure the rest of the venue.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
red solo cup [m]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 8:01:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Security is in place for more than just to ensure the fighter's safety. They're streaming live on pay-per-view, which means there's a schedule to adhere to. While Kyle's Mightyenas suppress the crowd for now, that only lasts until the match actually starts.

"Mienshao!"

Sheev-koon starts off with rapid strike, looking to find an opening between Taehoongie's thiccc cheeks, and the fan die in place. "His voice is so nice," one of them remarks, pissing herself from holding her place in the stand for too long, before collapsing in her own defeat.

It's a bit weird, yes, but ultimately harmless. At least until a small EXPLOSION sounds off near backstage. The locker rooms that both fighters have reserved, as well as Fernando's breakroom, quiver at the impact. Fernando immediately rushes to the scene, trying to find the source of the attack.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
red solo cup [m]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 17:33:40 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the cheering has muted the sound of the explosion from the main stadium. it was only from the panic within the security's comms that kyle managed to know the occurrence of what may be a breach.

he places a finger on his ear, pushing the device further in to get a clearer input. "wait, what happened? should i come?"

what kyle thought to be a free show turned out to just be a job in the end. he doesn't get to watch anything as panic starts to brew for security. besides the investigation of the explosion, they still have to deal with rabid fans.

"punch him in the face! and that's on domestic violence!" one fan shouts.

they start to crowd again as the action starts, wanting to take close up pictures of their idol with their bruised, bloodied pretty boy faces. kyle gets his mightyena to come at them once more, snarling for them to stay behind the line.

"what's the status report?"
he asks on the radio.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
red solo cup [m]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 8:04:37 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Negative. Everything's clear. Not sure what it was—"

Kyle never hears the end of that sentence. Another rumble leaks from Fernando's mic and it cuts to static. The suspense only lasts for a moment before Fernando's calling for Kyle's confirmation. "Lopez, we have a situation."

Another conversation is happening in the background. The uniformity of the yelling suggest that the situation's under control but the radio silence proves that it's arguably not.

"The venue called in additional security to back us up. Rather, to back me up. Someone reported seeing me. Said that something bad was bound to happen because I only make an appearance when shit goes down."

A weary sigh is the most Fernando can muster.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
red solo cup [m]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 5:46:16 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle proceeds to furiously scratch his head upon hearing what fernando has to tell. the weird behavior takes the attention away from the fighters for a while, with the nearby rioters watching him.

"oh, shit, you're right! argh, how could i miss this important detail?!"

fernando being in the premise of the building suggested that rocket would be present. kyle didn't like security being compromised by fernando being basically an absol avatar. tapu fini who?

"i hope you don't mind me bringing my mightyena scattered around the vicinity to my location, ferny. good luck finding rockets! you brought them here after all."

on a different radio, one that connects to speakers directly attached to his pokemon's collar, he relays a command to converge to his current position. from different exits, the canines come to the center stage, and after finding what one mightyena has been doing for a while, the rest follows.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
red solo cup [m]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2020 0:46:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"That's not funny, Lopez."

The mic cuts for a moment before the static blares again.

"Over."

They split up and nothing of consequence happens. It's rare for anything to happen on the fifth post of a mission thread and neither participants wants to explore the prompt deeper when the rewards are within their reach.

Unsurprisingly, Fernando finds no trace of Team Rocket. After all, they've disbanded. What he does find is that convincing the additional detail otherwise proves harder than it should be. He writes a citation on the Karen who snitched and goes about handing the rest under proper procedure. Unironically, nothing blows up and everything carries on as it should.