awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
certitude .
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 1:14:56 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"That would acquire the acknowledgement that our current set of regulations aren't sufficient." An impossible act considering the investments the League has made in regards to training recruits. Applying such a wide-scale change would also impact the rangers, along with creating new procedures and having them implemented across the org. Fortunately, Fernando has no intention of doing something impractical.

"And for that we'd need proof. The burden of evidence is on those that want change." He pauses. "I'm creating a small team that will serve directly under me. I want them to play by the book — my book, to make sure that the League minimizes its losses."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
certitude .
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 1:39:21 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she appeared to ponder over his words and the implications behind them. after a brief period spent in contemplative silence, she decided to present him with a single inquiry. 

"and what do these supposed rules entail? and i'd rather you not skirt around the truth."

cait ultimately desired that he remain blunt - presenting her with a clear picture of his expectations as opposed to being presented with a rose-tinted version of it. she stared at him, her gaze sharp and focused.  

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
certitude .
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 7:27:56 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"To procure tangible results in accordance to standardized risk assessment. It's more of a mindset than a set of rules but that's what makes it all the more challenging." There's no draft or formal way to present what Fernando has in mind but then again how else would be quantify wishing for a group of people who mimicked his outlook and behavior? The closer they are to mirroring him the better. Only then would change come, spreading from their influence, setting the standard of what a League member should be.

"Which is why I want to train them from the ground up."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
certitude .
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 13:14:25 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"you'll need men and women you can trust," cait replied. "
because whatever your proposing is bound to cross a line. legal - morale - both.

she wondered if fernando's fellow councilmen were aware of his plans. and if they weren't - they'd be willfully treading on absurdly dangerous territory. depending on their actions, discovery would inevitably lead to a breach of contract if they were heavily league-affiliated and perhaps even a slew of criminal charges. 

"
i assume you're asking me to be apart of this team of yours?"

cait's expression remained difficult to read, though a glimmer of intrigue presented itself within her gaze. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
certitude .
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 23:52:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"You think so?"

A simper is the most Fernando can reveal without showing his hand. Although he could see Cait's concern, the whole purpose behind the initiative was to hang on the curtail of what was acceptable without toeing past the line of no return. "The objective is to highlight the League's best. The actions of those who bear our name do not represent the few of us that actually know what we're doing."

Cait's assumption is left to dangle. The directness of her response and behavior is unsettling, uncharacteristic. At least it feels as such and Fernando attributes it to their recent detachment.

"It would be ideal."

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
certitude .
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 2:05:48 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait's gaze lingers upon the man for several beats before a certain look passes over her face, the one which betrays mild irritation.

https://data.whicdn.com/images/330217818/original.gif

her finger taps at her thigh, one hand left the grasp tightly at her folder as she struggles to maintain her expertly crafted facade.

'i don't understand.' 

she had began to slowly yet surely reconstruct herself into fernando's ideal subordinate. the young woman had worked for no less than a year to become someone that he could rely upon - that could be - 

"what am i doing wrong?"

she muttered the question quietly to herself, her brows furrowing as her expression twisted into one of frustration.  the girl burned a metaphorical hole into his desk with his gaze, the look transitioning into a potent glare. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
certitude .
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 9:08:44 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Cait's body language is a story that starts and ends with a conclusion. He knows the end result — that much is obvious — but there's no exposition to explain how they've gotten here. Reading between the lines only takes him so far and he doesn't dare chance it with ungrounded inferences.

"Alfric?"

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
certitude .
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 12:54:36 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"i asked - "

she sucked in a breath meant to anchor her mentally - meant to steady the shakiness of her tone. cait didn't want him to perceive her as weak; as needy; as desperate. but - 

"
- what i'm doing wrong," she repeated. 

another beat.

"
i tried getting too close and made myself look like a fool for it. i tried verbally declaring that i was loyal - but it was like you took it with a grain of salt. and then i tried maintaining my distance and  earning your favor and your trust by way of hard work and self-improvement."

the girl raised her gaze, her green eyes glittering with a potent swirl of emotion.

"
but still you preform mental gymnastics - word play, even. and it's entirely unnecessary."

she put her folder aside, stood and walked closer to the desk before firmly planting her hands upon it. cait leaned forward and toward her superior, her words kept below her usual volume.

"
i want you to tell me what you want," she seethed. "so i can make your dreams a reality. i don't want a muddled - or a contorted - or a twisted version of it, sir. i just want you to give me a clear cut order; so i can obey it.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
certitude .
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 0:13:56 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Where did this come from?

Fernando is left flabbergasted by the sudden turn of his staunchest supporter. It takes a conscious effort to concave his features into an expression that matches his image. Knotted eyebrows, wrinkles, and narrowed eyes: the standard fallback to paint a picture of a confused Silph who openly questions her comments with a tell rather than words. It works for the most part but the slightest of twitches accentuates his jolt to attention.

"Alfric."

A confrontation now will only escalate the situation to a point of no return. He has to calm her down without neglecting her issues. It's a hard bite to swallow but Fernando opts for the diplomatic route. "What I want isn't black and white. I can't give you a single, rigid answer."

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
certitude .
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 14:10:20 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"then trim the fat and cut out the caveats," she replied. "you want a team. individuals who are willing to defy the council and the league."

brief flashes of  came to mind, the girl experiencing an unpleasant twinge at the idea of circumventing his authority. but the remaining seats that were presently occupied by and  made the proposal far more palpable.

"
you're asking for people to put their careers and reputation on the line," she said.

she pulled away from the desk, her expression difficult to discern. 

"
but for what? what's it all for?"  

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
certitude .
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 18:14:31 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"..."

He's lost her somewhere along the way. That much is clear. Fenando's still unsure of where he went wrong with his words, how she managed to misinterpret the path he wants to pave open, but he needs to steer her in the right direction. He is a man of law and order above all else.

"Incorrect. I want a team of exceptional individuals are willing to carry out operation by the books. They should act on sound reason and protocol rather than relying on their 'feelings."

Littleroot is not the first instance of League failure and it certainly won't be the last. But is the hump that broke the camels back. It's one thing for field operatives to fail. It's another to get in his way.

Power is taken — never given. So when a force interjects, obstructing Fernando from what should be his, the only recourse is the eliminate it entirely. If he cannot remove the incompetency in their ranks then he'll one up them; he'll render them obsolete.

Ran on the sharp edge of last year's margins, Fernando looks to run his portion of the League like a well oiled business. Demand is high and supply is low, hence their lackluster performance, but to 'trim out the fat and cut the caveats' he'll need a suitable replacement.

@iris, , . Would that be enough to reach his end game? Probably not, but it's a start. And in order to reach phase one, he'll need to make sure his Pawn is promoted to Knight.

"Alfric, I am okay with letting suspects go due to 'insufficient evidence'. There are laws in place to protect us when people demand accountability. When we fail, which is inevitable, we can take a look at our processes and amend them. No one will blame us and I will defend you until I am removed from office."

Fernando plants his hand on his desk, causing the desk to clamor under his words. It's a sharp grab for attention used to accentuate his point.

"But it is unacceptable to disregard the law, endanger civilians as well as yourself, and causing nothing but damage and bad PR for a hunch. I thought this person looked like an 'enemy' because 'well, I just knew it' is unacceptable. I rushed in head first because 'I wanted to prove myself' without analyzing the situation is unacceptable."

And the most important of all.

"And letting this happen consistently without ramification is unacceptable."

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
certitude .
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 20:23:49 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she clicked her tongue but accepted her misstep with a grimace. cait had allowed assumptions to drive herself forward, which caused her to take a step back in a metaphorical sense. 

'i thought - ' 

but perhaps she had been wrong in assuming that fernando had been manipulating her? had gone out of his way to string her along even. a brief flash of bewilderment caused her reel back and more carefully review the information placed before her. 

"i see," she said, simply. "
i misunderstood." 

the girl forcibly winded herself down, taking a seat and wilting a little as she paced through her own thoughts. she was second-guessing herself, her emotions having allowed her to behave in such a manner. her face warmed and she thanked the gods above her skin concealed it somewhat.

"
i apologize for my outburst. i reached assumptions without letting you finish and without properly communicating my concerns. i'll take care not to repeat my mistake."

she was somewhat eager for him to continue, her green-eyed gaze remaining fixed upon him.

"
by your book then," she said, tentatively adding her perspective on the matter. "you mean following the rules whilst going about situations in a more... logical sense?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
certitude .
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 21:22:49 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Watching Cait shrink back is sufficient to calm Fernando's bravado. The tempo of the conversation swings back into his favor and the largest hurdle has been handled. Thankfully, it had been easy to deceive her while still being honest. While everything he said was true, there's another underlying aspect that Cait had identified correctly. However, by the time she realizes it, it'll be too late. At least that's what Fernando's betting on.

"Ideally, yes. I should be able to defend the League without hesitation. However, these days, the complaints grow more valid with each passing incident. It's an embarrassment to the organization and all that we stand for."

He takes another deep breath, shoulders slack.

"What did you think I meant, Alfric? Why would I ever go against the very principles I built up?"

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
certitude .
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 21:32:36 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

her expression fell flat. 

"because the end justifies the means."

it was a saying that the majority didn't look too kindly upon - but she didn't care. 

"
when i was willing -

she licked her lips and paused briefly before pressing onward with her response.

"- 
when i was willing to kill myself and my comrades in that elevator shaft i believed - and still do believe - that my actions were entirely valid. i weighed the potential consequences and found the outcome to be ideal."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
certitude .
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 21:44:06 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"..."

How vexing. Fernando expresses his exasperation with a long, drawn out exhale. It's not a topic he likes to discuss with those he doesn't trust and at this point Cait finds herself in this camp as well. It's not that he judges her loyalty — well maybe just a little after that outburst — but her own judgement and preservation in keeping her mouth shut.

"I agree. The end justifies the means—" Eye contact is used to drill the point home, "When the end over weighs the alternative."

It's an uncomfortable topic but it's a sacrifice he'll make for Alfric. His lack of dedication to her brain washing is evident by her reaction which means he'll have to double down.

"Do you remember the last time this came up? I disagreed with your specific action but I was in the same boat. I will always sacrifice five people to save a hundred. However, that need to be ensured. The means you use have to promise the end you're trying to reach."