2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
certitude .
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 10:50:39 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

their interactions had - admittedly - been sparse as of late. the young woman had become increasingly independent, merely filing reports on a monthly basis which had been delivered by way of electronic mail. cait had worked on improving her image as a politician, securing funding for projects and ensuring her gym awarded badges at a frequent enough rate.

the woman had become a workaholic, adopting her mentor's work ethnic in a sort of desperate bid to emulate him. but she still considered herself lackluster in comparison to him despite her supposed success in her chosen field. and her own personal failings caused her to unintentionally distance herself somewhat, a solid portion of the year spent without addressing him in an openly friendly manner.

though she had sent him a small gift for his birthday with a lovely note in recent memory, the delivered parcel filled with a capsule containing an espeon that originated from one of her vaporeon's past litters. though even she feared the written message had been a tad stiff and overly formal - lacking her usual warmth. but she had sent it regardless, hopeful its tone would prove substantial. 

cait pondered over her own nervousness as she stood before fernando's office door, the meeting arranged so she could properly brief the man - in person - on how her city was fairing. she'd hesitate before knocking lightly upon his door, quickly returning to securing her hold upon the rather plump manila folder that she carried.  

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
certitude .
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 10:59:17 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]When she knocks, there's no an immediate response. The standard 'come in' of the past never rings. Instead, Cait will hear Fernando's chair rolling slightly before numerous steps take someone from behind his desk and toward his door. Yes, this time Fernando personally opens the door to his office in order to let someone in. It's a nice albeit useless gesture, which makes it that much stranger. It's out of character for him which proves ironic considering how Cait has ended up more Fernando-like than he himself.

"Alfric! It's been a while."

His voice holds a brighter excitement than the sharp call he sound off when he calls for her. On the surface, something's changed, which is precisely the image he's looking for.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
certitude .
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 11:06:35 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"sir."

a familiar flutter originates from the depth of her chest as well as her belly at the mere sight of the man. the flood of warmth is one she had grown use to, a small surge of dopamine experienced as he addresses her by her surname. 

"
it's a pleasure to see you again."

she enters and makes her way toward her usual seat. 

"
i hope your day is going well.

the office looks familiar - little having changing in regards to its already pristine layout. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
certitude .
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 11:20:14 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"As it is mine."

Fernando peers outside of his office and looks both ways. No one else is present in the hall and he closes the door behind him.

"It is now that you're here." There's a fondness in his voice that stems from their newfound distance. Fernando returns to his place behind his desk and clasps his fingers together, leaning forward in anticipation. "You've been well, I take it?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
certitude .
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 11:38:31 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"i have, sir."

cait flips open the manila folder as she confirms this, her gaze remaining averted as she glances over her chosen documents. the girl whispers quietly to herself as she does so, verbally listing what she'd like to discuss and in what order. cait appears distracted in that instance, eventually lifting her gaze back onto him. 

"
it's been mostly business as usual. the economy is solid despite a few drawbacks involving the war. the only constantly changing factor relates to the city's budget. my advisors are constantly squabbling over what we should be focusing on."

meetings were often spent with debating what should go where and why.

"
but before we formally start the report - is there anything you'd like to discuss, sir?"

the young woman appears entirely absorbed and even fixated, failing to truly grasp his subtle displays of affection. perhaps their lack of interaction of late had caused this, the expression she presently wore bearing naught more than a hint of a smile.  

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
certitude .
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 11:53:04 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Budgets." No matter what level of government responsibilities fall under, the issue is always the same. Problems follow the money and everyone never has enough. "When budgets are the worst of your worries then you're doing a good job. Well done, Alfric."

Fernando nods his head no. While there are a few things he wants to discuss with her, they can wait until after they go over their traditional report. He wants her clear, undivided attention for his latest development. It's better to get a gauge of where everything's at so he can temper and adjust his proposition.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
certitude .
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 12:00:59 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"then i'll get started."

cait had been careful to construct her reports so that she trimmed the unnecessary fat out of them. she often rehearsed in front of hypno, timing herself to make sure that everything was neatly condensed into a half hour speech. and she once again succeeded in producing a substantial layout of her city's present status, heavily emphasizing that all was well.

'perfect.' 

at its conclusion she appeared pleased with herself, returning her documents into their folder. they had made for a nice enough reference point, preventing her from stumbling over the details so that she could more efficiently answer any questions he presented. 

"
and i believe that's it," she chimed, her formerly placid grin broadening out. "thank you for your time, sir.

cait shifted to stand, intending to take her leave of the confined space of the office. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
certitude .
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 12:09:15 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"As always, Alfric."

Cait may have finished with her presentation but Fernando is still scribbling down his notes. Handwriting is a chore but using a keyboard would prove too distracting between the clicks and clacks of every keystroke. It isn't until Cait stands up that Fernando brings his head up to meet her.

"Actually, Alfric, if you're not too busy, there was something I wanted to bring up."

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
certitude .
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 12:13:10 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait pauses and resettles herself into her seat, her legs neatly crossing over themselves as she levels fernando with a questioning look. the gym leader had presented him with the opportunity to speak up prior to her report, but she supposed something had come to mind at the tail end of its conclusion.

"i'm not," she replied. "
what did you want to talk about, sir?

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
certitude .
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 12:22:30 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"What are you opinions on the Littleroot Incident?"

Considering the sparse communication between them, they haven't had their quarterly check-in to discuss such a new event. Now that he has her in person, Fernando wants to take it from the top, working his way down and segueing into the actual topic he wants to discuss.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
certitude .
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 12:32:30 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"my opinion regarding that particular debacle is..."

cait had been present within the city when the disastrous event had occurred and had even participated in the first half of the contest. 

"
... that the league is entirely at fault for not effectively terminating the threat. social media has painted us as incompetent - and even i was criticized for not reacting appropriately to the incident despite being in littleroot at the time."

and she had accepted the criticisms; had understood why their public image as a whole had been marred. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
certitude .
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 22:09:28 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Interesting. Fernando agrees with her opinion at first but the conclusion diverges from his initial judgement. Although Fernando has a hand at the failure as well, he places the blame solely on those involved in the basement. Which, as far as he's aware of, lacked any real League presence.

"Do you agree with what they say about you, Alfric?"

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
certitude .
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 23:56:29 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she blinks blankly and then gives a slight nod of her head. 

"i do."

her grip upon her folder tightens somewhat, the corners of her lips tugging downwards.

"
i take all my critics into consideration. despite my overall approval rating, i'm still considered mediocre in comparison to my peers. the harsher ones are more than eager to point out my lack of degree - my age - my lack of experience."

cait shrugged, not entirely bothered by their nitpicks but very accepting of the truth behind their statements. 

"
it's nothing training, college and work won't fix in time. they can't deny that i'm a decent politician and leader after all. i take a very active role when it comes to my position.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
certitude .
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 0:56:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Hm."

Fernando debates her reasoning and while her mindset is positive, healthy even, it's not one he can agree with. Not when the root of her analysis stems from a malicious seed. "I don't think so. Your part in Littleroot was outside of your control." His eyes narrow in and his sights settle onto Cait's.

"But I'm glad you see the bright side in improvement. That's what I admire about you, Alfirc."

While imperfect, Alfric mirrors a lot of his sentiments. It makes her malleable and therefore trustworthy. Truly a beacon among the many that dare call themselves a part of the League.

"And that's what I appreciate about you as well. Unfortunately, how the League has handled the last incident is unacceptable. I will be making a move to correct this and what I see as systematic issues we have when handling such occasions."

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
certitude .
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 1:08:02 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait doesn't respond verbally to his stance, a neatly trimmed brow quirking as she leveled him with a vaguely bemused look. the expression would remain as he continued to speak, though her eyes narrowed slightly.  

"
are you going to propose a thorough reworking of our rules and regulations?"

she wondered if they would pass - but that depended entirely on the contents of whatever bill fernando proposed to his peers. cait rightfully assumed he'd go through the usual legal channels enact change, not considering the possibility of more underhanded methods. 

"
that'd make for a time consuming process," she remarked. "but... it's doable, i suppose.