awards
1,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Million Dollar Baby [Mission]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 17:42:22 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar slumped in his chair, pinching the bridge of his nose as his six pokemon companions looked on. What he was trying to make happen was no easy task, especially since it severely hinged on everyone on his team understanding the pplan.A diagram of the Mauville skirmish arena, a temporary structure created for this event, was layed out on the table before him. All his pokemon had to do was reenact the plan with makeshift figures created from random shit Oscar found around his apartment, but they kept up minor details.

Oscar sighed and leaned toward the table. "Alright seriously, this is the last time we are going over this. The fight is in an hour and there's no chance I am letting a payout this big slip through my fingers." He pointed to Clavis (his dewpider), "Clavis you are going to enter through the alleyway air conditioner to make it into the vents. Then you're gonna shimmy your way to the safe in the manager's office and wait for Musta and Disco." He pointed to Mustakrackish (his gible) and Disco (his Grubbin), "Musta and Disco, you're gonna dig under the arena and come out in the manager's office. You guys and Clavis will work together to break the safe. When it's open, you grab everything inside and take it back through the hole." As Oscar explained, he was sure to move the little figures around the diagram.

He pointed to Sama (his salazzle, Wrath (his emploeon) and Zygarl (his scizor), "You three and I are gonna break into where they store the pokemon fighters to cause a ruckous. Our goal is to keep any security gooms distracted while the others pull off the heist. If we can't manage to get in, that's fine. As long as we're a nuisance it should all work out.  Ow, how are you all having trouble understanding this!?" His pokemon looked around bashfully, they all seemed embarrassed to be having such a hard time with such a simple plan. The thing was it wasn't actually that simple, considering how Oscar needed to consider the placement of the hole and how he was going to get away with his distraction. He wasn't really concerned with those minor details. He got up and grabbed his jacket. "We're out of time. We'll just improvise and see what happens."

After storing away his pokemon, he left for the arena.

@gawdzilla
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 19:44:50 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

Selena was not supposed to be here. There was an error on her part, though, for accepting such an odd request especially for a character like her who shared a little celebrity status for being a journalist and a gym leader in the region. And yet she found herself standing in-front of the manager’s office, waiting for the person on question to come back as she guard his office.

“Why I even try covering a fighting event is something I don’t even know. The evolution of Selena Desmarais from an independent reporter to a broadcast news EIC suddenly is not too impressive.” She nudged Freia who was just standing beside her, also waiting for the manager to come back.

It was only supposed to be a fifteen minute interview but then this might took an hour.

boxing bodyguard (tos) mission
 @gawdzilla
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2020 8:53:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Caius and his Pokemon were just outside of the fighter’s locker room as they prepared for guard duty. He had bought along most of his team, nidoking, gible and rhyperior all being the heavy hitters he wanted to bring a long in case trouble had broken out. He wasn’t expecting any, but his boys hadn’t seen much action the past few weeks, what with them losing the gym and all.

On both sides of the door his two large Pokemon stood, he and Gible had been off to the side goofing about. The burly black hair tapped the land-shark on its nose, if it had one, repeatedly in an attempt to get him to bite him. A test of reflect if anything and the young gible repeatedly struggled to clamp down its trainer’s digits.

“C’mon, how are you gonna go on guard duty if you can barely bite me?” he mocked, narrowly dodging clamping jaws. For all of his horsing around he had been dressed like a bodyguard, he had on a snazzy suit, a black tie and shades as well as a ear piece. Not that he was talking to anyone but he thought it looked cool. The prize fighter had yet to leave their room.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2020 18:56:42 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Donning a hat and sunglasses, Oscar entered the arena as anyone else would. The fact that tickets cost like, 50 poke was annoying but whatever. The profits will be worth it. The lobby was full of stragglers, mingling here instead of finding their seats like normal spectators. Oscar left the lobby quickly, he had a very small window of time to make this distraction work. 

Meanwhile Musta and Disco began their dig well outside of Mauville. They had quite a ways to dig, but didn't seem to mind. They enjoyed digging together, and spent their time goofing off and humming silly tunes. Due to their jests and antics, they would most likely be late to their appointment with Clavis. Not that they seemed to mind, they had no concept of time after all. 

Meanwhile Clavis was released on the way to the arena, and had skittered his way into the vents beside the building with little effort. He crawled through carefully, not wanting to pop his head bubble against the steely vent walls. The followed the route laid out for him by Oscar, and quickly made his way to the vent overlooking the manager's office. As he quietly peeked through, he found an unexpected problem. There was a woman waiting in the office, which is weird because Oscar swore up and down it would be empty. As far as Clavis knew, Musta and Disco would be there any second so this lady needed to be disposed of quickly. How could he possibly get rid of her though?

Clavis had an idea, it was a gamble but a gamble would be better than going back to Oscar empty handed. He slowly pressed his bubble against the ceiling of the vent, and with a little pressure it popped. Clavis immediately began to suffocate, so he had to move quickly. He Lunged against the air vent cover and blasted it away. He fell to the floor of the office and twitched wildly, violently gasping for air. He really hoped the woman would take him to get help, because this would be a stupid way to die.

Meanwhile Oscar walked the perimeter of the arena, seemed like every seat was full. Good, the more noise out here the more noise he can make backstage without drawing too much attention. On the opposite end to the arena from the entrance, there was a large opening that lead to the snack bar. Within that opening there was an employee's only door. Oscar opened that door and went down the stairs within.

The stairs lead to a hallway hidden below the seats that surrounded the arena. Oscar strode down the hall, acting like he belong just in case someone came out and found him. The diagram of the arena placed the pokemon storage toward the north end of the circular hall. When Oscar reached it, he knocked roughly against the door. Hopefully someone was inside to greet him.

@gawdzilla,

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2020 18:52:49 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

Her experience as a writer allowed her to learn several trivial things she would probably need in the future. This was one of them.

When she heard a burst of bubble coming from the ceiling, Selena saw the suffocating dewpider and immediately came to its rescue. She produced two more balls from her pocket, this time, Medusa and Tue appeared in-front of her and Freia to help the poor spider. “Medusa, help it breathe again and try to heal it, Tue.”

The milotic produced WATER BUBBLE which would try to replicate the dewpider’s while the audino WISHED it back to good health.

She picked up the pokémon and nursed it back to health. “You’re lucky I know some pokémon first aids, buddy. Where did you come from?”

The journalist was upset the manager was still nowhere near the office, but at least the company of wild pokémon would be a source of her entertainment. “Let’s get you to a pokémon center after I do this interview, alright? But first let me get—” Selena picked up a spare ball and attempted to catch the dewpider. She only realized it was impossible when the premier ball defaulted and did not work.

@gawdzilla
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 23:48:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Caius was still playing about, paying no mind to any commotion that may have been heard as he was still guarding the door to the Pokemon’s dressingroom. His eyes were still fixated on his Gible as he teased the landshark.

There were some close calls, the tip of his fingers just brushed across Gible’s roughhide. “You’re so slow, are you sure your mother wasn’t a Slowbro, Gible?” he mocked. He stood up and looked at his watch, it was almost show time.

Raising his fist he’d bang on the door for both the Pokemon and its manager to come out. “Your match is next. Let’s hurry it up in there.”

The manager cracked open the door, “The champ is still getting ready kid, just keep an eye out alright?” the short, bushy haired man retorted before closing the door again. This Hitmon must have been quite a Pokemon to need to meditate before a bout.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 2:14:31 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Nobody answered the door. Oscar knocked again, still nothing. Was it empty? No, he could hear voices. Then what the fuck, didn't they know he was on a tight schedule? Oscar groaned and checked his pokenav. Shit, that fight was gonna start any minute. Well, he had to cause a proper distraction. So he opened the door.

"Hey what's the hold up!?" He tried to sound official like but it was up in the air if that worked or not. Oscar found an additional small hallway that lead to a door with three massive pokemon in front of it. A nidoking, a rhyperior, and OH FUCK THAT WAS A GUY! He was a god damn tank holy shit, how do you build that much muscle!? Oscar forgot what exactly his plan was, he was to transfixed on the mass of man that stood before him. He nearly fainted. No! Stay focused on the task at hand. He shook his head to snap out of the spell, "Er um I uh believe the fight is about to start. Is the champ ready or what?"

Meanwhile, Clavis was in a pickle. The woman indeed tended to him, but she attempted to catch him and failed. Clavis had to think fast, and more importantly not panic. He weakly lifted his leg and began rhythmically tapping the floor. He was attempting to communicate using the code his master had taught him. Except--only his master would know that code. Darn. Perhaps he could write a letter? No, he couldn't read nor write. Oh dear what to do. Clavis weakly nuzzled into the woman, he wanted to appear pained and lost. Perhaps she will take him to find his trainer. Hopefully before Disco and Musta arrived.

Disco and Musta were still goofing off, but they were focused just enough to start keeping up a good pace. If they kept up their current trajectory, they should reach their destination very shortly.

, @gawdzilla
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 6:54:10 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

The dewpider was indeed cute especially when it kept nuzzling Selena with its newly-formed bubble head. It did not came to her surprised that the pokémon was already owned, but she thought it was strange for someone to let their pokémon run loose. “Where’s your owner, little guy? You think you can let me see him?”

Tue continued WISHING, nursing back the creature to full health. Thirty minutes have passed now and her interviewee was still missing. She was thankful the creature was there to give her company, and perhaps an excuse to get out of the manager’s sight. 

But it seemed things ran a little unexpected for both Selena and Clavis when the manager retuned with stacks of CDs, posters, and handbooks at his arms. The man was noticeably shorter than the lady, head bald with only a few short strands building above his ears. The first thing he noticed was the reporter’s new company. “Oh! Look what we have here? A dewpider. Too bad it can’t be included in today’s heavyweight matches. HA! HA!”

@gawdzilla
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 20:23:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The manager’s words had slightly annoyed Caius. He knew that part of his work would include standing guard until the champion was ready but he hardly expected to have to sit around when he did so. It was boring work despite the importance it had to the night’s event.

The door shut in his face and Caius sighed, “Well, I guess we won’t be getting any grub at the Pokemon center boys.” he’d groan, “Then again ,you guys are ground types, you could probably just eat some of the drywall and be held over right?”

Both Rhyperior and Nidoking responded with low grunts, the two Pokemon weren’t all that vocal. Neither of them minded standing for hours given in the wild they’d probably do the same when they weren’t clashing with other big Pokemon for territory. This was just the way of the Ground Type or at least Caius figured it was.

Not far from them the staff only door behind them opened the sudden sound making both trainer and Pokemon turn about face with their collective guards up.

From the other side of the door came someone he hadn’t see among the staff before. Then again he hardly paid attention to the stadium staff given they were insignificant to his job.

Caius replied to their inquiry about the champion, “They say he needs more time, they like to use meditate before every bout you know?”

The burly man crossed his arms, “The media already arrived I thought, so what are you doing back here?”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2020 1:26:55 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Clavis nodded at the woman's request. He had no intention of actually leading her to his master, but if it got her out of the room he was willing to play along. It would seem that they were finally heading out, now Disco and Musta were free to--

The manager burst in, seemingly in quite the hurry. If Clavis could sweat, he'd be shedding bullets by now. The manager joked about Clavis's size, which the little dewpider did not react to. He was 80% sure he could defeat any opponent. He was a good little soldier, his master kept telling him that so it must be true. He had no time for this though, his companions would arrive any second and the office was still full. Perhaps if Clavis took the manager hostage? No, he didn't have the strength to wrangle an adult human. Though he was short, perhaps...

No, Clavis was no confident in his ability to handle this on his own. He shall wait for Disco and Musta, their arrival shall provide the distraction he needed to execute a proper plan.

Disco and Musta were digging up, they would arrive at their destination soon. It'll still be a short bit, but their journey was nearly done.

Meanwhile the beefcake security guard asked Oscar a question, and Oscar was quick with a response. "I'm the hype man, you know I yell a lot and get the crowed HYPED!" Oscar made some hand motions to simulate hype, it was not very effective.

He decided to change the subject, "I'll just head out and check back later. Oh! Before I go, I gotta ask. What's your work out routine? I've been trying to build muscle for months but nothing is sticking." As he waited for the guard's answer, he reached behind himself and pulled a pokeball off his belt. During the guard's answer he would open the ball, releasing Zygarl the Scizor, who surged through the doorway and pointed his claws at the man. He had been waiting hours for a fight and was out for blood! After Zygarl, Oscar released Wrath the empoleon, who stepped through the door more slowly. He was down to brawl too, but he wouldn't lower himself by seeming eager.

Oscar smirked and stepped through himself. "How about a work out right here? I mean, you're not busy are you?" It looked like it was gonna be quite the battle, until the ground began to rumble. Oscar peered around, confused at what was occurring. Between the two teams of pokemon, a large hole erupted from the floor. From it popped out Disco and Musta, who cried out happily as if to say 'Surprise!'. As the two pokemon waved at everyone in the room happily, Oscar planted his face firmly within his hands. "You have got to be shitting me." He said, his woeful words muffled. "It's the wrong fucking room! I was so clear, how could you fuck this up!?"

Disco and Musta were too happy to have finished their dig to notice their master's despair. 

, @gawdzilla
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 2:26:27 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

The journalist let out a sigh at sight of the manager. The dewpider, too, seemed frantic when the man approached them suddenly. Was it because of his lewd comment about its size? Selena shared the pokémon’s sentiment. “Let’s get this over with.”

The manager signaled the three to enter, the blaziken opted to open the door when he nudged Selena to do it for him. The manager let out a disappointed look but proceeded to enter anyway. Though as far as Selena was concerned, she could not care less the way the manager royally fucked up for being late at his appointment. There were more important things she needed to do than this, and this would surely make a negative PR for his business.

Upon entering his office, the room was cladded with trophies, medals, and posters of previous boxing champions. There were plants that looked artifical and the piéce-de-resistance was the marble statue of the manager himself structurely built with more muscles than his actual body.

“Boxing is my passion ever since day one,” he offered but Selena did not take it. “It’s my dream to be surrounded by big, chunky, muscular pokémons and I’m glad someone shared my vision, too!”

Selena retrieved the little notepad from her pocket and started jotting down notes. Perhaps the only good thing about this interview was she did not need to ask questions. She scratched the dewpider’s body as she looked at it with a reassuring gaze, ‘fifteen minutes, then we’ll get to your owner.’

@gawdzilla
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 5:06:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
“Oh ho ho,” Caius laughed from his stomach when the theatrical entrances went off. Not one, but TWO strong looking Pokemon burst onto the scene. A Scizor, an Empoleon, and two smaller Pokemon. He liked the look of that Empoleon and he was digging the Scizor’s scrawny look. This was nice.

While the other trainer addressed his Pokemon Caius took off his jacket and folded it, “Ya know, you’re pretty cool,” he folded his jacket again, into a square. The burly trainer dropped the neatly folded jacket onto the ground and started unbuttoning the buttons on his wrist to loosen and roll them up to his elbows.

“So, so cool. You even brought some cool Pokemon.” Caius reached for his tie and tore it off of his neck effortlessly, “I hope you’re ready to go all out.” he rolled his shoulders forward and back.

“Hope you’re not going to let me blather on. Make a move.”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2020 4:05:36 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar pinched the bridge of his nose as the security guard prepared for battle. Oscar looked to him, his expression tired and disappointed. "I'm not that cool to be honest. This was supposed to be a big moment for me but I have over estimated the abilities of my pokemon. In other words, I'm no longer in the mood." Oscar spitefully returned all of his pokemon except Wrath to their balls and began backing toward the door.

"I hate to disappoint though. Tell ya what, we'll meet in Slateport and I'll crush you then. Don't keep me waiting, stud!" Oscar snapped his fingers, "Mist me." Wrath opened his mouth and an eruption of mist quickly filled the room, offering Oscar and Wrath some cover as they sprinted out of the room and down the hall. Oscar returned Wrath to his ball mid-run and powered his way up the stairs leading back to the seats. From there he took a more casual pace, striding his way toward the manager's office.

Clavis sat quietly in the woman's arms, wondering where his companions were. The woman noted that they would be waiting fifteen minutes before finding his trainer, which Clavis reacted to with a sigh. Fifteen minutes of listening to the bald buffoon on the other side of the table talk? Oh he could hardly contain his joy.

About half way through the interview the door to the office opened. Clavis wiggled to get a view of the door and found his master standing in the doorway. Clavis excitedly shook his way out of the woman's grasp and plopped on the floor. He skittered over to his master and climbed up his body to rest on his shoulders.

Oscar gave Clavis a pat on the head and gave the office a quick glance. Yeah this plan had no hopes of working, this is why Oscar should never plan heists on his own. He ignored any questions thrown his way and pointed to the bald manager, "You need to hire more than one security guard, I literally just walked up here. No one stopped me. It's pathetic." Oscar gave the two strangers a peace gesture as he turned to leave, while Clavis was sure to wave goodbye to the woman. She was an obstacle, but at the very least a very kind one.

, @gawdzilla
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2020 11:04:48 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

Selena exchanged meaningful looks with the manager after a random stranger busted into his office, then timid dewpider jumping unto his shoulders, and the look on the manager’s face was struck with surprise. “What are you waiting for? Get him!”

Normally, Selena would not do anything about petty crimes like this. First, the attitude of the bald guy irritated her. Second, she could care less if he got robbed or something—after all, it did not look like this man would care for his competitors. But this provided her a reason to escape the story and get some more juicy headlines than stay inside the office for another chunkful of minutes. “Freia, chase them!”

Both the trainer and her blaziken chased the suspicious pair who mysteriously vanished by the corridor. Selena then called on Calliope, the gardevoir, who ran along with them while using FUTURE SIGHT to trace their steps. “Don’t let Freia get to you mister if you don’t want to be barbecued,” she shouted before a roaring howl from the audience was heard from the arena.

@gawdzilla