[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]TOWER CHALLENGE

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ENDS JULY 13TH, 11:59PM PST
FIGHT YOUR WAY TO THE TOP!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_qceym8axUY1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
[break][break]

EXPOSITION

A TOWER TO TEST YOUR STRENGTH has been erected in hoenn by martial artists in order to train pokemon trainers. although this tower-dojo is new, it is a reconstruction of the navel rock tower, which had been destroyed one and a half years ago.[break][break][break]

the first challenge may be the journey to the tower itself. you must get there by water or air, traversing the occasionally treacherous expanse of briny blue hoenn is infamous for. once you arrive, you will be asked to change into dojo uniforms. in addition, no shoes are allowed within the dojo, for the space is considered formal and sacred. the dojo staff clean the building thoroughly before and after each tower challenge.[break][break][break]

trainers are encouraged to team up with others in order to tackle the tower's many challenges. each floor features a trial conducted by dojo staff and their pokemon. be aware, these pokemon are very strong— for they have dedicated themselves to one technique for the majority of their lives. consequently, each trainer and their pokemon must be able to pull their weight should they want to be successful.[break][break][break]

[break][break][break]

although overcoming each floor will reward you, reaching the 11th floor (subject to change) may bestow the challengers with a very special reward.[break][break][break]

OOC EXPLANATION

THIS EVENT FOCUSES ON teamwork, but also individual skill or versatility. each floor features a battling-based challenge that requires every single member of your team to complete. sometimes challenges will test trainers and their preparations individually, while other challenges may require some members of your team to execute different moves in order to match the challenge's requirements. an example of a challenge is provided below:[break][break][break]

example challenge: your team's pokemon will be poisoned by the muk's attack. avoid being poisoned.
[break][break]

afterward, you will post saying how your pokemon will avoid being poisoned. consider pokemon moves, abilities, typings, and battling mechanics to overcome the challenge. in other words, this is a little more video gamey than other events.[break][break][break]

these challenges may vary in difficulty. some floors may be simple in nature— while others will be incredibly specific or difficult to accomplish. only the strongest can make it to the top, after all![break][break][break]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. this event is no traditional raid event; however, there are some rules that can transfer to the tower challenge.[break][break][break]

[break][break][break]

• all of your characters can participate.
  • if you fail the tower challenge, you can attempt to challenge it again.
  • please provide a tl;dr &/or bold moves/abilities/items used with each post.
  • unless stated otherwise in the moderator's post, please only use ONE MOVE per post. you do not need to ROLL unless prompted to in a moderator's post.
  • if your tower challenge does not complete before the event's end, the challenge will fail immediately.
  • you have access to all pokemon in your pc; there is a pc on every floor (or you can say that the appropriate pokemon are already with your character).
  • there is no locking in of pokemon; you can catch pokemon to help you complete the challenge even after the challenge has started!
  • you can team up with three other characters for a total of four characters on a team; however, you do not need to have a maximum of four characters in a team. in other words, the minimum number you require is two characters on a team, but be aware, this may make some challenges immensely difficult.
[break][break][break]

once you have chosen your teammates, please post below with their tags. afterward, will create the tower challenge thread for you.[break][break][break]

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
become as fire, eat the woods. eat the dark and show where i stood
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
39. TOWER CHALLENGE
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 14:39:53 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
39. TOWER CHALLENGE
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 15:28:05 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
, , @iris,

wow the exact opposite of the team above X'D
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
39. TOWER CHALLENGE
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 15:51:28 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
39. TOWER CHALLENGE
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 16:00:55 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
Are you strong enough to stand protecting both your heart and mine?
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
39. TOWER CHALLENGE
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 21:13:21 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
39. TOWER CHALLENGE
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 12:31:12 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
39. TOWER CHALLENGE
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 3:40:17 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar

i did an oopsie so i'm signing us for a second try!
& & &