TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
beneath the froth [s]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 6:00:39 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[attr="class","everybody"]
[attr="class","say"]
[attr="class","ramiel"]
Rustboro on a rainy day was quite a sight to behold. Its denizens were quick to find shelter in their brick-built homes as it came, leaving the once populous lantern-lit streets deserted and at peace. It was only six o' clock in the evening. Remiel had planned to pay a visit to the museum today, and assist with the evaluation of a few new (potential) additions to it. But they called ahead to say that they had closed up shop instead. Rather than waste the day at home, mired in paperwork he did not plan nor care to do today, the black-haired royal found himself in the cozy interior of the local café: the Caféwoodo. It was lightly packed.

In its lounge area by its largest window, he found a comfortable spot upon their weathered couch where he could gaze at the falling rain outside and read his book in peace. With one leg crossed over the other horizontally, and an ankle set upon his lightly bouncing knee, the Galarian prince relaxed as he read up on the latest archaeological studies and theories. At one point, he paused to check a phone notification for his favorite gacha game, Evergrande Fantasy. At another, he looked up to wonder when the barista would finally come over with his chestnut praline cappuccino.

The Sinistea that had followed him inside, in the meantime, floated around the café contently. Earl Grey was always quite the curious little pokémon when he had the permission to be.
[attr="class","calcifet"]

✓ — 1x post that references a gacha game

themerainy day at the caféwoodo

[newclass=.everybody]padding:10px;[/newclass][newclass=.say]text-align:justify;font:25px arial;margin-top:2px;color:#AEB3B8;letter-spacing:-1px;font-weight:bold;-webkit-transition:all ease 0.2s;transition:all ease 0.2s;opacity:.8;[/newclass][newclass=.ramiel]font:40px arial;text-transform:uppercase;color:#AEB3B8;text-shadow:1px 1px #fff, 2px 2px #AEB3B8;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;margin-top:-50px;font-style:italic;-webkit-transition:all ease 0.2s;transition:all ease 0.2s;opacity:0;[/newclass][newclass=.calcifet]text-align:justify;margin-top:5px;font:10px arial;text-transform:uppercase;padding:5px;margin-top:-50px;-webkit-transition:all ease 0.8s;transition:all ease 0.8s;opacity:0;[/newclass][newclass=.everybody:hover .say]-webkit-transition:all ease 0.2s;transition:all ease 0.2s;opacity:0;[/newclass][newclass=.everybody:hover .ramiel]-webkit-transition:all ease 0.2s;transition:all ease 0.2s;opacity:1;[/newclass][newclass=.everybody:hover .calcifet]margin-top:0px;-webkit-transition:all ease 0.8s;transition:all ease 0.8s;opacity:1;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
beneath the froth [s]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 6:14:38 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
an ongoing challenge on noah's gym gave kyle a lot of down time to burn.

he had seen what the challenger's pokemon were like and he was pretty sure that noah would try to make the battle as exciting as he can instead of outright destroying the kid's rattata. that meant it's going to take a while until an anime moment gives the match a satisfying end.

going to a nearby cafe seemed the best idea at that moment. unfortunately, kyle's poochyena also had a similar idea when it saw the sinistea. grumbles sounded from his throat.

it chases after the ghost-type, but kyle manages to catch his pokemon before it can actually pounce at it like shiv pounces at all opportunities to spend real life money at dragalia lost.

"sorry for my poochy," he apologizes at the trainer, pinning down his pokemon to the ground until it behaves. kyle's attention then pans to the pokemon. "that's a..."

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
beneath the froth [s]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 6:24:06 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[attr="class","say"]
[attr="class","ramiel"]

Though the possessed teacup is all too confident in its ability to evade the Poochyena's attempts, it quickly floats back to its master anyway, guiding the little canine along like one would a rabbit with a carrot. The sound of its playful snarling and desperate whining catches Remiel's attention, who shifts his blue-grey eyes away from his book before realizing Earl Grey hovered over his shoulder. With all the grace and practiced motion of someone who had clearly done this many times before, he reached up to delicately clasp a finger through the Sinistea's cup handle and hold it down against his lap as he would a regular cup of tea. The book he held in his other hand was set aside on the café table in front of him before he settled back.

Seeing the man wrestle his Poochyena down onto the floor was something he had not expected to see at this establishment. The sight of it was enough to distract him from the man's features for a minute or two, until he realized that they looked somewhat familiar. Still holding the sentient teacup upon his lap, he looked down at his partner when the gentleman seemed to have trouble identifying it. "A Sinistea," He chimed in, turning his nonchalant gaze back up onto the scruffy young man with his scruffy dog. "They're native to Galar. Is this... your first time coming across one?" He inquired, not all too sure why he cared himself but slightly curious nonetheless. After all, it had been months since the embargo on Galarian pokémon had been lifted, had it not?

[newclass=.everybody]padding:10px;[/newclass][newclass=.say]text-align:justify;font:25px arial;margin-top:2px;color:#AEB3B8;letter-spacing:-1px;font-weight:bold;-webkit-transition:all ease 0.2s;transition:all ease 0.2s;opacity:.8;[/newclass][newclass=.ramiel]font:40px arial;text-transform:uppercase;color:#AEB3B8;text-shadow:1px 1px #fff, 2px 2px #AEB3B8;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;margin-top:-50px;font-style:italic;-webkit-transition:all ease 0.2s;transition:all ease 0.2s;opacity:0;[/newclass][newclass=.calcifet]text-align:justify;margin-top:5px;font:10px arial;text-transform:uppercase;padding:5px;margin-top:-50px;-webkit-transition:all ease 0.8s;transition:all ease 0.8s;opacity:0;[/newclass][newclass=.everybody:hover .say]-webkit-transition:all ease 0.2s;transition:all ease 0.2s;opacity:0;[/newclass][newclass=.everybody:hover .ramiel]-webkit-transition:all ease 0.2s;transition:all ease 0.2s;opacity:1;[/newclass][newclass=.everybody:hover .calcifet]margin-top:0px;-webkit-transition:all ease 0.8s;transition:all ease 0.8s;opacity:1;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
beneath the froth [s]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 6:36:38 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle remains fixated at the sinistea, wondering if they're actually as usable as teacups as klefkis are as key rings. he knows rotoms are useful for making his roombas highly efficient though.

"kinda," he answers bluntly. "competitive hoenn trainers aren't that big on them, i suppose. probably why my poochy got curious about it as well."

eventually, his poochyena releases a huff. kyle releases him from his hold, and the bite pokemon shows that his trainer has successfully managed to kill his desire to jump at the sinistea.

kyle takes a quick look around, trying to find a seat. there were little to no space left for him, most of them occupied by rustburo university students trying to study for tests or tourists that got enticed after crazy stories from phenomena happening on the region propagated online.

"do you mind if i take a seat?" he asks.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
beneath the froth [s]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 6:46:35 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[attr="class","say"]
[attr="class","ramiel"]

Ah, a competitive trainer native to Hoenn. Another quick glance at him and the royal supposes he should have surmised as much. Any lingering, fleeting question he might have is put on pause when the pup huffs. And there's a slightly uneasy moment when the young man lifts himself off of his little canine, the pair of them watching to see whether it would lunge for Earl Grey or not. When the latter is soon firmly established, however, the flow of their impromptu meeting resumes.

"By all means," The black-haired royal responds, gesturing towards the empty lounge chair across from him. "This is a shared space, after all. Though I will admit... I'm not accustomed to such things." He'd very much been raised in the kind of environment others would designate as 'sheltered'. Being a part of the general public, especially in a foreign land, was an entirely new experience that he was still learning to understand and grow comfortable with.

But... small talk. That was normal in these kind of situations, correct? Even royals did that.

"So... I take it you're a League trainer, then? How is your gym challenge faring?" He inquires, ignoring the little purple blob of a head that emerges from the pool of ectoplasm in the teacup he holds. With little tiny arms and hands, it pulls itself up to the brim of the cup and peeks out at the dog trainer. Then it bows.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
beneath the froth [s]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 6:59:14 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he dips his head with the offer and takes the seat. when the barista finally comes to give remiel his beverage, kyle chimes in for his own: a simple iced coffee.

"doing well!" he responds. for all intents, he has long passed the need to actively challenge gyms, and the rest of his gym battles were mostly for collection. "i'd challenge for the champion spot, but it's too much of a hassle to sober bailey up or locate perse."

at least there was stormy. he's thankful that she's at least one phone call away if he ever needs her.

"are you doing the gym challenge too, or are you just curious?"

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
beneath the froth [s]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 7:16:22 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[attr="class","say"]
[attr="class","ramiel"]

The arrival of the barista is enough to prompt Earl Grey to excuse himself from Remiel's grasp, becoming a floating teacup once more that soon finds itself at the center of the coffee table between them before long. Replacing his companion with the frothy cappuccino he had ordered, Remiel thanks the attendant before raising the brim of the new cup to his nose for a deep inhale. Rich. Sweet. Nutty. And, from the looks of it, perfectly textured. He had already surmised it was worth the wait, but made that fact concrete once he finally took his first sip. As he did so, the young man remarked on people Remiel had never personally met before. Though he certainly wasn't daft enough to think they weren't related to the League's elite four.

Before answering the young lad's inquiry, the dark-haired prince takes his time to savor that sip of his cappuccino, and simultaneously puts some thought into his forthcoming answer as well. Before long, he decides the answer is fairly simple. "I've been far too mired in important work, but I challenge a gym leader when I can make the time for it. It's certainly more of a personal goal than a quest for riches and glory." Though he supposed, if he continued down this path he was on successfully, it would eventually lead to great boons of that as well.

"Do you happen to know ?" He asks, lifting his cup to his mouth with perfect balance. "She is just about the only gym leader I have had the pleasure to know beyond any superficial level. I've yet to congratulate her for the recent promotion, however." He flatly adds, taking another sip.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
beneath the froth [s]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 7:33:05 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the poochyena remains by kyle's feet, finally curling up as soon as it finally realizes its fatigue from playing too much. kyle pats it on the head as it parts its maw for a yawn.

"yeah, i'm very good friends with her." probably the one he's most comfortable with among the roster even. "she's probably the easiest to talk to among the e4 too, so i feel you."

bailey, perse and him all have notable faults that make them a bit tricky to approach, but the previous gym leader was straightforward enough. he'd consider the previous elite four member, mateo, to be the easiest one before too.

maybe the bar wasn't just high enough.

"why'd you ask? curious about her personal life?" he teases in tone too bland that one wouldn't realize kyle was simply kidding.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
beneath the froth [s]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 7:50:40 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[attr="class","say"]
[attr="class","ramiel"]

The Galarian isn't exactly surprised. Stormy certainly had a magnetic personality, even if she didn't care to admit it. She'd even managed to, effortlessly, garner his own trust somehow. Enough to bring her along on a private assault on pirates, anyway. She wasn't perfect, of course. No one really was. But she was certainly worthy of her title.

If there was a joke to be had in the young lad's latest inquiry, it flew right over Remiel's head as he answered. "Not quite. It simply seems to me that you know quite a few influential people here in Hoenn. I'm curious about that." He nonchalantly remarked, taking another sip.

It is only after savoring the taste for a third time, then lowering the cup from his mouth, that he realizes something. "Oh. I'm afraid I've been terribly rude." He speaks, setting his cup down on the coffee table beside his dormant Sinistea. Rising from his seat, he reaches over the table with an extended hand. "Remiel Calcifet, pleasure. And you are?" The prince queries.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
beneath the froth [s]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 14:11:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle takes his hand as a gesture, shaking it firmly, practiced by a lot of official meetings that he wouldn't have otherwise been having without his rise to the seat.

"kyle lopez. nice to meet you."

the introduction should've came from him first on hind sight given that kyle was the one that bothered him in the first place, but the conversation has transpired enough already that it would be weird to bring it up. the uneasiness settles in him until he decides to try playing it cool.

"i personally know bailey and stormybefore they were promoted. bailey was a mutual friend with perse, and, well, i got to know her more after that. kinda crazy how that works, right?"

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
beneath the froth [s]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 1:38:32 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[attr="class","say"]
[attr="class","ramiel"]

Kyle Lopez.

Remiel couldn't say he'd heard that name before. Certainly not within his own ranks in Team Rocket. But he was confident their head of intel could scrounge up a portfolio for it, given enough time. This Kyle Lopez seemed to mingle with some of Hoenn's biggest players, after all.

When he'd settled back into his seat on the couch, Remiel was almost shocked to hear the lad bring them up again. He couldn't possibly be telepathic on any level... could he? No, that was nonsense. They were simply continuing the conversation from where they'd left off. The delayed introduction in-between said conversation was to blame for the awkward transition. Nothing more.

"Yes, that's quite... funny." Well, not quite. In fact, he'd experienced such things countless times in his life. Growing up as the prince of Hammerlocke meant a lot of banquets, galas, balls, and parties. And all of those meant even more introductions. He'd seen childhood friends and acquaintances grow up to be important politicians, wealthy businessmen, and even powerful trainers. Some of them had even become kings and queens.

Realizing they were in the thick of a silence that could easily be considered awkward in itself, he cleared his throat and reached over to lift his cappuccino back up off the coffee table. "Do you ever feel like... you're being left behind?"

The thought had slipped his mind and escaped his lips as a question. He only realized it seconds after, upon which he blinked and cleared his throat again. Raising the wide brim of the cappuccino cup to his lips, he hoped it was enough to shield what he perceived to be faint embarrassment on his cheeks. How uncouth. How amateur.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
beneath the froth [s]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 3:29:01 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"not really," he answers bluntly.

if anything, he's being put in a position much more ahead than what he finds comfortable. if the advantages of being an elite four wasn't that appealing, he wouldn't have taken the position at all. at the very least, it's less work than being a gym leader.

"being ahead's stressful. you get a lot of expectations put on you, not to mention attention. i'm still in my twenties anyways, so there's no rush."

compared to other people who started their pokemon journey, however, it was already late enough. he supposed he was just lucky that he managed to get a career out of it despite 'getting' into it late.

finally, his drink arrives disposable cup with a lid and a straw. kyle wasn't in the cafe for long anyways since he has to get back to noah later.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
beneath the froth [s]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 3:48:58 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[attr="class","say"]
[attr="class","ramiel"]

Remiel was, naturally, quite a tough person to read. And he was quite conscious of the fact. It brought some sense of relief to him to think Kyle had failed to realize he had actually been posing the question in regards to his own experience. What this man ultimately made of his life was of little consequence to him. At least, for the foreseeable future.

Even so, Kyle's words resonated with him deeper than he would have imagined. The truth he found in them were solely to blame, of course. He sighs and lowers his cappuccino down to a hover above his lap, gazing out the rain-speckled window.

"And yet so many idolize fame. Power. Wealth. They remain ignorant to the true weight of its responsibilities. Or are simply too proud to believe they can't handle it. Some would rather grip a sword by its blade than ever let it go..."

Realizing he's gone on a bit of a tangent, he shifts his eyes back onto the young man across from him. "So you pity your companions, then?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
beneath the froth [s]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 4:25:36 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the metaphor used was too poetic for kyle's caliber, but he feels the message behind it. a smile forms on his expression as he nods sagely, silently agreeing with everything that was just said.

he blinks awake when he was given another question.

"not really, no. they seem happy anyways. even if they weren't, then it's not my problem anymore, isn't it."

he turns to him, slightly tilting his head with a raised eyebrow as he bounces the same question back. the phone rings on his pocket and he grabs to check the notification, but not before asking.

"you sound like you're on the same boat though. do you have the same opinion?"

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
beneath the froth [s]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 4:56:38 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[attr="class","say"]
[attr="class","ramiel"]

Kyle's response is, principally, expected. Expressing pity for others has often been misconstrued as a false sense of superiority. And, in cases of pity for high-ranking individuals in society, misconstrued as a sense of poorly masked jealousy towards the individuals in question. For all intents and purposes, barring nuns and other religious figures, the word 'pity' has become something of a stigma amongst many social circles, tossed aside in favor of other avenues of empathy and good will.

But Remiel, of course, hardly had any personal experience with that. Any social circles he had (briefly) been a part of in the past were certainly too estranged from the rest of society to be of any use to him now. The few he perceived to be a part of now, on any level, were still in their infancy.

"Hm... I won't presume to know your friends personally, but sloshed and-or distant from the rest of the civilized world certainly doesn't 'seem' particularly happy to me. Then, of course, there is Miss Silph to take into account..." He trails off at the end there; an uncommon thing for him to do.

When the familiar 'ding' of a notification sounds out, however, he snaps back into attention just in time for Kyle's question. "On the same boat? How do you mean?" He asks.