maze runner [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 13:17:18 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

While completing a maze wasn't new by any means, Stormy was, admittedly, thoroughly overwhelmed by Francie's maze. During Cait's challenge, she had just followed the sound of water and Pokemon to get to the center. Here, sound bounced back to slap her in the face. She, at this point, was merely relying on Apollo's excellent sense of direction.[break][break]

And it turns out they hadn't even gotten to the beginning of the maze at all - they were just looking for the registration area and the woman in charge, miss Francie Myrtle herself.[break][break]

"Do you even know where you're going, pal? Or are you just a really good liar."[break][break]

The puff of air in response makes her narrow her eyes, but she does ultimately find the registration area.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]

[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
maze runner [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 15:43:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Francie was nervous as could be. Stormy Silph herself, related to , and really Francie was afraid that Stormy built her gym up in her mind as something impressive and, well, it was just a maze... it had obstacles, sure, but--

No! Francie! We discussed this, you will be confident in your gym! It's backed by Fernando and by Asher both. If they backed it, you're doing something right!!

Look! Internal character development, good for Francie.

As she talked herself in a circle, she approached the starting line, which Stormy would eventually be told to meet Francie at. Once they were there, Francie gave a wave toward the beginning of the maze, which had already opened up to show tall walls of pure stone, stretching up to the ceiling.

"Welcome to Petalburg Gym's Maze! This challenge allows only non-damaging moves! If you make it to the end of the maze by the time limit that beings once you cross this white line, you win! The only stipulation is that you have to have me with you in order to complete the challenge! I'll accompany you the whole time!"

Despite her blush because she was nervous, Francie was trying to show nerves of steel.

"Are you ready, Stormy?"

- roll total 0/200
you may begin rolling!

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
maze runner [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 20:20:41 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Oh God.[break][break]

Stormy looks up at the towering rock walls - the actual maze. One glance over her shoulder makes her realize that she had been absolutely out of her mind blind. How in the world had she thought just getting to the registration desk was a maze? She was in for a world of trouble.[break][break]

But the bright face of Francie stands at the starting line, thanks to the careful direction of the woman who had taken her signature and all that jazz. Stormy gives the stallion next to her a quick pat, but he's already moving off to meet the gym leader.[break][break]

"Sounds like fun! Now, is it cheating if I just hold your hand the whole time? Can't lose you if I never let you go, right?"[break][break]

She winks but otherwise doesn't reach for her on the off chance Francie wasn't cool with it. Instead, she glances to the start of the maze before taking a deep breath. [break][break]
"Ready to get started, Apollo? By the way, you're with us, so don't get too far ahead."[break][break]

Stormy is aware of the blush across the woman's face and she smiles in spite of it, wordlessly attempting to comfort her with unspoken praise and encouragement.[break][break]

But, ultimately, whether Francie's hand was in hers, Stormy would step across the line and pick a direction in the maze.[break][break]

02uXaUEI

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]

[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
maze runner [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 20:32:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]A Silph that wanted to hold her hand?! She was pretty sure would die if she took his hand. So the fact that Stormy had offered to take it and even wanted it had Francie a bit frozen in place.

But she had a job to do! Focus Franny!

It was like was in her head, and it had her standing up straight and giving an excited nod, motioning toward the maze and shrugging her shoulders as if she didn't care or know either way about the whole hand thing.

"If it makes you more comfortable, I'm not against holding hands, and I haven't had a fever in the past two weeks or anything, so, um, I wash my hands too..."

Rambling over, Francie followed Stormy into the maze and smiled. Within the stone walls, the smell of dirt and other earthy tones, Francie relaxed. Even her hand holding had less tension in it. She relaxed her shoulders and looked over the rapidash with near awe.

"I've always liked the darker manes of the shiny... is that um, is that bad?"

Not that fire types were her thing, but, to each their own! Right??

- roll total 17/200

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
maze runner [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 22:10:11 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

For a moment, Stormy merely watched Francie's jumble of emotions jump to the surface. Although the woman is admittedly good at hiding her inner monologue, there's a considerable pause in her response that insinuates she might be overwhelmed. At first, Stormy takes that as a sign to not hold her hand, that, maybe, it might insult or intimidate her.[break][break]

But it soon comes to be that Francie is merely bashful about it. And, because of that, Stormy erupts into laughter, admittedly blushing in response to Francie's rambling and stumbling over her words. She holds out her hand and swiftly snags the woman's hand without further hesitation. With an affectionate squeeze, she leads them into the start of the maze.[break][break]

Of course, it turns out they wind up immediately at a dead end. Apollo snorts with surprise as the wall that he thought would disappear merely stayed where it was. Time to backtrack.[break][break]

"I'm just making sure I don't lose you, that's all."[break][break]

She winks, but Francie soon changes the subject to Apollo's mane. At the mention of his appearance, the stallion swivels his ears back to be at attention. It seems he's flattered, which prompts another laugh from Stormy.[break][break]

"Not at all! He's quite proud of his new look - too proud, probably. Thinks he's royalty, I bet."[break][break]

GZXM5S2Z

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
maze runner [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 22:24:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"He should feel that way though! Just look at him. He's like, like, like one of those nightmare stallions from Galar."

While she's not a girl that believes in all the fairy tales she reads, she does in fact read them, and her imagination takes the better of her, as usual.

"I really love the color mixture. At night, it looks like smoke, and it's so cool. Like ghosty fire smoke."

Francie used her free hand to wiggle her fingers in the air, as if trying to be spooky. Which, it would appear like a whimsicott trying to be spooky. What a laugh.

Although it would seem the longer route, the one Stormy was going down was definitely the safer route. Other twists and turns would have lead them to a water challenge, or even her rampardos'. But so far, so good, so safe... and they were still holding hands.

Why was that so cool to Francie?? Because she's real simple.

- roll total 51/200

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
maze runner [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 17:22:09 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"He's handsome, that's for sure!"[break][break]

Apollo seems genuinely flattered to have been compared to a 'nightmare stallion from Galar', as seen by the way his gait changes to be more regal. He picks up his hooves and seems to prance even at his slow walk.[break][break]

Stormy watches him for a moment while Francie muses over how incredible his colouring is. There's a warm smile on her face and she gives the woman's hand another squeeze.[break][break]

"You're right! It does look like ghostly fire smoke. How cool is that?"[break][break]

As for the path she's taking, she is completely oblivious to the fact that they're taking the longer path - or that they're even taking the safe route. She is merely enjoying herself and her company.[break][break]

"So, Francie, right? I don't know if we've ever met before, have you always lived in Hoenn?"[break][break]

FGGoKQdq

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
maze runner [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 1:13:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Stormy's cool exterior makes Francie as uneasy as it does comfortable. There's something about the girl, and the squeezing of Francie's hand, that calms Francie down. She feels less nervous and, finally, she feels more herself. Like she's not going to somehow embarrass herself in front of yet another Silph.

"Super cool."

Francie's short laugh at herself, and at how cute Apollo was being, only stops when she's asked about her relationship with the region.

"I'm from Kanto, but, I've been in and out of Hoenn for a few years now... it's, it's all really complicated, but I'm here to stay this time around."

Nothing could tare her from this region now, and this determination of hers stems from it. Along with the pride of her gym.

- roll total 67/200

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
maze runner [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 1:24:58 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

They run into another dead end and she can't help but let a nervous chuckle escape. She knew she was directionally challenged, but seriously? Apollo didn't seem overly concerned about going the right way. In fact, he was quite preoccupied snagging any and all shred of foliage he could get his teeth on. [break][break]

He was mouthy, what can I say?[break][break]

"From Kanto? Me too!"[break][break]

Though she blushes immediately because... obviously she's from Kanto. Her last name is literally from the biggest family in Kanto.[break][break]

"I understand complicated... too much, I think."[break][break]

She sounds wistful but it's one part truth and one part concern that she might very well be actually lost in this maze.[break][break]

8Hzm47Sb

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
maze runner [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 12:42:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]knowing that somebody else understand complicated helps francie relax. she's not particularly one to dwell on these sorts of things, but, with the weight of stormy's tone francie can't help but figure that the girl understands her in some light.

or perhaps it's wishful francie thinking.

either way, she they do make it down a correct path, although it leads to a dead in, francie tugs at stormy to stand still and gives a small click for apollo to get his attention. it's a long enough stall, and the floor underneath their feet begins to descend. once lowered enough, the ceiling closes, and all light is lost to them--save that ghostly fire mane.

"welcome to the half way point! or less, you'll never really know until we finish! um... well, you've already got apollo's mane so, that'll be super easy. anyway, find the exit and you'll get the stone badge! but hurry, cause, that time limit."

- roll total 160/200

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
maze runner [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 21:09:15 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Stormy makes a noise of surprise, not complaint, when Francie tugs at her hand to encourage her to stop. And, at the click of her tongue even Apollo comes to a halt, turning his neck around to watch the young woman with renewed curiosity.[break][break]

He makes a noise of complaint as the ground shifts and they lower into complete darkness. He stomps the ground nervously, clearly not a big fan of the dark. But he remains still as Stormy muses over this next part of the maze.[break][break]

"Well this is just cool, isn't it? Here, Francie. I'm sure you're tired. I'll lift you onto Apollo's back. He rides smooth, and he's gentle, so don't worry about falling off. I'm here too, so don't worry."[break][break]

Stormy, in turn, would gently tug Francie closer to her and offer to help the young woman onto Apollo's warm back.[break][break]

If she agreed, or if she didn't, the result would be the same in that Stormy would encourage Apollo forward and his burning mane and tail and legs would guide them further into the dark, and with renewed fervor at Francie's warning about the time limit.[break][break]

4v6b|l5s

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
maze runner [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2020 14:15:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Francie got so giddy she might have exploded internally a little bit.

"OhmygoodnessIwouldloveto!"

Riding horseback, was admittedly, a secret love of hers. But there were no rock horses, so she settled for riding her dinosaurs and typically Nicky her onix.

Either way, she excitedly got on the stallion and grinned as they were ushered forward at a decent pace. Such a decent pace, that when they made their way through a few lucky turns, there was light at the end of the tunnel. With the climb of a small incline, they would surface at Petalburg Gym's battle arena.

Francie threw her hands in the air in victory and grinned.

"Congratulations Stormy and Apollo, you did it! We're across the finish line in the time limit!"

Once Apollo came to a slow, even if they rode around for a bit as a victory lap, Francie dismounted at the podium that held the Stone Badge within.

A quick retina scan, the case opened, Francie took one of the badges, and then she turned and faced Stormy as the case behind her automatically closed and locked.

"Here's your Stone Badge, Stormy. You deserve it! The bond you have with your pokemon, it's like they're apart of you, and I'm so proud that you're going to be continuing your journey and remaining strong. Even in the complicated stuff."

- roll total 258/200

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
maze runner [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2020 17:23:13 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Stormy laughs, a loud, genuine explosion of delight in response to Francie's explosion of excitement. It warms her to the core and she is happy to oblige.[break][break]

And it appears that Apollo chooses the perfect path, chasing what might be a breeze. He swishes his tail as they make it up the incline, and one the light of day breaks through the darkness, Stormy blinks her eyes to adjust.[break][break]

Apollo and Francie, of course, do a few victory laps because there's nothing the stallion enjoys more than showing off and being praised. And Francie is such a fantastic rider that he's thrilled to keep her just a bit longer.[break][break]

In fact, the moment she slides off of his back he follows her to the retina scan, not leaving her side. When she comes to a halt next to Stormy to deliver the badge, the Rapidash is eager to tickle her cheek and neck with his velvety nose, pushing roughly but with interest.[break][break]

"Apollo! So pushy!"[break][break]

She clicks her tongue in pretend to chastise.[break][break]

But she quickly turns her attention back to Francie and the badge she is presenting, and she's careful to be thankful, a blush settling on her cheeks as Francie smothers her in praise. [break][break]

"Oh my goodness, Francie, you're too kind! Apollo and I weren't always this close, he was a bit of a jerk back in the day. So was I, I suppose."[break][break]

Without really thinking about it, she tugs Francie into a warm hug (literally, because Stormy's body temperature is permanently really high), pulling away to accept the badge and giggle.[break][break]

"Even in the complicated stuff. We've got the world in our hands, Francie, we just have to be bold enough to take it."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
maze runner [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2020 14:43:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Bold enough to take it...

Francie repeats the phrase to herself internally, over and over, while having accepted the hug and giggled at the attention of the rapidash. There is a lot of truth in that, a truth that Francie usually avoids.

While in battle and in most of life Francie is bold, when it came to her relationships, she was not bold. She liked to be reserved. She wanted to be swept off of her feet, but she typically picked to crush on people that wouldn't ever be bold enough to ask her out first. Or even make the first move!

"You're right."

The resolve in her tone is intimidating, but perhaps not to Stormy, but mostly to herself.

"Our life is ours to mold, we just have to be brave enough to take steps... you've taught me today, as well, Stormy... can um, I mean--"

No! They just talked about this, she could be bold!

"Would it be okay if like, we hung out outside of the gym? I mean, I'm asking, if you want to be friends... like, shopping or something?"

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
maze runner [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2020 15:01:26 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

As big as Stormy's words are, she too found it hard to be as bold as she wanted to be - especially in romantic endeavors. She often waited for someone to be the one to come sweep her off her feet, confess their feelings, make her swoon. But where had that gotten her, exactly?[break][break]

Perhaps it was time for the both of them to be the bigger man, to make their love interests swoon.[break][break]

She's lost in the thought for a moment until Francie brings her back with her thought out, anxious tone. Stormy's eyebrows crease together in worry and she considers reaching out to hug her again. Did she say something wrong?[break][break]

"Shopping?" there's surprise in her tone. "Yes? Of course? Are you busy right now? My treat!"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay