awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Overthinking [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 22:10:02 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
Isra as always, comes as late as the gym will allow her. The closer it is to night the safer it is for travel especially with the onset of summer. The idea of the indoor maze is readily appealing given the reach of the rays of her keeper. The woman wastes no time once in the building, but takes her time signing up for the maze challenge nonetheless.

There is nothing suspicious in the name she gives, after all Isra Nightingale has been the night assistant of for quite some time now. She sees no need to have another name. Once the papers are complete Isra is left to wait for the leader of the gym to arrive.

She stands calm an curious, eyes canning the gym, hands folded in front of her. Her perfect posture does not waver beneath the too big shawl. There is a tapping of her index fingers that one could take either excitement or impatience and both would easily be correct.

sorry for the delay! had to sleep for work an just hadn't been on since.
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Overthinking [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 22:26:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]This time around, it is only Lyonel, her midnight form lycanroc, that partners Francie. She usually has Louie at her side, but this gym experience was going to happen in the evening and her lycanroc had walked with her because she's that girl and she doesn't much like being alone.

Once she's out of the office, after being paged into the main room, she enters and gives the receptionist her thanks before watching her walk out. Her eyes fall on Isra and she feels a small moment of panic.

The woman that keeps Fernando's life in tip top shape; so she's been told.

"Good evening miss Nightingale."

Admittedly, Francie's already fighting a yawn.

"Over here, if you please, is the beginning of the challenge. You're not permitted any damage type moves, as it is a status move only zone. Use of a damaging type move will cause immediate disqualification. I'm to accompany you through the maze and must cross the finish line with you in order for you to pass the challenge."

Moving over to the beginning of the maze, the stone wall begins to separate and reveals a choice of three pathways to begin her maze journey.

"The timer starts when you and your pokemon compatriot cross one of these starting lines. Are you ready?"

- roll total 0/200
you may begin rolling!

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Overthinking [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 23:07:45 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
"Isra, please." she states. "I'm only refered to as Miss Nightingale when in the office." the smile is gentle, the warmth half there. She's gotten better at pretending lately. "Unless you would prefer such formalities Miss Myrtle." she's following the young lady as she moves to the entrance of the maze.

If she's off put by the rules of the maze the woman does not show it. A tap of the pokeball attached the strap of her bag releases the seafoam green noivern she has chosen for the challenge. He stretches his wings wide and the pokemon's shoulders roll as if it just now waking. The bat dragon chatters before turning to the dark haired woman and then the other.

Isra whistles, the familiar tug of her pokemon's telepathy worms into her mind and settles there, before both make their decision in tandem. They enter the middle path with the bat crawling on his belly across the floor of the maze and the click of Isra's heals aouncing her presence as always.

The niovern then reaches too, for Francie's mind, tugging her along mentally to move with them.

K19Jj5o3
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Overthinking [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 23:30:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"Erm, yeah, okay, you win. Isra it is-- oh my goodness! He's gorgeous! O-Or she! Whoa, wait, hang on--"

Francie watches as they enter and can feel something tug on her brain. Wow she never thought that she would feel anything remotely close to that and it has her curious. That part of her brain that got tugged, her purposed to say yes to it. However it was she managed that, was more thought related, but Francie was a very verbal person and found herself curiously asking about it as she walked with them into the maze.

"That's amazing! Telepathy, right? I've heard about it, and a few trainers I knew had it in their arsenal as well. Made battling them a real pain in the you know what, too."

Her mind traveled to , who had telepathy with his beheeyem, and that made him terribly annoying to deal with. On top of his frequent reflect and light screen... what a pain.

- roll total 16/200

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Overthinking [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 23:49:36 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
Isra chuckles softly. "He. Unless you and me need to have a talk Seth." she eyes the noivern, continuing to crawl ahead of them on his belly. He rattles his wings at her, the pull on her mind makes her chuckle and even Francie will feel it faintly, as if the pokemon would sass her for the comment had he been human.

The bat turns a corner and Isra follows, keeping an eye on francie to be sure she is keeping up. At least the young blond is chatty. "And yes, Telepathy. The uses in and out of battle are quite remarkable." Isra enjoys the utility behind it herself. "Safe to assume your experience with it is limited?" she enquires as they walk, given the typing of the gym, it does not surprise her.

p|pYB8Gl
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Overthinking [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2020 0:15:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"Oh, it absolutely is. I've never experienced it other than just now. It's amazing... I think it takes a special kind of bond to really be able to hold the telepathy."

She's not particularly envious. Now, the daydreaming of course comes into play. If her aerodactyl Tilly had that kind of ability, it'd be amazing! But then again, Tilly's rock head ability comes in handy for how reckless Tilly is and how her rage usually leads her to using moves with massive recoil damage... which is perfectly fine with Francie.

Francie does not lag behind as they walk, keeping next to Isra and behind Seth as they traverse the maze. They're taking thus far the route taken is safe, but who is to say what lies beyond the corners as they turn?

- roll total 53/200

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Overthinking [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2020 8:00:00 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
Isra pauses a moment to muse over the words.

"I suppose it might, for most." she can't say she felt that way with her own pokemon. She eyes the scuttling creature in front of him as he stops and peers around the corners of the maze. He sniffs the air, tilts his head back at her and snorts before moving on. f her noiverns Seth is easily the most relaxed. They have never had trouble holding the collection.

Though a part of her wonders if that would be the same for the others. "I believe the temperament of the pokemon helps as well." Sophia for example, was far more strong willed. Isra could see her over powering a human mind with ease in her rage and fury. It was enough to leave a hint of a grin on her lips.

She wonders which of the two the maze is more like, Seth or Sophia.

zCmfGV1b

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Overthinking [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 15:05:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Francie thinks that over for a moment. Temperament has a lot to do with it... huh. That made a lot of sense.

"It's a rare experience when I learn something on like this during a gym challenge. Thanks for explaining it to me."

Once they turn, there is a decline and into the decline leads a terrible abyss. It's pitch black, and yet, Francie moves forward to encourage the two challengers; Isra and her noivern.

"This is the half way point. From here on, you'll be in darkness. You may use a status move to illuminate your path, or your pokemon's own physical attributes. However, if you have access to neither, you may use a device, if you have one."

If not, they'd venture through the darkness blind, and that was simply how the maze worked.

's roll total 90/200

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; color:#DEA02C!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 10px; text-align:center; margin-bottom: -10px;[/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Overthinking [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2020 22:19:23 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
"You're quite welcome, hopefully you'll get to feel it for yourself with time. It's a worthy endeavor I think." Isra says with a nod, slowing to a stop at the beginning of the decline, her bat is half way down into the shadows and waiting or them.

His wings rattle, he chitters, a pleasant sound for he is delighted to be in his element. The woman can only grin as she hold her hand out to the woman next to her. "We will be using none of those, but it may be best you use my hand. This may get a little dizzying."

Seth twists and trills as he scurries down the incline and into the dark. The noises come in waves, the pokemons natural ability to echolocate allowing him to see the darkness in a way most never might. The vague impression of it moves through the telepathis connection, using it to guide the pair through the dark.

Isra of course, will only step forward into it if Francie is willing to hold her hand, to be sure she doesn't get lost in the dark or lost in her mind trying to follow the noivern's call.

sdKpISkY

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Overthinking [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2020 17:20:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Francie's so okay with holding hands it's unsettling.

She takes Isra's hand in a near jump of joy and grins. Seeing such a thing, within her own mind, is marveling. This entire experience and this person beside her, her pokemon, it's an experience that Francie will not soon be forgetting.

"I keep finding myself in awe. Nobody's quite taken the challenge like this, and I'm relieved by it. Experiencing new things like this, it's amazing. And beautiful, to say the least."

She scan see why has Isra as his secretary, even if only in the evenings. She's a very capable woman and, in some ways, Francie is astounded that she hadn't thought of echolocation as a means to get through this place before now.

's roll total 134/200

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; color:#DEA02C!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 10px; text-align:center; margin-bottom: -10px;[/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Overthinking [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2020 0:04:34 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
If Isra were aybody else she might have thought Francie's enthusiasm adorable. Instead she's more indifferent about it tha anything else as their hands come together to ensure the young woman makes it through the dark of the maze with her. "I'm quite surprised, I would have thought someone else would produce such a tactic by now." Isra muses alloud.

Sometimes the womn forgets herself and the world she interacts with, because to her it seems like such an easy answer to follow the call in her head given by her noivern. His chitters in the distance create a map of the dark terrain, navigating the pathways with ease. It makes her grin in the dark. Despite being unable to see anything Isra does not find herself afraid.

"How are you holding up?" she squeezes the other woman's hand gently, as if to reassure her of nothing in particular.

4dY6mn7c

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Overthinking [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2020 16:42:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","smooth"]
[attr="class","smoothw"]

"I'm okay!"[break][break]

Francie gives Isra an excited sort of smile as she feels her hand squeezed. They're nearing the end, just a bit more. They can see the light from the arena above them, and an incline leading up into the battle arena that held the podium with the Stone Badge.[break][break]

"I think I'm a little tired from the day, and a whole lot of excited to try and find a rock pokemon that can do this. I'm... I'm sure it'll be like, in the future. Not aware of any current rockies that can do it, y'know?"[break][break]

As she contemplates, she ascends into the battle arena with Isra.

[attr="class","smoothtag"]
's roll total is 192/200

[attr="class","smoothpokes"]

[newclass=.smooth] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .3px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.smooth b] color: #e7a000; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.smooth a] text-decoration: none; color: #e7a000; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.smooth h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.smooth h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #e7a000; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.smoothtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.smoothtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.smoothnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.smoothnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #e7a000; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.smoothnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #e7a000; [/newclass]

[newclass=.smoothw] padding: 40px; background: #2e2e2e; [/newclass]

[newclass=.smooth span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.smoothpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #e7a000; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.smoothpokes img] margin: -5px; padding-bottom: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Overthinking [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2020 5:53:38 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
"Good." Isra nods despite the darkness. Habits.

Threy tread closer to what she assumes is the end, and the other woman continues to speak. She rifles through pages in her mind but they come up empty of anything useful. Instead she asks "Are there any other types you enjoy the company of?"

Her eyes are on the blond when they emerge into the light, curious as to what might come of a rock type that knew telepahy. It's almosy a shame she can't think of a one that does. Surely it ould be possible if one of them thought about it hard enough?

Or perhaps that was the problem. Rocks don't exacty think now do they?

"But yes, I think I do. The telepathy doesn't help, it can be quite tiring."

tGSsQaqf

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Overthinking [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2020 14:25:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","smooth"]
[attr="class","smoothw"]

Francie supposed there were no rock-types with telepathy, since Isra didn't mention any. Or perhaps her question had been missed. Either way, she simply let it roll off of her back like a ducklett too oblivious for their own good.[break][break]

"I suppose it would be really taxing to have somebody else in your head all the time. I mean, just me in my head can get really tiring sometimes... or like, all the time."[break][break]

Something like a nervous, self-depreciating giggle was giving before Francie saw the light from the incline leading them out. She could walk on her own now, and released Isra's hand to jog ahead of them.[break][break]

"But in other news, congratulations! Isra, you and your noivern have made it to the end of the maze!!"[break][break]

While they emerged, Francie made her way up to the podium holding the stone badges and plucked one from it after passing security checks with her retinas. It locked behind her as she turned to offer the badge up to Isra.[break][break]

"Please enjoy, and, thank you. You've opened my eyes to possibilities in my personal team that aren't just rock types. I really appreciate that! Suppose I can be as stubborn as a rock sometimes, set in my own traditions. So, I appreciate the difference in view you've shown me, Isra."

[attr="class","smoothtag"]
completed the gym challenge! feel free to submit for completion

[attr="class","smoothpokes"]

[newclass=.smooth] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .3px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.smooth b] color: #e7a000; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.smooth a] text-decoration: none; color: #e7a000; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.smooth h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.smooth h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #e7a000; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.smoothtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.smoothtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.smoothnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.smoothnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #e7a000; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.smoothnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #e7a000; [/newclass]

[newclass=.smoothw] padding: 40px; background: #2e2e2e; [/newclass]

[newclass=.smooth span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.smoothpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #e7a000; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.smoothpokes img] margin: -5px; padding-bottom: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Overthinking [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2020 21:36:53 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
They emerge and Francie has already run off to retrieve the badge that Isra and her noivern seemed to have earned by navigating the maze. Isra has a hard time finding what it was about the endeavor that would have truly earned her it, even after the woman expresses her feelings on the matter of how Isra made it through the maze.

Perhaps it is, as the case often is, a difference in perspective. Though she does not voice that idea alloud. It is something she'll muse over in the coming days. "Thank you for the opportunity, though I feel we may have completed it a little too easily it was a wonderful opportunity to explore my Noivern's potential iin such a situation. It is a pleasure to have made it to the end and get the chance to show you our chosen tactic."

Her hand lays on her chest and the half bow is one of would be gratitude. Isra reaches to take the badge she seems to have earned. Another to place upon the strap of the messanger bag that hangs from her shoulder. The Noivern's wings rattle and he chitter with pride.

>>Gonna sumbit, thank you for the wonderful gym thread <3