park patrol, [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
park patrol, [m]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 2:22:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]No, Abner didn't start the fire.

But, Abner did know that the fire was a means to draw all of the security close to the park to the park so that there could be a discreet movement of some shady individuals. The fire was getting a little more out of control than had originally been planned and because of that, they'd had to call in some rangers.

"Yeah, yeah! I'll brief 'em!"

Abner slammed the door closed of the security box. He didn't have on the security guard uniform this time around. Instead, he was wearing a suit. Because it was casual Friday, bitches. Either way, he made his way to where they said the ranger would be landing soon, to brief them quickly before they headed off to the fire.

Imagine his surprise, and devilish grin, when Stormy Silph was the one to descend.

"Damn girl, we keep running into each other and I'm gonna start thinkin' you've got a crush on me."

Translation: pls crush him.

- fire force mission

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; color:#765D75!important; letter-spacing: .3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 10px; text-align:center; margin-bottom: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
park patrol, [m]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 2:32:45 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
What had been a supposed campfire in the park had turned sour. This was why there was a temporary fire ban, people. So that idiots who can't control the height of the flames wouldn't set the whole goddamn place on fire.

Too late, I guess.

Stormy gets the call and she's already on her way - as usual. It doesn't take her long to arrive, already halfway dismounted from her black Charizard before a familiar voice beckons to her. He's crude in his approach and it makes her catch her breath and blink in disgruntled surprise. Maybe even a bit of disgust? Did he really just use the phrase 'damn girl'?

"Excuse me?"

It takes her a moment to recognise him. After all, she hadn't exactly gotten a good look the first time they'd met. It was dark, she distinctly remembered a flashlight in her eyeballs, and a couple of explosions. Not a great mix for remembering specific faces. That and he's dressed in a flattering suit and she's momentarily distracted by it all.

Fortunately, the fire in the park and the shouting of other rangers landing was enough to bring her back.

"Officer Kipling, always a pleasure. Mind telling me what the situation is, or are you planning on staring all day?"

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; color:#765D75!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 10px; text-align:center; margin-bottom: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
park patrol, [m]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 15:17:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"I'd rather just be staring at you all day."

Somehow Abner doesn't come off as a total creep when he says as much, making eyes toward the fire and not focusing his gaze on Stormy.

"The wild fire's a battle gone nuclear. We've controlled it in a central area, but the pokemon that caused it won't listen to it's trainer."

Looking to Stormy then, Abner gives a grin that's more menacing than it should have been.

"It's a good thing we've got you, huh? Supposed to be something of a fire pokemon whisperer, right?"

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; color:#765D75!important; letter-spacing: .3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 10px; text-align:center; margin-bottom: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
park patrol, [m]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2020 2:02:57 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
She does a double-take, glancing at him with warmth creeping into her cheeks at his forward comment. He's not looking at her when she goes to study his face and read whatever intent he may have had behind his words. She finds nothing and she isn't sure if that intrigues her more or unsettles her. She chooses to swallow it, whatever it is, and move on.

"What Pokemon is it?"

Her eyes narrow as she stares into the fire. She can see several Blastoise and Swampert hard at work battling back flames. Mud is sprayed, hydro pumps pouring into the heart of the flames. But it seems as though there's a source - a Pokemon encouraging the flame and feeding it despite everyone else's attempts to slow it.

But she isn't sure she can make out the culprit. It vaguely resembles a Houndoom, perhaps. It wouldn't surprise her, but was it truly capable of such firepower? Just who did this beast belong to?

Unfortunately, her train of thought is put on hold as she finds herself involuntarily exhaling in surprise at Abner's following comment. Was he flattering her?

"Something like that."

She clears her throat, avoiding direct eye contact with the man as she decides to roll up her metaphorical sleeves (because she doesn't wear sleeves) and brave the flames. Wadjet takes off to fly above, fanning the worst of it away from her trainer. Someone douses the woman in water to help her fight the flames as well, much to her chagrin.

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; color:#765D75!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 10px; text-align:center; margin-bottom: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
park patrol, [m]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 14:05:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Watching Stormy brave flames doesn't surprise Abner in the slightest. Why? Because she's Stormy Silph. The girl who's managed to take the region by storm(get it?). She doesn't typically show that she gives two shits about anything. Really, Abner admires that she's able to be so cut throat even when it comes to being in the league. She doesn't care about the legalities, only her own goals, even if they aren't particularly 'selfish' in nature.

Why does he know all of this? Because between the time he'd seen her last and the time he was seeing her now, he'd done his freakin' research and gotten himself intrigued. Stealing Stormy Silph would be a hell of a SSS rank mission(get it?).

In the midst of the flames was not only a houndoom, but a bundle of eggs as well. Apparently momma was trying to keep them nice and toasty and having a hell of a time doing so. With a little snooping and threatening people with his ever so charming glares, Abner managed to get the full story.

Disagreeing breeders. They were supposed to exchange eggs, apparently some eggs had gone missing, and now they were in a dispute about who took who's eggs. They claimed it caused the houndoom enough unease and stress that she took to defending her eggs, and her mate helped them. A very angry male houndoom.

The fire was controlled enough that the houndooms could be approached, but only because they'd managed to get the male to faint. The female wasn't looking too hot either, but at least Stormy would have more ease approaching it now.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
park patrol, [m]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 15:26:03 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
Water evaporates easily off of her exposed skin, but the buffer is well received. It appears that, upon entering the wall of fire, there's a haggard and stressed female Houndoom at the center of it. The female is breathing heavily, standing over a bundle of eggs that may or may not have had a 'for sale' sign. If it had, it's long since been turned to ash.

Another Houndoom lays nearby, fainted. Several water-type Pokemon are advancing slowly, careful not to put too much pressure on the anxious mama.

In fact, it ends up being Stormy who calms the situation. The flames don't reach her and her super calm composure is startling and relieving for the Houndoom mama. The poor hound's entire body is trembling with the effort of her fight and she ultimately gives in to the woman's gentle touch and soothing words.

The flames die down all at once, embers put out by the remaining water-type Pokemon on duty. But there's still a crime to be had here, and Stormy lifts her head from cradling the Houndoom to gesture to the two men still arguing.

"Officer Kipling, it might be a good idea to put those two in custody for the time being. Get this whole thing sorted out. There's supposed to be protocol for breeder exchanges, and this definitely wasn't it."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
park patrol, [m]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 15:59:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"You heard her."

With a simple wave of his hand, the officers do as they are asked. It's little effort, since both of the breeders apparently feel bad for having somehow started the whole thing anyway.

All Abner can think is that, some poor detective sap is gonna have a hell of a fun time trying to figure that shit out. Won't be him, anyway. He's just ground patrol.

As he approaches, a few officers are taking the eggs into the correct custody, but they're also taking the houndoom mama with them, to be sure to keep her calm and happy, carrying daddy along with her. The whole family together.

Damn wouldn't they make a pretty penny though? He sort of wished he had enough cover to steal the male. Clearly he had a fight in him.

"Always wanted a houndour. Never managed the luck to find one."

The comment is offhand and barely above a whisper, but he quickly cycles the conversation back to Stormy.

"Thanks for you help, Silphette. Fear that would've been a bigger pain in my ass if you and the power rangers hadn't shown up and helped out."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
park patrol, [m]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 16:06:26 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
The cleanup is quick and efficient. The officers step in to confiscate the Pokemon and the eggs and she's left to stand up on her own and dust off her pants. Rather than join his comrades, however, Abner chooses to join her at her side again - and she can't shake the prickling feeling of crackling anticipation whenever he draws near.

She glances at him as he uses a pet name, 'Silphette'. It causes an instinctive reaction to her face, brows raising.

"Silphette? Just Stormy is fine, officer."

But she finds herself following the tail end of the exhausted mama and papa Houndoom. She crosses her arms and sighs.

"They're incredible Pokemon, I have one myself. But they're a handful if you aren't careful with them. More headstrong than your average Arcanine - even though they're about half the size."

She shifts her weight, bringing her attention back to Abner more directly.

"Sure, I'm more than happy to lend a hand where it's needed. I'm only a phone call away - usually."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
park patrol, [m]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 13:58:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Abner's eyes slowly trail the houndooms and their eggs, thoughts on an attack dog still circling around his head. It'd be a lot of work, unless he somehow managed to get one pre-trained. Oh, wouldn't that be so much better?

He was sure rocket had something like that lying around, right?

"Sure, sure, no Silphette, got it."

Abner's response is so lax that the effect sometimes worked like the move yawn. He pulled his phone from his pocket, the one lacking rocket contacts, and held it out for Stormy to take.

"Put yourself in there then, Storm."

If they were going for more personalized names, then Abner could come up with something pretty good. He was the king of nicknames. , or Domb the Bomb as Abner often called him, was proof of that.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
park patrol, [m]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 16:17:35 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
Stormy regards him a moment longer, oddly amused by the lazy way he interacted and otherwise carried himself. He's interesting, and she finds herself drawn to it like a moth to flame.

But then he's holding out his phone and she's hesitating, visibly shocked. While she had offered - she had more accurately assumed the police station already had her number, or had access to it via contact with the rangers. It hadn't occurred to her that he might actually want her number.

This wasn't weird, right?

"Oh? Alright."

She adds her name to his list of other contacts, keeping it as simple as 'Stormy Silph'. She passes it back.

"Now... don't get any ideas, alright?"

But she winks.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
park patrol, [m]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 16:27:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Talk about shocked, Abner damn near kissed her right then and there with a wink like that. Only reason he didn't, was because they were in a professional setting and the last time he randomly kissed a citizen he got reprimanded for it during his lunch hour.

His lunch hour, his time of peace, squandered and wasted by a lecture about public decency while on the job.

Needless to say, his pent up want to give that winking Silph a kiss was barred, for the time being. He pushed the desire down, to have a go at it when they were in a more private setting.

That didn't stop his grin, though, as he took the device back from her. He looked it over before changing the name to 'Storm' because it would be easier to speak-call later on. Or speak-text. He was lazy, and used things like that to avoid picking up his device.

"Don't get any ideas... with a gesture like that, I'm gettin' ideas, Storm."

Letting the smirk linger, it grew to a grin as he thought on something. Why the hell not offer the girl a date? Least she could do was turn him down and he wasn't the type that took those badly. He just shrugged when turned down most of the time. Their loss, really.

"How's this for an idea. You and I go catch a flick and eat something tonight?"

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
park patrol, [m]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 16:40:57 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
Oh no.

She had winked and the grin on his face was telling - she had overstepped and given him ideas. It warrants an involuntary blush as she chuckles nervously.

"I--"

But ultimately she comes up with nothing good to say, people are watching (kind of) and, while they really pay them no mind, Stormy has no intention of drawing attention to herself. Especially not now that she's embarrassed and flustered.

The feeling only worsens when he opts to ask her out. He's confident, cheeky, and she's overwhelmed.

"What happened to 'no ideas'?"

She's smiling as she shakes her head.

"Depends on the movie."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
park patrol, [m]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 17:06:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]It wasn't a no! Abner's grin remains as he watches her get flustered and confused. Why she's getting that way he doesn't know, or care to know, not at the moment. One step at a time, after all.

"Whatever movie you want. I haven't been to the cinemas recently, so. I mean, I haven't seen any of what's out."

Basically, ball was in her court. Though, he did notice she was a little overwhelmed with everything that was happening and if he were a proper gentlemen he would give her space and tell her no pressure and allow her the option of saying no.

But Abner's not that guy. He's impatient in these sorts of situations and is eagerly awaiting a response, grin placed, eyes fixed on her and purposing not to glide down her body...in public.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
park patrol, [m]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 22:15:23 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
"Hmmm..."

Stormy studies his face a moment as she thinks, perhaps trying to perceive if he's being serious or just coy. But he's still smiling and it's making her feel warm and overwhelmed.

He seems.. genuine, at least somewhat. Pushing her with only subtlety to make a decision on a movie.

"I'm sure there's an action movie or something to see..."

She can't help but return the smile he gives her, watching to see his reaction.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
park patrol, [m]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 22:36:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"It's a date."

Abner doesn't give her the chance to back out, now. He pocketed his device before nodding toward the rangers who were waiting for her to wrap things up so they could go write reports and finish out this little mission.

"Best get going, though. We can text details. What to eat, before or after, which action movie, and all that."

What an interesting turn of events. He had Stormy Silph in his fucking pocket now... er, well, more like, he had a plan to get her into his pocket. Hook, line, and sinker? That was a different story.