Stormy Silph
gorilla glue [m]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 4:23:33 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheaderbig"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

Stormy had been called in to investigate a situation on Mt. Pyre. Apparently a group of wild Oranguru had stolen pokeballs from people visiting the graves at the top of the peak and were essentially beating the crap out of these poor, grieving trainers. [break][break]

It all sounded bizarre and strange, and the situation hadn't been solved for the better part of the day. Which is why she showed up late and covered in dirt. She had been otherwise busy with her own chores, it seemed.[break][break]

Wadjet sets her down at the top of the makeshift staircase of... mountain. Stormy can only see so much from where she's standing, but the unmistakable head of white hair is hard to miss. This didn't seem at all the type of scene Lance would be involved in. It was way too tame.[break][break]

She gives the Charizard a solid pat before approaching, brushing her hands on her pants to shake off some of the dirt.[break][break]

"You're telling me Lance Vollans hasn't been able to rectify this situation? I'm gobsmacked."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: i wanna be like you-oo-oo

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]

[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
gorilla glue [m]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 16:22:15 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]"how about a trade, yeah? this delicious berry for that useless ball you got there."

lance holds a wonderful custap berry in his hand, tossing it up and down as if that would make it more desirable. the oranguru sat opposite him shakes its head in response and clutches the pokeball closer to its chest, protecting it like a prized possession. it then sticks its hand out and shakes it up and down.

"no, i'm not playing rock paper scissors with you, and you know why?" lance taps his temple. "because it won't be fair. i know you can read my mind. i didn't take you for a cheater, oranguru. i'm disappointed."

the oranguru huffs just as a voice pipes up from behind them. lance turns to meet a familiar face and it's one that brings a smile to his face.

"i was working on it before you showed up and ruined my negotiation. i was getting close." the oranguru shakes its head and laughs mockingly. lance only sighs in response. "it wants to play rock paper scissors and the winner gets to keep the pokeball. and this, i guess." he holds up the custap berry.

[newclass=.lancepost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lancepost b]color:#dea02c;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
gorilla glue [m]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 18:47:07 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

Is he... negotiating? With a Pokemon?[break][break]

She stares, dumbfounded, at the exchange between man and beast. The Oranguru clutches the Pokeball to its chest, however, clearly unwilling to part with such a precious object. She can't say she blames em.[break][break]

The woman crosses her arms as she comes to stand next to Lance, the quizzical look she gives him melts into amusement when he smiles. [break][break]

"Ruined your negotiation - my apologies. By all means, please continue."[break][break]

She bows a little, taking a step back to let him continue doing whatever it is he was trying to do. Rock paper scissors? Were they children? Stormy is mildly put off by the entire display. If she had her way, she would have just used brute strength to put these Pokemon in their place.[break][break]

"Aren't they psychic-types? They'll know what gesture you'll pick. That's cheating."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]

[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
gorilla glue [m]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 5:49:28 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]some would call lance a fool (and some have) for trying to negotiate with the oranguru but he doesn't see it that way. pokemon are often restricted by their lack of ability to speak but they are truly intelligent creatures. as someone who speaks to his own pokemon on the regular, he only wishes that they have the ability to respond in tangible words.

but instead they're stuck with simple gestures, like how the oranguru shakes its head at stormy's remark. "you hear that? even she thinks it's cheating. pick another game we can play." it takes a moment to think before pointing at one of the few pokeballs on lance's belt. he glances down and pulls one off. "oh, a wager. i see." 

it seems a tad disrespectful to be battling inside mt pyre but at least there's very few people around to offend. the oranguru calls out a kingler that seems confused by the ordeal but is for whatever reason compelled to listen to the psychic-type. lance calls out his shedinja as he turns to stormy to point to the other oranguru to the side.

"you're going to have to wager that one, stormy. try not to lose, yeah?"

[newclass=.lancepost b]color:#dea02c;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
gorilla glue [m]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 16:02:18 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

Stormy often spoke to her own Pokemon - but the same courtesy was not often given to wild ones. They usually have little to no interest in interacting with humans to begin with, so the option never really presented itself. That, and she wasn't typically a patient person - so taking the time to negotiate with the opposer was considered a waste of her time.[break][break]

Especially now, seeing the little progress Lance had made. The Oranguru were clearly not interested in cooperating, and the people off to the side were desperate to get their Pokemon back. They truly looked horrified, as if they might be reliving their first Pokemon's death. Good god.[break][break]

She's absent minded - thinking of another option - when Lance beckons her back. A wager? She frowns.[break][break]

"Try not to lose - yeah right. I'm hurt that you think so little of me."[break][break]

The second Oranguru brings out a Carkoal. She releases a Palpitoad. The matchup is impossible to muck up.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
gorilla glue [m]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 16:33:17 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]it's not so much that lance thinks little of stormy but he needs the oranguru to believe that this arrangement is fair when it clearly isn't. stormy is an elite four and though the oranguru might possess psychic abilities, it can only do so much against a trained and experienced battler such as herself. if anything, this might be less fair than rock paper scissors. suckers.

"okay, oranguru, if you win, you can have my shedinja. but if i win, you give me the kingler and also leave this place with your friends. do we have a deal?" the oranguru nods its head and seals their wager. "good. i'll let you go first." 

the oranguru orders the kingler to charge. the water-type scurries forward on its four thin legs and when it nears aave, it lunges with its CRABHAMMER and looks to crush the bug-type in its massive claw. the oranguru laugh as its filled with confidence. too bad the attack does nothing.

"oh, what's wrong? you okay there, oranguru?" 

aave floats through the claw and brings its sharp SHADOW CLAW across the kingler's body. it leaves scratches and lance can hear its trainer gasping over to the side. he wishes he could reassure them that it would be fine but this has to be done. kingler tries to retaliate with a HAMMER ARM that just passes through aave's body. the oranguru is fuming as a few more SHADOW CLAWS ends the battle.

lance walks over then, smug as always, and holds his hand out for the pokeball. "a wager is a wager. tough luck."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
gorilla glue [m]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 16:47:27 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

"Same wager as his."[break][break]

She says this out loud because she's sure these Pokemon are sneaky enough to pull a fast one on her if she isn't explicitly clear what her own wager is. [break][break]

For the most part, Stormy pays no real mind to Lance's battle style or situation. She's focused on taking down the Carkoal quickly and efficiently with one well-aimed MUDDY WATER. Not that the Carkoal really put up much fight to begin with. It was far too slow for the Palpitoad.[break][break]

So when both the Kingler and the Carkoal faint, Stormy's hand extends similar to Lance's, asking for the pokeball back. [break][break]

But it looks like the 'wager' isn't quite being honored. The Oranguru are furious that they had so easily been defeated despite their psychic expertise and ability to mind-control and use stolen Pokemon as puppets.[break][break]

"I told you, didn't I? Negotiating with the enemy is almost always a mistake."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
gorilla glue [m]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 17:04:19 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]the oranguru refuse to uphold their end of the wager and hold the pokeballs closer to them. lance exhales his frustrations at the sight of it and crosses his arms over his chest. he furrows his eyebrows at stormy's words but still shakes his head, determined to do it his way.

"we had a wager, oranguru. i'm disappointed." 

and then lance takes another step closer and comes face-to-face with the psychic-type. he clears his throat in leans in real close to whisper something. "look, i'm trying to help you guys out here. you see the woman next to me?" he shifts his eyes over to stormy. "i'll be honest with you: she wants to beat the shit out of you and take the pokemon back by force. but see, i'm your friend here, or at least i'm trying to be, and i want you guys to leave here safe and in one piece. you want that too, don't you?" 

the oranguru narrows its eyes and considers his words very carefully, but ultimately nods. "then give us back the pokemon and leave. please?" with a huff, the psychic-type drops the pokeball in lance's hand and walks away. it motions for the others to do the same, and no matter how much they might disagree, it is their leader and so they must listen. 

lance looks to stormy as the oranguru start to make their departure; a look that's not quite smug but there's still enough there in his smile.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
gorilla glue [m]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 17:13:08 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

Stormy sighs, a roll of her eyes, arms crossed as she waits for Lance to somehow, magically, rectify the situation.[break][break]

And he does, by throwing her under the bus. Or so she assumes by the way his voice drops below her hearing ability, and the sweaty look the Oranguru give her. She can only assume he's informing them of her want to beat the shit out of them - if they hadn't already got the image based on her more violent thoughts.[break][break]

But it works in their favor and the Oranguru relent, pressing pokeballs into her hand that she ultimately tosses back to the owners.[break][break]

Lance returns, smug as ever, to smile down on her at how he had managed to rectify the situation.[break][break]

"Don't get all in your head, hotshot. My method would have been just as effective - more fun probably, too."[break][break]

She smirks.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
gorilla glue [m]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 17:31:14 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]lance almost gasps at her response. "that's not very ranger-like of you." but he agrees; he just keeps it to himself to hold the moral high ground.

the kingler is given back to its rightful trainer and lance can see the conflicted expression the man has. yes, he has his kingler back, but he had to watch it get beat up by a pesky little bug of all things. a simple thank you is given and that's all that's needed. when the rest of the people start dispersing, lance turns back to stormy and offers her his hand.

"walk with me."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
gorilla glue [m]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 17:46:36 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

"Rangers do what they have to do - I wasn't going to hurt them that bad."[break][break]

She pouts, clearly put off a little by the suggestion that she wasn't ranger-like. [break][break]

The crowd clears, the few people that had been involved, anyway, leaving just the two of them behind. For a while, Stormy watches the Oranguru leave, likely musing over what had brought them to Mt. Pyre to begin with. It seemed a strange location to pick a fight.[break][break]

Pokemon were growing more and more aggressive and strange lately.[break][break]

But Lance brings her back with an outstretched hand and a request. She pauses a moment, regarding him, before putting her hand in his.[break][break]

"What's up?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
gorilla glue [m]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 18:28:30 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]"just wanted to walk with you." lance takes her hand in his and pulls her along as he starts walking further into the mountain. he stays close to her side as the air around them starts to change; a thin layer of fog befalls them and almost restricts their ability to see. the many tombstones, however, remain clear as day.

his eyes drift off to a couple and he reads the various inscriptions on them. most are of pokemon names and how long they lived; some even have quotes or pictures attached to them. the next question escapes him:

"have you ever lost a pokemon?"

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
gorilla glue [m]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 22:59:13 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

Her hand is warm in his, but not uncomfortable and sweaty- thank God. She is acutely aware of how close they are and how easy it is to just allow it, comforted by his presence. She falls into step next to him as he tugs her along, holding fast to his hand.[break][break]

"Oh.. well alright. And here I thought it was just work, work, work with you."[break][break]

She teases but she's smiling, squeezing his hand. The fog that rolls in is not uncommon, though the lack of vision is mildly unsettling.[break][break]

It isn't until he brings up a sore topic. It's evident in the way her hand slackens and she sucks in a breath. Absently, she glances around the area, as if looking for something.[break][break]

By coincidence, she comes to a stop at a gravestone that brings her a twinge of guilt and pain. It reads something along the lines of 'Tapati, sacrificed her life to protect and serve'. There's a red-crusted rock embedded in the headstone.[break][break]

"Yes. I think about her often."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
gorilla glue [m]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 4:30:22 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]her hand slackens in his and he only then realizes the weight of his question. he almost regrets how easy he had asked it but he's not granted the chance. they stop by a tombstone and the inscription fills him with solace.

"i'm sorry," he squeezes her hand, hoping to provide some form of comfort. "tell me about her." his gaze drifts back to the tombstone and he brushes dust off the inscription. "tapati."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
gorilla glue [m]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 4:38:38 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

"She was the first Pokemon I caught when I came to Hoenn. She sort of.. helped me slow down and enjoy things at a tortoise-pace. It sounds stupid but it's true. She was so easy-going and careful."[break][break]

And yet she had brought her into a dire situation and lost her because of her stupidity and recklessness.[break][break]

Lance's hand squeezes hers and she absently brushes her thumb against his, taking a deep breath.[break][break]

Just hearing her name spoken aloud was enough to stir long-buried emotion in her chest. It feels heavy and she looks away, unsure if she could bear looking at the headstone further.[break][break]

"I failed her."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay