surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 16:18:19 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheaderbig"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

Stormy's text is jumbled and jumpy just like her nerves. She's recently acquired a super sweet surprise for the man - someone she's grown quite fond of. [break][break]

But unfortunately, her ability to remain low-key and inconspicuous was nearly impossible. She was a terrible liar as well as a terrible flirt, so her attempts to meet up for 'something casual, don't worry about it, it's no big deal. Just meet me, please,' sounded a lot more worrisome or suspicious than she intended.[break][break]

Regardless, Lance comes through with an address to meet her at and it turns out to be his home. It overlooks the beach and is actually adorable and peaceful. She gets lost on his front porch area, distracted as her hand hovers the doorbell.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 16:40:40 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]lance knows a surprise is waiting for him but he decides to play it dumb and allows her the moment. it seems like it would mean a lot to her. he's sat on his couch waiting for her arrival when he catches a glimpse of her. the large windows surrounding the house allows for a lovely view of the ocean. and his front porch.

"oh hey it's you." 

the wooden door remains ajar as he gestures for her to enter. the floorboards, despite the glaring rays of the sun, feel cold underneath his bare feet. his house is nicely decorated but it lacks anything personal. no pictures. no trinkets. nothing. he leads them over to the living room and slumps back into the couch.

"so what's this something casual? unless you just wanted to see me, in which case you could've just asked."

[newclass=.lancepost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lancepost b]color:#dea02c;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 16:50:48 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

Her hand hangs in suspense a moment longer before retreating back to her chest when the door opens. She gasps, surprise turning to a smile as he gestures for her to come inside.[break][break]

"I really hope you don't say that to every girl you meet up with."[break][break]

She steps inside, slipping her flip-flops off. The cold floorboards are a stark contrast to her warm skin and the general heat from outside. How high does he have his air conditioning?[break][break]

For the most part she just takes a quick peek of Lance's home. She herself has little to no personal trinkets or photographs to decorate with, so his lack of decoration is not surprising.[break][break]

Instead, she opts to join him on the couch.[break][break]

"Well, seeing you is usually a plus - but I had something in mind today."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 16:55:23 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]his air conditioning is set to extra high because it's the only way he's able to cope with the excruciating heat of the region. months here and he still hasn't gotten used to it. there's a strong chance he never will.

"how many girls do you think i meet up with?" he asks, genuinely curious. he reaches for the remote and mutes the television; not that he was watching it in the first place. "you're sweet talking me."

but he gives her his full attention regardless and shifts so his entire body faces her. "go on."

[newclass=.lancepost b]color:#dea02c;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 17:03:03 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

Stormy waves off the question - she's not here to ruin her mood by asking about how many other girls he might be seeing. She has a surprise for him and she'd like to focus on that.[break][break]

"I don't know - you're charming, I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks so."[break][break]

But while he turns down the television, she's reaching into her pocket to retrieve something. She's sort of blushing, overwhelmed with nervous excitement. Would he like it? Was she being too forward? Was it appropriate to give him something like this?[break][break]

"I have something for you - someone, I mean."[break][break]

She's pulled out a level ball, it's orange and black and white patterning shiny and brand new. She holds it out to him, scooching closer on the couch.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 17:19:06 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]someone? his expression morphs into one of confusion but it soon mellows when she pulls out a level ball. the odd capsule boasts an interesting design and he can't help but wonder what's inside it. he reaches a hand out for it and allows curiosity to get the better of him. a flash of white appears and from it is an equally odd pokemon.

"i don't...know what it is."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 17:22:17 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

Stormy laughs as he opens the ball and the Kubfu appears. It looks tired, rubbing its eyes and yawning. The tiny rows of teeth just add to the cute factor. [break][break]

"Me neither, really. There was a tower-climbing puzzle-solving challenge. I beat it with a couple friends and we got to take home one of these guys. He's cute, right? I think the guy called it a Kubfu."[break][break]

At the sound of its species name, the tiny bear approaches Lance's leg.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 17:32:08 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]"dude looks as tired as i do." but there's no denying its cuteness. "it's adorable." it looks as if it could be a plushie for a child. he leans in to take a closer look at it as it approaches him. 

lance extends a hand out for it to take, smiling. "kubfu."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 18:32:41 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

"Oh shit, did I wake you?"[break][break]

How early was it? She was generally an early riser and didn't always consider that not everyone else was.[break][break]

Lance offers his hand and the Kubfu shakes it vigorously.[break][break]

"I think he's a fighting-type. His dad was a huge bear. Urshifu or something - it was crazy. I thought for sure we were going to lose when we got up there."[break][break]

Not really - she had been fairly confident they would win, but she didn't like sounding overconfident.[break][break]

"What do you think?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 18:52:40 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]"no i've been up for a while. i don't sleep well in general." which is why he is so fond of the memory of the night he spent at the hospital. he had never felt more rested here in hoenn than after that night.

lance squeezes when he shakes the kubfu's hand and it squeezes back with even more power. "i never made it past the sixth floor so you have me beat there." he finally lets go, breaking their handshake.

"what do you mean?" he asks, shifting back to meet her gaze. the realizaiton hits him then. "oh. you mean this is a gift." as appreciate as he may be, curiosity gets the better of him and he asks:

"why?"

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 19:08:28 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

"Oh."[break][break]

She frowns at his admittance, studying his face to realize that he really did look tired. She had to wonder what prevented him from sleeping well. [break][break]

But she tugs her gaze off of the man's face to watch their handshake exchange. It brings a smile to her face and she settles back into the couch.[break][break]

"I'm pretty tough."[break][break]

He questions her, however, surprised for a moment before realizing what it was she had meant by bringing the Kubfu. Her expression falters, immediately worried that he didn't like it or that she'd made a mistake.[break][break]

"I-- he's a real handful and I figured you might have an easier time training him. He doesn't even give me the time of day - but he already likes you."[break][break]

She clears her throat, glancing away. That isn't the entire reason, but his surprise to be receiving a gift from her is enough to deter her from saying anything more. [break][break]

"Now you'll be the ace of ace trainers. You two will be unstoppable."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 19:17:58 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]lance refuses to believe that stormy silph, a member of hoenn's elite four, would not be able to train a pokemon even as difficult as this kubfu might be.

"is that the only reason?" 

he presses her the same way she did to him after the snorlax mission. he suspects he knows the answer but he wants to hear it for himself. uncertainty is never a friend and he wants to be sure. he needs to be sure. his gaze stays on her even as she glances away. 

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 19:24:27 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

Her breath catches in her throat and she can feel her heart beat a little louder in her chest. He's pushing, prying, looking for something. Warmth lingers in her cheeks and she brings her attention back to him.[break][break]

"No. It's not the only reason."[break][break]

Stormy's thumbs worry away at the stitching in the couch or the hem of her shirt as she works to organize her thoughts and not word-vomit something that she doesn't mean or make a fool of herself.[break][break]

"I might like you, just a little bit. More than a little bit."[break][break]

She sighs.[break][break]

"I like you a lot and you deserve something nice - and cool - like this Kubfu."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 19:32:41 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]and there it is: confirmation. it makes all of this real and he cannot help but let his mind drift. his lips tug into a smile and he leaves it at that.

"don't hit me," he says as he turns back to the fighting-type. he extends his hands out and attempts to pick it up, and much to his surprise, the kubfu actually lets him. a moment later and he's sitting on lance's lap.

"thank you, stormy. really."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
surprise! [c]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 19:36:03 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","team2"]

She releases the breath she's been holding the moment Lance smiles. The ice is broken and, while his redirected attention to pick up the Kubfu wasn't exactly what she had expected - it's nice. Especially given how cute they are together and how satisfied the Kubfu is. This had been as much about the teeny bear as it had Lance.[break][break]

Stormy glances back up to his face when he thanks her, and it brings a smile to her face in response.[break][break]

"Sure thing, partner."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay